HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Star Seeker
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : Male Sailor Senshi
Posts : 58
Join date : 2012-08-23
Age : 23
Location : Conway, SC


PostSubject: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   25th August 2012, 8:29 pm

Which couple do you guys prefer more? I personally like MichiruXHaruka more then the latter because they have such a good relationship and since not as much is shown compared to MamoruXUsagi they have interested me a lot more. Plus my favorite solar system senshi is Uranus. I love women like her, they are strong and have admirable personalities. So if you guys would like to give me your opinion, because I would love to hear them.

___________________________

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   25th August 2012, 9:39 pm

Hey dear ^^

Just a couple of things. Can you add debate to your title? I just wanted to let you know that I changed your title to include 'Debate'. Also, I changed your red text title to black. I hope you'll be alright with that. We tend to save the red fonts for big announcements. Please reference the rules (http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t39-coc-and-rules) for further information. If you're ever unsure too, please feel free to shoot me a PM so I can help you out Very Happy

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe


Last edited by Lady Tuxedo on 26th August 2012, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
whitehexe
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Posts : 336
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Japan


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   25th August 2012, 11:01 pm

As for the debate, Mamo & Usa will always have a special place as a couple for me - I have loved them both since I was little! So to me they are #1 not just in Sailor Moon but in ALL the fandoms I follow.
I think part of that is the idealist in me though, as their relationship seems to be 'the ideal' or 'storybook' like. Then again, I also love hearing/reading fanfiction and fan ideas where they go through serious issues so not sure if thats completely it. To be honest I'm not sure why 100% why I love them as a couple, I just always have and probably always will.
But, I still love Haruka & Michiru as a couple as well. While they arn't on the same level as Usa&mamo for me, they are my 2nd favorite couple (both cannon and non-cannon) from Sailor Moon. I can totally see why people would be drawn to them though, especially in this era when a lot of gay activism is taking center stage. Naoko-san may not have meant them to be a symbol of that, but there is no arguing that that HAVE become one.

___________________________

If we can't find the light of Hope, we can't seal Chaos
Sigi's by Sailor Saturn, Tsuki-no-Kagayaki, radicaledward124, Marianne, Princess Moon, minalover; Avi by Neo Queen Serenity
Back to top Go down
http://whitehexe.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/WhiteHexe/ http://whitehexe.blogspot.ca/
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^
Posts : 2757
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 23
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   26th August 2012, 11:05 am

MamoxUsa for me too, just because they are so much like my boyfriend and me. I'm so much like Usagi first of all, and as cheesy as this sounds, I believe we were created and fated to be together. My boyfriend also gave me a ring before leaving studying abroad so that scene was like directly related hahah

___________________________


m o d    o f    GALAXY LOUNGE  &  GALAXY BROADCASTS   | |       o f f i c i a l    USAGI    o f   t h e   f o r u m s
avi by lust <3
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.twitter.com/brrrandiZZLe http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Sailor Star Seeker
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : Male Sailor Senshi
Posts : 58
Join date : 2012-08-23
Age : 23
Location : Conway, SC


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   26th August 2012, 11:46 am

Well I can see your point of views lol.

___________________________

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   26th August 2012, 12:26 pm

I'll mix it up some.

I ship Haruka and Michiru more than I do Usagi and Mamoru. Why? Well...because Usagi and Mamoru is very stereotypical. Haruka and Michiru are not. I tend to ship same sex relationships more than I do straight relationships because same sex isn't typical. Everywhere you turn; in fiction, in real life, it's straight couples everywhere. And in fiction for sure, it's always sealed in stone that the cute, silly, weird, pretty girl gets the guy and they'll always be together.

Do I hate Usagi and Mamoru? No. I do love them, but they aren't my favorite.

Besides the fact that they're not a typical couple, I love watching the interactions between Haruka and Michiru, the way they talk to each other, the way they work together, the way they compliment and support each other, like true soul mates. They are so adorable and well, in my book, perfect. Yes, Usagi and Mamoru are soul mates, but I see more soul mate compatibility and complimentary actions between Haruka and Michiru than I do Usagi and Mamoru.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^
Posts : 2757
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 23
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   27th August 2012, 7:50 am

The ending of the story with Michiru and Haruka was amazing, but I just get annoyed with the writers of the anime during Stars because it was like, now we can make them say whatever we want let's just give them random romantic/inappropriate lines just because we can. It doesn't bother me because they're having romantic lines, it just bothers me because the dialogue is really unnatural and doesn't fit in with whatever is going on at the time. They could have shown HarukaxMichiru's romance a lot better without showing it off awkwardly the way they did.

Like the classic:




...What?? Maybe it's just the translation, but to me that barely even makes sense and I just never would have thought to say that.

The dialogue with the whole "Haruka doesn't like... popular... boys" thing cracked me up but a lot of it just makes it obvious that the writers were doing absolutely everything they could get away with no matter how unnecessary.

___________________________


m o d    o f    GALAXY LOUNGE  &  GALAXY BROADCASTS   | |       o f f i c i a l    USAGI    o f   t h e   f o r u m s
avi by lust <3


Last edited by brrrandiZZLe on 27th August 2012, 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.twitter.com/brrrandiZZLe http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   27th August 2012, 8:05 am

I kind of get sick of seeing the usagi and mamo hype all over the net, but they are a classic. I really do love Michiru though being my second favorite senshi and such. I think their relationship is nice even though I am not into yuri or yaori (hope I said it right) realtionships. I do think making them cousins was stupid though.

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   27th August 2012, 12:12 pm

Where the hype of Mamoru and Usagi? I believe that this ship is in minority...

Now, for me this is definitely one of my favourites. I love their development and learning to be together

Haruka and Michiru were shown less and therefore seemed more static as a couple...

How the "cousins" idea worked in the flashback of their meeting? They discovered common great-grandmother?

@brrrandiZZLe wrote:
It doesn't bother me because they're having romantic lines, it just bothers me because the dialogue is really unnatural and doesn't fit in with whatever is going on at the time. They could have shown HarukaxMichiru's romance a lot better without showing it off awkwardly the way they did.

Yes, I have had similar impression, especially in the scene you quoted.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   27th August 2012, 1:21 pm

Usagi and Mamoru obviously got the front seat because Usagi is the main character. Haruka and Michiru are not main characters. Their relationship isn't even important to the story. So, Naoko didn't feel the need to expand on it. But, what we did get, I, along with others, do love. So yeah.

Btw, Haruka and Michiru's dialogue isn't unnatural o_O it's how they talk. I'm sure there are people like them that flirt like they do. They're portrayed as elegant, mature, intelligent, etc. so naturally the way they talk to each other reflects that. I hang out with nerdy people that are super smart. Sometimes things they say isn't what you'd normally hear out of 20 year olds, but that doesn't make it unnatural. That's just how they are.

The screencaps added to this thread for Haruka and Michiru fit just fine. Michiru is holding onto Haruka for dear life so she doesn't fall. To lighten the tension, Michiru playfully tells Haruka to stop eating sweets (saying she's heavy) and Haruka said she doesn't listen to that kind of talk outside of bed (and you should get what that means). So it fits just fine o_O

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   28th August 2012, 12:20 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Usagi and Mamoru obviously got the front seat because Usagi is the main character. Haruka and Michiru are not main characters. Their relationship isn't even important to the story. So, Naoko didn't feel the need to expand on it. But, what we did get, I, along with others, do love. So yeah.

Btw, Haruka and Michiru's dialogue isn't unnatural o_O it's how they talk. I'm sure there are people like them that flirt like they do. They're portrayed as elegant, mature, intelligent, etc. so naturally the way they talk to each other reflects that. I hang out with nerdy people that are super smart. Sometimes things they say isn't what you'd normally hear out of 20 year olds, but that doesn't make it unnatural. That's just how they are.

The screencaps added to this thread for Haruka and Michiru fit just fine. Michiru is holding onto Haruka for dear life so she doesn't fall. To lighten the tension, Michiru playfully tells Haruka to stop eating sweets (saying she's heavy) and Haruka said she doesn't listen to that kind of talk outside of bed (and you should get what that means). So it fits just fine o_O

I completely agree with you Tuxie! Even though we don't have many romantic moments of Haruka and Michiru, for me their love is so much more powerful and deep than any others'. They're true soul mates for me and share everything with each other, life, fighting and death. When Haruka said she'd sell her soul to the devil if she could just be with Michiru and when Michiru said she can endure everything if she just have Haruka with her, even being burned by the flames of hell were two most romantic and sweet scenes in the whole series.

And I LOVE how they talk to each other and interact and how they both flirt to each other teasingly. Tuxie said: They're portrayed as elegant, mature, intelligent, etc. so naturally the way they talk to each other reflects that. This. I don't see anything unnatural in the way they speak to each other. They're much more mature than Usagi and Mamoru together and are almost adults. (which they mentally are)If you know your lover completely and trust on her/him in all situations I'm sure some people would speak like that. Besides, these two girls sure know what flirting is and how to take the fun of it.

And about the screencaps; I don't see those as awkward or inappropriate at all. If I were Michiru holding her not letting her fall I'd say the same as she. And if I were Haruka I wouldn't say anything like "Sorry I'm too heavy" but just what she said. You may notice that even in this situation they trust each other and can tease each other hence they KNOW that Haruka won't fall and that Michiru holds her for her death so yeah, I personally love that scene.

My OTP talk is over. for now

___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 864
Join date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   29th August 2012, 10:39 pm

Count me in on someone else who loves Haruka x Michiru. As a gay man, it always meant a lot to me that Sailor Moon had such openly gay characters in main storyline roles. It seems like while gay characters have become more commonplace in recent years, gay characters in American entertainment are still always portrayed as minor characters in the show for comic relief or if they actually have a storyline, it's always portrayed with the same cliched themes. Even in American comic books targeted at older audiences, gay characters like Northstar are still regulated to supporting roles and it's only been this year we finally got a lead American comic book character come out as gay with the revelation about the Green Lantern. Though even with the Green Lantern, there's still this loop hole that there are multiple versions of the Green Lantern that allow the comic book industry to work around his sexuality if they wanted to. Sailor Moon was different by having openly lesbian Sailor Soldiers who's sexuality remained consistent in all the different version of the series. It's this consistency that's why I love Haruka x Michiru so much.

With Usagi x Mamoru, I only like their relationship in some incarnations more than others whereas Haruka and Michiru I love their relationship across the board. I think what appeals to me most about their relationship is how much trust Haruka and Michiru have for each other. Trust is probably one of the most important essential elements to any successful relationship. Usagi and Mamoru only seem to trust each other fully in some of the versions of Sailor Moon but Haruka and Michiru have this undying trust for each other in all the versions. Haruka and MIchiru have so much trust in each other and their cause that they're willing to sacrifice themselves constantly throughout the series without a second thought. They always move in this constant perfect sync with each other and even when they
Spoiler:
 
in the Stars finale, they still have so much trust that what they're doing will turn out for the best. On the subject of Haruka and Michiru making pervy jokes, I don't think it's inappropriate or unnatural for the dialog in those scenes because Stars in general seems to be targeted at an older audience than the first four seasons and Stars makes all sorts of perverted jokes for the straight characters as much as they do for the lesbian characters. I love the pervy jokes because they help break the tension and keep the series from becoming too melodramatic and Sailor Moon has always had that kind of silly side to the fight scenes to it.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 4565
Join date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   29th August 2012, 10:41 pm

personally im in the mamusa boat. not that i dont love haruka and michiru (they come second). its just i can't quite seem to replace our miracle romance couple in my heart XD

___________________________


Voluntarily Deactivated Account!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   29th August 2012, 10:42 pm

@Neon Genesis wrote:
Count me in on someone else who loves Haruka x Michiru. As a gay man, it always meant a lot to me that Sailor Moon had such openly gay characters in main storyline roles. It seems like while gay characters have become more commonplace in recent years, gay characters in American entertainment are still always portrayed as minor characters in the show for comic relief or if they actually have a storyline, it's always portrayed with the same cliched themes. Even in American comic books targeted at older audiences, gay characters like Northstar are still regulated to supporting roles and it's only been this year we finally got a lead American comic book character come out as gay with the revelation about the Green Lantern. Though even with the Green Lantern, there's still this loop hole that there are multiple versions of the Green Lantern that allow the comic book industry to work around his sexuality if they wanted to. Sailor Moon was different by having openly lesbian Sailor Soldiers who's sexuality remained consistent in all the different version of the series. It's this consistency that's why I love Haruka x Michiru so much.

With Usagi x Mamoru, I only like their relationship in some incarnations more than others whereas Haruka and Michiru I love their relationship across the board. I think what appeals to me most about their relationship is how much trust Haruka and Michiru have for each other. Trust is probably one of the most important essential elements to any successful relationship. Usagi and Mamoru only seem to trust each other fully in some of the versions of Sailor Moon but Haruka and Michiru have this undying trust for each other in all the versions. Haruka and MIchiru have so much trust in each other and their cause that they're willing to sacrifice themselves constantly throughout the series without a second thought. They always move in this constant perfect sync with each other and even when they
Spoiler:
 
in the Stars finale, they still have so much trust that what they're doing will turn out for the best. On the subject of Haruka and Michiru making pervy jokes, I don't think it's inappropriate or unnatural for the dialog in those scenes because Stars in general seems to be targeted at an older audience than the first four seasons and Stars makes all sorts of perverted jokes for the straight characters as much as they do for the lesbian characters. I love the pervy jokes because they help break the tension and keep the series from becoming too melodramatic and Sailor Moon has always had that kind of silly side to the fight scenes to it.

Cheers This. Just this. Bravo.

Too bad this isn't a poll thread.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   29th August 2012, 11:13 pm

I'm quoting Tuxie again ! Awesome points Neon Genesis!

UsaMamo fans please don't kill me when I say this:

The trust Haruka and Michiru is limitless and so is their love. Their trust is even more than just trust; they know what the other thinks without telling it. They understand each other completely without a single word.

Spoiler:
 

___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 4565
Join date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   29th August 2012, 11:22 pm

Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
I'm quoting Tuxie again ! Awesome points Neon Genesis!

UsaMamo fans please don't kill me when I say this:

The trust Haruka and Michiru is limitless and so is their love. Their trust is even more than just trust; they know what the other thinks without telling it. They understand each other completely without a single word.

Spoiler:
 

I do guess it depends on the version as well, in the case of the anime, its entirely possible Haruka and Michiru were not "officially" together, and their relationship was "on-hold" during their battle against the Death Busters. We were never really told the true nature of their relationship other than they hold romantic attachment for one another. I was actually under this impression, that they, although in love with each other, did not want to pursue a formal relationship while the fate of the world was in their hands, however when they left Tokyo, they seemed to open up about it alot more. In the musicals, however, when Michiru was turned into a vampire, Haruka was actually prepared to kill her, had it not been for Usagi's intervention. However, in the next show, when Haruka was turned into a vampire (and had agreed with Michiru that Michiru would have to eventually kill Haruka), Michiru tried to, but couldn't kill Haruka, Setsuna eventually had to step in and do so. As Haruka died, she did not even mention or look at Michiru at all while Michiru started screaming. When Mamoru was turned into a vampire, Usagi refused to hurt him at all. ~yay myu~

___________________________


Voluntarily Deactivated Account!
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   29th August 2012, 11:32 pm

Miki wrote:
Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
I'm quoting Tuxie again ! Awesome points Neon Genesis!

UsaMamo fans please don't kill me when I say this:

The trust Haruka and Michiru is limitless and so is their love. Their trust is even more than just trust; they know what the other thinks without telling it. They understand each other completely without a single word.

Spoiler:
 

I do guess it depends on the version as well, in the case of the anime, its entirely possible Haruka and Michiru were not "officially" together, and their relationship was "on-hold" during their battle against the Death Busters. We were never really told the true nature of their relationship other than they hold romantic attachment for one another. I was actually under this impression, that they, although in love with each other, did not want to pursue a formal relationship while the fate of the world was in their hands, however when they left Tokyo, they seemed to open up about it alot more. In the musicals, however, when Michiru was turned into a vampire, Haruka was actually prepared to kill her, had it not been for Usagi's intervention. However, in the next show, when Haruka was turned into a vampire (and had agreed with Michiru that Michiru would have to eventually kill Haruka), Michiru tried to, but couldn't kill Haruka, Setsuna eventually had to step in and do so. As Haruka died, she did not even mention or look at Michiru at all while Michiru started screaming. When Mamoru was turned into a vampire, Usagi refused to hurt him at all. ~yay myu~

It does. But if we're talking about the manga I'm sure they were 'officially' together and in the Stars anime we clearly see that their relationship wasn't on-hold what it could've been in the beginning of Super. And yay myu~
Spoiler:
 

___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 4565
Join date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   29th August 2012, 11:41 pm

Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
Miki wrote:
Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
I'm quoting Tuxie again ! Awesome points Neon Genesis!

UsaMamo fans please don't kill me when I say this:

The trust Haruka and Michiru is limitless and so is their love. Their trust is even more than just trust; they know what the other thinks without telling it. They understand each other completely without a single word.

Spoiler:
 

I do guess it depends on the version as well, in the case of the anime, its entirely possible Haruka and Michiru were not "officially" together, and their relationship was "on-hold" during their battle against the Death Busters. We were never really told the true nature of their relationship other than they hold romantic attachment for one another. I was actually under this impression, that they, although in love with each other, did not want to pursue a formal relationship while the fate of the world was in their hands, however when they left Tokyo, they seemed to open up about it alot more. In the musicals, however, when Michiru was turned into a vampire, Haruka was actually prepared to kill her, had it not been for Usagi's intervention. However, in the next show, when Haruka was turned into a vampire (and had agreed with Michiru that Michiru would have to eventually kill Haruka), Michiru tried to, but couldn't kill Haruka, Setsuna eventually had to step in and do so. As Haruka died, she did not even mention or look at Michiru at all while Michiru started screaming. When Mamoru was turned into a vampire, Usagi refused to hurt him at all. ~yay myu~

It does. But if we're talking about the manga I'm sure they were 'officially' together and in the Stars anime we clearly see that their relationship wasn't on-hold what it could've been in the beginning of Super. And yay myu~
Spoiler:
 

Yup, I agree, Haruka and Michiru are most definitely in a relationship post S but its a bit murky during the actual season. So *shrugs* I can see their relationship as strong, but I can't see it as any stronger than Usa and Mamoru, simply because we don't see what goes on very much when they're alone together, which is where it really counts, rather than their public image that they show off.

___________________________


Voluntarily Deactivated Account!
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   29th August 2012, 11:53 pm

Miki wrote:
Yup, I agree, Haruka and Michiru are most definitely in a relationship post S but its a bit murky during the actual season. So *shrugs* I can see their relationship as strong, but I can't see it as any stronger than Usa and Mamoru, simply because we don't see what goes on very much when they're alone together, which is where it really counts, rather than their public image that they show off.

I feel Haruka's and Michiru's love is much stronger than Usagi's and Mamoru's even though we only see them holding hands XD. I'd love to see the story focus more on them but still without any kiss scene etc. their love story just touched me deeper than any other story thus far. Have you listened to their Super prologues and poems? And what about their image songs? I have to say when I first heard their prologues and poems I was deeply touched. I think those show the depth of their love which the anime didn't show so much.

___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 864
Join date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 1:00 am

I don't think it's so much that Haruka and Michiru put their relationship "on hold" during S as it is that as I mentioned earlier, Stars seems to have been made for a slightly older more mature audience than the first four seasons as the fans have grown up with the series. Perhaps since Haruka and Michiru were one of the first openly lesbian characters in a children's cartoon, Toei wanted to test the waters in S and later felt more brave to explore their relationship further in Stars. Stars in general seems to show a lot more mature content and themes than the previous seasons did, such as all the nudity that appeared in the last episode and the whole gender bending aspect. Another one of my favorite Haruka and Michiru moments is in the Supers movie where Michiru comments about how there's so much more "fun" things to do as adults. ^^;; I personally would like to see a kissing scene between Haruka and Michiru in the new anime if only because it seems like open affections between same sex couples in media is so rare, especially in animation.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 4565
Join date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 1:02 am

yes i have heard those, X3 as this site's song game manager, i'd like to say, i have definitely heard all their songs and poems. But there's also myu and pgsm. Myu which has a very large number of songs that deal with their relationship (Usagi Love Magic, Double Moonlight Romance, Mitsumeteiteyo just to name a few) while Haruka and Michiru have one single one (DESTINED COUPLE - which actually is more about Haruka's need to be supported by Michiru rather than Michiru needing to be supported by Haruka). As for PGSM, Usagi and Mamoru's love conquers everything... in fact isn't the very fact that Usagi and Mamoru's love spans three entire eras (there are small implications that there are even more in between the Silver Millennium, Present Tokyo and Crystal Tokyo) shows some pretty strong bond, while we are not really shown much of Haruka and Michiru and the romance is more built up in our minds rather than being presented with evidence. Thats how I feel anyway. Don't get me wrong, I really do love Haruka x. Michiru, but I just feel that nothing can beat Mamoru x. Usagi. Michiru and Haruka's relationship has never really suffered the same lengths of jeopardy that Usagi and Mamoru have, so its a bit difficult to compare at times. Yay for all the relationships

___________________________


Voluntarily Deactivated Account!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 4565
Join date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 1:10 am

@Neon Genesis wrote:
I don't think it's so much that Haruka and Michiru put their relationship "on hold" during S as it is that as I mentioned earlier, Stars seems to have been made for a slightly older more mature audience than the first four seasons as the fans have grown up with the series. Perhaps since Haruka and Michiru were one of the first openly lesbian characters in a children's cartoon, Toei wanted to test the waters in S and later felt more brave to explore their relationship further in Stars. Stars in general seems to show a lot more mature content and themes than the previous seasons did, such as all the nudity that appeared in the last episode and the whole gender bending aspect. Another one of my favorite Haruka and Michiru moments is in the Supers movie where Michiru comments about how there's so much more "fun" things to do as adults. ^^;; I personally would like to see a kissing scene between Haruka and Michiru in the new anime if only because it seems like open affections between same sex couples in media is so rare, especially in animation.

I think it would depend on the target audience for the new anime. I mean PGSM barely liked showing Mamoru and Usagi kiss on screen. As for Michiru and Haruka in Stars, I must admit I was a bit disappointed in how it was handled, it was sometimes a bit forced like. "Oh Usagi is doing things SUDDENLY HARUKA MICHIRU. *insert something fun and adult here* - Haruka and Michiru have to go home now.* I really really hope their relationship is a bit more natural in the new anime, it was well done i think in S, but a little forced in Stars... though most things in Stars feel forced anyway (if it actually includes them, depending on how long the series runs for... hopefully it will go through all the arcs and maybe even a bit more), I'm just not too keen on detracting too much attention from Usagi (hello Chibiusa in SuperS, I don't hate you, but you're NOT the main character. It is not Sailor Chibimoon SuperS and Three Lights, the fifth series is NOT called Sailor Starlights). I think, what was even worse than the *lets just push Haruka and Michiru into guest characters* was *hey. lets remove Setsuna and Hotaru from the storyline completely and return them only for them to die~ everyone is sure to love that*

We need more Haruka-Michiru-Setsuna-Hotaru-Happy-Family-Playtime-Episodes

___________________________


Voluntarily Deactivated Account!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 4565
Join date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 1:19 am

anywho imma stop now, because i think it sounds like im arguing when im really not trying to XD im just very loud.

In short:

PRO ALL TEH CANON RELATIONSHIPS
its just Usagi is the original and I'm too uptight to put anything before her

Here's Haruka and Michiru's first on-stage kiss. Nao Takagi and Yuuka Asami, on the Summer 1999 Show's Final Day (The Legend of Kaguya Island (Revision) - Summer Vacation! The Jewel Excavation Team). Oddly enough it was their first show together and they became the longest running and most beloved of all NeptuneUranus couples.


___________________________


Voluntarily Deactivated Account!
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 1:49 am

Miki wrote:
anywho imma stop now, because i think it sounds like im arguing when im really not trying to XD im just very loud.

In short:

PRO ALL TEH CANON RELATIONSHIPS
its just Usagi is the original and I'm too uptight to put anything before her

Here's Haruka and Michiru's first on-stage kiss. Nao Takagi and Yuuka Asami, on the Summer 1999 Show's Final Day (The Legend of Kaguya Island (Revision) - Summer Vacation! The Jewel Excavation Team). Oddly enough it was their first show together and they became the longest running and most beloved of all NeptuneUranus couples.


OMG !!! I just fainted you know !? And I LOVE Destined Couple so much <3!

I understand your feelings. It's just that for me those little moments Haruka and Michiru got are everything XD. Their love (which we see) is more mental than physical and we hear and see their love through their words and actions.

Neon Genesis- I believe they didn't put their relationship 'on-hold' but as we hear them say they had no time for love because of the approaching Silence and they had to fulfill their mission so their focus wasn't only on the other but also on their duty. I think they were more like themselves in Stars since their 'official' mission was over (before they properly joined in the battle again).

Miki- I agree^^ we need more outers-as-a-family episodes^^

___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 864
Join date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 1:33 pm

OMG, that scene is so cute! 1:07 in this video is still one of my favorite moments in the anime:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 1:41 pm

@Neon Genesis wrote:
OMG, that scene is so cute! 1:07 in this video is still one of my favorite moments in the anime:
Spoiler:
 

You've see those famous videos, too? That scene was so cute and I love Usagi's face when they walk away.

___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 2:17 pm

Miki, you're cool for keeping it civil and showing love for all the canon relationships. Thanks Very Happy I know sometimes we all get heated, including myself.

But definitely still Haruka x Michiru. YOLO!

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 2:29 pm

YOLO ! (May I guess Haruka and Michiru are your OTP, too Tuxie^^?)
And they don't need any kissing or hugging scene to show their true love (but I'd love to see them kissing !)

___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 2:37 pm

Yes, Haruka and Michiru are my Sailor Moon OTP/yuri OTP lol Smile I just love them so much XD and I believe in them so much more than I can in Usagi x Mamoru (but I do still love them, don't get me wrong Razz)

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   30th August 2012, 2:53 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Yes, Haruka and Michiru are my Sailor Moon OTP/yuri OTP lol Smile I just love them so much XD and I believe in them so much more than I can in Usagi x Mamoru (but I do still love them, don't get me wrong Razz)

We're the same then Smile I love them too but for me Haruka and Michiru just win over them 100 surely <3 have you heard their poems and dialogues? If you haven't you must ^^! They're so sweet<3

___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
 

Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Theories, Debates and Headcanons-