[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

PostSubject: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   29th November 2016, 8:10 am

Storyline Name: Dissidia Multiverse
Creator(s): Light (largely inspired by Sailor Saturn's Dinner at The Axis event!)
Forum: Gates to the Multiverse
Universe: Original universe (based on Dissidia Final Fantasy, with characters from multiple universes)
Advanced or Relaxed: Relaxed
Moderator: Light
Plot Summary: In a secret alternate dimension, the Goddess of Harmony, Cosmos, and the God of Discord, Chaos, have been in eternal conflict. When one side is victorious, the scale for the entire universe is tipped towards their side, until the other is eventually revived and the war can start again from the beginning.

Warriors of Light and of Darkness have been summoned in this separate dimension to assist their side in this Grand War. But in this place that those characters have limited knowledge of, things may not be as they seem...

Details on any necessary information: Characters (heroes and villains) have been summoned from various universes. The characters have full knowledge of everything transpired within their universe until the point they were summoned. Some characters may (mostly depending on the player) have noticed a slight shift in the balance towards the forces of evil in their world. Characters may or may not have heard of tales of Cosmos and Chaos, but no characters actually know them or this alternate dimension they are thrown into.

Universe Need-to-Know Info: There are no creatures naturally inhabiting this dimension, but minor hostile/friendly creatures (beside the summoned heroes/villains) may be summoned and/or created by the gods. The characters retain all the abilities they had on their original worlds, but the effects are somewhat neutralized (a world-ending power will more than likely just have the same effect as a regular attack!)

Characters cannot be actually killed in this dimension. "Killing" a character will simply send them back to their original universe and they will be unable to be summoned back.

Restrictions: I am opening up to 10 available slots, which can be distributed as: anywhere between 3 and 7 protagonists, and anywhere between 0 and 5 antagonists. (An equal combination would be ideal, but I am allowing more protagonists depending on interest - not the opposite though.)

Each player can play up to one protagonist and one antagonist. At this point I am opening character claims for only one of the two, but if available spots remain, you will be allowed to play an opposing force if you'd like (from the same or from a different universe).

Protagonists should not come from the same universe as one another. Same goes for antagonists. However, a protagonist and an antagonist can come from the same universe.

(Note that for games, as long as they do not overlap (i.e. FF4 and FF6 totally did not use my favorites as an example), they do count as separate universes!)

No characters from the Sailor Moon universe are allowed! The only universe not allowed, ironically.

Source: N/A
OOC Thread: You are here xD
RP Thread: http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t14384-multiverserelaxed-dissidia-multiverse
Member to Character List:

Team Cosmos
Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII-2) - Lyssarie
Samus Aran (Metroid) - Sailor Pluto (JupiterThunderCrash)
Angela (Secret of Mana 2) - Light
Papyrus (Undertale) - Cosmos-Hime
Garland Sulzanth (Pathfinder / D&D) - Jasper

Team Chaos
Rocbouquet (Romancing SaGa 2) - Andalusite
Lord Frieza (Dragonball Z) - Sailor Mars (Kai)
Zabuza Momochi (Naruto) - Sailor Pluto (JupiterThunderCrash)
Buggy the Star Clown (One Piece) - Dark Sportsnutd
Sunset Shimmer (My Little Pony) - Brit-chan

This storyline is no longer accepting characters.

~~~

Okay! I went ahead and made an official OOC so we can discuss things in more detail, as well as place official character claims. ^^

I have given some thought to the plot and have more or less of an idea of what I would like to do. I don't want to say much because yay surprises, but I will say that at this point, I have two general ending ideas (a "good" and a "bad" one) and your choices will largely affect which ending you get. So be critical - or as critical as your character is supposed to be!

Also a small disclaimer to anyone wishing to enter with an antagonist - the bad ending is not any kind of "the bad guys actually won, the end" thing. Your character will more than likely be defeated before the finale, so please sign up with the understanding of that!

At this point I have marked the storyline as Relaxed, because I don't want to force people making an Advanced profile for a character they may not have plans to play again. But if everyone ends up entering with Advanced profiles, I could change it xD

Hope to see enough interest! ^^ If you'd like to enter, please tell me which character you'd like to claim, what universe they are from, and if they fight for Cosmos or for Chaos!

If you have any questions or ideas please let me know!

Powers:

Angela:

Samus:

Papyrus:

Lightning:

Garland:

Zabuza:

Rocbouquet:

Frieza:

Buggy:

Sunset Shimmer:

Signatures by Sailor Neptune and Roro

Last edited by Light on 16th July 2017, 8:05 am; edited 43 times in total
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   29th November 2016, 8:23 am

I have a question! Since Dissidia is a fighting game would we need to create attacks similar to game (or if you're rping a character that is actually already in it, would we just use theirs) and then add them in the profile for our character? Ex: Would we need to create an EX Mode for instance?

I was once in a Dissidia AU and we were required to do all this so I just wanted to double check. Smile

I'll be claiming Rinoa Heartilly and she'll be fighting for Cosmos.

The wolf-sister to Diana. ♥ The Marsmellow: very crispy, much burnt.
Back to top Go down
http://tifa.co.vu/
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   29th November 2016, 8:30 am

Any battles within the storyline will not follow the battle system of Dissidia. So as far as profiles go, you should simply add the powers and techniques they were able to use in their original universe.

Rinoa is from FFVIII, correct? Will add her in ^^

Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   29th November 2016, 8:33 am

Sounds great to me! And yes, Rinoa is from FFVIII. tfw you leave out things b/c you're too excited >.>

The wolf-sister to Diana. ♥ The Marsmellow: very crispy, much burnt.
Back to top Go down
http://tifa.co.vu/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   29th November 2016, 9:10 am

This is so awesome! I've been waiting and waiting to do a FF RP! 

I would like to claim Claire 'Lightning' Farron from XIII-2 (in case Caius is brought in) and she will be fighting for Cosmos.

Siggie by Princess Moon    Diana's Munchkin    Sailor Mercury's BrainTwin    Mentor of Princess Moon, LadyNeptune, and mercury_viola_rhapsody   
 Trying to be the light in this broken world we call home. 
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   29th November 2016, 9:18 am

Added! ^^

I already mentioned it at the Discord chat but just to make sure everyone knows, anyone can feel free to enter with a character from any universe (except Sailor Moon), not necessarily Final Fantasy Smile

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   29th November 2016, 2:54 pm

I am excite :>>>>>>

Question! If I wanted to enter with my FFXIV character, should I modify her profile to include that (via game storyline for player characters) she's a Warrior of Light for the Goddess to make it jive more with being selected to fight for Cosmos? I.E. should I just go ahead and make her the "official" main character of the FFXIV storyline just for this rp?

Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   29th November 2016, 3:04 pm

How soon were you planning on starting this RP? I'm pretty busy atm, but I would totally be down for an antagonist profile if you don't need them right away.

Banners made by Sailor Mercury, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mars, Sailor Venus, Gemma, StarChild, Tiny Kitten, & me!
Back to top Go down
http://holymoongrinder.tumblr.com/ http://cheerysoundninroren.deviantart.com/
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 2:35 am

@Sailor Uranus wrote:
I am excite :>>>>>>

Question! If I wanted to enter with my FFXIV character, should I modify her profile to include that (via game storyline for player characters) she's a Warrior of Light for the Goddess to make it jive more with being selected to fight for Cosmos? I.E. should I just go ahead and make her the "official" main character of the FFXIV storyline just for this rp?

As long as her moral compass and personality clearly make her a character sided with good, then she's good to go! By that I mean: she doesn't need to be a little angel, nor does she need to be someone who will take orders from Cosmos with no questioning at all. Basically, as long as her heart is in the right place, she's Team Cosmos.

Buuut - while for canon characters, I would say leave them as they are, you don't need to tweak them for this. For an OC, I'd just say up to you - if she's ultimately good, she's okay as she is, but if you'd like to make some tweaks anyway, go for it ^^ That character will be the representative for FFXIV here either way, even if she never were the main character within her own storyline.

@Andalusite wrote:
How soon were you planning on starting this RP? I'm pretty busy atm, but I would totally be down for an antagonist profile if you don't need them right away.

Depends on when most people are ready! I'm looking into having at least 3-5 protagonist profiles approved before starting. A team for Chaos is not actually necessary to start (but would be nice anyway), but I can probably arrange for additional characters to be added in the storyline at a later point too ^^

Back to top Go down
Sailor Pluto
Outer Senshi Admin
Adoptables & OC Admin

Outer Senshi Admin Adoptables & OC Admin

Title : Formerly JupiterThunderCrash

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 7:46 am

I'd like to claim Samus Aran from the Metroid series, fighting for Cosmos. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 8:07 am

Added! I'll also throw myself in the mix as Angela from Secret of Mana 2, Cosmos side.

For protagonists, there are up to three slots left!

Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 9:43 am

@Light wrote:

Depends on when most people are ready! I'm looking into having at least 3-5 protagonist profiles approved before starting. A team for Chaos is not actually necessary to start (but would be nice anyway), but I can probably arrange for additional characters to be added in the storyline at a later point too ^^

In that case, may I claim Venus from SaGa 2 (/FFL2)? She doesn't have too much to work with personality-wise since she's the boss of a single world, but I think it would be fun to build upon her implied character using bits and pieces of information from the game's NPCs and logic! Very Happy

Next question: Do we want classic 1990 Venus or 20th Anniversary redesigned Venus? XD I need help making up my mind. XD
Classic:

Revamp:

Banners made by Sailor Mercury, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mars, Sailor Venus, Gemma, StarChild, Tiny Kitten, & me!
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 11:16 am

Added!

Just a note about the time your character gets summoned from - as far as good guys go, they can come from any point from their timeline, but they have not yet defeated the main villain of their storyline. Bad guys, they have not been defeated (for good) and/or killed yet - no resurrection has been involved in their summoning. So their knowledge/memories, if they come to discussion at all within the story, need to reflect this.

In short, all characters are summoned from the middle of their story, more or less. More to the beginning or closer to the end, that's up to you!

@Andalusite - I really like the first one, personally! But I also do like how the second one is rather more unique, the first being I guess more stereotypically beautiful.

Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 12:58 pm

@Light wrote:
@Andalusite - I really like the first one, personally! But I also do like how the second one is rather more unique, the first being I guess more stereotypically beautiful.
Lol! That's exactly why I'm having trouble deciding! I love her original design, but I also like how her updated appearance makes her seem a bit snobbier, while presenting her beauty as kind of...questionable? XD Idk, maybe it's just me, but that new design makes her seem more like a hypocrite whenever she's all, "BLAHBLAHBLAH EVERYBODY ELSE IS TOO UGLY BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH. ONLY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED IN MY CITY."

More questions:
1. Since we're using relaxed profiles for this, did you want us to add an additional emphasis on abilities/attacks/powers so that we all have them as a reference?

2. Do you have a preference as to how I take Venus' OP 1HKO spell Erase (/Death) and somehow make it so that it is less OP to characters outside of FFL2? The name itself already hints at how OP it could be, and you already said no killing characters. lmao

3. Are the characters allowed to keep the immunities (e.g. can't be hurt by fire spells) they have in their respective games/worlds?

Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 2:15 pm

@Andalusite wrote:

More questions:
1. Since we're using relaxed profiles for this, did you want us to add an additional emphasis on abilities/attacks/powers so that we all have them as a reference?

2. Do you have a preference as to how I take Venus' OP 1HKO spell Erase (/Death) and somehow make it so that it is less OP to characters outside of FFL2? The name itself already hints at how OP it could be, and you already said no killing characters. lmao

3. Are the characters allowed to keep the immunities (e.g. can't be hurt by fire spells) they have in their respective games/worlds?
Things aren't final, but this is what I'm thinking so far:

1. Emphasis on abilities/powers would be good! For the record, just so everyone has an easier quick reference to player abilities, I will probably ask everyone to pick around up to 6 powers/spells that they will be able to use (and provide a short description), sort of like "equipped spells". The character totally knows everything they should from their universe, but they will simply end up using those. Switching would be allowed (outside battles) to add different ones to the pre-selected six.

2. I still need to decide how the battles will take place - either simple RP and have players decide effects, or poke Kyra for permission/help to incorporate a simpler version of dice-and-stats she uses for her HC events (in that case, spells like these would probably have a rather low accuracy).

3. Yes yes absolutely yes! Elemental weaknesses, strengths and immunities will likely come into play!

Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 3:06 pm

Sounds good so far O:

@Light wrote:
3. Yes yes absolutely yes! Elemental weaknesses, strengths and immunities will likely come into play!

So in FFL, the immunities take up an equip slot...Should I keep that logic as is? If I do, it would give her exactly 6 abilities. XD

Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 3:37 pm

Who put the Edit Post button next to the Quote Post button sorry if something is wrong with your post ;_;

@Andalusite wrote:
So in FFL, the immunities take up an equip slot...Should I keep that logic as is? If I do, it would give her exactly 6 abilities. XD

Hmm I'm not entirely sure how that game mechanics work, does the character choose an immunity, or cast a spell to create an immunity, or...?

I'm more used to innate immunities, like "this is a lava monster, so obviously fire magic will heal it and water magic will destroy it, it's a given" (well, even with less obvious cases), so trying to make sure I get how it works xD

Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 4:05 pm

@Light wrote:
Who put the Edit Post button next to the Quote Post button sorry if something is wrong with your post ;_;
LOL No worries!

@Light wrote:

Hmm I'm not entirely sure how that game mechanics work, does the character choose an immunity, or cast a spell to create an immunity, or...?

I'm more used to innate immunities, like "this is a lava monster, so obviously fire magic will heal it and water magic will destroy it, it's a given" (well, even with less obvious cases), so trying to make sure I get how it works xD

Hmm... I'd say its all of the above. XD For example, characters from the esper/mutant class gain and/or lose immunities naturally as they grow. Monsters have natural immunities/weaknesses too. But characters can also gain immunity to certain elements with armor, or these ancient relics of the gods called magi. Oh and they can get turn-based immunity with some shields and some attacks/spells. In Venus' case, I'd think it would be from possessing so many relics since she's a goddess, but in the game, player characters can only equip one at a time. I just looked up a quick video of the fight and she drops 8 of them--four of which correspond to the immunities covered by her passive skill "O-Damage." O.o lmao So I'm not sure if I should argue that "O-Damage" is just a natural passive ability or the result of her greedily gathering so many relics together at once. XD

Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 4:19 pm

Hmm okay. Well, the 6 "pre-equipped" spells is not about literal equipment - the character knows everything, I just want players to focus on 6 so that other players know better what they're up against. So as far as immunities go, whether they are innate or based on relics she holds, I'd say have her be exactly as she was in her boss battle. Is she immune to all elementals? So be it. There still is lots of non-elemental magic available (and there's also traditional slicing and dicing~)

I hope that helps! Let me know if you need to clarify more on this ^^

Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   30th November 2016, 4:25 pm

Perfect! I think I'm set now! Thank you very much! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sailor Pluto
Outer Senshi Admin
Adoptables & OC Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   1st December 2016, 7:26 am

I've got my approved profile Here if you wanted to add the link to the first post ^^
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   1st December 2016, 8:42 am

Added, thanks!

Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   5th December 2016, 5:34 pm

Okay everyone! I would like to get this started by mid-December and throw it in for the revisited November challenge! (and possibly AUgust too, I think it works)

Characters will still be able to join after we start (I have already thought of how they will be introduced), so no worries if someone is unable to join right now! But for everyone who'd like to start together, hope you have time to get those profiles approved by then!

@Everyone, when you have some time (though it is not urgent and can wait until after we have started), I would like you to pick 6 powers that your character will generally use. One should be a basic physical attack (unless your character never physically attacks), one should be an ultimate technique, and four regular ones (spells? sword techniques? whatever your character does!) You will be allowed to replace some if you want during the RP.

Also, please make sure to list elemental strengths if your powers carry some!

As an example, here are mine for Angela.

Powers:

Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   5th December 2016, 7:46 pm

Putting the powers in the profile is a given, but did you also want them posted to the OOC thread? I already put in my RP LOA, but if I get some time I could at least throw up the powers in case you need to figure out how to incorporate them into the RP.

Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   6th December 2016, 1:34 am

A profile could be more analytical, listing all the powers the character is supposed to have, so yes I'd like the chosen 6 posted here Smile However no need to rush, up to you - I mostly want them so that we all have an idea of what we will see in a battle, but it will not really affect things much, so you can feel free to post them once you are ready to join!

Back to top Go down
Sailor Pluto
Outer Senshi Admin
Adoptables & OC Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   6th December 2016, 2:35 am

Samus's Abilities:

Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   6th December 2016, 12:21 pm

Quick question, are characters with no particular magical abilities allowed? If not, I can just choose a different character to play.

I'll claim papyrus from undertale, and link you to the profile once it's completed. He'll be fighting for cosmos.

GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   6th December 2016, 1:29 pm

@Light wrote:
A profile could be more analytical, listing all the powers the character is supposed to have, so yes I'd like the chosen 6 posted here Smile However no need to rush, up to you - I mostly want them so that we all have an idea of what we will see in a battle, but it will not really affect things much, so you can feel free to post them once you are ready to join!
If I get bored of working on my essays later this evening which is highly likely XD XD XD, I'll throw something together before I go to bed.

Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   6th December 2016, 2:25 pm

Yaaaay Papyrus! Omg is he gonna be so much more confused than everyone or what xD

Just think of how you would have him act in a battle, characters with no magic are perfectly fine! He can totally use his fabled blue attack after all.

Edit: Providing the storyline has been approved by then, I am setting the official beginning of the storyline on December 12 (Monday), to give the weekend for anyone else who wishes to make a profile and join us from the start! (But as I said already, no worries if someone wishes to join later!)

Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC   6th December 2016, 4:09 pm

Oh he'll probably be forced to do more then the blue attack, (much to his concern. Poor baby is a rather gentle soul, after all.)

But yay! Glad you like it! I'll update my first post with the link to the profile.

GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/

[Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse OOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Silver Millennium :: Planning Forum :: OOC and Discussion Forum :: Multiverse OOC-