This came up in another thread in relation to Sailor Saturn and Mistress 9's promo art:
I can live with Mistess 9's design, but I have to admit that I'm not totally keen on this new Sailor Saturn design. Something about her face and head doesn't match up with the proportions of her body. Saturn seems to undergo the most character design reinterpretations based on all the pieces of promo art we've seen featuring her.
I suspect that this won't be the official art featured in the series for a few reasons:
1) The Maboroshi no Ginzuisho has consistently been depicted with CGI in transparent form (with minor exceptions).
2) This Saturn doesn't match with this one:
3) Her earrings aren't present in the promo art.
4) We don't see her crystal brooch and choker.
5) She looks much younger and less determined than she does in the images of point no. 2.
Now I'm a bit confused on the stone in her tiara.
The 90s anime made it white, but the manga appears to have it be purple.
Now I'm curious as to who awakened.
Was it Silver Millennium Saturn, or was it Hotaru?
Mistress 9 had destroyed Hotaru's body by that point, and as awesome as regrouping her flesh might sound, I'm not so sure that's what happened. Note the dramatic age difference present between the two:
Perhaps this is why we are never granted an official henshin for Saturn? Maybe she didn't henshin at all, but rather awoke materialized as Sailor Saturn. Perhaps Hotaru only ever really becomes Sailor Saturn when she goes Super and Eternal in Dreams and the Stars Arc. :O