Share | 

Little Witch Academia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Little Witch Academia   10th April 2015, 11:39 pm

Who here is a fan of this magical girl anime?  It's a short 30 minute movie from Studio Trigger, who is best known for creating Kill La Kill, though this movie is much more cuter and innocent movie than that show was.  Little Witch Academia is about this girl Akko who dreams of becoming a witch like her idol Shiny Chariot, who is looked down upon as a fraud by real witches, but Akko joins a school for witches to learn how to use magic.  But Akko is very clumsy and she often gets her spells wrong and so this causes a lot of whacky chaos for her and her friends.  The movie basically follows a day in her life at the witch school.  It's a simple straightforward plot but the characters are cute and funny, the animation is very very beautiful, and it has a good soundtrack.  There's a surprising amount of exciting adventure in this movie and in spite of its short length, you still come to really enjoy these girls and the world Trigger has created.  They're now in the process of making a sequel that's going to be an hour long movie this time instead of just 30 min but I highly recommend this to all magical girl fans.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jinglebell
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Little Witch Academia   17th April 2015, 10:46 am

I LOVE this. The animation is amazing and it's because it has double the frames of a normal anime (I believe it has around 60 and a regular anime has around 30). They even said if the second movie goes well they'll consider making a series from it! I hope they do, I love magic and witches. I hope they keep the animation quality the same though.

I wondered about one thing that happened though
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
starshine
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Little Witch Academia   3rd January 2016, 8:22 pm

I've seen both movies. Even though the plots are simple, I enjoyed them and the characters are cute and heartwarming. 

@Henshinyo Yes, I think we are meant to deduce that it is her.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Little Witch Academia   6th July 2016, 7:57 am

There's some big news for Little Witch Academia fans!  They're finally making a full length TV series of it with the original director back!  And it's going to be coming to Netflix!   I love this anime so much and I've always wanted them to make a TV series for such a long time.  http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-04/netflix-to-stream-little-witch-academia-tv-anime-series/.103938
Back to top Go down
Sailor Leg Lamp
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Inner Senshi Admin Member Support Director

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Little Witch Academia   6th July 2016, 2:36 pm

Ooooo, I have seen it on Netflix and assumed it was already a television series. I need to watch it after I finish the monster that is Naruto.

Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Little Witch Academia   6th July 2016, 11:07 pm

The title on Netflix is the original movie and a sequel film that came out earlier this year.  The TV series isn't out yet.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Little Witch Academia   24th July 2016, 7:43 pm

I watched the original movie of this on Netflix a month or so back. I really liked it. That's awesome news to hear that it's getting a TV series. It has a lot of potential!

Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Little Witch Academia   24th July 2016, 10:55 pm

I've had the ovas on my watchlist for a while, but hearing that it's gonna get a series is fantastic! I really need to start watching now!

GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/

Little Witch Academia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-