Advanced Character ProfileCharacter Name:
Hilda Von Brandt
"Hilda" is a short form name containing the Germanic element "hild" (battle). Her surname, "Von Brandt" contains the possessive indicating "from" and the Middle High German "brant" (area cleared by fire).Gender:
FemaleAge and Date of Birth:
Approximately 17 Earth years; born in the warmest season, Waffe 12Used Canons:
Designed to be inserted into the Sailor Moon universe in either manga, 90s anime, live-action, musicals, or Crystal timelines.Appearance:
Hilda, like most of her family members, is fairly tall and imposing. She stands at 173cm (roughly 5'8") and has a wiry and muscular build. Her skin is a dark tan colour with reddish undertones—the most common skin tone on her planet. She has large, bright emerald green eyes with a slight almond-shape to them.
She has inherited her father's brilliantly ruby-red hair. It contains several shades of intensely-saturated red, from dark to bright. She parts her hair at the center of her head, and has no bangs. It is brushed slightly back from her face and then falls forward neatly to frame it. Her hair reaches just slightly above her waist and has a slight wave to it. She pulls back the top half of it in a loose updo and lets the bottom portion fall freely. A long tendril is in front of each ear.
Hilda never wears makeup. She chooses her clothing for function, not for style—but she values maintaining a clean and well-cared for appearance. Her garments are always new and in excellent condition. She takes care of minor repairs immediately, but will not wear anything that looks "worn" or "sloppy". She is most frequently seen in suits or other attire that Earth would classify as "business casual".Personality:
Hilda takes after her stern and analytical father much more than her gentle and nurturing mother. She is an imposing young woman in both stance and attitude. There is a harshness to her manners, as if her training in the armed forces has overwritten social niceties—or at least it seems that way to those who are not from her home world. On her planet, that is perfectly normal behaviour.
Hilda relies on facts, not feelings. This is the common outlook on her world and one she has been culturally ingrained with since birth. Her mother attempted to impress a need for emotional acuity, but it never really took for Hilda. Those from worlds with a greater focus on the heart will find her cold and aloof, as they would likely take away from any interaction with other denizens of home. She is often confused when confronted with people who operate differently—who prioritize how they feel about a situation rather than considering only the available data.
That is not to say that she is heartless, but it is expressed differently. She has plenty of feelings, but she doesn't outwardly express them. It is considered impolite to do so. Hilda loves her family intensely, but she is unlikely to hug them or profess these feelings. Instead, she considers it a point of pride to be loyal to her family—particularly because they are people objectively worthy of her loyalty. She demonstrates that she cares about them by providing support when needed, often an action specifically requested by another family member, and celebrating their accomplishments. Physical affection is almost unheard of on her world, and it is one of the things she often argues with her mother about.
Even the arguments are less impassioned. She focuses on details, seeking to prove her point to her opponent with clear evidence. The one who fails to persuade their opponent is ultimately the loser of the debate—commonly the position of Hilda's mother, who lacks the statistics to back up her claims. Hilda would never be described by others as having "a temper", as she remains rational and calm even when contradicted.
The same is true on the battlefield. Thankfully, on her world this is a matter of practice and scenario rather than actual war. Still, training is mandatory and it is also something Hilda excels at and enjoys. A smile is most likely to be on her face when she is maneuvering a helicopter through an obstacle course or firing machine guns at paper targets. She never particularly struggles in academic classes, but she shines brilliantly when placed into a mock battle situation.
This has been particularly useful since her awakening as Sailor Panzer. She is able to calmly assess a situation, swiftly considering potential outcomes before
she acts. Her reliance on evidence and data makes her a poor candidate for the sneaky tactics of the Chaotic agents she has encountered, who often try to appeal to emotional responses. Also, she has learned that a real battle fighting real people is much less enjoyable than practice. The wars she has seen on other planets have made her extremely concerned about the impact of unfettered emotions on a culture.
Prior to her mission as Sailor Panzer, Hilda dreamed of travel. She found her job fulfilling and her training (academic and military) rewarding, but she wondered what other people would be like. She is very curious, always seeking new information and considering hypothetical scenarios. Now that she is finally able to travel, it is not the way she wanted. She is not an observer, cataloging the actions of unfamiliar worlds. She is a fighter and interloper, trying to drive back a dangerous enemy. Hilda still hopes that someday she will be able to visit other places in a different, less urgent way.Any Unique Abilities/Skills:
• Mandatory military training for the standing army of Panzer leaves Hilda with moderate proficiency in several forms of hand-to-hand combat, both for offensive and defensive use.
• Similarly, there are few (if any) weapons that Hilda is unable to operate with skill, even those she has not previously encountered—as long as the basic workings are at least somewhat related to the implements she has used before.
• Trained to pilot and perform maintenance on a variety of ground, air, and water vehicles.History:
Panzer is planet in the Milky Way Galaxy located far from our Solar System. Long before the established Silver Millennium, they were once visited by a wanderer with silvery hair and a magnificent power. Shortly after the mysterious woman left, a malicious force tried to infect the planet, searching for something. To protect the planet from evil, a warrior known as "Sailor Panzer" awakened to defeat it.
The people of Panzer are orderly and regimented. They have no single ruler, opting instead for a true democratic elected system. Within their small planetary system orbiting a binary star they call Sonne, Panzer exports a vast array of military technology to neighboring, warring planets such as Streit and Ringen. The people of Panzer believe that they were once as full of turmoil as the other planets within their system, but that the people united under the first Sailor Panzer to expel the mythic evil in their lore. After expelling that strange darkness, they restructured to export arms instead of using them.
Sailor Panzer is regarded as a national hero. Her birth and her death are celebrated as planetary holidays, rest and merriment for all in her honor. Her likeness, or at least the pop culture variant of it, is emblazoned on everything from government documents to cereal boxes. It is not uncommon to hear people utter her name in reverence or as a curse against someone else. Her tomb and monument is the most visited attraction on the planet. At this point, hundreds of years have passed, but the people have never stopped believing in their sailor soldier and her valiant efforts.
Hilda Von Brandt is the youngest daughter of Wotan Von Brandt, president of one of the largest ammunition manufacturers on their planet. Her childhood was fairly standard according to the Panzer way of life—schooling, military training, and playing with her two older siblings. Although a dutiful child and good citizen, she always felt a little bit out of place. She wanted to explore, although travel between the planets in their system is discouraged due to the lack of safety on other worlds. Still, she couldn't stop thinking about what else might be out there.
She works part-time at her father's company, and it was there that she first awakened as the new Sailor Panzer. A representative from Ringen had come to negotiate a purchase for several crates of ammunition. Hilda noticed that something seemed strange about the man when she passed him in the hallway, but she shrugged it off. Only seconds later, however, the other end of the long hallway exploded in flames. Without thinking about herself, she rushed in to try and help other employees.
Hilda confronted the bizarre man, now a strange humanoid shape that burned with flames pouring from his eyes and mouth as he laughed. As she grappled with him, singed from the heat and flame, she prayed for the strength to fight him off.
In that moment, the ghostly figure of Sailor Panzer appeared before her in a blaze of heroic glory. She smiled gently at Hilda and merged with her body, instantly transforming the teenager into a sailor soldier—a new Sailor Panzer! Now with the power of her planet pulsing through her body, she easily withstood the attacks from the changed man and destroyed him with her abilities. In the confusing aftermath, transformed suddenly back into her normal self, she learned in the following weeks that there was a unnatural darkness on Ringen spreading through the masses.
The same evil that once threatened Panzer.
In the next year, she would fight agents of Chaos on the nearby planets of Ringen, Streit, and Angriff. The travel that Hilda had always dreamed of came with the sad cost of suffering—suffering she witnessed on the planets under the control of Chaotic entities. Slowly she learned about the enemy she fought, and she began to wonder how much was true of the legend of the original Sailor Panzer. What was going on in her star system? Did it all relate to the silver-haired traveler?
Despite her focused efforts, she soon realized that the core of her system, the binary stars that gave them light and life, was in jeopardy. She tried to fight against it, conquering small offshoots of the evil within but not managing to force out the true darkness. It was too much. It overwhelmed her, forcing her to retreat.
Focusing on the legend of the original Sailor Panzer, she began a journey to seek out that silver-haired traveler, wondering if she could be the key to discovering and eradicating the root of this evil.Other Noteworthy Facts:Blood Type:
Lifting weights and playing cardsFavourite Sport:
Track and field activitiesFavourite Colour:
Dark redFavourite Subject:
Tactical strategyLeast Favourite Subject:
Reuben sandwichesLeast Favourite Food:
To travel the universeFamily
• Father, Wotan, is president of VB Ammunition, the second-largest manufacturer of ammunition on Panzer. He is a stern man, but very fair and strict. His excellent management has grown the company into what it is today; under his father's guidance it was only 1/6th the size.
• Mother, Frieda, is a kind and delicate woman. She teaches young children in the schools, a career she continued throughout her children's childhoods and beyond.
• Brother, Wilhelm, is 4 Earth years older than Hilda. He works for their father and plans to succeed him as company president someday. He is a skilled businessman. Part of his devotion to his career is related to his desire to marry his beloved, Katarine; he seeks to prove that he will be a willing partner in their future life together.
• Sister, Mechtilde, is 3 Earth years older. She embraced life in the standing army and is currently a teaching instructor. Rough manners, but also very warm, she has always been extremely supportive of Hilda.Storyline Specific Information:
Senshi InformationSenshi Name:
Sailor PanzerRealms of Influence:
Armaments, artillery, and armor Henshin/Transformation Phrase:
"Panzer Vor!"Senshi Fuku:
The foundation of her uniform is a sleeveless reinforced bodice of dark steel gray with lighter gray seams. It is divided into numerous panels approximately 10cm square. Her sailor collar matches her bodice—dark steel gray, with two lighter gray stripes near the edge. Her sailor collar is quite long, forming a cape that reaches the back of her knees. Knotted under the collar is a light brown scarf with the ends left free. There is a dark gray metal star pinned to cover the knot. She has cap sleeve-shaped armor protecting her shoulders, matching the dark gray of the bodice. Around her waist are two lighter gray metallic belts, crossing in an "x" at which point there is a dark gray metal star medallion. They slightly intersect the lighter gray v-shaped waistband of her very short pleated skirt in army drab olive green. At the back of her skirt is a large navy blue bow with long tails that reach to mid-thigh.
On her arms she wears close-fitting fingerless gloves of the same army drab as her skirt. They reach several inches above her elbow. Her long, nicely-manicured fingernails are painted the same light brown as her scarf. Around each wrist is a metal wristband of dark gray with a thinner band of lighter gray on either edge. Her shoes are army drab knee-high boots with a mid-height heel and pointed toes. They have excellent tread on the bottom and are slip-resistant, insulated from conductivity, waterproof, and steel-toed. Around each ankle two light gray metallic bands criss-cross to form an "x" with a darker gray star medallion at the center—mimicking the style of her belts.
Her choker is a simple ribbon of the same army drab. She wears large hoop earrings in the lighter gray metal. Her tiara is a straight band of lighter gray metal with a darker gray star ornament at the center of her forehead. She wears a navy blue mask with a dramatic cat's eye shape and only a frame on the upper edge of the mask. The rest of the mask is navy-tinted poly-carbonate lens. Her hairstyle and other appearance does not change when she is transformed.Powers:
• "Open Fire!"
- Sailor Panzer unleashes a rain of bullets upon her enemies using the smaller twin guns of her weapons. She is able to switch between a variety of small-caliber ammunition: conventional, shotgun, and explosive. To activate this power, she concentrates on activating her Machine Guns, which appear on the backs of her arms, calls out her attack phrase, and begins firing. This is an attack with moderate power that can hit multiple enemies. It can, unfortunately, also hit multiple unintentional targets. It is recommended that other sailor soldiers and teammates stay clear of the bullet spray.
• "Heavy Artillery!"
- Sailor Panzer takes a deep breath and summons her Turret Cannon, the massive weapon appearing to be mounted on her shoulders yet not interfered with by her body placement. Her eyes begin to glow a bright gold colour as she charges the energy needed to fire. "Loading..." If she is firing a guided missile, it will take an additional amount of time to charge. She carefully calculates the needed targeting information and aligns the turret. Her entire form begins to glow with golden energy, surrounding both her body and the cannon. The light dims, appearing at the barrel of the cannon, and then is released towards the target. This is a high powered attack that attacks a single target. Although, due to the explosions that occur when it hits anything, it can have an impact of several targets. Allies should stay clear of her target, or they risk being involved in the resulting aftermath.
• Armor Plating
- Extremely sturdy and durable, she is well suited to her role as a tank. Although her uniform is not physically bulky, her powers reinforce it, modifying the material to something defensive and tough. She can take massive amounts of physical damage before showing a single scratch. When enemies make physical or magical contact with her form, the attacks react as though there is a significant barrier around her body. This can be gradually depleted, but it takes a large amount of effort to do so. The armor greatly reduces her speed—like a tank, she moves slowly.
• Adaptive Camouflage
- Not only is she able to absorb attacks, but she is sometimes difficult for enemies to notice until it is too late. Sailor Panzer's uniform changes colour slightly, attempting to blend in with her surroundings. It is never a perfect match, and her skin and hair are not involved, but it can be tricky for others to see her from a distance.
• Night Vision
- Sailor Panzer is able to see in low light conditions. Unlike the human eye, her eyes contain tapeta lucida
, thus she is able to see in dark conditions much like a nocturnal animal. She also has infrared sensors that enhance this ability.
• Radio Switchboard
- When transformed, Sailor Panzer is able to broadcast and receive communications from any other sailor soldier within a 30-kilometer range. It works like the magical equivalent of a two-way radio with multiple sources. It is activated by the general presence of Sailor Panzer and tunes in to the frequency of a Sailor Crystal. As this ability operates like a two-way radio, it is not suitable for mass communications within a group, as each recipient must be contacted directly.Weapons and Magical Items:
• VB Lapel Pin
- A small pin commonly worn on the lapel of her blazers—garments she wears frequently. The pin is a dark gray metal and shaped like the "VB" logo of her father's ammunition company. This item enables Hilda to transform into Sailor Panzer.
• Machine Guns
- Two medium-sized machine guns appear attached to the back of Sailor Panzer's wrists and forearms when summoned. These have a moderate accuracy range, subject to some issues related to the high rate of fire. They are more effective when fired from a prone position, for greater stability. She can fire conventional bullets, shotgun cartridges, or explosive rounds.
• Turret Cannon
- Her largest weapon is a large-caliber, high-velocity gun with a wide targeting range. It rotates and pivots to aim accurately. Her accuracy increases drastically if she is stationery, although it is possible
to fire when moving. She fires high-explosive rounds, penetrating rounds, and guided missiles from this weapon.Guardian:
She is guarded, in a sense, by the spirit of the original Sailor Panzer. The memory of that valiant warrior now takes a vague form that appears either like a faded ghost or somewhat like the "sailor power guardians" of the manga universe. She doesn't speak, but she communicates with Hilda through the expression and sharing of emotions. This is a particularly strange mode of communication for Hilda, as emotional responses are not common for her people.RP Sample:
The explosion rocked the hallway, sending her teetering even on her low-heeled sensible shoes, scattering the papers from her arms. Hilda felt the heat from the blast even before she saw the flames, her green eyes scanning the area for damage. The other end of the hall, the area where she had seen that blank-eyed man walk into, was obscured now by dark, thick smoke.
Her mind rapidly thought back to just seconds ago, right before the incident. How many people were in that area? At least eight that she had seen. The fire department would be on their way, of course, but right now there could be serious injuries that needed immediate attention. Someone needed to act
Her own safety was nothing compared to the people she might be able to help. Hilda covered her mouth and rushed towards the damaged area, keeping low to avoid the smoke. She knew the layout of this building better than anyone; she had played here as a child. There were hallways, other rooms with open windows. She could easily carry victims to places where they would be able to get ventilation. There was a fire extinguisher around the corner, as well.
The heat spiked suddenly and inexplicably. Hilda spun around, glancing up. She needed no help to see through the smoke. It recoiled from the heat waves generated off the man... or was he a man? Hilda recognized him from her earlier encounter, but now his form was something hideous and menacing.
"Have you come to save them?" he laughed. Flames poured forth from his mouth as he spoke, mingling with those that blazed where he should have had eyes.
It only took a moment for the two to engage. They struggled against each other. She could feel his grip on her upper arms burning through her blouse and melting her skin, but she gritted her teeth against the pain.I can do this,
she thought, eyes squeezed tightly shut. She could feel his muscles opposing her actions, and realized he was starting to push her back. If only I had more power!
The man let go suddenly, his voice a roar of anguish. Hilda gasped, her eyes now open. A light flared, more flames surrounding a figure. A different figure. One she knew
"Sailor... Panzer?" she whispered.
The woman smiled at her, her hair light wafting around her face as though the flames were merely a gentle breeze. In response, Hilda felt a strange stirring in her soul. A power... the power she had hoped for. Somehow... somehow...She had it.
The words were familiar even though they were new.