HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 [Debate] Minako or Usagi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Who do you like better Minako or Usagi?
Usagi
45%
 45% [ 19 ]
Minako
26%
 26% [ 11 ]
It depends on the version
29%
 29% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 42
 

AuthorMessage
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 96
Join date : 2011-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Los Angeles California


PostSubject: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   23rd September 2012, 5:59 pm

Inspired by the MichiruxHaruka vs UsagixMamoru debate, this time I decided to make one which pits two of our favorite Senshi together! And which better two than the original Champion of Justice herself, Sailor V against the main character of the entire franchise? Wink

Personally for me, I prefer Minako in all her incarnations but mostly just the manga and PGSM ((I don't even know what the anime was trying to do to her...)) I love how serious and strong she is, how out-there and incredibly goofy she can be yet still possess a profound maturity that the other Inners don't have. She's not just one note, she has so many dimensions to her and so many dualities that honestly, I think she's one of the deepest characters Naoko ever designed. She's both tomboyish and girly, sweet yet rough, extremely over the top yet knows when to be serious and kick some ass! And when she goes over the top, she REALLY goes over the top, much more so than even Usagi! Plus the fact that her weapon is a sword and that she's the leader of the Inners gives her major cool points! Very Happy

Not only that, but she just seems to be much more interesting of a CHARACTER than Usagi. Especially in the manga, I mean don't get me wrong, I love that little odango to bits, Usagi is my bbygirl forever and always! But there's just something special about Minako that places her at the top. Minako's got pizz-zaz, she's got spunk, she's the rough and tumble yang to Usagi's gentler, crybaby yin. Though honestly at times I found manga Usagi to be rather...well, "bland" as a character and lacking in personality where Minako just exuded it! You could tell she really WAS the original.

I kinda feel Sailor Moon would've been even more epic than it was if Naoko just went with her idea of having Minako-chan being the main character and having all the arcs told through her POV, that would've been amazing, especially since honestly I feel her backround is even sadder than Serenity's.

I don't know, I love Usagi too I just think Minako edges out.

Who do you prefer forum members? And why? Happy debating! Very Happy

___________________________

I was born under the star of Mars
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 96
Join date : 2011-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Los Angeles California


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   24th September 2012, 2:21 pm

Doesn't anyone want to discuss our two favorite blonde Senshi? D:

___________________________

I was born under the star of Mars
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity
Posts : 3587
Join date : 2012-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Florida


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   24th September 2012, 2:27 pm

i love both of them, but Usagi more cause she gets the purty dresses....XD though i feel sorry for Minako for never being able to find love.

___________________________


Signature by Sailor Mercury
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 96
Join date : 2011-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Los Angeles California


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   25th September 2012, 5:04 am

@Crystalsetsuna wrote:
i love both of them, but Usagi more cause she gets the purty dresses....XD though i feel sorry for Minako for never being able to find love.

Ha-ha, which one do you think is the better CHARACTER though? You know, who's more interesting in your opinion regardless of outfits?

___________________________

I was born under the star of Mars
Back to top Go down
Sailor Poinsettia
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin


Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title : And the vultures all start whispering, "You're out of time."
Posts : 4107
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   25th September 2012, 6:15 am

I chose Minako because I feel like she has more depth than Usagi, over all. There's a lot more you are able to dig into with Minako. With Usagi, she is more pure and happy and loving and beautiful and that's it.

Minako has so many facets to her personality that it is fun to try to figure her out more than it is with Usagi.

I love them both though, as I love every character for different reasons xD But Minako is more interesting as a whole, so I choose her!

___________________________


  Beautiful signature by Sailor Neptune


Last edited by Verdandi on 25th September 2012, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://serapuu.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Louchan
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : 月の光は愛のメッセージ
Posts : 93
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 26
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   25th September 2012, 9:16 am

I love both of them, I think they're great characters, but I'm gonna have to stick with V-babe here. After all, she is my favorite character of them all so it would be odd if I didn't.

I agree with that Verdandi said. There is simply more to Minako than there is to Uasgi. Usagi is pure good, from the inside out, always believes in the good of everyone and always ends up doing what turns out to be the correct decisions because of it. (Well... except for comedic relief moments, obviously.) I... really don't want to use the term Mary Sue because of how negative it is, and like I said I really do like Usagi's character, but... in the end she's very perfect.

Minako on the other hand has more shades of grey in her. She shares many similar traits with Usagi, but she just has more negative sides to her. She doesn't always wanna put other people first, she wants to be selfish and just think of herself sometimes, she does lose faith at times, both in others and herself, and... well, she's just a more interesting character to me because of that.

... Oh, and keep in mind that since I haven't finished even half of the manga yet my opinion is almost purely going by the anime here, with a bit of the Sailor V manga mixed in there.

___________________________


I want to help you, I want to rescue you, if I can do it
I would even throw away my life, all for you...

Back to top Go down
Meyneth
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 464
Join date : 2011-08-18
Age : 29
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   25th September 2012, 12:25 pm

I posted this topic on tumblr as a highlighted debate. http://thegalaxycauldronforums.tumblr.com/post/32273865004/who-do-you-prefer-minako-or-usagi-join-the

I voted Minako, I will elaborate later though, as I don't have a lot ATM.

___________________________

Back to top Go down
http://rufusvismith.tumblr.com/
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^
Posts : 2757
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 23
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   25th September 2012, 2:19 pm

I love the both of them, Usagi and Minako are my two favorite characters, but I would have to go with Usagi because she inspires me more. She is a clutz and a crybaby, but she doesn't let it define her. People may see her as inferior, but she possesses such a great understanding of love that no one else in their universe is able to understand. She is able to completely push her self aside for the love of another person, no matter how much or little the person means to her. It's easy to say, "I'd take a bullet for you," but I feel like we don't really mean that when we say it. Usagi, however, would do it for anyone.This just really inspires me because I'm obnoxious and crazy and I don't pay attention to what I'm doing half the time, but there's so much more to me than that and I know that I'm still a valuable person who can accomplish amazing things like Usagi can.

___________________________


m o d    o f    GALAXY LOUNGE  &  GALAXY BROADCASTS   | |       o f f i c i a l    USAGI    o f   t h e   f o r u m s
avi by lust <3
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.twitter.com/brrrandiZZLe http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 26
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   25th September 2012, 2:30 pm

I love them both, but I have to go with Minako. Shocking isn't it? There's so much to Minako's character like how she can never find love. I also love her relationship with Artemis. They seem really close.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 96
Join date : 2011-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Los Angeles California


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   25th September 2012, 3:14 pm

@Louchan wrote:
I love both of them, I think they're great characters, but I'm gonna have to stick with V-babe here. After all, she is my favorite character of them all so it would be odd if I didn't.

I agree with that Verdandi said. There is simply more to Minako than there is to Uasgi. Usagi is pure good, from the inside out, always believes in the good of everyone and always ends up doing what turns out to be the correct decisions because of it. (Well... except for comedic relief moments, obviously.) I... really don't want to use the term Mary Sue because of how negative it is, and like I said I really do like Usagi's character, but... in the end she's very perfect.

Minako on the other hand has more shades of grey in her. She shares many similar traits with Usagi, but she just has more negative sides to her. She doesn't always wanna put other people first, she wants to be selfish and just think of herself sometimes, she does lose faith at times, both in others and herself, and... well, she's just a more interesting character to me because of that.

... Oh, and keep in mind that since I haven't finished even half of the manga yet my opinion is almost purely going by the anime here, with a bit of the Sailor V manga mixed in there.

Squeeeeeee! I'm so glad my favorite Senshi is winning, it really shows you the awesome power of love and beauty huh? Wink


Though honestly while Usagi does have some Mary-Sue like qualities, I wouldn't say that's the reason I prefer Minako ((At least as far as the manga goes)) It's just that in the manga, Usagi seems so... well, bland, compared to Mina-chan, you could definitely tell that she was an expy of her. I also don't get why people say the two girls are so similar, I mean the only similarity about them is that they love eating, sleeping, video-games, manga and slacking off. Other than that, Usagi is much more quieter, subdued and sensitive compared to Minako, who's really your typical energetic, genki girl with strength and guts. Also, while I do think Usagi is deep, I think there's a layer of depth to her feelings that even she doesn't possess, that Minako does.

Truthfully I always felt resentful how after the Sailor V manga, Minako took a backseat to Usagi when SHE was the original character! I know, I know, the series was now called "Sailor Moon" but that didn't mean they had to focus solely on Usagi, while shafting the other girls, ESPECIALLY the original! Plus she got shafted even more in the anime, when her leader role was usurped by Rei. ((Who I also love, probably my second favorite Inner, but come on you don't just switch positions like that!))

Again, I just think Minako would've made for a much more interesting main character than Usagi and I wish we would've seen more of her, she's just boss okay! I seriously look up to her and think she's one of the strongest, if not THE strongest fictional lady I've ever had the pleasure of reading/watching.

___________________________

I was born under the star of Mars
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 96
Join date : 2011-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Los Angeles California


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   27th September 2012, 9:26 am

@brrrandiZZLe wrote:
I love the both of them, Usagi and Minako are my two favorite characters, but I would have to go with Usagi because she inspires me more. She is a clutz and a crybaby, but she doesn't let it define her. People may see her as inferior, but she possesses such a great understanding of love that no one else in their universe is able to understand. She is able to completely push her self aside for the love of another person, no matter how much or little the person means to her. It's easy to say, "I'd take a bullet for you," but I feel like we don't really mean that when we say it. Usagi, however, would do it for anyone.This just really inspires me because I'm obnoxious and crazy and I don't pay attention to what I'm doing half the time, but there's so much more to me than that and I know that I'm still a valuable person who can accomplish amazing things like Usagi can.

Quite honestly, this describes her anime ((and to an extent her PGSM self)) more. I fail to see how Usagi was so "clutzy and ditzy" in the manga. She was actually quite normal and responsible compared to Minako in Sailor V! So I'll never understand how people could see her manga self in that way, which is my main issue with manga Usagi. She's just so... bland. I mean yeah, we see the darkness in her heart in the manga and she goes through a lot of introspectiveness that helps her develop as a character, but personality wise she's not that special. Minako easily overshadows her, just read Sailor V and you'll see. However when it comes to the anime, then yeah Usagi and Minako are basically on the same level personality wise.

___________________________

I was born under the star of Mars
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   27th September 2012, 10:01 am

I am going to go with manga usagi because anime Usagi is hella annoying! In the manga she's more mature and more sure of herself And her relationship with mamoru has so much more depth and isnt shallow like in the anime. I also like Minako though because she isn't all that flaky in the manga like the anime. She's serious, beautiful, and mature but overall I like Usagi better but only because we really get to see more depth to her character in the manga than in the anime but sadly both of these characters fall almost last on my list as being my favorites because I love the outers way more than the inners. It usually goes

1. Jupiter
2. Neptune
3. Pluto
4. Saturn
5. Uranus
6. Moon
7. Mars
8. Venus
9. Mercury
10. Chibimoon

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Takoto
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Wandering Cat
Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-09-20
Age : 22
Location : United Kingdom


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   27th September 2012, 11:04 am

I love both their characters, though I'm going to have to go with Usagi. She seems to have more character development throughout the series overall. I'm not saying Minako doesn't have character development! Just to me, it seems like Usagi has more. I prefer Minako's hair to Usagi's though... LOL...
Back to top Go down
http://takoto.deviantart.com
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 96
Join date : 2011-12-09
Age : 24
Location : Los Angeles California


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   28th September 2012, 3:36 am

@Takoto wrote:
I love both their characters, though I'm going to have to go with Usagi. She seems to have more character development throughout the series overall. I'm not saying Minako doesn't have character development! Just to me, it seems like Usagi has more. I prefer Minako's hair to Usagi's though... LOL...

While you COULD say overall, Usagi had deeper character development, I think Minako had deeper character traits in particular, besides I think she grew tremendously from "Codename: Sailor V" till the end of the Stars Arc. If you read all the manga chapters and carefully analyze them, you'll see that she's accepted her destiny as a Senshi and has matured into a true leader.

___________________________

I was born under the star of Mars
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   28th September 2012, 12:54 pm

@EurAsianGirl wrote:


Truthfully I always felt resentful how after the Sailor V manga, Minako took a backseat to Usagi when SHE was the original character! I know, I know, the series was now called "Sailor Moon" but that didn't mean they had to focus solely on Usagi, while shafting the other girls, ESPECIALLY the original! Plus she got shafted even more in the anime, when her leader role was usurped by Rei. ((Who I also love, probably my second favorite Inner, but come on you don't just switch positions like that!))


In anime Usagi is the leader, not Rei. As it should be.

I haven't read Sailor V manga, but on reading Sailor moon manga I was struck how Minako overshadows other girls. In anime they were more treated qually.

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Miss Cosmos
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : jesus take the prndl
Posts : 118
Join date : 2012-11-20
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   23rd November 2012, 1:05 pm

Well, the thing is (I'm using the manga incarnations), Minako was always a bit silly, but when push comes to shove, she was instantly serious and everything. However, Usagi actually developed along the way, and wasn't really silly as time went on. For that reason, I'll have to pick Usagi.

___________________________



Credit to Augusta Nekochan for the blue Cosmos sig
Back to top Go down
http://parkinglatte.tumblr.com http://www.youtube.com/user/EmilyParkinglot
Sailor Symphonia
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Guardian of Music ♥
Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-11-18
Age : 20
Location : Washington


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   23rd November 2012, 1:46 pm

I'm picking Usagi because throughout the series we see a great transformation in her, literallya nd figuratively. From the first episode/chapter to the last she transcended from a crybaby girl to a mature and powerful woman. She's learned to accept her destiny no matter the cost and she'd give anything to save the universe. Although I love Minako to pieces, Usagi I think has had the most development. Also Usagi was blessed with lovely outfits and a great family and future family

___________________________





Signature By Lust and NQS ♥


Back to top Go down
http://arina-tsuki.tumblr.com
InitialA
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Herald of the New Age
Posts : 182
Join date : 2012-11-21
Age : 27
Location : Ohio


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   23rd November 2012, 11:16 pm

While I do love them both and I love picking them apart (and switching them around to see shenanigans happen--I firmly believe there's a reason that Venus and Ceres share a hair color with their princesses: body doubles!), I have to go with Usagi.

Usagi has hidden depths that most people ignore or pass over. We see them from time to time, but most people go with the "She's perfect and loves everything/one, no need to go further" aspect of her character.

She has watched her friends die so many times. SO. MANY. TIMES. She does weigh the consequences of what she needs to do versus the potential outcomes. The entire world's fate rests on her, because she possesses the most power. That has to mess with a person's perspective. All of the "what ifs" she has to deal with.

She's a goofball in the anime, for sure, but we always see her reverting into her serious, desperation by the end of each conflict, because the weight of everything she puts off is finally crashing in on her. If she wasn't silly and took enjoyment out of the little things she does, she would probably collapse. (to misquote Matt Smith about the Doctor: "900 years old and all the blood on his hand. He has to make jokes and wear funny hats, because otherwise he'd hang himself." I think Usagi has many similarities here, except she's not alone, and if her friends were gone... Well, you saw how she was at the end of Stars)

People don't give Usako enough credit. Wink

___________________________

I'm just this girl, you know? Who does some stuff. Sometimes.



Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/initial_a2007 http://initiala.tumblr.com http://youtube.com/midnightarticuno
Vaas Rutten
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 127
Join date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   16th January 2013, 4:16 pm

Speaking on the anime version, it's hard for me to say. I would like to say it's a tie. They are pretty much on equal playing field for me but I do give the slight edge to Minako just because of her "lunatic"moments like when she (spoiler) wanted her pure heart snatched or all of those little times where she would mix up famous quotes.
Back to top Go down
GataKika26
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-12-28

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   29th December 2015, 8:31 am

Well, I read all your comments about this debate and I decided to leave my opinion about this subject like all of you. But I warn you that many will not like what I will wrote.

Before I go to more deep details, I can say already that between Minako and Usagi, my favourite is Usagi. Yes, between the original sailor senshi and her copy, I prefer her copy. She is my 2º favourite character from Sailor Moon, in 90´s anime, in Crystal and in manga. My 1º character is Tuxedo Mask all his presentations. So, by order, my favourites characters are 1º Tuxedo Mask, 2º Usagi, 3º Minako. I think these characters are the more interesting to me.

Why I prefer Usagi? Before I arrive to that answer lets talk about the perfil of these two characters. I already saw both Sailor V and Sailor Moon mangas. And for what I saw, since the beginning that Minako, although her bet grades in school, that entered with the right foot in battles since her first day as Sailor V. She was fearless, brave and more physically prepared. And not just as a senshi, but as a normal person too. She was energetic, funny, she never cries, or not as a crybaby, and she was always ready to enter in a battle. So, in a few words, Minako is the perfect senshi and the perfect protagonist.
While Minako had everything and all the perfection from the beginning, Usagi started from zero, from nothing. She wasn´t good in school or in sports. In a few words, she was nothing until Luna entered in her life. She only had her pure heart and innocence. And in her first battles she was full of fear because she didn´t know how to get ride of that situation. So, comparing Minako and Usagi with this, Usagi is the imperfect protagonist. And yes, I prefer the imperfect protagonist much more than what I prefer the perfect protagonist. Why? Because is with Usagi imperfections that I learned. She has so many things that Minako doesn´t have for her being to much perfect. Usagi is someone who get rid of her fears with time, and when she does it, she reflects about her mistakes, she learns with them and she turns stronger because of that, and I dare to say, much more stronger, mature and balanced than Minako. That was something that I missed from Minako in both mangas. Because Usagi reflects a lot about her mistakes and she learns with them. Usagi´s life was full of achievements to make her arrive to the top, and Minako´s jorney wasn´t so that difficuld, and she never reflects about her mistakes. She is always the same person while Usagi develops. 

For much I love Minako and her Sailor V manga, I find her personality to much unbalanced. She can be energetic and silly, and serious and brave at the same time, and that frustrates me. She passes from an extreme to another so fast, almost in an insane and bipolar way. And her bravery many times arrives to an unbalanced point, like kicking Makoto and Motoki when they wanted to steal the silver Crystal. I know it was in self defence, but she did it in sush an insensitive way, like if was their duty to receive a blow like that for being controlled by the enemies, even if was against their will. And to Motoki, a guy who was her friend since her Sailor V times.
Usagi is more balanced than Minako. Her determination is so misterious and she never arrives to that unbalanced anger that Minako has, what make me thing that she has more control over herself than Minako. Usagi isn´t bland, she just has more control over herself, while Minako arrives to an insane point of euphoria. 

And the last thing that I like In Minako is her leadership. She is always to much authoritarian with the senshi, always imposing her decisions over them, like if their opinions didn´t count, just hers. This is not being a leader, sorry. Usagi is without doubts a better leader than her, because she treats her friends like equals, and makes them fight for love, not just for duty. 

For what I being seeing, Usagi has more fans than Minako, but also has more haters than Minako, specially because she assumed her place as protagonist, but I think Usagi is a more original protagonist than Minako because she started everything from zero and finished turning better than anyone else, even better than the original senshi. 

I know why many prefer Minako as protagonist. Because she is perfect and doesn´t make mistakes as a senshi. In a few words, you want the perfect protagonist, but I prefer the imperfect protagonist. I think we can learn more with her than with Minako. And Minako is to much insensitive as a soldier, while Usagi has many other facets which she shows in a balanced way. She can cry, she can make mistakes, she can be strong, she can be sweet, and she reflects about herself what is very important.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Crystal Winter
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin


Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 8557
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 29
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   29th December 2015, 9:21 am

I didn't know we even have this topic o.o

I like both characters very much, in fact these two are my top two favorite characters. Minako, though, edges out a bit more, because she's so much more interesting and complex than Usagi. It's funny that you say Minako is the perfect one while Usagi is not because in the manga, after the first arc, I feel that Usagi has become this perfect soldier who knows exactly what to do and is always strong enough to unite everyone and never loses. She kind of lost her charm as the arcs progressed, which is why I'm glad the anime didn't do that.

Minako on the other hand is so layered. Yes, she has a very contrasting personality between Sailor V and the Sailor Moon series, but I think that's because one key thing happened; her memories came back and she remembered who she was. Before then, she was innocent, and was free to be as carefree as possible. Even so, I feel that she never completely loses her happier side, which makes me glad, because the Minako I love is the one who has both. It's not bipolar, she's just a complex and layered character. This puts off a lot of people, but I think it's just because they don't understand. They either try to pigeonhole her into the stereotype of ditzy blonde or they think her personality makes no sense because it's not just one thing. I think it's a shame because that's the great thing about Minako and what makes me love her so much. I deeply, deeply love complex characters. Minako's journey is the one we didn't see, from Sailor V to the main Sailor Moon series. She used to be the girl who falls in love with everyone in Sailor V, and yet even though we saw she had a crush on Kunzite in the past, she didn't hesitate to kill him when he endangered Usagi's life in the main series. If that's not learning from her mistakes, I don't know what is.

For both characters though, I prefer the deeper characterization that the anime gave them. It feels more well-rounded, and the manga's characterization has never been its strong point. Most of the senshi that aren't Usagi gets nothing which is the major complaint people have about Crystal.

___________________________

  
       
 ♥
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/whitemoonlady http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com http://aftersix.livejournal.com
GataKika26
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-12-28

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   29th December 2015, 6:01 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I didn't know we even have this topic o.o

I like both characters very much, in fact these two are my top two favorite characters. Minako, though, edges out a bit more, because she's so much more interesting and complex than Usagi. It's funny that you say Minako is the perfect one while Usagi is not because in the manga, after the first arc, I feel that Usagi has become this perfect soldier who knows exactly what to do and is always strong enough to unite everyone and never loses. She kind of lost her charm as the arcs progressed, which is why I'm glad the anime didn't do that.

Minako on the other hand is so layered. Yes, she has a very contrasting personality between Sailor V and the Sailor Moon series, but I think that's because one key thing happened; her memories came back and she remembered who she was. Before then, she was innocent, and was free to be as carefree as possible. Even so, I feel that she never completely loses her happier side, which makes me glad, because the Minako I love is the one who has both. It's not bipolar, she's just a complex and layered character. This puts off a lot of people, but I think it's just because they don't understand. They either try to pigeonhole her into the stereotype of ditzy blonde or they think her personality makes no sense because it's not just one thing. I think it's a shame because that's the great thing about Minako and what makes me love her so much. I deeply, deeply love complex characters. Minako's journey is the one we didn't see, from Sailor V to the main Sailor Moon series. She used to be the girl who falls in love with everyone in Sailor V, and yet even though we saw she had a crush on Kunzite in the past, she didn't hesitate to kill him when he endangered Usagi's life in the main series. If that's not learning from her mistakes, I don't know what is.

For both characters though, I prefer the deeper characterization that the anime gave them. It feels more well-rounded, and the manga's characterization has never been its strong point. Most of the senshi that aren't Usagi gets nothing which is the major complaint people have about Crystal.
I respect your opinion but I don´t agree when you say that in manga Usagi losted her happiness. What happened is that there are more battles and the manga, since is small, it shows more the personallity of the senshi and more about Usagi in the last battles. But she is still the same happy person, the only problem is that. 

And, I´m sorry, but, Minako´s bipolar attitudes still bother me. Her personality pass from an extreme to another just like that. While Usagi, When she passes from sad to happy, and the contrary, she always reflects about her actions, She learns with them. Many say that she is weak because she cries all the times but, if you see well, her sadness and love is what give her strengh. Is what make her reflects about her mistakes. While Minako never things about her mistakes. A really big exemple of this is her Dream arc, when she couldn´t transformated. She just leaved her leadership duty just like that, she even screamed to the girls, leaved them, and them she returned again to them, just like that, like if that never happened. I´m sorry but I think the senshi deserved an apologises from her after that. I wouldn´t accepted her just like that.

And she is always saying that she is the leader, the leader. One of the reasons why I never apreciated her leadership. A leader needs to have confidence in himself, but not to the point of spend his time saying that he is the leader. A leader is not someone bossy. A leader is someone who tries to win the trust of his friends, counting with their participation in his decisions, not making decisions for them just like that, like Minako does a lot of times. How can Minako treats her friends in sush a relaxed way in her ordinary life and then treats them like submissives when she is a senshi, spending almost her time giving them orders, like if they had to follow her by force, like I feel them a lots of times in manga?
And how could she give a kick to Motoki and Makoto, and them talk with them after that like if that never happened? I know it was in self defence but, It seems that she things that her friends have the duty to receive a kick or be killed when they are over the controll of the enemies, even if it happens by force. That is another thing that bothers me in Minako. She doesn´t care with who she fights or hurts. Enemies, controlled humans it seems that they only mean fight for her. In Crystal she did something that made me think that she had a heart has a fighter. She tried to gave to Endymion´s warriors a chance to remember who they were. Because they were being controlled like in manga and in Crystal. They never wanted to be controlled, and she knew that, and the senshi didn´t think about that when they killed them in manga. It seems that Minako only unite the senshi for their duty, while Usagi´s unites them for their loyalty as friends and to make them fight for love and justice, not just for duty.

I think Usagi is the one who has more sides to show, the only think is that she isn´t unbalanced like Minako to show them. While Minako shows anger when she fights, Usagi shows determination, balance and mistery , what I love so much. USagi´s expressions when she fights are so misterious. I really love that side of hers.

Sorry, but I really prefer Usagi. I know she is the copy of Minako but she was the one who started her senshi career all from zero. She was the one who needed to fight more and I admire her for that. For me she is a more original protagonist than Minako, specially because she isn´t perfect.
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Posts : 396
Join date : 2015-11-17
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   1st January 2016, 8:09 pm

I like Usagi in PGSM because she's not as helpless and stronger than the anime.  Minako, I like in the manga and anime, mainly due to her story(in the anime) and how strong she is(in the manga).
Back to top Go down
GataKika26
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-12-28

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   2nd January 2016, 4:17 pm

I respect all the opinions in here, but there is one thing that annoys me about Venus´s fans. All of you say that, in manga, she is very strong, what I know it´s true. But you know that Usagi is strong too, right? It seems that you forgot that. Of course she wasn´t strong at the beginning like Minako when she turned into Sailor V, but she learned a lot with herself and other times with the help of the others and she turned very stron, and I dare to say, much more strong and balanced than Minako. Because she doesn´t have the need to have those attacks of rage that Venus has when she wants to fight. Many like that from Venus, but she annoys me with that because I find her to much bipolar. 

I understhand one thing from Venus´s fans. Many of you hate Usagi, not because of her mistakes, but because she took Sailor V role as protagonist when Sailor Moon Manga came out. You just see Usagi´s mistakes has a motive to hate her more. And since Minako was always perfect and showed always strenght,she was a badass everytime she was a senshi, you don´t want to waste your time with a imperfect protagonist like Usagi who isn´t perfect at all in battles and took more time to win strenght. The Psychology is this one. I´m not judging you because of that. I understhand your indignation. I just don´t care that Usagi took her place. In fact I like her more than Minako because I find her with more balance than Minako when she matures.
But at least admit that Usagi is a strong senshi, sometimes with insecurities, but she always reflected about her mistakes and she turned into better senshi. And while Minako doesn´t mind to show all her anger in battles, Usagi show it in a misterious way, without loosing her balance. 
I just don´t agree when you say that Minako is more mature than USagi and the others. She could have been the first senshi to appear, but she always has those bipolar attitutes from pass to energetic and silly, to suddenly serious and furious. Is almost insane. 

I prefer Usagi because she doesn´t have those attitudes.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Crystal Winter
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin


Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 8557
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 29
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   3rd January 2016, 8:23 am

Please don't generalize. I love Minako very much but Usagi is my second favorite character. I actually stated in my earlier post that I felt after the first arc Usagi has become this perfect soldier who knows exactly what to do and is always strong enough to unite everyone and never loses. So not only 1) I like Usagi a lot, 2) I also think she's strong. What you thought about Minako I actually thought about Usagi - she became too perfect in the later arcs.

The bipolar thing is your opinion, doesn't necessarily mean it's true. I'm not sure when these "attacks of rage" that you're talking about happened because I honestly don't remember that happening.

___________________________

  
       
 ♥
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/whitemoonlady http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com http://aftersix.livejournal.com
GataKika26
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-12-28

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   3rd January 2016, 8:37 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Please don't generalize. I love Minako very much but Usagi is my second favorite character. I actually stated in my earlier post that I felt after the first arc Usagi has become this perfect soldier who knows exactly what to do and is always strong enough to unite everyone and never loses. So not only 1) I like Usagi a lot, 2) I also think she's strong. What you thought about Minako I actually thought about Usagi - she became too perfect in the later arcs.

The bipolar thing is your opinion, doesn't necessarily mean it's true. I'm not sure when these "attacks of rage" that you're talking about happened because I honestly don't remember that happening.
I´m not talking about each others opinions. I know that those things I think about Minako are my opinion and I´m not forcing anyone to agree with it. Like I said before that I never like Minako leadership because of those things I said before, but, like you said, is my opinion. 

My only indignation is because many people say that Minako is this and that and they forgot Usagi´s actions because of that.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jinglebell
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director


Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 3030
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 24
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   4th January 2016, 11:08 am

Hello!
This is a reminder to please keep it civil when engaging in discussion.
Disagreeing with a theory or opinion is okay, criticizing a person is not.
Thank you!

xoxoxo
Henshinyo
Moderator

___________________________

 
 

Back to top Go down
Sailor Nike
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : Second Exorcist
Posts : 80
Join date : 2014-09-13
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   9th January 2016, 5:32 pm

Though Usagi is adorable and gentle, I´d go for Minako. She´s my favorite senshi. And I feel sad sometimes, because Venus was the leader and veteran at first, but she then got into Moon´s shadow... Mina is way more interesting as a character.

___________________________


Someday you shall be free...
Back to top Go down
http://terumi-kantoku.tumblr.com http://azure-crystal-lotus.deviantart.com
GataKika26
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-12-28

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Minako or Usagi?   2nd February 2016, 4:51 pm

Henshinyo wrote:
Hello!
This is a reminder to please keep it civil when engaging in discussion.
Disagreeing with a theory or opinion is okay, criticizing a person is not.
Thank you!

xoxoxo
Henshinyo
Moderator
Well. If you are talking about my actions them I advice you to have the decency to say that to AsianGirl because she passed all the time interfering in the opinions of those who prefered Usagi and try to make them change of opinion.
Back to top Go down
 

[Debate] Minako or Usagi?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Theories, Debates and Headcanons-