HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who Should it Be?
Ami
15%
 15% [ 3 ]
Rei
10%
 10% [ 2 ]
Makoto
30%
 30% [ 6 ]
Minako
45%
 45% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20
 

AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 4565
Join date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 2:42 pm

Look! Its a debate where you can run wild with personal opinions so I can't bite your head off! That's new! Yay!

So far we've had four main versions of Sailor Moon, an anime, a manga, musicals and a live-action series in each version the character assigned to Usagi's best friend or Usagi's runner up seems to change, now the question is, who will it be in 2013? Who do you WANT it to be in 2013.

Quick Summary:

Manga: Minako it seems, she seems the most dedicated and loyal and ever-prepared and is often the go-to to explain things. We've also had an entire series about her as Sailor V. She's also the assigned leader.

Anime: Rei, Rei is the one Usagi rushes to every time something's happening, they bicker constantly but that's just how they show their love fore each other, even though Ami is introduced earlier, Rei is usually the first announced.

Musicals: Ami, the most obvious, with about ten musicals that focus on her and more solos than anyone, Ami is usually the one who follows Usagi around and the one Usagi spends the most time with, other musicals focus on Minako occasionally but this is only about 4, meanwhile Makoto gets one and has to share with Rei and Haruka at that.

Live-Action: I think this is the most disputable because its the most evened of the versions. But I would say Makoto, Makoto is the only one who manages to keep up in all the different plotlines right till the end, you might argue its Ami because she got a whole arc to herself, but even in that arc she wasn't always in focus, in fact occasionally she would have to say "remember me?" because she was absent quite often, there's much more going on, and after this arc Ami is really the first character to fade out, she gets one more plotline with her mother but after that her role in the series seems to have been finished and she's bumped into a sidekick-y role supporting Moon with Luna. Makoto is the one who is still around after the series, Makoto's the one who interferes with Mamoru and Usagi's relationship to protect Usagi, Makoto goes around helping Ami and Rei, Makoto is the only one who understands Minako in the end, its Mako Mako Mako all the way through.

So who do you want in the new series? Who do you think it will be? Now that it seems everyone's had a chance

I think it will be Rei, since the anime is the most notable version , people are the most familiar with it and they may want to keep that, however I'd like it to be Minako, the original, its time to get back to the roots!


___________________________


Voluntarily Deactivated Account!


Last edited by Houyou no Senshi on 2nd February 2013, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GlassDreams
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Sailor V fan
Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Crystal Tokyo


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 3:07 pm

I would also like for it to be minako(and not just because shes my favorite)

Even if minako is arguably the closest to usagi in the manga, the structure and fast pace of the manga makes it hard to fully develop the characters and have them grow. Even if minako has sailor V thats just her development in the beginning. Besides if they are going to follow the manga more in the new series it would make sense to make minako the closest.

___________________________

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 3:13 pm

I hope it'll be Minako too since I would like to see that on screen. Or Makoto like in PGSM.

Really, I just hope there's a lot more character development in the anime, like PGSM.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 3:30 pm

i hope its more equaled up myself. i would like to see all the senshi friendships more developed myself but if were picking favorites here then ill say Mako because of PGSM.

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 4565
Join date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 3:31 pm

@GlassDreams wrote:
I would also like for it to be minako(and not just because shes my favorite)

Even if minako is arguably the closest to usagi in the manga, the structure and fast pace of the manga makes it hard to fully develop the characters and have them grow. Even if minako has sailor V thats just her development in the beginning. Besides if they are going to follow the manga more in the new series it would make sense to make minako the closest.

Yeah I agree with this, she's secured the role but there's not really much time to develop it properly or as well as the other versions

Anjyu wrote:
i hope its more equaled up myself. i would like to see all the senshi friendships more developed myself but if were picking favorites here then ill say Mako because of PGSM.

I think equaled would be best but there'll have to be one who comforts Usagi the most and who she runs to first I think, it would be too difficult to balance everything perfectly and may come off static if it does.

___________________________


Voluntarily Deactivated Account!
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)
Posts : 10797
Join date : 2012-07-25
Age : 28
Location : São Paulo/Brazil


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 3:45 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
I hope it'll be Minako too since I would like to see that on screen. Or Makoto like in PGSM.

Really, I just hope there's a lot more character development in the anime, like PGSM.

THIS ^

I couldn't have put it better

___________________________


Graphics by all the lovely GC folks
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br http://twitter.com/mi_makochan http://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Posts : 4565
Join date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 3:46 pm

POLL ADDED

___________________________


Voluntarily Deactivated Account!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus


Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 20318
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 29
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 4:06 pm

Oh this is hard!! Umm... I think I'm with the majority here and with Minako. I loved how in Dark Kingdom, Usagi is the one hugging her the most after they are all revived. Then in Black Moon, Venus is around after everyone gets captures. Venus Venus Venus. She is best. Very Happy

But I think it would also be great to keep some of the anime Rei and Usagi friendship dynamic in there, since their personalities would clash so often.

It would be cool too if there would be times of "Ami and Mako best friend time" or "Minako and Rei best friend time" or something to that extent.

I could see Usagi being best friends with everyone too, but I'm with Miki in that it wouldn't quite work out as well. Decisions why D:

___________________________


Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽
Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 4:18 pm

While I voted Makoto in the poll (mainly because she's my fave), I feel that it will most likely be Minako who will be Usagi's best friend. If they are going to be truly faithful to the manga, then why wouldn't they?

I would find it interesting though, if they made Makoto her BFF like in PGSM, mainly because Makoto seems to be the least appreciated Inner Senshi, but I'd also like to see all of the friendships be equally focused on.

___________________________


Avatar by Jupiter | Pixel by JA | Sig by Me
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^
Posts : 2757
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 23
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 4:24 pm

If she does have a "best friend" I think Rei or Mako would be the best choices. I don't agree with making it Mina, because we basically have two Usagis. The people who like Usagi usually like Mina just as much because they're so similar. If you have the main characters as Usagi and like Mako or someone, you please the Usagi-lovers AND the Mako-lovers, which aren't as likely to overlap. It just makes sense more mathematically. (I hope that was clear :p)

I like the idea of Rei because she and Usagi are so different. But I also like the idea of Mako because she seems like she would be a really good friend. She's not only reliable, comforting and loving but she's also a lot of fun and that's what I think Usagi would need the most.

___________________________


m o d    o f    GALAXY LOUNGE  &  GALAXY BROADCASTS   | |       o f f i c i a l    USAGI    o f   t h e   f o r u m s
avi by lust <3
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.twitter.com/brrrandiZZLe http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus


Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 20318
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 29
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 4:30 pm

@brrrandiZZLe wrote:
If she does have a "best friend" I think Rei or Mako would be the best choices. I don't agree with making it Mina, because we basically have two Usagis. The people who like Usagi usually like Mina just as much because they're so similar. If you have the main characters as Usagi and like Mako or someone, you please the Usagi-lovers AND the Mako-lovers, which aren't as likely to overlap. It just makes sense more mathematically. (I hope that was clear :p)

I like the idea of Rei because she and Usagi are so different. But I also like the idea of Mako because she seems like she would be a really good friend. She's not only reliable, comforting and loving but she's also a lot of fun and that's what I think Usagi would need the most.

I could really argue about Minako and Usagi having same personalities. They really aren't "clones" like people seem to think. Even in the anime....they are quite different. If you are just basing off the anime, I can understand your decisions (cause I totally adored the Usagi x Mako dynamic in PGSM and wouldn't mind seeing that again) but I disagree with it being because Minako is just a 2nd Usagi.

___________________________


Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3



Last edited by Small Lady on 2nd February 2013, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 4:34 pm

I agree with Britt... I don't think she's that much like usagi after reading Sailor V and the Manga.

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽
Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 4:46 pm

I am also in agreement with Small Lady. I can understand why someone whose only watched the anime (but even then, they still had some differences in their personalities even in that) would think that they are super similar, but they really aren't.

I do agree with one point in your opinion, though, Brandi, that they would basically be appealing to same amount of fans if they made Usagi and Minako friends. I've rarely met a person who isn't a huge fan of the two of them, not just one or the other. It would be interesting to have her be friends with one of the other Inner Senshi, despite the fact that its obvious in the manga that she's closest to Minako.

___________________________


Avatar by Jupiter | Pixel by JA | Sig by Me
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)
Posts : 10797
Join date : 2012-07-25
Age : 28
Location : São Paulo/Brazil


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 4:49 pm

so, i'm an exception? i really like usagi, but don't really like minako.

___________________________


Graphics by all the lovely GC folks
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br http://twitter.com/mi_makochan http://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 4:58 pm

^ THIS

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽
Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 5:17 pm

Yes, you would be the exception, Mako. XD

___________________________


Avatar by Jupiter | Pixel by JA | Sig by Me
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus


Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 20318
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 29
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 5:50 pm

Well tbh, I was never a huge fan of Venus until I read the Sailor V manga and rewatched the anime and PGSM. She kinda got more amazing to me. xD But I sorta view her as a different person depending on which version we're talking about.

Honestly, I would be happy with anyone, except maybe Ami, cause I don't know if Ami would be good for the Usagi crying feels when she remembers her past. I think Minako is best for that because, IF the new anime follows the manga a bit more closely than the classic anime, Minako regained all of her memories first. So she understands the wave of emotions Usagi gets once she remembers the past. Minako, at least during the Dark Kingdom arc, would make sense to become best friends with.

But a lot depends on how they are going to go about the new anime too...

But I can def either see Usagi and Minako, Usagi and Rei, and Usagi and Makoto.

___________________________


Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 26
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 6:48 pm

For some reason I want Mako to Usagi's bff in this version. I don't know why I just do.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽
Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 7:30 pm

Actually, I think I would be fine with her being BFFsies with anyone, except for... Ami. Sorry, Ami. I just don't find you that interesting (except for in PGSM), and I'm in agreement with you, Small Lady, I just can't see her being able to support Usagi when she becomes upset. I could the others, especially Minako, but Ami not so much.

___________________________


Avatar by Jupiter | Pixel by JA | Sig by Me
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 7:34 pm

Someone thought it should be Ami! *points at poll*

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 26
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 7:35 pm

Poor Ami. She needs some love too.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽
Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 7:39 pm

Well, what about poor old Rei? The gal has no votes at all! XD

Well, to be fair, if Ami being Usagi's best friend meant she would actually be get some development and depth, I'd probably be alright with it (and actually start to like her). I mean, I actually loved her in PGSM, because she had a really interesting arc and wasn't overshadowed by the other characters.

___________________________


Avatar by Jupiter | Pixel by JA | Sig by Me
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 7:41 pm

Ami was mY favorite character in PGSM.

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽
Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 7:45 pm

She was one of my faves as well (and the icing on the cake was her momentarily becoming a villain, because I'm a sucker for villains).

And gee, now we're getting off topic.

So, is anyone gonna vote for poor Rei? XD

___________________________


Avatar by Jupiter | Pixel by JA | Sig by Me
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 26
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 7:49 pm

Well Rei was already Usa's bff in the one old anime. Razz

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽
Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 7:54 pm

True, true. Its time for another to ascend the throne as Usagi's new anime BFFsie. Sorry, Rei, but you've already had your time in the limelight. XD

___________________________


Avatar by Jupiter | Pixel by JA | Sig by Me
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus


Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 20318
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 29
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 8:24 pm

maybe if they go far enough that we get the Outers, it turns out Usagi is BFFs with like Setsuna or Michiru. XD (I'd actually be SOOOO down for Setsuna cause of the musicals...)

___________________________


Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 26
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 8:25 pm

That would be neat Brit! I would be down for that too!

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   2nd February 2013, 8:27 pm

Small Lady wrote:
maybe if they go far enough that we get the Outers, it turns out Usagi is BFFs with like Setsuna or Michiru. XD (I'd actually be SOOOO down for Setsuna cause of the musicals...)

I will just pop in to say that I definitely do agree with you Brit ^^ I love the moments when Setsuna is like a big sister for Usagi~

___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Miss Tricks
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Clouds
Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-02-01
Age : 24
Location : Mobile, Alabama


PostSubject: Re: DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013   3rd February 2013, 7:30 am

I can't pick between the four of them - it seems to me that Usagi is the kind of person who would go to whoever is most appropriate for whatever problem she has. If she needs a shoulder to cry on... it depends on why she's crying.

I think it would be really cool if Usagi and Mamoru were closer to each other. I don't actually remember any instance in the anime where Usagi went to Mamoru for help with anything she considered serious (that didn't concern Chibi-Usa or Mamoru himself). It would be nice if the new anime developed some sort of friendship between them beyond being Destined Lovers.

Secondary (self-indulgent) choice: ...Naru. >_>

___________________________


Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/MistressTricks http://miss-tricks.tumblr.com/
 

DEBATE: Who do you want to be Usagi's best friend in 2013

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Theories, Debates and Headcanons-