Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Moon   30th March 2015, 9:09 am

I know!!!! I'm going to get it!

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Moon   31st March 2015, 1:56 pm

My younger sister and my cousin are Harvest Moon fans, I sometimes used to play Harvest Moon 2 at my cousin's house when I was 11 years old. And my younger sister likes to play Harvest Moon game on the NDS.
Back to top Go down
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Moon   15th September 2016, 4:03 pm

Okay! So...I got into Harvest Moon a few months ago, and...seriously! Where in the world have these games been all my life?!

My first HM game was Harvest Moon one for the GameBoy Color, bought it off the Virtual Console out of curiosity. Worst one I played, but I did enjoy it to an extent. You couldn't marry anyone, the village was nothing but a menu system, and it is SUPER easy for your animals to become permanently unhappy for little to no reason.

My favorite game is Story of Seasons. It's basically everything Harvest Moon should be. It's fun, it's entertaining, the character designs are neat, the movements are more fluid and less restrained, and there's a wide variety of things to do without getting repetitive! True, you do get time locked out of certain things (You can't get camels until four in-game years, and to unlock certain countries you need to ship out A LOT of stuff like cooking and furniture, which can take forever), but for me, it was absolutely worth it. Plus, the music is very nice, if somewhat limited, and the characters feel more real and fleshed out, rather than just one-note cardboard cut-outs. I married Raeger in my first playthrough, and plan on marrying Agate in my second.

I have played the Friends of Mineral Town series (both boy and girl versions) and enjoyed them both. People say these are the best games in the series, and while I don't think they're the BEST, I can see why they're so revered. I married Mary in the first game, and Cliff in MFoMT. I'm also playing Tale of Two Towns right now, and while I do like it, there are things about it that prevent me from thinking it to be the best, like the frequent cooking contests, lack of access to certain ingredients for dishes in said cooking contests, lack of farm space in the Konohana farm for animals, and NOT BEING ABLE TO SAVE ANYWHERE EXCEPT YOUR BED WHICH IS TOTAL BULL!!!!! But other than those, I like it. I'm gonna marry Cam!

I like HM so much now, I've been writing fan fics for it, and plan on writing more centered in the Mineral Town-verse! I tried playing Harvest Moon 64 on an emulator, but I know nothing about the N64's controls, so I need to brush up on knowledge of the game and how to use the N64 emulator before attempting to play it again, even though I hear people say its the best game in the whole franchise.

Current In-Progress Fan Fic: Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com http://joyousmenma93.livejournal.com

Harvest Moon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Star Garden :: Gamers Lounge-