HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: ION   23rd April 2016, 8:38 pm

I am currently reading this single-volume manga title.  It is in the Shojo Beat line of manga titles.

The story is about this high school (I think - junior high if not) student named Ion Tsuburagi.  At the beginning of the story, she is a psychic with weak powers - basically all she can do is get some good luck right away by chanting the three (Roman) letters of her given name.  In the first Chapter, Ion happens to meet fellow student Mikado Hourai, and find out that he is president of the Psychic Power Research Society at her school.  Because Mikado willingly protects her from being found by another boy at her school (Kouki Shiraishi, the president of the student council at this school) who she is not interested in at all, the two of them start talking.  As part of that conversation to find out more about each other, Ion reveals her good-luck chant to Mikado as a thank-you for him having hidden her from Kouki.

I am currently in the middle of Chapter 5 (of 6) in this manga, and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far!  The plot development has been very good, showing the gradual development of a romance between Ion and Mikado as other things happen around them, including a good mix of minor characters interacting with them.  I have liked watching their feelings toward each other slowly change over time as the plot develops like this.

And the artwork is very detailed and pretty in this manga, which I think is excellent!  Arina Tanemura's drawings are typically very detailed and realistic here, which I think is the best way to illustrate a manga!  Some people don't like how she adds small hearts and flower designs to some of her drawings, but I think these things add a nice touch.  And this tankoubon is printed to be read from right to left, so there is no image-flipping in it.

Overall, I think this is an excellent manga title, and I would recommend it to others, especially those who enjoy school-age romance stories!  Has anyone else here read it, or at least gotten into it/started it?

The front cover of the English-language version of this manga

pic copied from the fanpop website

Avatar from Zoey900; Signature from Diana; Right Bumper from Moon Kingdom Forums.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: ION   3rd May 2016, 5:39 pm

Arina is the queen of shoujo! <3

Loved this story so much!

Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-