View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MoonFanatics
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Judy (Moon Fanatics)

PostSubject: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   7th February 2012, 7:59 pm

Does anybody watch/read Bleach? It's incredibly AMAZING!!! <333
I recommend it to people who likes to watch/read shounen anime/manga.
Anyways, discuss about it!

1. Who's your favorite character(s) and why?
2. Which season you liked the best?
3. Opinions about it?

If you haven't watched it...

http://watchcartoononline.com/bleach !
Or search it up if the videos don't work!

Back to top Go down
http://moonfanatics.tumblr.com http://moonfanatics.tumblr.com
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   19th February 2012, 8:33 pm

Ooh, Bleach. Very Happy Sadly, I have not been able to read and watch all of it because it is way too long. Lol. I just can't get involved in a series that refuses to end.

My favorite character is Gin. My gosh. He is the most incredible character on that show. Well, so is Aizen. Aizen is the ultimate villain and he is out of his mind in his brilliance. But Gin I adore. I love that lilting voice, his accent and manner of stringing words together, the smile that never fades and his slender build. Gyahh.

His 'bye bye!' is the sound that plays when my computer shuts down. XD

Now what about you, Judy? Have you watched the entire anime? I have a question to ask you about a certain thing involving Aizen and I do not want to cause a spoiler!

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net https://twitter.com/mydearsourwolf
Sailor Leg Lamp
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Inner Senshi Admin Member Support Director

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   19th February 2012, 8:37 pm

My boyfriend and I have been watching Bleach for awhile. I thought I wasn't going to like it, but then I couldn't stop watching it. I love Urahara. I call him Flipper Hat.

And I never believe that Orihime could get more 'talented' than she already was, but boy was I surprised during the latest season. They just keep growing. o.0

Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
MoonFanatics
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st February 2012, 4:12 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Ooh, Bleach. Very Happy Sadly, I have not been able to read and watch all of it because it is way too long. Lol. I just can't get involved in a series that refuses to end.

My favorite character is Gin. My gosh. He is the most incredible character on that show. Well, so is Aizen. Aizen is the ultimate villain and he is out of his mind in his brilliance. But Gin I adore. I love that lilting voice, his accent and manner of stringing words together, the smile that never fades and his slender build. Gyahh.

His 'bye bye!' is the sound that plays when my computer shuts down. XD

Now what about you, Judy? Have you watched the entire anime? I have a question to ask you about a certain thing involving Aizen and I do not want to cause a spoiler!

I know right, Tite Kubo has been drawing for 10 straight years.
There are almost 500 chapters to the series. Sad TOO MUCH READING
I haven't watched the whole entire series yet I kind of lost interest of Bleach... Sad

Back to top Go down
MoonFanatics
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st February 2012, 4:14 pm

Sailor Venus wrote:
My boyfriend and I have been watching Bleach for awhile. I thought I wasn't going to like it, but then I couldn't stop watching it. I love Urahara. I call him Flipper Hat.

And I never believe that Orihime could get more 'talented' than she already was, but boy was I surprised during the latest season. They just keep growing. o.0

The first time I watched Bleach, I thought I wasn't going to like it either...
It's amazing actually, since Bleach I've liked shounen animes/mangas
more than shoujo mangas/animes... Sad

Back to top Go down
MoonFanatics
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   24th March 2012, 10:21 pm

ummm bummp! Who likes Bleach? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 1:50 pm

I enjoy Bleach, and still do. It used to be a favorite, but not so much anymore.

I gave up on the anime around episode 167, which was about where the series was in Japan at the time. I had just gotten though marathoning a bunch of episodes weeks before, including the Bounto filler arc. When I heard there was another set of filler episodes coming up, I just didn't feel like sitting though more filler so soon. So I've just been reading the manga, which is actually better as it moves alot faster than the anime and has no filler.

Kubo has some really great ideas and a great style, but the man just does NOT know how to write a coherent story.
I really like the way he does his artwork, and lays out his panels, its almost poetic in a way. He also terrific at coming up with a fun cast of characters and designs for them. You can even see this in the other series he did, Zombie Powder.
However, he has his flaws. He has a habit of making *too* many characters, making it difficult to develop and keep track of them all, and when you really look at it, the story doesn't make much sense. Theres been many times where he would introduce something that could've taken the story into a really interesting direction....but he doesn't do it, and instead he ends up doing something else completely different. I've lost track of the number of the missed opportunities Kubo had, all which would have made the story alot better than what we actually got.

Dispite its flaws, I'm also hanging onto my copies of vol 1-20, as the first part of the series is still pretty entertaining. I'm even sticking with the manga until the end. 500+ chapters in, I've gotten this far, and I do actually still enjoy it to a degree (when I'm not thinking about the gaping plot holes), might as well finish.

Signature by Ai No Senshi

MyAnimeList Deviantart
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 4:11 pm

They have it on Toonami but I want to watch it from episode 1 so I'll wait^^ it'll be my first time watching the series, I haven't read the manga yet either but I intend to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 4:22 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
They have it on Toonami but I want to watch it from episode 1 so I'll wait^^ it'll be my first time watching the series, I haven't read the manga yet either but I intend to Very Happy

Its gonna be a long wait then, considering they are at episode 200+-something last I looked. You could try your local library in you're in the US, I'm finding that most libraries have been keeping the Bleach manga in their collection along with other very popular manga series.

Signature by Ai No Senshi

MyAnimeList Deviantart
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 4:40 pm

I personally think its overrated, like.most Shonen Jump anime adaptations.

Avatar by Sailor Mercury | Sig by Me
The Starry Quinn to Mistah Ek ~ Addy's Waifu ~ The Maki to Nico's Nico ~ Eternal Eternity's Mentor

Back to top Go down
http://infeliouszalez.tumblr.com http://sailor-juno.deviantart.com http://youtube.com/infeliouszalez http://curedirge.livejournal.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 4:43 pm

Quote :
Its gonna be a long wait then, considering they are at episode 200+-something last I looked. You could try your local library in you're in the US, I'm finding that most libraries have been keeping the Bleach manga in their collection along with other very popular manga series.

When I lived in AZ the Scottsdale Library was huge and has a decent sized anime/manga section but in FL they don't have a love for anime but I'm not surprised, the library near me is incredibly small and a lot are like that here. One of the many reasons why I hate FL u.u
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 5:17 pm

I loved Bleach in the beginning, it was like Yu Yu Hakusho but with the "self-aware of sillyness' vibe from Dragon Ball.

The first season was my favourite, after that it seemed to shift more into a Shonen series but I still liked it. I have to admit, the show has been dragging a bit.

But I LOVE the characters, it is what keeps me coming back to it. I actually like the filler episodes that shows them domesticated, because its actually refreshing to see that.

Tuxedo Kamen was here.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 5:35 pm

Quote :
I loved Bleach in the beginning, it was like Yu Yu Hakusho but with the "self-aware of sillyness' vibe from Dragon Ball.

I loved Yu Yu Hakusho!

Dragon Ball is actually my favorite saga from the whole series^^ I'm stunned they keep making new sagas. It's not even connected seasons anymore, it's all over the place now...

Quote :
But I LOVE the characters, it is what keeps me coming back to it. I actually like the filler episodes that shows them domesticated, because its actually refreshing to see that.

I have to admit, I don't believe in fillers. People call some episodes unnecessary but that's not the case to me. It's all apart of the story, if there weren't episodes showing the characters doing trivial things, we wouldn't connect to them as much and there would be a very evident lack of character growth and development and when their is a lack of character development, it just doesn't seem well written to me.

Ail and Aan in the doom tree saga was a filler for me, because that WAS unnecessary(Although I do love the saga) because it wasn't apart of the original idea and this is where the series really stemmed off and separated from the original story line. Which is cool but I don't find single episodes being much as fillers but developmental purposes^^
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 5:44 pm

The Dragon Ball series is like Goku himself, no matter how many times it dies, it will always find a to return. Smile

But let's get back on topic here.

I'm not really a filler hater either, but I can see why some people dislike it. Like there will be a major fight going on, and the next episode will randomly just be about something completely irrelevant, than the following episode will resume the fight. I do agree that filler has helped me become more attached to the characters.

Tuxedo Kamen was here.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 5:57 pm

Quote :
I'm not really a filler hater either, but I can see why some people dislike it. Like there will be a major fight going on, and the next episode will randomly just be about something completely irrelevant, than the following episode will resume the fight. I do agree that filler has helped me become more attached to the characters.

I can see why that's be frustrating, breaking the middle of a fight scene and then something irrelevant.

I don't see that happening in other anime/manga. Usually the random episode will have some relevance, like Dragon ball Z, a fight scene one episode, but the next is about how Bulma is fairing during the fight so it still had relevance. It's just how things are done when you have so many characters to focus on :/

Does Bleach really have a lot of irrelevant episodes? Can you spoiler and example for me?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sailor Leg Lamp
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Inner Senshi Admin Member Support Director

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 6:11 pm

I really liked the majority of Bleach. I binge-watched the series with my fiancé for several months. I expected to dislike it, but really enjoyed it and had a hard time stopping after about half of the first season.

Spoiler:

After *insert topic of the spoiler here* I expected the series to end, because it seemed like a natural stopping point. I was so ready for it to end after that point (not because I disliked it, but it just seemed natural for it to end there) that I haven't been able to continue watching the series.

Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 6:28 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Quote :

I can see why that's be frustrating, breaking the middle of a fight scene and then something irrelevant.

I don't see that happening in other anime/manga. Usually the random episode will have some relevance, like Dragon ball Z, a fight scene one episode, but the next is about how Bulma is fairing during the fight so it still had relevance. It's just how things are done when you have so many characters to focus on :/

Does Bleach really have a lot of irrelevant episodes? Can you spoiler and example for me?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hopefully that made sense?

Tuxedo Kamen was here.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 6:36 pm

LOL yes that made sense. That is definitely an irrelevant filler I agree^^ since you enjoyed it though I think it's still worth the watch for me Very Happy Does that kind of filler happen a lot? I've seen things like that in other anime and even manga. Like side-stories and what not. I like them because they're fun^^
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 6:39 pm

Well, here is a list of filler.

Spoiler:

Tuxedo Kamen was here.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 6:46 pm

Whoa this anime has a lot more episodes then I thought *_* it's still ongoing?

Should I read the manga first?
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 6:49 pm

I haven't read the manga, so not sure.

By the way, you can start the series at Episode 1 on HULU.

http://www.hulu.com/bleach

Tuxedo Kamen was here.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Tite Kubo's Bleach?   21st May 2013, 7:14 pm

YEY! Very Happy thankies C:
Back to top Go down

Tite Kubo's Bleach?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-