HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 1:02 am

What do you guys think? I mean it's obvious that they are a serious couple, so who's to say they never got engaged/married?

This idea came to me because I was thinking about how in the manga, the two of them wore rings as a promise regarding Hotaru (yes I know Setsuna did too but *scoots her over* that is beside the point (sorry Sets T.T)). I mean, if they could wear rings for that, who's to say they didn't like the idea and didn't want to always wear rings for one another?

So, why do you think this is probably what happened? If you disagree, KINDLY and respectfully share why you disagree.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus


RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic
Posts : 10050
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Kaguya Shima


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 1:20 am

*nods* I have always believed that they actually got engaged/married (probably when they were on vacation in France or something. You just got me to notice that I have a headcanon about this Tuxie XD Thank you for reminding me about this ^.~)

Actually Haruka and Michiru wore rings (probably the promise ones but we cannot be sure about that) in Kaguya Shima Densetsu Myu, at least in the Kaiteban, so I really do believe that they continued to wear them as Kaguya's story happens after the end of Stars arc.


___________________________


“Can you hear it; the sound of the deep sea's waves?"
{ Graphics by me }
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Sailor Poinsettia
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin


Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title : And the vultures all start whispering, "You're out of time."
Posts : 4107
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 27
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 2:32 am

I dunno. I don't think Haruka and Michiru really need to be married or engaged to really strengthen or justify their relationship. I think they have a bond with one another that cannot be denied and being married or not wouldn't change that <3

However, if they did, I think they probably wouldn't involve the government and get officially married, but instead would maybe have a little ceremony with the ones they love? As just a little way to celebrate their love for one another, maybe exchange rings since they do seem to like that =P

I guess what I am trying to say is that they already *are* married, in all the senses of the word, and don't really need to make it official to make their relationship more meaningful or anything.

Besides, they're beautiful enough as it is

___________________________


  Beautiful signature by Sailor Neptune
Back to top Go down
http://serapuu.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 26
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 6:42 am

I think they would eventually get married. To me getting married is celebrating your love for someone else that you want to spend the rest of your life with. You're not proving anything or strengthening anything. I think they would love to celebrate their love in such a way. However I dont think they would have a huge wedding. They probably would just have the inners, the other outers, and mamoru there.

Plus with weddings you have fun parties afterward! They would have an awesome party and Mako would make delicious food!

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Leg Lamp
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director


Inner Senshi Admin Member Support Director

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!
Posts : 7575
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 27
Location : San Antonio, Texas


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 7:02 am

I do not think that Haruka and Michiru would ever need to get engaged or married for emotional reasons, because it feels as if their relationship has developed past that. However, I wouldn't be too surprised if they ever got married for other reasons, such as financial reasons. If anything, I think that would be an adorable wedding shared amongst friends and family. I can kind of picture Minako and Usagi teaming up to get Michiru and Haruka to marry.

___________________________

 

 Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^
Posts : 2757
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 23
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 1:29 pm

I think if the story were to take place today, they would possibly wear a ring or act as if they were married or whatever. But simply because their story was written in the early 90's, I doubt they did. I know the early 90's weren't THAT long ago (whoa... actually, that was 20 years ago... freakingout) but I mean, the whole gay marriage thing really only escalated recently. I don't think they would have considered it at that time because, kind of going off of what Venus said, I think their relationship was based on their souls being created/destined to be one soul. I feel like they are so deeply connected through every fiber of their being that they don't even consider earthly means of matrimony (especially in the 90's), because their relationship is so far beyond social customs.

___________________________


m o d    o f    GALAXY LOUNGE  &  GALAXY BROADCASTS   | |       o f f i c i a l    USAGI    o f   t h e   f o r u m s
avi by lust <3
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.twitter.com/brrrandiZZLe http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer
Posts : 3494
Join date : 2013-04-14
Age : 25
Location : Nao Takagi's House? yea yea I know I wish


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 2:02 pm

@brrrandiZZLe wrote:
I think if the story were to take place today, they would possibly wear a ring or act as if they were married or whatever. But simply because their story was written in the early 90's, I doubt they did. I know the early 90's weren't THAT long ago (whoa... actually, that was 20 years ago... freakingout)
OMG stop making me feel old I was born in the early 90's :lolz:

Any way I think maybe they might of thought of it at a later time but with it being Haruka and Michiru I see them treating it more as vow renewal more than anything. I truly believe that in their minds they already are married so it's more than likely something they never really thought of.

___________________________



 Avatar and Sig by Princess Moon. Bumpers by Small Lady Thanks ^^ 
Back to top Go down
http://murabuchou.livejournal.com/
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 5:51 pm

I don't see Haruka and Michiru getting married because their ultimately dedicated to protecting Usagi or Queen Serenity in the future. I feel like they're too devoted to their duties and one is willing to die even if the other must continue to live because of their vows as sailor senshi. I have always felt the outers have lived a much lonelier existence than the inners because I feel like they would get to stay on earth during the reign of Crystal Tokyo to protect Queen Serenity. The others would have to one day go to their respectable planets I feel to protect the outer system. There's a lot of speculation and fanfiction about it, but I've always felt Haruka and Michiru would always put duties over matter of the heart even though their completly devoted to each other.

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 5:57 pm

@Cerechan wrote:
I don't see Haruka and Michiru getting married because their ultimately dedicated to protecting Usagi or Queen Serenity in the future. I feel like they're too devoted to their duties and one is willing to die even if the other must continue to live because of their vows as sailor senshi. I have always felt the outers have lived a much lonelier existence than the inners because I feel like they would get to stay on earth during the reign of Crystal Tokyo to protect Queen Serenity. The others would have to one day go to their respectable planets I feel to protect the outer system. There's a lot of speculation and fanfiction about it, but I've always felt Haruka and Michiru would always put duties over matter of the heart even though their completly devoted to each other.

I'm not entirely sure about that Razz

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 6:02 pm

Well that's just my theory. I think they would all sacrafice any love they may have for the sake of their queen. I'm thinking of the time when Eudial tried taking their pure heart crystals, and I think it was Haruka who said that no matter if one of them died they must complete their mission.

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 6:03 pm

Oh sure she SAID that. But I really don't think they'd be able to last that much longer without the other. Like if either once of them were killed, the other would get killed sooner after. I really feel like, they have such a bond that they couldn't live without the other.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 6:09 pm

Well I'm just throwing my "opinion" out there since this a debate. I guess I feel like they would be able to make it for the sake of Usagi because their purpose is to PROTECT her.

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 6:12 pm

Yes... o.o what is your point? A debate, also entails "back and forth discussion" of sorts.

And well, yes. I feel they have loopholed that very nicely, actually. They can still protect her and be together in terms of marriage Wink cause I'm sure Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion would let them get married if they wanted to. Usagi wouldn't deny anyone happiness.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere: Formerly Anjyu
Posts : 5945
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 28
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   25th April 2013, 6:16 pm

I'm sure she would! I kind of see Michiru as the one asking Haruka though. I kind of think Haruka might keep putting her off until she finally relented after several years of pressure.

___________________________


Sig made by Batgirl 
Back to top Go down
Http://www.ponilicious.forumotion.com http://sera-jupiter.tumblr.com/
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 25
Location : Arendele


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   29th April 2013, 1:43 pm

Here is how I would see this. michiru would plan some romantic night for the two of them, ending in a candlelight dinner by a lake. That is when Michiru proposes to Haruka (not with a diamond, but I dont know what yet). Haruka is surprised, as she never thought about marriage, but is incredibly happy.

Really they are only interested in having a quiet, simple ceremony with the people they love. They arent interested in a big reception or getting legally married. Minako hears about this and decides that she must take it upon herself to give them a "proper wedding" with all the fancy frilly stuff. Minako gets all of the inners in on it and they create a beatiful, but giagantic wedding

On the day of, everything goes great, although Haruka and Michiru feel that the wedding wasn't "them". Michiru probably liked it better than Haruka. Either way, during the commotion of the reception, they sneak away and find the same moonlit lake that Michiru proposed at and they quietly recite the vows they wrote for each other. They then just lay there by the water and watch the stars until the inners come and find them.


Oops, that was long

___________________________



Siggies by: Lust, Mi Mako Chan, Brandi, NQS, Uranus, Sailor Candy, Mary, SailorKittyEleon and me! (Hopefully I didn't forget one!)
GC's Official Setsuna 
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   29th April 2013, 2:08 pm

Saturn Skyy wrote:
Here is how I would see this. michiru would plan some romantic night for the two of them, ending in a candlelight dinner by a lake. That is when Michiru proposes to Haruka (not with a diamond, but I dont know what yet). Haruka is surprised, as she never thought about marriage, but is incredibly happy.

Really they are only interested in having a quiet, simple ceremony with the people they love. They arent interested in a big reception or getting legally married. Minako hears about this and decides that she must take it upon herself to give them a "proper wedding" with all the fancy frilly stuff. Minako gets all of the inners in on it and they create a beatiful, but giagantic wedding

On the day of, everything goes great, although Haruka and Michiru feel that the wedding wasn't "them". Michiru probably liked it better than Haruka. Either way, during the commotion of the reception, they sneak away and find the same moonlit lake that Michiru proposed at and they quietly recite the vows they wrote for each other. They then just lay there by the water and watch the stars until the inners come and find them.


Oops, that was long

I really like this. Sounds very cute and very realistic for the two of them!

And I'm just happy that most agree that they would probably get married or are "already married" in their minds. \o/

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 25
Location : Arendele


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   29th April 2013, 2:45 pm

If they never did get married, I would assume that it is because they were always unofficially married. i can't imagine many people would feel otherwise

___________________________



Siggies by: Lust, Mi Mako Chan, Brandi, NQS, Uranus, Sailor Candy, Mary, SailorKittyEleon and me! (Hopefully I didn't forget one!)
GC's Official Setsuna 
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 11:36 am

My opinion is that they didn't.

Michiru and Haruka to me are such a strong and true love, they don't need to but I think it's more then that. I believe they are soul mates and true loves but I also believe they don't mind not being monogamous. they don't mind flirting, being a bit scandalous and I imagine it only gives them more of a thrill. They do like to live a bit more on the edge and dangerously then the others and they are far from conventional.

I believe, they have and always will love each other and at the end of the day they only want to be in each others arms. Nothing and no one will ever change that.

However, we see they don't mind spreading their wings and while it's such a huge taboo to think of it, it is true for some that you can love/like others even though you already have a committed true love. Some people think it's wrong and it's not always a good idea but I don't see Haruka and Michiru would have a problem with this because Michiru is the ocean, she is wild and free and unyielding and uncontrollable and Haruka, as the wind, is the same exact way but at the end of the day water always touches air and vice-versa. Forever connected but still in some areas, separated.

To them because of their unconventional views, marriage wouldn't be necessary and I don't think they are monogamous and they don't mind having other temporary partners.

Just my thoughts. I know people won't like this but people also didn't like that they're lesbians so don't anyone get upset by this, it's just my opinion. I've come to this conclusion because of the flirting and kissing they've so freely done with others throughout the different series of Sailor Moon and this in no way implies they do not love each other fully. In fact it implies the opposite, they love each other so much trust will never be an issue with them. Despite any other flings they have they won't care because they will always trust and love each other no matter what^^
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 12:04 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
My opinion is that they didn't.

Michiru and Haruka to me are such a strong and true love, they don't need to but I think it's more then that. I believe they are soul mates and true loves but I also believe they don't mind not being monogamous. they don't mind flirting, being a bit scandalous and I imagine it only gives them more of a thrill. They do like to live a bit more on the edge and dangerously then the others and they are far from conventional.

I believe, they have and always will love each other and at the end of the day they only want to be in each others arms. Nothing and no one will ever change that.

Flirting doesn't necessarily mean they'll be scandalous or not faithful to one another. All you ever see with those two and anything in terms of flirting with others are like, very light hearted or sometimes completely over someone's head. Except to one another. They know it when they see it. Also, if they are soulmates, why not?

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
However, we see they don't mind spreading their wings and while it's such a huge taboo to think of it, it is true for some that you can love/like others even though you already have a committed true love.

Yeeeeah....where is this? I don't think we ever see anything like this. I think, at most, we see Haruka kiss Usagi in the manga and Michiru flirt with Mamoru. So...they're a little different, but I still wouldn't think they're likely to really go to others. I think the kiss Haruka gave Usagi was just to mess with her.

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Some people think it's wrong and it's not always a good idea but I don't see Haruka and Michiru would have a problem with this because Michiru is the ocean, she is wild and free and unyielding and uncontrollable and Haruka, as the wind, is the same exact way but at the end of the day water always touches air and vice-versa. Forever connected but still in some areas, separated.

To them because of their unconventional views, marriage wouldn't be necessary and I don't think they are monogamous and they don't mind having other temporary partners.

Still don't really see.

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Just my thoughts. I know people won't like this but people also didn't like that they're lesbians so don't anyone get upset by this, it's just my opinion. I've come to this conclusion because of the flirting and kissing they've so freely done with others throughout the different series of Sailor Moon and this in no way implies they do not love each other fully. In fact it implies the opposite, they love each other so much trust will never be an issue with them. Despite any other flings they have they won't care because they will always trust and love each other no matter what^^

No one is upset. No worries. We are going to disagree on things. That is life.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 12:18 pm

Quote :
Flirting doesn't necessarily mean they'll be scandalous or not faithful to one another. All you ever see with those two and anything in terms of flirting with others are like, very light hearted or sometimes completely over someone's head. Except to one another. They know it when they see it. Also, if they are soulmates, why not?

I didn't say anything about them being unfaithful. Being unfaithful is only seen in relationships where they don't except other partners. In my theory this wouldn't be an issue like I said. For Haruka, her love of Usagi isn't light hearted and she kissed her. She probably loves Usagi as much if not more or less then Michiru.

Quote :
Yeeeeah....where is this? I don't think we ever see anything like this. I think, at most, we see Haruka kiss Usagi in the manga and Michiru flirt with Mamoru. So...they're a little different, but I still wouldn't think they're likely to really go to others. I think the kiss Haruka gave Usagi was just to mess with her.

Michiru is a huge flirt in the manga and anime and in my opinion, she wears the pants, not Haruka. You are competely missing the point I am trying to make here and I stated that in the final chapters of my theory that them spreading there wings doesn't mean they are being unfathful or that they are "likely to go to others".

Quote :
Still don't really see.

Ook.... that's because this isn't your theory, it's mine.

Quote :
No one is upset. No worries. We are going to disagree on things. That is life.

I'm sorry, it sounded like you were upset a bit. You have your theory and I have mine. I only asked people not to get upset just because they don't see things the way others to because I see it does upset people at times and I don't want my opinion to upset people and this theory is based on an open relationship which I know is VERY upsetting to people especially if they believe in having monogamous relationships, marriage and have ever been cheated before and can't see that open relationships as good things.

It's all about personal preferences.

Being in an open relationship doesn't mean you are being unfaithful or that you are choosing someone else. Open relationships aren't "friends with benefits" they are real relationships. Two people can absolutely love each other more then life and death itself.

Michiru and Haruka exhibit this kind of relationship. They have ABSOLUTE trust in one another. They love each other more then they value life and death. they are very sensual people. Haruka loves women, Michiru likes woman AND men. I have an open mind towards this things because I have quite a few friends who are gay as was my brother before he died and I myself am bisexual. Open relationships to those that don't really have much a preference and those that are gay tend to be in or have had open relationships.

Like I've stated in my last comment Haruka and Michiru will always love each other and always be together but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them having other temporary partners. It's just a lifestyle some choose and I see them choosing that from their own actions, relationship and personalities. It doesn't mean their love is any less and it's not about unfaithfulness because we can all agree they have unbreakable faith and trust in each other.

It's just my theory and nothing it going to change that^^
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 12:31 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
I didn't say anything about them being unfaithful. Being unfaithful is only seen in relationships where they don't except other partners. In my theory this wouldn't be an issue like I said. For Haruka, her love of Usagi isn't light hearted and she kissed her. She probably loves Usagi as much if not more or less then Michiru.

Doubt it. Kissing someone doesn't mean you love someone. I mean, it's clear Haruka loves Usagi, but I wouldn't necessarily say in romantic/sexual terms. Maybe, but eh.


@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Michiru is a huge flirt in the manga and anime and in my opinion, she wears the pants, not Haruka. You are competely missing the point I am trying to make here and I stated that in the final chapters of my theory that them spreading there wings doesn't mean they are being unfathful or that they are "likely to go to others".

But what you are missing, dear, is that doing little things does not mean Haruka nor Michiru love others as much as they love each other or mean they're doing anything "serious" with others (such as having an open relationship). They're relationship is interesting and yes the flirting and even Haruka kissing Usagi can be seen as odd, but I still don't think they're carrying on an open relationship. I mainly think they do it as strange/extreme measures to make each other jealous.

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Ook.... that's because this isn't your theory, it's mine.

Your point? The point of this sort of thing is to get people to see your side and see what you see/are explaining. Otherwise, what is the point in partaking if you're basically just posting to post?

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
I'm sorry, it sounded like you were upset a bit. You have your theory and I have mine. I only asked people not to get upset just because they don't see things the way others to because I see it does upset people at times and I don't want my opinion to upset people and this theory is based on an open relationship which I know is VERY upsetting to people especially if they believe in having monogamous relationships, marriage and have ever been cheated before and can't see that open relationships as good things.

....how...? o.o by partaking and by stating your opinions like bam bam bam bam doesn't mean you are upset. Upset is by using snappy language, rude language, etc. Which, isn't present

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
It's all about personal preferences.

Being in an open relationship doesn't mean you are being unfaithful or that you are choosing someone else. Open relationships aren't "friends with benefits" they are real relationships. Two people can absolutely love each other more then life and death itself.

Michiru and Haruka exhibit this kind of relationship. They have ABSOLUTE trust in one another. They love each other more then they value life and death. they are very sensual people. Haruka loves women, Michiru likes woman AND men. I have an open mind towards this things because I have quite a few friends who are gay as was my brother before he died and I myself am bisexual. Open relationships to those that don't really have much a preference and those that are gay tend to be in or have had open relationships.

Like I've stated in my last comment Haruka and Michiru will always love each other and always be together but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them having other temporary partners. It's just a lifestyle some choose and I see them choosing that from their own actions, relationship and personalities. It doesn't mean their love is any less and it's not about unfaithfulness because we can all agree they have unbreakable faith and trust in each other.

It's just my theory and nothing it going to change that^^

I can understand that. However, there isn't enough evidence that says they are in an open relationship. Some people are natural flirts. Doesn't mean they're looking for temporary partners or are in an open relationship.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 1:00 pm

Quote :
Doubt it. Kissing someone doesn't mean you love someone. I mean, it's clear Haruka loves Usagi, but I wouldn't necessarily say in romantic/sexual terms. Maybe, but eh.

In my opinion she does^^

Quote :
But what you are missing, dear, is that doing little things does not mean Haruka nor Michiru love others as much as they love each other or mean they're doing anything "serious" with others (such as having an open relationship). They're relationship is interesting and yes the flirting and even Haruka kissing Usagi can be seen as odd, but I still don't think they're carrying on an open relationship. I mainly think they do it as strange/extreme measures to make each other jealous.

Only Haruka seems to get jealous and even then it's more comical then serious. When it came to Seiya in the anime it was serious but Haruka disliked Seiya for many many reasons. Haruka is jealous of men but that's a jealousy of all men in general as stated many times, not just men flirting with Michiru. Michiru gets a little jealous but she doesn't tell Haruka to stop, knock it off, she doesn't shun her. The little jealousy adds to the excitement and it's because it's exciting. These relationships are hard to be in if you can't be 100% open, honest and loving of each other like Haruka and Michiru are. I've been in these types of relationships where they've worked and ended and we're still friends and I've been in them and they've ended poorly. Being 26 I can see it working and have had the experience and open mind for it. This is a very adult theory and Sailor Moon was aimed at young adults but it was hardly a sexualized manga/anime so they wouldn't show any extremes, but they did hint at it.

Quote :
Your point? The point of this sort of thing is to get people to see your side and see what you see/are explaining. Otherwise, what is the point in partaking if you're basically just posting to post?

My point is you're disagreeing but not trying to see it from another point of view. I can see the others theories for the good ideas as they are but this is mine, just try and keep an open mind when it comes to opinions that aren't in par with your ideals because this is a debate. Look at the whole of my theory, do you disagree with everything or just the non-monogamous part? My theory had many aspects to it and you are only debating this part^^

Quote :
....how...? o.o by partaking and by stating your opinions like bam bam bam bam doesn't mean you are upset. Upset is by using snappy language, rude language, etc. Which, isn't present

I was a bit put off by "
Quote :
Yeeeeah....where is this?
" and "
Quote :
you are missing, dear, is that doing
" these come off as a bit snappy to me and which is why I assume you are upset with my theory instead of merely disagreeing. Perhaps I'm wrong and sorry if I am but these in particular seem snappy to me.

Quote :
I can understand that. However, there isn't enough evidence that says they are in an open relationship. Some people are natural flirts. Doesn't mean they're looking for temporary partners or are in an open relationship.

I can agree that it's debatable on them being flirts or being in an open relationship but that is all beside the point. You made this topic on the premises of them getting married and I don't seem them getting married because I feel that it's unnecessary for their lifestyle and they aren't concerned with those type of things. In their minds, they are true loves, soul mates like I said in my first comment, and they are unconventional and to me it seems more then just flirting. To me, they are very sensual people. Their vows do not need to be spoken, voiced or held in a ceremony to feel that it is real. It's like I said before.

Michiru is the ocean, she is wild and free and unyielding and uncontrollable and Haruka, as the wind, is the same exact way but at the end of the day water always touches air and vice-versa. Forever connected but still in some areas, separated.

They will always be together no matter and nothing, no one needs to validate that and nothing and no one can change that.

Marriages have laws and rules and is until death do you part. I don't see Michiru and Haruka not being together after death. I see them being together always.

Yes I know Mamoru and Usagi got married and they went from one life to the next loving each other but in the Silver Millennium they were not married so that doesn't count and that's besides the point^^

Instead of continueing to argue my thoery because we can go back and forth like this all day like I said I won't change my mind on it but I'm not the kind of girl who is a one theory only person. I look at theories as most being possible if I agree. I can believe in two different theories that contradict each other because they are after all theory and not fact.

For the sake of not doing this all day, what is your theory? You have shared you agreement and disagreement on others and you said you like the idea of them getting married but let's hear your full take on your own idea

How do you see them getting engaged and being married?
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 1:07 pm

Oh well, I'm sorry dear if I came off that way. I didn't mean for it to seem upset. I promise I am fine and I am trying to see it from your POV as well. It's difficult a little bit, but, I am trying to get it and see where you are coming from. Because you do make some nice points

I see them most likely getting engaged/married in a scenario that was listed above! This one to be precise.

Saturn Skyy wrote:
Here is how I would see this. michiru would plan some romantic night for the two of them, ending in a candlelight dinner by a lake. That is when Michiru proposes to Haruka (not with a diamond, but I dont know what yet). Haruka is surprised, as she never thought about marriage, but is incredibly happy.

Really they are only interested in having a quiet, simple ceremony with the people they love. They arent interested in a big reception or getting legally married. Minako hears about this and decides that she must take it upon herself to give them a "proper wedding" with all the fancy frilly stuff. Minako gets all of the inners in on it and they create a beatiful, but giagantic wedding

On the day of, everything goes great, although Haruka and Michiru feel that the wedding wasn't "them". Michiru probably liked it better than Haruka. Either way, during the commotion of the reception, they sneak away and find the same moonlit lake that Michiru proposed at and they quietly recite the vows they wrote for each other. They then just lay there by the water and watch the stars until the inners come and find them.


Oops, that was long

Sounds very accurate to me. Plus, if they did decide to do it, even though they have duties as senshi, I don't think NQS would deny them the right and happiness to marry.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 2:17 pm

Glad you're not angry, in matters of open relationships emotions can sometimes run high^^

I completely agree NQS would never deny the others being able to marry. She even encourages them when their teens before and even after they found out about Crystal Tokyo to date^^

I never understood why people thought it was taboo. I image it being similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender. He has duties that he has to put above his love for Katara and that made a lot of people think he shouldn't be allowed to marry but he did and previous Avatar's married too. I think that it's just that the senshi are supposed to put their duty above their loved ones to protect their worlds and ALL loved ones against evil c:

Quote :
(not with a diamond, but I dont know what yet)









I like the last ones shape because it reminds me of a planet with a ring around it like their transformational pens but I'd add side stones^^ aquamarine and topaz c:

How about these based on aquamarine's since they are colors associated with both Haruka and Michiru or with topaz influences?

---

If they were to get married I'd see Michiru being the one to propose. To me it just seems like she's the one that wears the pants. The dominate partner. She's beautiful and elgenat but something about her personality is masculine and my opinions of them are more based on the manga with only subtle anime influences ^^ so I still see Haruka as having deminie qualities and Haruka to me has parts of her personality that scream of Minako and Usagi-like qualities lol

I'd imagine the engagement would be a private affair on a cliff with a gentle sloping path leading to a private beach. Windy with ocean's gently churning. It'd be at night, with stars gleaming in the sky and soft cloud's floating by on the wind.

Michiru would be there already playing her violen when Haruka drives up.

No words would be spoken as she'd play the violin, like we've seen in the series Music can heighten and show hidden messages and she'd be playing a soft romantic melody with images flooding Haruka's mind of a future of love and happiness, of the skies and the seas.

I'd imagine Haruka would be a bit confused and wondering what it's all about but enjoy it thoroughly nonetheless.

I'd imagine as the song ends Michiru would jump into the ocean and Haruka would follow. When they arrived on the shore of the private beach they'd be laughing and be lovely dovey and Michiru would have a clam shell in her hand and she'd give it to Haruka. When Haruka opened it she'd find the ring.

Haruka would probably be a bit silly-happy as we see she does sometimes when she says says yes^^ then she'd be super serious and sensual and then then she'd make a joke because Haruka doesn't like being serious for long and she's got a great sense of humor. Michiru would smile because she loves Haruka's randomoness.

I'd image Haruka would set up something similar because they are in sync with each other and what one does, the other does as well so she's set something up and play a magic filled tune on the Piano

Their wedding would involve all the senshi. Haruka would actually get very involved with it because I see her having too much fun being silly with Minako and Usagi and the others setting it up, and I'd see Michiru calm and enjoying it letting Haruka be in charge and she sips Tea and her and Setsuna make jokes only they're privy too

The ceremony would be held on a small island in the middle of the ocean with all their loved ones, Haruka would wear a white tuxedo, Michiru would wear a lovely dress and the senshi would be wearing bridesmaids dresses of navy's aquamarine and topaz colors(Haruka originally wanted them to wear ugly bridesmaid dresses because she was being funny but Michiru took charge and Haruka would sweatdrop say ok and say she likes pretty girls looking pretty anyways and then everyone would sweatdrop as they had another intimate convo in front them like they typically do)

And the afterparty Haruka would wear a tuxedo but with a mini skirt and Michiru would wear a tuxedo and it would be a carefree, happy, calm and classy but fun and full of laughs night where others would be invited including Kinmoku and Seiya and Yaten would get into an arguement with the bride and Michiru and Mamoru would dance and Usagi's cheeks would puff up until Haruka danced with her. Hotaru would dance with them both and she'd dance on their shoes and Michiru would calmly, alibet comically shove cake into Haruka's face and a foodfight would ensure^^

And for their honeymoon, Usagi would let them use the Moon Kingdom to their hearts content, as they'd be the only people on the moon and in the palace and they'd live happily ever after^^

My ideas are a bit in depth sometimes, that was fun^^!!!!
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 25
Location : Arendele


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 2:37 pm

In regards to an open relationship, I can see it go either way with them and I had never really considered that option (probably because the open relationships I have personally seen all went pretty badly)

I feel like if they did marry, either officially or not, they would not adhere to every single convention of marriage. If they had an open relationship before, they could continue to do so. I like the idea of them having some sort of ceremony just as a celebration of their commitment to each other.

Their relationship has always been on their own unique terms and I feel like marriage would not change that. they have never been afraid to go against the norms and this is no exception.

I am still deciding whether or not I wanna adopt this theory though.... I can see it, but I'm still personally unsure

___________________________



Siggies by: Lust, Mi Mako Chan, Brandi, NQS, Uranus, Sailor Candy, Mary, SailorKittyEleon and me! (Hopefully I didn't forget one!)
GC's Official Setsuna 
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer
Posts : 3494
Join date : 2013-04-14
Age : 25
Location : Nao Takagi's House? yea yea I know I wish


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 2:59 pm

I guess I can go with the Open relationship thing but really after the scene in the dressing room I really don't see Haruka dealing to well with Michiru being with anyone else while they are together. I just don't see Haruka being to tolerant of anyone even looking at Michiru in a way she would. but than again that could be my aversion to that kind of relationship speaking. and really like I said before I don't see either one of them treating this as an actual wedding more like just a vow renewal because I truly believe they see themselves as already married to each other so really they wouldn't need to make it official because in their minds it's already an official thing. If that last part makes any sense what so ever. OH and I do see all the girls in on it but do believe Hotaru would probably have a bigger part in it than the other girls would.

OK so my ideas really are not as elaborate as some I have seen.

But yea I could see one of them setting up this romantic date maybe like a candle light picnic on the beach or maybe something nice just the two of them. But seeing how in sync they both are I could picture them both deciding to propose on the same night. I think that which ever one didn't set up the date whatever it may be would decide "hmm this seems like something I would do to propose." and decide to take advantage of the whole thing. Than I could see Michiru dragging Setsuna out ring shopping with her and yet I could see Haruka taking one of the other girls out ring shopping with her Maybe Minako? (Hotaru? Usagi?). And than I could see them laughing about it in the end because they both tried to propose at the same time.

But yea that's just my idea on it reall not quit as exciting as some of the others but eh.


___________________________



 Avatar and Sig by Princess Moon. Bumpers by Small Lady Thanks ^^ 
Back to top Go down
http://murabuchou.livejournal.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 3:02 pm

Quote :
In regards to an open relationship, I can see it go either way with them and I had never really considered that option (probably because the open relationships I have personally seen all went pretty badly)

I feel like if they did marry, either officially or not, they would not adhere to every single convention of marriage. If they had an open relationship before, they could continue to do so. I like the idea of them having some sort of ceremony just as a celebration of their commitment to each other.

Their relationship has always been on their own unique terms and I feel like marriage would not change that. they have never been afraid to go against the norms and this is no exception.

I am still deciding whether or not I wanna adopt this theory though.... I can see it, but I'm still personally unsure

I can see that. I guess my idea of marriage I always thought of it as two partners only unless it was a harem type marriage like in Tenchi Muyo^^ now that you mention it though you're they could still wed and continue with an the open relationship^^

Most open relationships do end badly but not all. It's a very hard life-style that requires immense trust, loyalty, love and honesty and these are hard qualities to come by in today's culture sadly u.u but it isn't something I'd see Haruka and Michiru having a problem with. I doubt anything or anyone would come between them, not even Usagi(Not that she'd want to but just for an example)

Quote :
But yea that's just my idea on it reall not quit as exciting as some of the others but eh

It was exciting, I like the idea of Hotaru being very involved and I agree she considered Haruka and Michiru as her parents just like she does Setsuna and I'm sure she'll always feel that parental love towards them for rasing her from infancy even if it was a short time. Always share your opinion even if you don't think it's exciting someone else might
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 3:08 pm

Ari-chan wrote:
I guess I can go with the Open relationship thing but really after the scene in the dressing room I really don't see Haruka dealing to well with Michiru being with anyone else while they are together. I just don't see Haruka being to tolerant of anyone even looking at Michiru in a way she would.


Good point! I forgot about this.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 3:22 pm

Quote :
Ari-chan wrote:
I guess I can go with the Open relationship thing but really after the scene in the dressing room I really don't see Haruka dealing to well with Michiru being with anyone else while they are together. I just don't see Haruka being to tolerant of anyone even looking at Michiru in a way she would.


Good point! I forgot about this.

I did mention it though^^

Quote :
Only Haruka seems to get jealous and even then it's more comical then serious. When it came to Seiya in the anime it was serious but Haruka disliked Seiya for many many reasons.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer
Posts : 3494
Join date : 2013-04-14
Age : 25
Location : Nao Takagi's House? yea yea I know I wish


PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?   30th April 2013, 3:55 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Quote :
Ari-chan wrote:
I guess I can go with the Open relationship thing but really after the scene in the dressing room I really don't see Haruka dealing to well with Michiru being with anyone else while they are together. I just don't see Haruka being to tolerant of anyone even looking at Michiru in a way she would.


Good point! I forgot about this.

I did mention it though^^

Quote :
Only Haruka seems to get jealous and even then it's more comical then serious. When it came to Seiya in the anime it was serious but Haruka disliked Seiya for many many reasons.

I wouldn't have thought about it if you hadn't mentioned it. I was just saying what I saw from it. Really I don't think it had everything to do with it being Seiya. Sure that could have been part of the reason but I really think anyone would have gotten the same reaction out of Haruka for it. Michiru also coming right out and asking Haruka if she was jealous leads me to believe that was all their was to it. I think it was just Michiru's way of making Haruka jealous.

___________________________



 Avatar and Sig by Princess Moon. Bumpers by Small Lady Thanks ^^ 
Back to top Go down
http://murabuchou.livejournal.com/
 

Debate: Did Haruka and Michiru ever get engaged/married?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Theories, Debates and Headcanons-