In my Hands
79%
 79% [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   8th April 2013, 2:05 pm

I like the online version, because it doesn't take up any space in my house. I have enough stuff laying around that I don't have space for.

I also personally never understood some people's love of having a paper book. My entire family is that way with books and I just don't get it.

Siggies by: Lust, Mi Mako Chan, Brandi, NQS, Uranus, Sailor Candy, Mary, SailorKittyEleon and me! (Hopefully I didn't forget one!)
GC's Official Setsuna 
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   8th April 2013, 8:57 pm

Saturn Skyy wrote:
I like the online version, because it doesn't take up any space in my house. I have enough stuff laying around that I don't have space for.

I also personally never understood some people's love of having a paper book. My entire family is that way with books and I just don't get it.

As a collector, its more of that need to have it in your collection, physically. Also, I have plans to build up a mini library for my future house. ^^

Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
LadyShizuka
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Official Sailor Cosmos of GC

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   8th April 2013, 9:52 pm

I can't bring myself to read Sailor Moon online, I mean I will read other online. But really it depends, I don't do it very much.
This is why I've bought all of the new Sailor Moon manga so far.. I just need to get the newest one soon. Smile

Thanks to all the GC Members for Siggies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/LadyShizukaCosplay http://www.tumblr.com/blog/ladyshizuka http://ladyshizuka.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/LadyJian
LunarCharm
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Comrade of the Moon

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   9th April 2013, 2:29 pm

In my hands. Unless there's zero chance of a manga being licensed over here, I will always buy a physical copy due to my collector's mentality. Very Happy The few times I do read manga online, I always end up with a painful headache afterwards.
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   20th May 2013, 8:14 pm

I can't STAND having to read manga online. Clicking every time I want to go to the next page, having to constantly scroll from top to bottom because the scan is so big, and knowing how manga is specially made to be read quickly...its just a real pain that sucks the enjoyment out of whatever i'm trying to read.

I much prefer physical copies, and my 400+ volume collection is proof of that. However, whenever I really want to continue a series, but either my library doesn't have it or I can't afford to buy it, I download it as a zip file and put it on my kindle and/or read it on m computer with my comic reader program, as its the closest I can get to the "feel" of reading a physical book.

Speaking of my kindle, the screen on that thing is really something...it actually looks like printed paper!

Signature by Ai No Senshi

MyAnimeList Deviantart
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   20th May 2013, 8:21 pm

I prefer to have the book in my hands it just makes it easier for me to read but some times I have no choice but to read it online i'm getting close to that with Sailor Moon gotta read 5 and 6 online than I can read the actual book for 7 and than it's back to reading online until I finish the series.

Avatar and Sig by Princess Moon. Bumpers by Small Lady Thanks ^^ 
Back to top Go down
http://murabuchou.livejournal.com/
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   20th May 2013, 8:23 pm

I'm lazy and broke, so online for me!

Love, Sailor Candy 
Avatar and signature by myself, Bumpers by Sailor Mercury and Tsuki
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
yukine
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   23rd May 2013, 3:21 pm

I prefer to have the book in my hands, it's a whole different experience and as a collector I need to have the physical copies ^^ Unless I can't get them, that's when I read online but it's so uncomfortable for my eyes >.<
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   23rd May 2013, 4:14 pm

I like both!

I often go to Barnes and Noble to read manga before deciding to buy them. I also like reading online.

I buy to collect, and since my manga are collections, I don't like opening them often. I read the book once, then it goes on my shelf like a precious treasure but because I can read a manga over and over and over again, I adore being able to read it online.

I've destroyed manga copies before by over reading them. The pages and covers become brittle over time and end up ripping easily, the binding gets all screwed up or comes completely loose, and the pages can feather or fade too. Moisture and time also effects them the more each page is opened and closed :/

I like to keep them pretty^^

I really wish Nook from Barnes and Noble or the Kindle from Amazon would make their tablets for Manga lovers as well as the novel lovers out there. that way the scrolling wouldn't be an issue u.u it's been a dream of mine since the book tablets were made. Huge letdown when I tried buying manga on these things, they just don't offer them yet u.u
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   23rd May 2013, 4:43 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
I really wish Nook from Barnes and Noble or the Kindle from Amazon would make their tablets for Manga lovers as well as the novel lovers out there. that way the scrolling wouldn't be an issue u.u it's been a dream of mine since the book tablets were made. Huge letdown when I tried buying manga on these things, they just don't offer them yet u.u

Actually, the regular B&W kindles are already great for reading most series like Bleach, One Piece, Bakuman, xxxHolic, Fairy Tail, and lots more (just be careful of series with small panels/print as they can be really difficult to read).

Introducing...Mangle

Just download a manga as zip file of images, convert it with mangle, and put it on a kindle. It looks great too, thats what I mostly use my Kindle for. Lol.

...And I know, I'm terrible, downloading manga instead of buying it, but I DO buy it, I just don't like buying it in digital form.

Signature by Ai No Senshi

MyAnimeList Deviantart
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   23rd May 2013, 5:44 pm

YOU ARE MY HERO! It's okay, I download too but I buy the ones I love the most, some I just read even though they aren't really doing it for me. I can't form a bad opinion on a series until I've read the entire thing through, but I can love a series I haven't finished. The ones I like I buy for my collection, the others are just for the reading experience^^
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   24th May 2013, 12:48 am

I prefer the feel of holding a book, and I like to collect manga in general.

Tuxedo Kamen was here.
Back to top Go down
Funny Woman
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Winner

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   3rd July 2013, 6:45 pm

I like collecting manga. So therefore I'm all for books over scans. I also like supporting an industry that I get a lot of enjoyment out of. They don't make a dime if you read it online!

If it's something obscure, out of print, hard to find or something that will probably never get an English release, I may sneak over to mangafox and have a peek. It's not the same at all, and I don't like sitting and reading things like that on a screen as it hurts my eyes.

It's like watching movies on the computer, I can't do it for a long time.

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   3rd July 2013, 6:47 pm

Quote :
 I like collecting manga. So therefore I'm all for books over scans. I also like supporting an industry that I get a lot of enjoyment out of. They don't make a dime if you read it online!

If it's something obscure, out of print, hard to find or something that will probably never get an English release, I may sneak over to mangafox and have a peek. It's not the same at all, and I don't like sitting and reading things like that on a screen as it hurts my eyes.

I could be a bit over tired but for some reason the majority of that seemed to ryhme, or maybe it was just the way I was reading it in my head. I dunno. I should go to bed. I think I just rhymed... 
Back to top Go down
Funny Woman
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Winner

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   3rd July 2013, 6:50 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Quote :

I could be a bit over tired but for some reason the majority of that seemed to ryhme, or maybe it was just the way I was reading it in my head. I dunno. I should go to bed. I think I just rhymed... 

Holy crap, it kind of does. I didn't even notice that. Maybe I should go to bed?

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   3rd July 2013, 7:37 pm

XD me too me too, I should go to bed but I don't want too!

I'm stuck in a rhyme and now I wanna do it all the time >.>
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neith
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : The Official Mistress 9 of the GC.

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books   3rd July 2013, 7:39 pm

I prefer having the manga in my hands to read.
I always tend to think that the art looks better in person as opposed to online. Plus, it'll have that new-manga smell. <3

.:Mentored by CrystalSetsuna | Signatures were made by Sailor MercuryLust, and Marianne:.
Back to top Go down

POLL: Manga Online or Manga Books

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-