Share | 

Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   20th September 2012, 4:10 pm

@Neon Genesis wrote:
@EurAsianGirl wrote:

Actually I think The Little Mermaid has the most similarity to Sailor Moon out of all the Disney Princess movies. Think of it, Usagi falls in love with someone from "another" land, a land she's always longed to be apart of but their romance is forbidden and she longs to be "apart" of his world, just like the whole Ariel. The "Miracle Romance" was all about Usagi finally being born on the same planet as Mamoru, likewise Ariel was finally able to get legs and be with Eric.

Plus Eric was searching for the girl that saved his life with her voice while Mamoru was searching for the girl in his dreams, so many parallels! XD
Speaking of which, have you seen Mermaid Melody Pichi PIchi Pitch?

Yep, have read the manga and am trying to get ahold of subbed DVDS, I like it quite abit its basically a Mahou Shojo take on the Little Mermaid. Smile

Though I think that's Off-topic...^^;

I was born under the star of Mars
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   22nd September 2012, 12:47 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Friendliness is my second name... Wink

Is it, now? Wink

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Also to be quite honest, UsaMamo's love story is almost like a Disney Princess movie and those love stories have never quite sat so well with me because of how unrealistic they are.

And which Disney Princess movies does their love story remind you of?

o_o you know, I must have posted that forever ago because I totally do not remember posting that at all.

But pretty much any Disney Princess movie, really. The reject or different girl gets the handsome prince in the end and it's a happily ever after. No Disney Princess movie is ever realistic though. At least it's not as bad as The Little Mermaid movie...that one is so bad XD

Also, nice, Verdandi Very Happy I like that analysis.

I'm not really good with computers... Really sorry for that.

Still, I would say that her getting handsome prince didn't create the instant happily ever after. And Mamoru IMO is an interesting reinterpretation of handsome prince charming.

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?   22nd September 2012, 1:08 pm

Verdandi wrote:
@Moonlight Lady wrote:
H&Mi have some strings attached too, they have mission in common. Now, it's clearly stated Michiru was interested in Haruka before she knew it, but not vice versa. Haruka on seeing Michiru for the first time, recognizes girl she dreamt about and knows they are somehow tied.

You know, that's a good point =P Michiru sought her out because of the dreams she was having, and might not have had as much of an interest if it hadn't been for that. It kind of implies that it was their destiny to work together and to be senshi partners.

But I don't think it was ever said that these dreams led to their romantic feelings together. I think there was a feeling of being important to each other, but I think their romantic feelings were kind of slow in coming, and were never really mentioned in their dreams or destiny.

And I think that throughout the S season, we can kinda see glimpses that Haruka and Michiru are still trying to deal with their relationship and their duty. That implies that they didn't instantly fall in love with one another, and instead have been working on it slowly while still trying to perform their duties.

That's my personal interpretation, anyway. Because in Stars you can see them being more comfortable with one another, and making more teasing remarks that were not present in S. In S, it was all business all the time, and they were still struggling with making things work. But in Stars, their interactions with eachother are completely different and more couple-y.

Well, I actually like your interpretation of H&Mi - it seems for me more interesting than the idea of soulmates, who are perfect soumated and have one body and mind.

Still, I would say that working and fighting together as partners was a fundamental part of their relationship. So maybe there was no direct connection: destiny-love , but in a way indirect yes.

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/

Debate: MichiruXHaruka or MamoruXUsagi?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Theories, Debates and Headcanons-