HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Detective Conan/Case Closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Detective Conan/Case Closed   6th February 2016, 3:40 pm

So sad when I couldn't find Detective Conan!   This series has long been one of my favorites, next to Sailor Moon, of course.  I constantly find myself going to it and rewatching it again and again and again.  I'm pretty sure this series has been the longest running in Japan with OVER 800 episodes(and still going), 13 movies release(plus one more on the way), and like over 88 volumes(and it's still going) released!  I'm so sad that funimation decided to cute dubbing it half way through.

Synopsis:
Shinichi Kudo, a high school detective, finds himself in a pinch when his body is shrunken to that of a 1st grader(!) after witness a suspicious transaction between two men in black.  As he investigates his way to the Black Organization, he meets Naniwa High School Detective Heiji Hattori,  former Black Organization chemist Miyano Shiho, and many more.  Thanks to the inventions of family friend Dr. Agasa, he continuous to solve cases even though he is the size of a 1st grader.

Back to top Go down
Solipsi Rai
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter - primadonna's husband

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed   6th February 2016, 3:54 pm

I watched some eps of Detective Conan/Case Closed...you're more into the series than me and I'm interested in knowing more about the series. I looked somewhat like Shinichi when I was a child, but never wore glasses.   Shocked

SAILOR JUPITER is my fave Senshi!     

If there is will, there is a way, there is want to make the world a better place.

The triumph of intelligence over ignorance - The Phil Hendrie radio comedy show
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed   6th February 2016, 3:59 pm

Well, what do you want to know?
Back to top Go down
Solipsi Rai
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter - primadonna's husband

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed   6th February 2016, 4:07 pm

@Princess Sailor Mai wrote:
Well, what do you want to know?

Further details and info., I watched the English dub on Adult Swim a few years ago. You're describing the Japanese original (their characters' names for instance). Shinichi (or Conan) was given a potion to made him a decade younger (he was a teenager at first). And he moved in with the family of this teen girl or woman (I don't have her name in my mind right now) he was in love with as a teenager.

SAILOR JUPITER is my fave Senshi!     

If there is will, there is a way, there is want to make the world a better place.

The triumph of intelligence over ignorance - The Phil Hendrie radio comedy show
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed   6th February 2016, 10:33 pm

Both in the dub and original the shrunken version of Shinichi was named Conan. They changed teen Shinichi's name to Jimmy and kept the last name. Yes, Shinichi is in love with Ran/Rachel Mouri/Moore.
Back to top Go down

Detective Conan/Case Closed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-