Share | 

Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
deathrebirthsenshi
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   18th September 2012, 5:18 pm

Hm...I like Mamoru and Usagi slightly more. And I like them better in the manga. Actually, I have to say in the anime, I ship Haruka and Michiru more^^
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   18th September 2012, 7:56 pm

Small Lady wrote:
So somethign just came to mind which could explain Mamoru's anime behavior. A lot of things Usagi does in public is considered VERY embarrassing and even kinda rude for the Japanese people. Also public display of affections = no no. So I think thats why he acts cold to her IN PUBLIC because thats kinda how...a lot of normal Japanese act. I think its possible he is portraying the normal (though exaggerated because this is for entertainment and a lot of the scenes with mamoru being embarassed by usagi are meant to be humorous) way a Japanese male would act if he had a girlfriend act the way Usagi does.

Even taking into account Japanese cultural views of public affection, the other couples in Sailor Moon don't seem to be treated nearly as cold and distant as Usagi and Mamoru are. Naru and Umino are always lovey dovey with each other and they're often seen fixing food for each other and sharing their lunchboxes together. I can't imagine anime Mamoru willingly going along with something like the love contest that Umino and Naru participated without feeling embarrassed by the whole thing. With Haruka and Michiru, we see them at restaurants a lot together, Haruka goes to violin concerts with Michiru and Michiru goes to motorcycle races with Haruka, but we don't see as much of this give and take in Usagi and Mamoru's relationship.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   18th September 2012, 8:45 pm

@Neon Genesis wrote:
Haruka and Michiru weren't wishing for their beloved to be burned in hell. They were saying that not even the fires of hell could tear them apart from each other. By the way, why do we always refer to them as Haruka and Michiru and not as Michiru and Haruka?

Thank you for explaining when I wasn't here Genesis ! That's just what I meant <3!They're saying nothing in the world, not even the fires of hell could ever tear them apart, they'll always be together, in every time and everywhere<3. Michiru and Haruka are also meaning they cannot live without the other one. If one died the other would follow her to death, probably dying for grieve and sadness or making a suicide. So that if something tells about real love

And I actually use both as you might have seen XD! For me it's usually because we hear Usagi saying Haruka-tachi all the time AND cuz HaruMichi rhyme better than MichiHaru XD

“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 1:34 am

In defense of anime Mamoru, I still think one of the cutest scenes in the anime is that episode of S where Mimet is flirting with Mamoru and Mamoru just flat out rejects her advances by telling Mimet that Usagi and Chibi-usa are his future wife and daughter. I think I would have liked anime Mamoru a lot more if we had more scenes like that where we actually see Mamoru standing up for Usagi like that.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 12:13 pm

And when do you think Mamoru should stand up for Usagi?

@Neon Genesis wrote:
Small Lady wrote:
So somethign just came to mind which could explain Mamoru's anime behavior. A lot of things Usagi does in public is considered VERY embarrassing and even kinda rude for the Japanese people. Also public display of affections = no no. So I think thats why he acts cold to her IN PUBLIC because thats kinda how...a lot of normal Japanese act. I think its possible he is portraying the normal (though exaggerated because this is for entertainment and a lot of the scenes with mamoru being embarassed by usagi are meant to be humorous) way a Japanese male would act if he had a girlfriend act the way Usagi does.

Even taking into account Japanese cultural views of public affection, the other couples in Sailor Moon don't seem to be treated nearly as cold and distant as Usagi and Mamoru are. Naru and Umino are always lovey dovey with each other and they're often seen fixing food for each other and sharing their lunchboxes together. I can't imagine anime Mamoru willingly going along with something like the love contest that Umino and Naru participated without feeling embarrassed by the whole thing. With Haruka and Michiru, we see them at restaurants a lot together, Haruka goes to violin concerts with Michiru and Michiru goes to motorcycle races with Haruka, but we don't see as much of this give and take in Usagi and Mamoru's relationship.

Ekm - Usagi and Mamoru were both at the race and concert as H&Mi...

And if we compare the goodbye at the airport between Mamorusa and Motoki and Reika, it's clear that Mamousa's is more tender.

Naru and Umino are cute and I support them - but the lovey stuff comes more from Umino, Naru's more reserved.

And true that Mamoru would most likely feel embarrassed about love contest - but I would too, it's normal with reserved people.

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 2:24 pm

Wow, it sure has been a long time since I've been on this forum, hiya all! Smile
Anyways I'd just like to point out one thing during this whole debate. Now to be honest, I have a love-hate relationship with the Mamo/Usa couple so that might affect my views but here's something I'd like to say that I have yet to see anyone bring up.
The fact that Haruka and Michiru CHOSE each other! These two weren't involved in the past and yet they CHOOSE to be together in the present because they fell in love with the other for who the person was, no strings attached.
Now Mamoru and Usagi might well of chosen each other too but the reality is, they DO have strings attached. Destiny, fate and the past drew them together, before they even got to know each as people! Don't you think its much more romantic when people CHOOSE to love each other as opposed to being TIED together?
Frankly, I find the whole "getting to know someone and gradually falling in love with each other for who they are" is much more romantic than the instant, "destined" love that Usagi and Mamoru have. Also to be quite honest, UsaMamo's love story is almost like a Disney Princess movie and those love stories have never quite sat so well with me because of how unrealistic they are.
Haruka and Michiru are more appealing and better not just because of the whole "lesbians" aspect. But for the simple fact that they chose each other, and are on a whole much more realistic.
That's my 2 cents anyways

I was born under the star of Mars
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 2:44 pm

@EurAsianGirl wrote:
Wow, it sure has been a long time since I've been on this forum, hiya all! Smile
Anyways I'd just like to point out one thing during this whole debate. Now to be honest, I have a love-hate relationship with the Mamo/Usa couple so that might affect my views but here's something I'd like to say that I have yet to see anyone bring up.
The fact that Haruka and Michiru CHOSE each other! These two weren't involved in the past and yet they CHOOSE to be together in the present because they fell in love with the other for who the person was, no strings attached.
Now Mamoru and Usagi might well of chosen each other too but the reality is, they DO have strings attached. Destiny, fate and the past drew them together, before they even got to know each as people! Don't you think its much more romantic when people CHOOSE to love each other as opposed to being TIED together?
Frankly, I find the whole "getting to know someone and gradually falling in love with each other for who they are" is much more romantic than the instant, "destined" love that Usagi and Mamoru have. Also to be quite honest, UsaMamo's love story is almost like a Disney Princess movie and those love stories have never quite sat so well with me because of how unrealistic they are.
Haruka and Michiru are more appealing and better not just because of the whole "lesbians" aspect. But for the simple fact that they chose each other, and are on a whole much more realistic.

*Glomps EurAsianGirl* Girl why haven't you been here earlier ?! Please stop by our HaruMichi dedication thread<3! You think just like me!

{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 2:55 pm

Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
@EurAsianGirl wrote:

*Glomps EurAsianGirl* Girl why haven't you been here earlier ?! Please stop by our HaruMichi dedication thread<3! You think just like me!
*Glomps back!* Ha-ha I've been busy with my RPing but feel its high-time I start getting into more SM discussions. Though I'm not sure what I can input in the Haruka/Michiru thread. I mean they're just so perfect together there's nothing really TO say!

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 3:05 pm

Bravo, bravo, EurAsianGirl. Cheers thank you for sharing that.

I just wanna add; everyone makes fantastic points though. ^^

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 3:06 pm

@EurAsianGirl wrote:

*Glomps back!* Ha-ha I've been busy with my RPing but feel its high-time I start getting into more SM discussions. Though I'm not sure what I can input in the Haruka/Michiru thread. I mean they're just so perfect together there's nothing really TO say!

I know <3! They're just flawless (My OTPFL<3)! Maybe if you browse back to the first three pages of this thread you might get some inspiration to tell about them in your own words Wink ? (as a warning: I've been talking about them all over this topic so be careful when you browse the pages XD!)

And I know this is a bit off topic Tuxie! Sorry XD I couldn't help it

{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 3:15 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Bravo, bravo, EurAsianGirl. Cheers thank you for sharing that.

I just wanna add; everyone makes fantastic points though. ^^
Ha-ha why thank you! ^.^ I just thought it was important to bring up since it wasn't mentioned before. Because really, at least as far as the anime goes. At the end of the day we at least know Haruka and Michiru WANT to be together, while honestly we don't really know if Usagi and Mamoru truly do, especially on Mamoru's end!
And besides, why is everyone putting so much stock on destiny and past lives? Personally, I don't think it should affect the person you are in the present and really I believe we all make our own destinies, not follow some pre-determined path. I think Haruka and Michiru both as a couple and as characters really emphasize the latter, especially how its shown how much they're willing to sacrifice to stop the Silence from approaching in S.

Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 3:17 pm

Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
@EurAsianGirl wrote:

I know <3! They're just flawless (My OTPFL<3)! Maybe if you browse back to the first three pages of this thread you might get some inspiration to tell about them in your own words Wink ? (as a warning: I've been talking about them all over this topic so be careful when you browse the pages XD!)

lol I'll be sure to keep that in mind! And don't worry, I'll try not to read everything though with Haruka/Michiru there can never be too much! Wink Speaking of which you should also check out my new debate topic I posted: "Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi." It overlaps with a lot of the stuff said here. ((Shameless promotion >.>))

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 3:28 pm

Oh you just opened that can of worms. Expect a nice response from someone explaining the painfully obvious tells that Usagi and Mamoru want to be together, especially with Mamoru. Wink

But you do have a point. Do they naturally want to be together? If it's "in the stars" basically, are they basically thrown together? In a way, I feel they're more thrown together than anything. That's what makes it fun to be like "oh Usagi and Seiya" or whatever (if you ship that). Because it's a "what if" (whether people want to see it or not). Both Mamoru and Usagi basically get no other opportunities to see if they could love someone else or even be with someone else. Now don't get me wrong, I love the idea of people being "destined" for each other, but I love when that happens, they meet and get to know each other and fall in love (and from there it's just painfully obvious). Not:

"Oh hey, dumpling head. Fail another test? Hahahahahaha. Try not to trip over your stupid on the way home" (no Mamoru doesn't say this but it's kind of the gist he gives off in the beginning) and "what a jerk! I can't stand him!" then "oh...you're Tuxedo Mask and I care about him so now I care about you since you're him and wait you're my past lover? Oh yeah I love you now too." No. No. No. Just. No.

To be honest, I feel like when they found out the other was Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, that would have made things way more complicated. Because say in Usagi's case, the "mystery man" she adores that saves her is actually the mean jerk she bumps into. Discovering this wouldn't change everything and make her automatically love him. She'd be like "what the hell. What the hell is this? Are you kidding me?" and probably all the "feels" she had for Tuxedo Mask would probably disappear.

And if they were ever with someone else, it could do one of two things:

Either a) show they can be with others, allowing the option to choose their destinies, or b) at least show they are meant to be together and whoever they were with didn't have the "it" they needed.

Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 3:37 pm

@EurAsianGirl wrote:
Tsuki-no-Kagayaki wrote:
@EurAsianGirl wrote:

lol I'll be sure to keep that in mind! And don't worry, I'll try not to read everything though with Haruka/Michiru there can never be too much! Wink Speaking of which you should also check out my new debate topic I posted: "Does Anime Mamoru truly love Usagi." It overlaps with a lot of the stuff said here. ((Shameless promotion >.>))

I have to check it out Smile ! And be careful; the third page has some HaruMichi love spam attack posts from me and the discussion begins to go much deeper <3

{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 3:46 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Oh you just opened that can of worms. Expect a nice response from someone explaining the painfully obvious tells that Usagi and Mamoru want to be together, especially with Mamoru. Wink

But you do have a point. Do they naturally want to be together? If it's "in the stars" basically, are they basically thrown together? In a way, I feel they're more thrown together than anything. That's what makes it fun to be like "oh Usagi and Seiya" or whatever (if you ship that). Because it's a "what if" (whether people want to see it or not). Both Mamoru and Usagi basically get no other opportunities to see if they could love someone else or even be with someone else. Now don't get me wrong, I love the idea of people being "destined" for each other, but I love when that happens, they meet and get to know each other and fall in love (and from there it's just painfully obvious). Not:

"Oh hey, dumpling head. Fail another test? Hahahahahaha. Try not to trip over your stupid on the way home" (no Mamoru doesn't say this but it's kind of the gist he gives off in the beginning) and "what a jerk! I can't stand him!" then "oh...you're Tuxedo Mask and I care about him so now I care about you since you're him and wait you're my past lover? Oh yeah I love you now too." No. No. No. Just. No.

To be honest, I feel like when they found out the other was Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, that would have made things way more complicated. Because say in Usagi's case, the "mystery man" she adores that saves her is actually the mean jerk she bumps into. Discovering this wouldn't change everything and make her automatically love him. She'd be like "what the hell. What the hell is this? Are you kidding me?" and probably all the "feels" she had for Tuxedo Mask would probably disappear.

Either a) show they can be with others, allowing the option to choose their destinies, or b) at least show they are meant to be together and whoever they were with didn't have the "it" they needed.
lol, I always thought that this fandom was full of Mamoru haters or at least people who thought Mamoru especially, doesn't love Usagi. HAVE I BEEN DECEIVED?! Shocked
But anyways, I just felt that it was important to emphasize how the past doesn't really matter so much in Haruka and Michiru's case, but it was the main reason Usagi and Mamoru ended up together, they certaintely didn't end up together for themselves. I mean, I think the Princess of Mamoru's dreams could've been anybody, maybe even Rei and he would of ended up with her! It didn't matter it was Usagi, Serenity could've been anybody, he wasn't attracted to Usagi herself. Or has any one forgotten how in the Doom Tree Arc Mamoru acts either annoyed or just friend-like to Usagi, he never expresses a romantic interest in her UNTIL his memories come back?

Also no Tuxy you got it all wrong, this is how it really went: "Oh I have amensia, and don't remember anything about my past, I'm soo sad! Oh, wait I'm having this strange dream about a Princess telling me to bring her some Magical Crystal thingy, guess I better listen to that! Oh, wait the Princess is the only connection to the past I have? Guess I'd better be with her, since I'm alone and so lonely! Oh... Wait, the Princess is that Odango-Atama who's so annoying, clumsy and stupid? ..................*Sigh* Well, there goes my life!"
Laughing

Also I'd like to point out how Haruka and Michiru are in the end actually a much less cliche or obvious couple than Usagi and Mamoru. Usagi and Mamoru are a Princess and Prince so its like a given that they'd be together and are destined and all that stuff, Haruka and Michiru however are two soldiers fighting side-by side, the fact that their romance is so unexpected not to mention that they're both the same gender already actually makes their love so much more special, and having to go through so much trials then the stereotypical "Prince and Princess"

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 3:53 pm

Hahaha. You still make good points ^^

And I definitely don't hate Mamoru or UsaMamo. I just think Haruka and Michiru are a much stronger couple and appear more soul mate-y. And I feel like Usagi meshes much better with Seiya. But yeah XD

You are right on the stereotypical thing and the part with Haruka and Michiru's love being special.

The question comes to mind: are there really people that when they hear/see Haruka/Uranus and Michiru/Neptune they don't go "oh soul mates, duh" (besides "oh, lesbians!")

Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 3:55 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Hahaha. You still make good points ^^

And I definitely don't hate Mamoru or UsaMamo. I just think Haruka and Michiru are a much stronger couple and appear more soul mate-y. And I feel like Usagi meshes much better with Seiya. But yeah XD

You are right on the stereotypical thing and the part with Haruka and Michiru's love being special.

The question comes to mind: are there really people that when they hear/see Haruka/Uranus and Michiru/Neptune they don't go "oh soul mates, duh" (besides "oh, lesbians!")
I don't see how, I mean Haruka/Michiru is like the golden Sailor Moon canon couple, you just. don't. touch. them! I don't think I've ever met a single Moonie who DOESN'T love the couple and think they're soulmates.

Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   19th September 2012, 8:02 pm

@EurAsianGirl wrote:

This is why I like Usagi and Mamoru more in the manga than the anime. In the manga, destiny kept trying to force them apart and Usagi and Mamoru chose to fight against destiny to be together, regardless of the consequences of their love. I thought the star-crossed lovers theme of the manga made their relationship more unique and engrossing in the manga whereas even in the anime where they temporarily broke up, you never questioned whether they would get together at the end because of destiny.

Quote :
lol, I always thought that this fandom was full
of Mamoru haters or at least people who thought Mamoru especially,
doesn't love Usagi. HAVE I BEEN DECEIVED?!
My love of Mamoru depends on what version we're talking about. I love their relationship a lot in the manga and PGSM but I'm less than impressed with it in the anime. Of course, I prefer the manga over the anime in general.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 11:59 am

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Expect a nice response from someone explaining the painfully obvious tells that Usagi and Mamoru want to be together, especially with Mamoru. Wink

Do you maybe mean someone particular, Lady Tuxedo?

("sharpens white roses")

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
I love when that happens, they meet and get to know each other and fall in love (and from there it's just painfully obvious). Not:

Between the beginning and their discoveries was a long way of 34 episodes, in which they got to experience different things about each other. And their teasing is definitively flirty in tone and they both are excited by it (Mamoru clearly earlier starts taking pleasure in this).

And for me it was painfully obvious from the first hit of a paperball.

Lady Tuxedo wrote:

It would happen if they really hated each other as it is commonly believed - so it's best proof they didn't.

Either a) show they can be with others, allowing the option to choose their destinies, or b) at least show they are meant to be together and whoever they were with didn't have the "it" they needed. [/quote]

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 12:03 pm

@Moonlight Lady wrote:

Do you maybe mean someone particular, Lady Tuxedo?

("sharpens white roses")

o_o it's light teasing. let's keep it as friendly as possible Very Happy even if you're teasing right back ^^

Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 12:34 pm

Friendliness is my second name... Wink

@EurAsianGirl wrote:
that might affect my views but here's something I'd like to say that I have yet to see anyone bring up.
Frankly, I find the whole "getting to know someone and gradually falling in love with each other for who they are" is much more romantic than the instant, "destined" love that Usagi and Mamoru have.

Actually, their love is anything but instant. When they meet in this life, they gradually fall for each other, as they would in normal life.

H&Mi have some strings attached too, they have mission in common. Now, it's clearly stated Michiru was interested in Haruka before she knew it, but not vice versa. Haruka on seeing Michiru for the first time, recognizes girl she dreamt about and knows they are somehow tied.

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Also to be quite honest, UsaMamo's love story is almost like a Disney Princess movie and those love stories have never quite sat so well with me because of how unrealistic they are.

And which Disney Princess movies does their love story remind you of?

Back to top Go down
Sailor Poinsettia
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title : And the vultures all start whispering, "You're out of time."

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 12:42 pm

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
H&Mi have some strings attached too, they have mission in common. Now, it's clearly stated Michiru was interested in Haruka before she knew it, but not vice versa. Haruka on seeing Michiru for the first time, recognizes girl she dreamt about and knows they are somehow tied.

You know, that's a good point =P Michiru sought her out because of the dreams she was having, and might not have had as much of an interest if it hadn't been for that. It kind of implies that it was their destiny to work together and to be senshi partners.

But I don't think it was ever said that these dreams led to their romantic feelings together. I think there was a feeling of being important to each other, but I think their romantic feelings were kind of slow in coming, and were never really mentioned in their dreams or destiny.

And I think that throughout the S season, we can kinda see glimpses that Haruka and Michiru are still trying to deal with their relationship and their duty. That implies that they didn't instantly fall in love with one another, and instead have been working on it slowly while still trying to perform their duties.

That's my personal interpretation, anyway. Because in Stars you can see them being more comfortable with one another, and making more teasing remarks that were not present in S. In S, it was all business all the time, and they were still struggling with making things work. But in Stars, their interactions with eachother are completely different and more couple-y.

Beautiful signature by Sailor Neptune
Back to top Go down
http://serapuu.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 12:48 pm

@Moonlight Lady wrote:

Is it, now? Wink

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Also to be quite honest, UsaMamo's love story is almost like a Disney Princess movie and those love stories have never quite sat so well with me because of how unrealistic they are.

o_o you know, I must have posted that forever ago because I totally do not remember posting that at all.

But pretty much any Disney Princess movie, really. The reject or different girl gets the handsome prince in the end and it's a happily ever after. No Disney Princess movie is ever realistic though. At least it's not as bad as The Little Mermaid movie...that one is so bad XD

Also, nice, Verdandi Very Happy I like that analysis.

Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 1:09 pm

Verdandi wrote:
@Moonlight Lady wrote:

You know, that's a good point =P Michiru sought her out because of the dreams she was having, and might not have had as much of an interest if it hadn't been for that. It kind of implies that it was their destiny to work together and to be senshi partners.

But I don't think it was ever said that these dreams led to their romantic feelings together. I think there was a feeling of being important to each other, but I think their romantic feelings were kind of slow in coming, and were never really mentioned in their dreams or destiny.

And I think that throughout the S season, we can kinda see glimpses that Haruka and Michiru are still trying to deal with their relationship and their duty. That implies that they didn't instantly fall in love with one another, and instead have been working on it slowly while still trying to perform their duties.

That's my personal interpretation, anyway. Because in Stars you can see them being more comfortable with one another, and making more teasing remarks that were not present in S. In S, it was all business all the time, and they were still struggling with making things work. But in Stars, their interactions with eachother are completely different and more couple-y.

Thank you for pointing this out Verdandi! I love your analysis !

{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 3:46 pm

@Moonlight Lady wrote:

@EurAsianGirl wrote:
that might affect my views but here's something I'd like to say that I have yet to see anyone bring up.
Frankly, I find the whole "getting to know someone and gradually falling in love with each other for who they are" is much more romantic than the instant, "destined" love that Usagi and Mamoru have.

Actually, their love is anything but instant. When they meet in this life, they gradually fall for each other, as they would in normal life.

Lady Tuxedo wrote:

Actually that argument is flawed because if that were the case then shouldn't all the Senshi pair up with each other? They don't, Haruka and Michiru are the only ones. ((And in my dreams Minako/Rei >.>)) Now doesn't that make their bond even more special? Usagi and Mamoru have a romantic past, they're both royalty so its kinda expected that they'd get together.

Haruka and Michiru though have no past together at all, and teammates are not expected to get together, the fact that they managed to fall in love despite that just proves the fact that their bond is stronger.

As for the Disney Princess movies, I was just thinking as any of them since they also tend to go with a "instant love, destiny Prince/Princess" setting.

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 3:54 pm

How. AWKWARD. I thought I had said something about Disney movies and UsaMamo o_o and I didn't. She misquoted. Wonderful. XDD oh well.

Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 3:58 pm

Verdandi wrote:
@Moonlight Lady wrote:

And what you said just managed to further my point! Wink That's the main difference between the two couples, Mamoru and Usagi had romantic connantations in both their dreams and their destiny together. Haruka and Michiru had nothing of the sort, but fell in love with each other despite this. They didn't need a romantic past or destiny to fall in love, just being themselves was enough!

Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 4:01 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
@Moonlight Lady wrote:

Is it, now? Wink

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Lady Tuxedo wrote:

o_o you know, I must have posted that forever ago because I totally do not remember posting that at all.

But pretty much any Disney Princess movie, really. The reject or different girl gets the handsome prince in the end and it's a happily ever after. No Disney Princess movie is ever realistic though. At least it's not as bad as The Little Mermaid movie...that one is so bad XD

Also, nice, Verdandi Very Happy I like that analysis.

Actually I think The Little Mermaid has the most similarity to Sailor Moon out of all the Disney Princess movies. Think of it, Usagi falls in love with someone from "another" land, a land she's always longed to be apart of but their romance is forbidden and she longs to be "apart" of his world, just like the whole Ariel. The "Miracle Romance" was all about Usagi finally being born on the same planet as Mamoru, likewise Ariel was finally able to get legs and be with Eric.

Plus Eric was searching for the girl that saved his life with her voice while Mamoru was searching for the girl in his dreams, so many parallels! XD

Back to top Go down
Takoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Wandering Cat

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 4:01 pm

Personally I prefer Michiru/Haruka.
As strange as this sounds, I don't often like straight/hetero parings/shippings, but I do really like Mamoru/Usagi, which... is rare. I think it's just that their relationship is quite well written in the story.

But... I think Michiru and Haruka are an amazing couple, and honestly it's so rare to see yuri couples in anime/manga that aren't just there for male-oriented fanservice or for NSFW scenes only. Haruka and Michiru have a really fleshed out relationship (from what I've seen), and their bond is unbreakable. They're basically the sort of "perfect for each other" couple.

It also may be because I love both Haruka and Michiru's characters. I really like Usagi, but Mamoru is... okay. I have a habit of shipping my favourite characters together, that's how most of my OTPs happen, so... xD
Back to top Go down
http://takoto.deviantart.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 4:07 pm

@EurAsianGirl wrote:

Actually I think The Little Mermaid has the most similarity to Sailor Moon out of all the Disney Princess movies. Think of it, Usagi falls in love with someone from "another" land, a land she's always longed to be apart of but their romance is forbidden and she longs to be "apart" of his world, just like the whole Ariel. The "Miracle Romance" was all about Usagi finally being born on the same planet as Mamoru, likewise Ariel was finally able to get legs and be with Eric.

Plus Eric was searching for the girl that saved his life with her voice while Mamoru was searching for the girl in his dreams, so many parallels! XD
Speaking of which, have you seen Mermaid Melody Pichi PIchi Pitch?
Back to top Go down

Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Theories, Debates and Headcanons-