Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 1:12 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Usagi and Mamoru did manage to communicate at the distance during SuperS finale. So they are a whole higher level of Soul Mates.

Where? Evidence pl0x? ^^ cause he was laying in bed. That's it. Nothing else. They didn't have any communication as far as I remember. She went into battle and that was that.

I will say this though. I feel like Usagi goes through way more stretches for Mamoru than he has for her. Yes, in things such as the R movie, he got stabbed on her behalf, but then she had to go save him. She walked through snow and thorns for him at the beginning of Stars but there's not very many instances where you see him go through leaps and bounds for her. I suppose this could be due to the fact that Usagi is the central character and some elements of female empowerment (role reversal), but you still see her doing more for him. Her doing more for him =/= a reciprocated soul mate connection. As I say, yes, Usagi and Mamoru are soul mates, obviously. But, we see the evidence in the smaller pieces of Haruka and Michiru of a really strong, soul mate-y connection. Theirs, to me and others, is just so strong.

If you want to get down to it, both couples demonstrate their love in a different way. But the mature language between Haruka and Michiru, the easiness of them being able to understand each other with just a look, needing to be together (especially in literal form) to be their absolute best (and no Usagi does not need Mamoru there as Tuxedo Mask to be her absolute best in battle), the level of understanding they have (they're on the same level, the same wave length), their similarities/compatibility/chemistry, their maturity as a whole...that's what gets like me, Tsuki, probably Neon, and Verdandi. That is what we see. We see an elegant, beautiful, soul mate, completing love between these two women that is just so amazing. When I (and I'm sure so many others) think Haruka and Michiru/Uranus and Neptune, they really do think "soul mates". They don't just think "oh lesbian couple", they think soul mates. Probably as fast, if not faster, than they do with Usagi and Mamoru.

Perhaps this is only pertaining to the anime? Because in the manga the two of them equally share Mamoru's burden - an equality that we usually see more in Haruka and Michiru - but in the manga, Usagi and Mamoru share in this. From visiting Mamoru (and being connected to him, I feel), Usagi too becomes infected, unlike anyone else who had visited Mamoru during his illness. Also, when Usagi, still inflicted with the disease, is running through the streets, she and Mamoru find each other, saying, I heard your voice calling out to me. Usagi and Mamoru share each other's pain, as if two parts of a whole, two soulmates.

In the anime, their equality is not shown as clearly as Haruka and Michiru, who equally risk their lives for one another, who get the opportunity to protect the other. Like you mentioned, Lady T, Usagi is more of a central figure who protects others, and if the notion of female empowerment is true, this leaves very little room for Mamoru to have his own moments in where he is able to risk his life for Usagi. But I do not think this is a fault of not being as strong soulmates as Haruka & Michiru, just a lack of scenes.

Haruka and Michiru are at their best with each other, yet they also make the worst decsisions when together. Their absolute love for one another is also their downfall because each one is so devoted to the other that neither will say No, this is wrong. I will disagree with you in that Usagi is at her best when she is with Mamoru. She has said so countless times.

In the SuperS final battle (manga), Sailor Moon and the others are drawn into a horrible nightmare that they all have become corpses with their skin melting off their faces. Tuxedo Kamen is the only one to realize this falsehood and slaps Sailor Moon and the others into reality. Although Mamoru may not be a singularly powerful as Usagi, he possesses a different strength and wisdom that allows him to balance Usagi's emotionally driven strength. I do not remember which chapter it is, unfortunately, but there is a scene where Usagi says that together they soar. Nothing drives Usagi to her best than without Mamoru by her side and it is Mamoru's desire to protect Usagi that forces him to gain new powers (La Smoking Bomber) to protect her in return.

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net https://twitter.com/mydearsourwolf
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 1:21 pm

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
Michiru was willing to let the world die if she just had Haruka with her, saying that 'A world without Haruka isn't worth of saving' and when they died they didn't care where they'd go if they just had each other since then the other one would be happy.

Which again doesn't make them very dedicated warriors.

This panel alone shows how much Haruka cares about Usagi. She is very dedicated to her princess, as is Michiru. Usagi is Haruka's little kitten that she fiercely loves. Which, is demonstrated quite a bit when there's 'outsiders' that come to earth and want to know Usagi. Haruka is like "hell. no. go away or else." that is quite the dedication.

I mentioned in another thread that Haruka and Michiru's love is kind of like a loophole. They have the same mission. Therefore, they get the best of both worlds of their mission; protect Usagi together or die together trying.

To say though that they do not mind wherever they end up when they die doesn't make them "not very dedicated warriors". It demonstrates that no matter what, no matter where they go, they can face anything together, even death. They are their absolute best side by side.

@Jupi: >.>

<.<

You have me there on Haruka and Michiru may also be each other's downfalls. However, they still take actions they need to in order to protect Usagi and the world. Usagi may not agree, but that's not to say their methods are wrong. As mentioned in the other thread, sometimes they need to do what's needed. They may not want to or like it, but they know they need to do it for Usagi and the world.

And what I meant when Usagi isn't at her best (my bad word choice) is that she doesn't need Mamoru right there , physically, to do what she needs to do. That was my bad on word choice.

I think I want to stick to my statement that I know has previously been said in this thread (though not by me), that Haruka and Michiru and Usagi and Mamoru demonstrate their soul mate-y-ness differently from one another. I'm mostly basing my thoughts on the anime since I am not yet an expert at the manga, but I definitely see a stronger connection in the anime between Haruka and Michiru than I do with Usagi and Mamoru. *shrug* and there's no one to blame for that except the people that handled the anime! XD

But I also see what you're saying Jupi and I agree with you. Except on a couple parts.

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe

Last edited by Lady Tuxedo on 15th September 2012, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 1:22 pm

Tuxie my love have I said how much I love you ?! You just stole the words from my mouth in your earlier post ! I think EXACTLY like you! I'll post a new post later but I want to answer to this earlier one first.

Moonlight Lady - First of all Mamoru did have his Star Seed (even though not mentioned before Stars and he possesses the power of Earth even though his is different from the senshi. So he does have power normal people don’t have. Usagi was warmed up when being in the field and I don’t think plant thorns are fatal, they do harm you badly but I don’t think they’d kill you.
Yeah the main pair has most tragic scenes in number when many side character moments would’ve been added -___-
Michiru was first upset to Haruka because she didn’t listen to her but later told her she did not want her to have the same kind of life she herself had. So she was between two walls and her emotions were mixed.
Haruka and Michiru first talked about their mission and wanted to make sure Usagi was safe and in good protection, after they knew they’d trust her life to Starlights they couldn’t focus on anything else than each other.
As we have seen many times their physical powers won’t really change when they transform, they have almost the same physical strength as normal girls than as senshi. And when you watch that scene you notice Michiru’s condition by looking at her.
@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Mamoru believes Usagi will save the world even without him, so his trust is much greater.
This actually means that no matter if Mamoru was dead or not Usagi would continue fighting even without him. She could abandon her feelings for him and fight, which Haruka and Michiru would not be able to do for long, they’d die for sorrow, grieving so I think they share a different and deeper bond to each other

“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 1:31 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
Michiru was willing to let the world die if she just had Haruka with her, saying that 'A world without Haruka isn't worth of saving' and when they died they didn't care where they'd go if they just had each other since then the other one would be happy.

Which again doesn't make them very dedicated warriors.

This panel alone shows how much Haruka cares about Usagi. She is very dedicated to her princess, as is Michiru. Usagi is Haruka's little kitten that she fiercely loves. Which, is demonstrated quite a bit when there's 'outsiders' that come to earth and want to know Usagi. Haruka is like "hell. no. go away or else." that is quite the dedication.

I mentioned in another thread that Haruka and Michiru's love is kind of like a loophole. They have the same mission. Therefore, they get the best of both worlds of their mission; protect Usagi together or die together trying.

To say though that they do not mind wherever they end up when they die doesn't make them "not very dedicated warriors". It demonstrates that no matter what, no matter where they go, they can face anything together, even death. They are their absolute best side by side.
GOTTA LOVE HARUKA IN THAT SCENE !!!

Why are we always quoting each other even without noticing it at all XD? Yes, Michiru and Haruka are the best side by side; they can face just about everything together and even being burned in hell if they just have each other

I think I want to stick to my statement that I
know has previously been said in this thread (though not by me), that
Haruka and Michiru and Usagi and Mamoru demonstrate their soul
mate-y-ness differently from one another

Just asking: Do you possibly mean me love^^?

{ Graphics by me }

Last edited by Tsuki-no-Kagayaki on 15th September 2012, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 1:32 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
@Jupi: >.>

<.<

You have me there on Haruka and Michiru may also be each other's downfalls. However, they still take actions they need to in order to protect Usagi and the world. Usagi may not agree, but that's not to say their methods are wrong. As mentioned in the other thread, sometimes they need to do what's needed. They may not want to or like it, but they know they need to do it for Usagi and the world.

And what I meant when Usagi isn't at her best (my bad word choice) is that she doesn't need Mamoru right there , physically, to do what she needs to do. That was my bad on word choice.

I think I want to stick to my statement that I know has previously been said in this thread (though not by me), that Haruka and Michiru and Usagi and Mamoru demonstrate their soul mate-y-ness differently from one another. I'm mostly basing my thoughts on the anime since I am not yet an expert at the manga, but I definitely see a stronger connection in the anime between Haruka and Michiru than I do with Usagi and Mamoru. *shrug* and there's no one to blame for that except the people that handled the anime! XD

But I also see what you're saying Jupi and I agree with you. Except on a couple parts.

Wink I love you, babe.

You are completely right with what you said about the anime. If I had never watched the anime I probably would not believe in Usagi and Mamoru as much as I do now, would probably hoist Haruka and Michiru to the top of the totem pole because their actions and words rise above everyone else. Usagi's love for Mamoru is powerfully evident in the anime but Mamoru's is rather lack luster, save for a few intense moments. However, based on the manga, both couples, as you said, demonstrate their soul mate-y-ness differently from one another.

Quote :
Now this is very interesting because this can both show weakness and strengths. If Usagi does not need Mamoru to be right there it is because she believes that much in their love. She has not a shred of doubt that Mamoru is there supporting her in some way and that gives her the courage. At the same time if this is to mean that Haruka and Michiru need to physically see the other, then that could mean that their love is not as all around fundamentally strong, that it is their weakness -- or that it is evidence of the magnitude of their love, so strong that they need each other to be right there, unlike Usagi and Mamoru who can handle being apart from one another.

I do not believe in that last statement though, because Usagi nearly falls apart, crumbling slowly into depression when Mamoru is gone during the Stars. She is strong for her friends and puts on a brave face but without Mamoru she all but dies inside. Pinja, she becomes desolate when he is taken from her in the R movie and Tuxedo Kamen, (in the manga), falls to his knees in despair when he thinks Super Sailor Moon has died, even though there is still a battle to continue. Usagi would live on for her friends, if Mamoru were to die, but she would very soon become hollow inside, simply fulfilling a mission.

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 1:40 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

You are completely right with what you said about the anime. If I had never watched the anime I probably would not believe in Usagi and Mamoru as much as I do now, would probably hoist Haruka and Michiru to the top of the totem pole because their actions and words rise above everyone else. Usagi's love for Mamoru is powerfully evident in the anime but Mamoru's is rather lack luster, save for a few intense moments. However, based on the manga, both couples, as you said, demonstrate their soul mate-y-ness differently from one another.

I just wanted to add that maybe I'm a little biased since I think girl/girl or guy/guy couples are cuter/more awesome/etc. etc. XD

Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 1:52 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:

I just wanted to add that maybe I'm a little biased since I think girl/girl or guy/guy couples are cuter/more awesome/etc. etc. XD

OMG ME TOO! Usagi and Mamoru are the only straight couple that I ship. XD

But ahem, pardon me, back to the debate. Wink (you and i gotta talk in private, hon. all out. hee.)

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 2:05 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Usagi and Mamoru did manage to communicate at the distance during SuperS finale. So they are a whole higher level of Soul Mates.

Where? Evidence pl0x? ^^ cause he was laying in bed. That's it. Nothing else. They didn't have any communication as far as I remember. She went into battle and that was that.

When the sailor senshi are in the mirror rooms, Zirconia wants to strike Usagi, but Mamoru warns her.

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
I will say this though. I feel like Usagi goes through way more stretches for Mamoru than he has for her. Yes, in things such as the R movie, he got stabbed on her behalf, but then she had to go save him. She walked through snow and thorns for him at the beginning of Stars but there's not very many instances where you see him go through leaps and bounds for her. I suppose this could be due to the fact that Usagi is the central character and some elements of female empowerment (role reversal), but you still see her doing more for him. Her doing more for him =/= a reciprocated soul mate connection.

I died again...

This guy appears in almost every episode to protect her.

He got stabbed in R movie and earlier in first season several times. In R he took the blasts of evil energy for her in both finales. In S he twice tells her to escape, when she can't transform, though mostly likely he knew he would not survive. In R also he alone goes to the enemy's headquaters when she's captures.

And yes, in R movie she with her friends went to save him, but it was him, wounded, who broke the Crystal which was supposed to heal him and saved them.

And last, but not least - as Endymion, he left behind his planet and travelled to Moon where he was regarded as enemy to warn Serenity.

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
But, we see the evidence in the smaller pieces of Haruka and Michiru of a really strong, soul mate-y connection. Theirs, to me and others, is just so strong.

Not for me and I don't see it. They are fairly good couple, but not really in class of Mamousa.

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 2:14 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:

But ahem, pardon me, back to the debate. Wink (you and i gotta talk in private, hon. all out. hee.)

Count me in this one lovies XD! I just noticed all my favorite pairings are girl/girl <3 (I haven't read any boy/boy stories yet)

{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 2:33 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Usagi's love for Mamoru is powerfully evident in the anime but Mamoru's is rather lack luster, save for a few intense moments.

Shocked Why luckluster?

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Usagi nearly falls apart, crumbling slowly into depression when Mamoru is gone during the Stars. She is strong for her friends and puts on a brave face but without Mamoru she all but dies inside.

Yes, exactly - and then she even doesn't know about his death - she simply longs to see him and to hear him. And the scene, when she keeps on calling his phone just to hear his prerecorded message and the scene, when she believes he's back, but it's just Seiya - these are really two most tragic and devastating scenes in the anime.

Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 2:46 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

What about Ami x Ryo and Rei x Yuchiro?
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 3:10 pm

Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
First of all Mamoru did have his Star Seed (even though not mentioned before Stars and he possesses the power of Earth even though his is different from the senshi. So he does have power normal people don’t have. Usagi was warmed up when being in the field and I don’t think plant thorns are fatal, they do harm you badly but I don’t think they’d kill you.
(...) As we have seen many times their physical powers won’t really change when they transform, they have almost the same physical strength as normal girls than as senshi. And when you watch that scene you notice Michiru’s condition by looking at her.

Not really. They are for instance able to jump off great heights without being hurt (which Tuxedo Mask does almost every time) and at great lengths (Minako does jump on roofs when she appears for the first time.) Some powers do not require being transformed - like Rei's psychic or Mamoru healing - but it's not clear whether they are senshi powers. But they are not more immune than average people in civilian forms - therefore, they transform as soon as it's needed.

Moonlight Knight tells Mamoru that he can't fight a monster, because he's a human. I'm not sure whether Mamoru can't use his powers because of amnesia or maybe all his powers were used to create Moonlight Knight - but the point is, he is mere human in doom tree arc.

I think that's difficult to compare such different attack as arrows, cristals or bad energy - how to measure it? And thorns may not be fatal, when you are stratched by a few, but walking through them is a different thing.

Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 3:12 pm

Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
Count me in this one lovies XD! I just noticed all my favorite pairings are girl/girl <3 (I haven't read any boy/boy stories yet)
Sweetheart, you do not know what you are missing out on. And not just in terms of smexiness - there are truly some beautiful stories. I'd recommend Doukyuusei by Nakamura Asumiko (one of the most beautiful stories period) or Ringo ni Hachimitsu by Hideyoshico. Mujihi na Otoko by Sakuraga Mei is one of my top three favorite manga.

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Usagi's love for Mamoru is powerfully evident in the anime but Mamoru's is rather lack luster, save for a few intense moments.

Shocked Why luckluster?
In the anime they portray him a lot colder than in the manga. In the manga, Mamoru adores Usagi. He is darkly protective of her, attracted to her and loves her. His actions consistently prove this, in both life-threatening mannerisms to simply gestures of touching her and laughing with her. In the anime, Mamoru insults and teases her almost cruelly, and once they get together he often acts embarrassed by her or disinterested in her. I do not say any of this as if he does not love her - there are quite a few intense scenes (his grief during the break-up) and amusing scenes (when they giggle together about the kittens) but that is what I mean by "lackluster." Compared to the manga, Mamoru is handled a grave injustice in the way he is portrayed.

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Yes, exactly - and then she even doesn't know about his death - she simply longs to see him and to hear him. And the scene, when she keeps on calling his phone just to hear his prerecorded message and the scene, when she believes he's back, but it's just Seiya - these are really two most tragic and devastating scenes in the anime.
Yes! Usagi falls to this extreme simply because she thinks that he is too busy for her. Those scenes with her calling him on the phone to simply hear his voice, and when she is on the roof -- they break my heart. She is so genuinely broken.

@Neon Genesis wrote:
Rei and Yuichiro are cute in the anime but that is all to me -- cute. I ship her with Minako easily. And Ami and Ryo never had any impact on me. Gomen. :/

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 4:53 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

In the anime they portray him a lot colder than in the manga. In the manga, Mamoru adores Usagi. He is darkly protective of her, attracted to her and loves her. His actions consistently prove this, in both life-threatening mannerisms to simply gestures of touching her and laughing with her. In the anime, Mamoru insults and teases her almost cruelly, and once they get together he often acts embarrassed by her or disinterested in her. I do not say any of this as if he does not love her - there are quite a few intense scenes (his grief during the break-up) and amusing scenes (when they giggle together about the kittens) but that is what I mean by "lackluster." Compared to the manga, Mamoru is handled a grave injustice in the way he is portrayed.

Exactly. I am basing more off of my experience with the anime and this is what I notice mostly in terms of Usagi and Mamoru. I don't know how you don't see it, Moonlight Lady, but it's there. And it's not endearing in any sort of way, either. It's disappointing. You may love them a lot, but also pay attention to those things; don't act like these things don't happen just because you love them to put them on this higher pedestal.

With Haruka and Michiru, they don't do that to each other. I think the worst they do is try to make each other jealous, just for fun and to see just how much the other loves them. You may see that as like "cruel" or "wrong" or whatever, but it's just fun for them because people sometimes like that. They like seeing someone get worked up over the idea of someone stealing their other half away, because they love them. So they mess with each other a little bit. Not that they'd ever truly do anything like cheat, but they like to play. And there are couples that do this in real life too.

I did that with Haruka and Michiru. I saw some points Jupi was making and I agreed with her (except a couple) because I look at it from all angles; not just the biased ones (or I try not to). Razz

And again, don't get me wrong; I love me some UsagiMamo and I love me some Mamo (hell yes), but yeah. XD In order of my Sailor Moon ships it has to be:

1. Haruka and Michiru
2. Usagi and Seiya
3. Usagi and Mamoru

I'm sorry XD but they're at least in my top three Very Happy Usagi/Minako isn't even (though I can see it and ship it lulz)

Also, Jupi, shoot me a message XD (you owe me one anyway, ma'am Razz)

Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 8:53 pm

Girl, you have got to read ALL of the manga. I can't believe you put UsaMamo in third! XD But I love Usagi x Seiya so I can be ok. Although Usagi and Mamoru rule ALL in the manga. Hee.

Message tomorrow I promise! -huggles-

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:08 pm

What about Usagi x Haruka?
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:12 pm

I see Haruka and Usagi in no way being together! She's just teasing her in my opinion when she kisses her in the manga. Michiru and Haruka are weird like that. I mean Michiru has even flirt with Mamoru as well. I really think she's bi.

Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:14 pm

We don't really know much about Michiru, we don't see her flirt with many other girls. there's a chance shes actually heterosexual or even asexual, but haruka is the one she would turn for? Perhaps shes Haruka-sexual. If shes ever heard Initial U or seen Nao Takagi. I wouldnt be surprised.

Voluntarily Deactivated Account!
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:17 pm

Yeah I suppose If it wasn't for Haruka she might go after a man? Sorry Tsuki! I know if michiru ever went after a man then Hishou would be extremely happy XD

Hishou: I will have Haruka all to myself now! Mwhaa! *steals Haruka*

Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:31 pm

Relevant, Haruka and Michiru's Future (Don't worry its like 30 seconds)

Fan Event from Seramyu:

Nao Takagi - Sailor Uranus (played 1998-2002, 11 shows)
Yuuka Asami - Sailor Neptune (played 1999-2002, 9 shows)

Last edited by Houyou no Senshi on 15th September 2012, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:40 pm

Haruka taking naps? Haha!

Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:41 pm

i can sooo see haruka as the "lazy husband" type XD

Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:49 pm

Haruka: *watching the game and laying on the couch*
Michiru: *turns tv off*
Haruka: "Great now I won't know who won! Thanks a lot! *pouts*
Michiru: "Haruka do you realize I've been cleaning all day long and you've did nothing but lay on the couch all day!"
Haruka: "I thought that was part of the marriage deal."
Michiru: "You've got three seconds to get off that couch!"
Haruka: "Or what?"
Michiru: "I'll make sure you never watch another game again"
Haruka: "You wouldn't dare!"
Michiru: -*holds up a basbsll threatingly*
Haruka: "Fine I'll mow the yard but it isn't that bad! I mean you can still see part of the car! *grumbles and walks off*

Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:52 pm

LOL! thats always been my headcanon on how they are in the future

Michiru: how many times do i have to tell you, no feet on the coffee table D:
Haruka: *pulls face*
Michiru: *says nothing but later serves Haruka a very very slightly smaller portion than usual for dinner*

Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:54 pm

We should totally make a thread just for this lol

Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 9:55 pm

lol definitely XD i think we got off topic

Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 10:01 pm

Michiru: "Haruka have you seen my party dress that I specifically bought for the gala tonight?"
Haruka *puts down newspaper and tries to remember being in the laundry room earlier washing clothes. She then remembers it was white but she thought it needed to be washed so she just threw it in with her oily racing suit* the color then all drains from her face when realization of this hits her. "Nope haven't seen it!" * picks newspAper back up and keeps reading.*

Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   15th September 2012, 10:14 pm

I am waiting for this new topic, man XDD

Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   16th September 2012, 4:12 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

I don't see Mamoru as cold or cruel in anime - except for the breakup part in R season (I don't count his brainwashing). His teasing of Usagi in first season sometimes crosses the line, but IMO soon it's clear that he's interested. And Usagi is by no means sweet Red Riding Hood meeting bad wolf in their scenes either. Futhermore, after some she too starts getting kick of their teasing . And if he wasn't a little flawed, it wouldn't be so sweet to see him change.

In the manga they are both more perfect, which fits the slightly different manga story - actually, I believe Usagi is much more changed compared to manga.

And when I had problems with Mamousa in later seasons, they were actually Usagi-related. I sometimes must have kept repeating: she'ś just fifteen mantra on several scenes.

@Neon Genesis wrote:
Rei and Yuichiro are cute in the anime but that is all to me -- cute. I ship her with Minako easily. And Ami and Ryo never had any impact on me. Gomen. :/[/quote]

I like them - they're not great loves, epic romances or long term relationships, but they're are like normal teenege romances. They are also reflective of their personalities. AmixRyo was also relevant to plot, which helps to develop. I only wish there was some payoff to ReixYuuichiro.

And I probably mentioned it earlier, but I see UsagixSeiya as absolute disaster.

Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   16th September 2012, 6:01 am

Anjyu wrote:
I see Haruka and Usagi in no way being together! She's just teasing her in my opinion when she kisses her in the manga. Michiru and Haruka are weird like that. I mean Michiru has even flirt with Mamoru as well. I really think she's bi.

@Houyou no Senshi wrote:
We don't really know much about Michiru, we don't see her flirt with many other girls. there's a chance shes actually heterosexual or even asexual, but haruka is the one she would turn for? Perhaps shes Haruka-sexual. If shes ever heard Initial U or seen Nao Takagi. I wouldnt be surprised.

Anjyu - Tis okay love Razz I've always seen Haruka's kiss to Usagi as teasing. And when it comes to Michiru's (as well as Haruka's) sexuality I think they're pure lesbians. The whole Michiru flirting with Mamoru and Haruka flirting with Usagi in the manga was all just to mix up Usagi's and Mamoru's relationship and make it look more real. They both really became jealous but made up later. Another little twist from Naoko XD. So when I come down to it Michiru has very mysterious aura and I don't see her really flirting much; it's her aura and personality that makes it look like flirting.

Houyou - "Perhaps shes Haruka-sexual. If shes ever heard Initial U or seen Nao Takagi. I wouldnt be surprised."
My gosh love this wins too many awards, really XD! You have a good point where I dive into when I've first answered Anjyu's second post Wink

Anjyu wrote:
Yeah I suppose If it wasn't for Haruka she might go after
a man? Sorry Tsuki! I know if michiru ever went after a man then Hishou
would be extremely happy XD

Hishou: I will have Haruka all to myself now! Mwhaa! *steals Haruka*

Okay so now I dive a bit deeper into this:
What I and Tuxie have said and pointed out on this thread is that people see Haruka and Michiru as soul mates more than as lesbians. As we have seen they don't need any other person to be with them than one another. As being parts of one another, soul mates, they fell in love and cannot live without each other. So if they wouldn't have each other they wouldn't fall in love with anybody since no matter who the person is she would not be their soul mate. Haruka and Michiru only love each other (I'm not talking about their love for Usagi; their Princess) their soul mate, their precious one, the only person who can truly understand them in the whole world, who they can share everything with and whom they'd give their lives and everything they have. So if they cannot have each other they would never turn for anyone else. Haruka has Michiru and Michiru has Haruka as her only love in the world. So they are soul mates and their love is only for one another. I personally find this so sweet I can't even describe my thoughts much <3

@Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Relevant, Haruka and Michiru's Future (Don't worry its like 30 seconds)

Fan Event from Seramyu:

Nao Takagi - Sailor Uranus (played 1998-2002, 11 shows)
Yuuka Asami - Sailor Neptune (played 1999-2002, 9 shows)

Oh my goodness this is pure awesomeness XD!

Anjyu wrote:
Michiru: "Haruka have you seen my party dress that I specifically bought for the gala tonight?"
Haruka
*puts down newspaper and tries to remember being in the laundry room
earlier washing clothes. She then remembers it was white but she thought
it needed to be washed so she just threw it in with her oily racing
suit* the color then all drains from her face when realization of this
hits her. "Nope haven't seen it!" * picks newspAper back up and keeps
reading.*

I can SO see this happening XD

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
I am waiting for this new topic, man XDD

So am I XD!

Also Anjyu and Houyou: You two totally spammed this thread XD lol but I certainly don't mind that ^^!

{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down

Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Theories, Debates and Headcanons-