HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Cocoa
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director


Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan
Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-09-24
Age : 29
Location : The Echanted forest looking for my unicorn pet


PostSubject: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   29th April 2013, 10:44 am

I searched over the old threads to check if this was discussed, i think it isn't (hopefully i'm right)
Ok, so i came up with this question a long time ago, actually after i re-watched the anime when i was older.
I got this theory base on the anime and a little bit of the manga.

You see, in the first episode when Luna tells Usagi "i've been looking for you and you must turn into Sailor Moon to save the planet and look for our princess", she did this to her based on "powers" she felt in her, but those powers were her Moon powers that she got by being Queen Serenity's daughter, not because she had Senshi powers, that's when i thought "Usagi wasn't meant to be Sailor Moon, she was meant to be found as the Princess only, and she must use her powers with the other senshi to save the planet".

Now, reading the manga i kept thinking about this theory, since when i reached R arc, King Endymion told Moon, Tuxedo Kamen and Venus in their first meeting that "Neo Queen Serenity lost most of her senshi powers and that's why she can't transform anymore". i personally think that, aside from royal duties, this was meant to happen because she wasn't suppose to become Sailor Moon.


What do you think?

___________________________


 
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit
Posts : 2801
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 20
Location : In Mugen Academy


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   29th April 2013, 11:01 am

I think Sailor Moon is something that wasn't supposed to happen.
it's just that after having been dormant for so long, the power of the silver crystal had an extra ammount of power that could only been evacuated by empowering Serenity, making her a Sailor Senshi. A tiny while after she became Neo Queen Serenity, her powers got back to their normal level and her powers as a senshi faded away. She can still transform, but it takes her more energy.

___________________________



Siggie by Lust
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 25
Location : Arendele


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   29th April 2013, 11:08 am

That is a really cool theory.

One thing that I am thinking is that Serenity planned it this way. Luna went to Usagi with the mission of finding sailor moon, who would then find the moon princess. Luna did not know all the details - Artemis however did know Usagi/Sailor Moon was the moon princess (if I remember correctly).

I always thought that the reason Luna did not know about Usagi being Serenity was to protect her. If Usagi knew she was the princess, then she might be caught by the enemy. If Artemis knew that Sailor Moon was the princess, hence in need of protecting via venus pretending to to the princess, then Sailor Moon must have been a part of the plan that Queen Serenity had

___________________________



Siggies by: Lust, Mi Mako Chan, Brandi, NQS, Uranus, Sailor Candy, Mary, SailorKittyEleon and me! (Hopefully I didn't forget one!)
GC's Official Setsuna 
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Sailor Cocoa
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director


Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan
Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-09-24
Age : 29
Location : The Echanted forest looking for my unicorn pet


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   30th April 2013, 10:59 am

@Mayo:
uhm...i think by the time Queen Serenity send everyone to the earth to reborn, they didn't spend in space that long, i mean, i think it was just timing.

@Skyy: i like your point of view!! i really haven't thought that.
But remember, for some reason, Luna didn't had her memories back by the time she met Usagi, Artemis did because he met Minako first (talking about Sailor V here), i get the feeling Queen Serenity wanted that, i mean for Artemis to had his memories first. and if Luna knew about Sailor Moon, maybe was because someone else was meant to be her, not Usagi.

___________________________


 
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   30th April 2013, 11:47 am

Very interesting idea!

I do believe she was meant to be Sailor Moon but she hadn't gotten that chance in the Silver Millennium. The power was there, Luna felt it. The means was their, her soul is the Silver Crystal, her senshi crystal and only senshi have senshi crystals.

I do believe Queen Serenity knew her was going to be a senshi and even used her daughters senshi crystal as a means to protect her daughter until she was able to protect herself.

I imagine it is very RARE for any senshi to be able to have their senshi crystal outside of their bodies. Galaxia's crystal existed outside her body as easily as Usagi's.

The senshi, as they god stronger also had their senshi crystals existing outside of their bodies.(Their heart crystals in the manga, once they become strong enough these heart crystals were essentially their sailor crystals thus the names. Mars Crystal, Venus crystal, etc. As we have seen in the manga, these crystals can take on various shapes and forms depending on their powers and as more power accumulates so do their abilities.)

We know that others can harness crystals that aren't their own. We see this when Usagi and Chibiusa harness the golden crystal's powers despite it belonging to Mamoru. Yes chibiusa is of his blood but Usagi isn't. So why wouldn't Queen Serenity be able to use her daughters?

I believe that after the crystal has reached it's peak, the crystal's form of a Sailor Senshi is no longer needed because when the crystal has reached it's maximum power and ability, it can be used without the need of being a senshi.

I imagine one day even the Sailor Senshi, Mars Mercury etc. would experience this as well and their senshi forms would become obsolete thus the reason a new generation is born. Sailor Chibi Moon and her Amazoness senshi.

Starting level, star seed, senshi crystal-various transformations of senshi crystals, final form.

Sailor Cosmos and Sailor Chaos aren't singular senshi crystals. They are build ups of ALL crystals as we saw in the manga pointed out by the lovely Miss Cosmos in this thread http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t3551-sailor-cosmos

Cosmos being all the light/hope/good, Chaos being all the dark/negative/bad

Just my little theory^^
Back to top Go down
horrormoans
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   13th May 2013, 8:50 pm

I kind of dig this theory if only because, for the most part, Sailor Moon doesn't have any offensive powers. Her powers, and by extension her character, are really based in healing more than anything else.

I'd expand on this if I was a little more coherent... but gosh, what a cool theory, ha-ha!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?
Posts : 5947
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 24
Location : Once Arizona, now Scotland


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   13th May 2013, 8:59 pm

Hmm...

I like what Mayo said, about Sailor Moon wasn't supposed to happen. I mean think about it; does Sailor Moon even make sense? First of all, the moon is a satellite, not a planet. Second of all, there are countless moons all over the universe.

Overall, I like Mayo's idea though. It makes sense. The only thing I'd comment on is, why would NQS want to transform when she is her strongest as the queen? She'd be taking a step backward as a senshi. I mean, even if she were Eternal Sailor Moon, as I believe Diana said in the manga, Eternal Sailor Moon is 2nd to NQS in power.

But other than that, Mayo's idea makes sense.

___________________________

Graphics thanks to NQS, Bubbles, Gemma, Mars, & Diana
Crystal Gem Universe
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cocoa
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director


Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan
Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-09-24
Age : 29
Location : The Echanted forest looking for my unicorn pet


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   14th May 2013, 9:44 am

@horrormoans wrote:
I kind of dig this theory if only because, for the most part, Sailor Moon doesn't have any offensive powers. Her powers, and by extension her character, are really based in healing more than anything else.

ha!! i forgot about that
and i'm backing up my theory , why she's the only one who can heal? i mean everyone has their own crystals, they could also have healing powers! but only Serenity!

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
I imagine one day even the Sailor Senshi, Mars Mercury etc. would experience this as well and their senshi forms would become obsolete thus the reason a new generation is born. Sailor Chibi Moon and her Amazoness senshi.

That doesn't make much sense, the inner senshi are meant to protect the royal family, that's why they were born, and the outer senshi have to make sure no one from other galaxy comes to this one, if they lose their crystal powers to henshin, they will be very vulnerable, and i also think, the only reason the amazon quartet exist is because they're meant to protect Lady Serenity, as the inner senshi are mean to protect NQS.

But since NQS wanted to Lady Serenity to be better than her, and send her to the past, and now she can henshin, i also think by the time she must be the new queen, she will lose her senshi powers and the amazon quartet won't, she would be focused on royal duties.

i want more people to participate! this is good "research" for my story

___________________________


 
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
horrormoans
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   14th May 2013, 10:13 am

Haine wrote:
@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
I imagine one day even the Sailor Senshi, Mars Mercury etc. would experience this as well and their senshi forms would become obsolete thus the reason a new generation is born. Sailor Chibi Moon and her Amazoness senshi.

That doesn't make much sense, the inner senshi are meant to protect the royal family, that's why they were born, and the outer senshi have to make sure no one from other galaxy comes to this one, if they lose their crystal powers to henshin, they will be very vulnerable, and i also think, the only reason the amazon quartet exist is because they're meant to protect Lady Serenity, as the inner senshi are mean to protect NQS.

But since NQS wanted to Lady Serenity to be better than her, and send her to the past, and now she can henshin, i also think by the time she must be the new queen, she will lose her senshi powers and the amazon quartet won't, she would be focused on royal duties.

i want more people to participate! this is good "research" for my story

Expanding on that, what attacks and abilities we've seen Chibi-Usa have are a little more on the offense than her Mother's defensive/healing ones. Pink Lady's Freezing Kiss is an attack, heck, even Pink Sugar Heart Attack is, ha-ha!

I agree, I think the Amazon Quartet are there to protect Chibi-Usa similar to how the Guardian Senshi are to Usagi. They each have their own duties to tend to, they may go into retirement in the future, but my personal headcanon is the never "lose" their abilities unwillingly. They'd protect their Queen as long as she would need protection.

Also, although this is a really recent thought (AKA I just thought of this after reading your post, ha-ha!). I like to imagine Chibi-Usa as a "warrior queen". Maybe Hotaru Heloise can stick to the royal duties while Chibi-Usa takes care of the things that call for defending her home. I haven't reached SuperS yet (it's the one season I've never watched or read in full), but I think Heloise' abilities have similar healing properties a la NQS, or at least abilities that do more good than essential harm. It would be cool to see Chibi-Usa mirror her father and Heloise mirror her Mother in that sense, I really like that role reversal, especially since what tidbits we've seen of older!Chibi-Usa kind of have her out to be a little more "rougher around the edges" (I want to say more studious, sophisticated and logical in some regards) than her Mother.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   15th May 2013, 2:19 pm

I just think that way because to me, the senshi weren't born to protect the Moon Kingdom, they merely had an alliance because they love the moon family.

Senshi are born to protect their own planets. Sailor Mau was born to protect the planet Mau and it's life just as Prince Endymoin was born with the golden crystal to protect the Earth.

The power is born to protect those that you love and that is the meaning of being a Sailor Senshi. They were all born in the galaxy cauldron, and brought to the planets they were destined to protect with the gift of being a senshi.

Their crystals are their souls and they can't live without them.

Quote :
The senshi, as they god stronger also had their senshi crystals existing outside of their bodies.(Their heart crystals in the manga, once they become strong enough these heart crystals were essentially their sailor crystals thus the names. Mars Crystal, Venus crystal, etc. As we have seen in the manga, these crystals can take on various shapes and forms depending on their powers and as more power accumulates so do their abilities.)

Galaxia and Usagi were a few that could harness the powers of their crystals outside their bodies from the start, the others gained this ability later on. The crystallized form of their souls seems to change and grow.

Quote :
I imagine one day even the Sailor Senshi, Mars Mercury etc. would experience this as well and their senshi forms would become obsolete thus the reason a new generation is born. Sailor Chibi Moon and her Amazoness senshi.

What I meant by this is that the next generation wouldn't suddenly have the Mars Crystal and Rei wouldn't have her crystal anymore.

I meant that their children would have their own crystal the way Chibiusa was born with her own light, her own crystal because the manga states that power is not given but born.

I guess another part is just that I hope that like NQS the senshi wouldn't be doomed to be duty bound as senshi forever and would one day be able to return to their own worlds and take their rightful places as queens and their children could take over their duties as senshi the way Chibiusa did for her mom NQS.

It can still work for your story though because the maboroshi no ginzuishou roughly means Illusion Silver Crystal. The senshi's crystals all seem to be directly named after their home planets, Mars Crystal, Saturn Crystal etc.

Whose to say that is there was a real intended Sailor Moon that her crystal wouldn't be called the Moon Crystal or Tsuki(moon) crystal.

Even Chibiusa's crystal has moon in it, the Pink Moon Crystal but technically the silver crystal isn't truly called the Moon Crystal, it's just a silver crystal.

This could also be why there is no Sailor Earth. Endymion has the Golden Crystal. It's not called the Earth Crystal and Endymion technically isn't a Sailor Senshi despite being Earth's protector.

Just a little food for thought^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl
Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-05-15
Age : 17
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   20th May 2013, 10:15 pm

I think that if Usagi was meant to be Sailor Moon, wouldn't she have been born in the Silver millennium as Sailor Moon in the first place? The other senshi were also princesses of their own planets, so Serenity being princess has nothing to do with it. I think she couldn't control her powers as a princess in the 21st century, because when Serenity was awoken, it was completely out of her control. So I think that's why she was Sailor Moon, to control her powers so she could save the world from Beryl again

___________________________

  
Love, Sailor Candy 
Avatar and signature by myself, Bumpers by Sailor Mercury and Tsuki
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
MistressChibiusa
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-05-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   18th June 2013, 11:46 am

I think the only reason there wasn't a Sailor Moon during Silver Millenium was because Queen Serenity had possession of Princess Serenity's crystal. If Princess Serenity had had it then Sailor Moon would've fought alongside the others Smile x x x
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl
Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-05-15
Age : 17
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   18th June 2013, 1:26 pm

But why didn't Princess Serenity have her own crystal? Why did her mother have it? Was it that she wasn't responsible enough to handle being Sailor Moon, or that she couldn't control the crystal?

___________________________

  
Love, Sailor Candy 
Avatar and signature by myself, Bumpers by Sailor Mercury and Tsuki
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
Sailor Cocoa
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director


Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan
Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-09-24
Age : 29
Location : The Echanted forest looking for my unicorn pet


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   19th June 2013, 4:49 pm

@Sailor Candy wrote:
I think she couldn't control her powers as a princess in the 21st century, because when Serenity was awoken, it was completely out of her control.

What? i guess you mean Silver Millenium, not 21rst Century o_O

@MistressChibiusa wrote:
I think the only reason there wasn't a Sailor Moon during Silver Millenium was because Queen Serenity had possession of Princess Serenity's crystal. If Princess Serenity had had it then Sailor Moon would've fought alongside the others Smile x x x

Actually, the Silver Crystal was Queen Serenity's crystal, and it became Princess Serenity crystal because she was reborn in the 20th century and since both of them had "moon" powers, Serenity would be able to use it if she ever need it.

@Sailor Candy wrote:
But why didn't Princess Serenity have her own crystal? Why did her mother have it? Was it that she wasn't responsible enough to handle being Sailor Moon, or that she couldn't control the crystal?

I'm guessing, since Serenity was only a "princess" and she only had royal duties, she didn't had Senshi powers, that mean, she didn't had a reason to "create" her own crystal, like happened with Chibi-Usa.
besides, Queen Serenity was the protector of this crystal.

___________________________


 
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl
Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-05-15
Age : 17
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   19th June 2013, 5:30 pm

Haine wrote:
@Sailor Candy wrote:
I think she couldn't control her powers as a princess in the 21st century, because when Serenity was awoken, it was completely out of her control.

What? i guess you mean Silver Millenium, not 21rst Century
No, I meant when Usagi turned into Serenity and part of the crystal became part of Mamoru, she didn't mean for it to happen. She couldn't control it, it was her heart or something.

___________________________

  
Love, Sailor Candy 
Avatar and signature by myself, Bumpers by Sailor Mercury and Tsuki
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
Sailor Cocoa
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director


Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan
Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-09-24
Age : 29
Location : The Echanted forest looking for my unicorn pet


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   19th June 2013, 6:58 pm

ok xD

___________________________


 
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 25
Location : Arendele


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   19th June 2013, 7:55 pm

I have one, slightly weird, possible scenario

This ties into a larger theory that I have, (basically Cosmos is an entity similar to Chaos and chooses various incarnations, such as the Moon Matriarchy)

Maybe, Sailor Moon was a convenient thing for Cosmos to become in order to protect the galaxy.  All the other planets had a senshi and her previous life had lived on the moon, so she decided that this reincarnation would call herself Sailor Moon

Later on, when she was no longer needed as a senshi, but instead as a queen, then Cosmos decided to change how her incarnation would use her powers.  Similarly, a "Sailor Moon" was not needed during the Silver Millennium.

Also, the silver crystal was not named "moon crystal" because it is not actually aligned with the moon, it is just where cosmos decided to live at the time.

Does that make sense?

___________________________



Siggies by: Lust, Mi Mako Chan, Brandi, NQS, Uranus, Sailor Candy, Mary, SailorKittyEleon and me! (Hopefully I didn't forget one!)
GC's Official Setsuna 
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   19th June 2013, 10:09 pm

Quote :
That doesn't make much sense, the inner senshi are meant to protect the royal family, that's why they were born, and the outer senshi have to make sure no one from other galaxy comes to this one, if they lose their crystal powers to henshin, they will be very vulnerable, and i also think, the only reason the amazon quartet exist is because they're meant to protect Lady Serenity, as the inner senshi are mean to protect NQS.



They weren't born to protect the Moon Family, they ALLIED themselves with the moon family by choice, they chose to protect them.

They were born to protect their OWN planets because that is what it means to be a senshi. Each planet bears a senshi to protect and watch over it's planet and people.

The Moon Kingdom created an alliance which made it so the planets didn't just watch out for themselves but each-other as an alliance, as one family of many planets... aside from Earth that is :/ poor Mamo lol err, Endy.


What I was saying wouldn't make them weaker, what I was saying would make them equal to what Serenity is. Her senshi crystal, the silver crystal, seemed to transform and grow with strength and power. Sphere, pendant, lotus. Princess, Senshi, Queen.

I think that they should also evolve, and have children of their own who become senshi, like a cycle. Let the torch be passed, not because it makes them vulnerable but because they've become so powerful they don't NEED to henshin to use that power, like Neo Queen Serenity. Who says Serenity should be the only one to evolve?

 I imagine all crystals should have the possibility to evolve and become powerful.

What I was implying was that eventually the senshi, Mars Mercury and etc will be able to use their OWN senshi crystals like Serenity uses her senshi crystal (The Silver Crystal) to where they can use their crystals in the same way.

When the series first started, they had pens to transform. As the series grew they used their own senshi crystals to transform(Manga) which were shaped like hearts and then transformed to be shaped like stars in their Eternal forms. Why do they have to stop evolving at Eternal, and why not let them become Queens of their planets and let their kids take over as senshi?

Not because they are no longer poweful, but because they can use their senshi powers in their queen forms verses having to transform because their crystals evolved to a higher level, and their children have their own crystals that need to evolve and the cycle continues.


They weren't born to protect the Moon Kingdom, that was just a duty they had been assigned to do.

I think in the beginning Naoko Takeuchi made the Silver Crystal be like an heirloom object that once belonged to Queen Serenity.

As the series progressed I guess she forgot this because it later becomes Usagi's senshi crystal and without it she will die because senshi crystals are like souls.

I guess we could assume the silver crystal became apart of Serenity's soul since Queen Serenity's soul kind of became a computer program.

There's a lot of inconsistencies, I hope they change these inconsistencies and/or at least address them in the new anime :/

Quote :
I'm guessing, since Serenity was only a "princess" and she only had royal duties, she didn't had Senshi powers, that mean, she didn't had a reason to "create" her own crystal, like happened with Chibi-Usa.

This wouldn't make much sense though because all of the senshi are also princesses, and the manga states that power is born and not given :/

They all had royal duties, but Serenity was still in training. Perhaps she was just a late bloomer, the senshi in the Silver Millennium were much older than Serenity was after all. They were already Chibiusa's age (appearance, age could be debated but they were almost teens but not teens when we saw princess Serenity as a baby and Queen Serenity said she'd grow to be like them soon enough) when the princess was born.

Quote :
besides, Queen Serenity was the protector of this crystal.

Maybe when Princess Serenity was born, her crystallized soul was born outside of her body and that is why the Queen protected it, waiting for when Princess Serenity would be ready to fully use it.

Since she was a baby and vulnerable with her crystal out in the open, the true identity of the crystal could have been hidden since senshi crystals are something enemies apparently like to covet as we've seen in StarS :/

When they died in the Silver Millennium, Queen Serenity carried the Silver Crystal to Guardian Cosmos in order to give her daughter and friends their new life. Perhaps Queen Serenity carried ALL the senshi's crystals, and that is how they were all reborn (unlike the anime) because Guardian Cosmos said that Queen Serenity carried the shine of a star seed that was similar to Usagis which is the Silver Crystal so perhaps it really is Usagi's soul and since the other senshi weren't in their physical from in the cauldron the way Usagi was, perhaps Guardian Cosmos only mentioned her Crystal because she was the only one there to talk to.

Too many inconsistencies u.u

Quote :
Also, the silver crystal was not named "moon crystal" because it is not actually aligned with the moon, it is just where cosmos decided to live at the time.

That's just the thing, it was never called the moon crystal. It was called the Mystic Silver Crystal, Holy Silver Crystal, Illusionary Silver Crystal, Imperial Silver Crystal... Maraboshi no Ginzuishou(SP? I forget) when Usagi used her powers she said moon, but her crystal wasn't called moon like Chibiusa's Pink Moon Crystal so that does make sense.

It's crazy to think about. My super old OC's I've been revisiting are being nearly completely revamped and are going to have unique senshi crystals and there various transformations. Sailor Kinmoku's crystal is the hardest for me :/ but I'm having fun with making them. 

Haine's OC has inspired me^^

I know you're using the idea that Usagi was not meant to be Sailor Moon for your OC but even if it's more likely she was, you can still use that idea despite anything else. In fandom, literally anything is possible^^ which means YEY!

I'm going to get to use my friends scanner, I;d like to draw your OC but I dunno if you're sticking with that design. If you give me the design I'd like to draw her for you, she won't be in color but I hope you'll like her Very Happy

>.> I wish the reply box would go back to normal soon...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cocoa
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director


Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan
Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-09-24
Age : 29
Location : The Echanted forest looking for my unicorn pet


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   20th June 2013, 8:04 am

Mother of god that was long xD, i'm going to check the manga again, since i don't recal reading the alliance between the inner senshi and the moon kingdom, i'm pretty sure they were born to protect the moon family, but i better check it to make sure >______<

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Haine's OC has inspired me^^

I know you're using the idea that Usagi was not meant to be Sailor Moon for your OC but even if it's more likely she was, you can still use that idea despite anything else. In fandom, literally anything is possible^^ which means YEY!

I'm going to get to use my friends scanner, I;d like to draw your OC but I dunno if you're sticking with that design. If you give me the design I'd like to draw her for you, she won't be in color but I hope you'll like her Very Happy

awww T^T!!!!! that's sweet dear!! i would love to see another version of her Very Happy!! i'm going to keep it that way since i think this outfit is the most original (?) (that i've seen so far).

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
>.> I wish the reply box would go back to normal soon...
Well, NQS is still on LOA, so, if you don't know all the coding, i created this tutorial ^^

___________________________


 
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Sailor Cocoa
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director


Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan
Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-09-24
Age : 29
Location : The Echanted forest looking for my unicorn pet


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   20th June 2013, 8:09 am

Saturn Skyy wrote:
I have one, slightly weird, possible scenario

This ties into a larger theory that I have, (basically Cosmos is an entity similar to Chaos and chooses various incarnations, such as the Moon Matriarchy)

Maybe, Sailor Moon was a convenient thing for Cosmos to become in order to protect the galaxy.  All the other planets had a senshi and her previous life had lived on the moon, so she decided that this reincarnation would call herself Sailor Moon

Later on, when she was no longer needed as a senshi, but instead as a queen, then Cosmos decided to change how her incarnation would use her powers.  Similarly, a "Sailor Moon" was not needed during the Silver Millennium.

Also, the silver crystal was not named "moon crystal" because it is not actually aligned with the moon, it is just where cosmos decided to live at the time.

Does that make sense?

This sure is interesting but had some lack of info. what i understand with this theory, is that S.Cosmos had the power to change time or change "the future", and we all know that S.Cosmos came from "another dimension/reality/future" so that with her actions she could change the future again into a better one.

___________________________


 
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Kiadshoo
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 28
Location : Dresden, Germany


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   8th July 2013, 6:03 am

Wow, some really heavy discussions. 
I have to admit, as Luna mentioned Princess Serenity the first time, I thought that only Usagi could be the one; because she's Sailor Moon. As a child I always asked myself, why there would be a need for a senshi of the moon as mentioned before its not a planet and there are a couple more moons in the galaxy. 

I have to rethink a lot at the moment, but your ideas sound really great to me, or better said so reasonable. Personally I also think it wasn't meant for here to become Sailor Moon. But maybe it was her destiny in Silver Millenium, too. I mean it as a kind of education , which maybe als the other senshis were going through and when times comes by and they're old enough they become queens and would lose their power to transform. 
Maybe moon kingdom needs their own protector. I mean, it was that glorious and beautiful, I can't believe they hadn't have an army or protectors of their own.
Back to top Go down
plutonia
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 28
Location : Canada


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   8th July 2013, 9:38 am

There are some great thoughts on this thread!

@Kiadshoo wrote:
Wow, some really heavy discussions. . 
Maybe moon kingdom needs their own protector. I mean, it was that glorious and beautiful, I can't believe they hadn't have an army or protectors of their own.

I think the moon didn't have its own protector because the royal family had powers, making the need for a moon senshi unnecessary. Then the other senshi were meant to protect the moon kingdom from within and from afar while the royal family would be involved in protecting the kingdom from within the kingdom only. Earth (and the moon, in this series) is unique in the solar system because of the life on the planet, so maybe the senshi-situation is different.

Maybe the royal family of the moon was responsible for the moon and Earth instead of a senshi due to their enormous power--which perhaps is different due to the fact that the moon is not a planet, and due to Earth having a kingdom of its own as well. So they organize the planet senshi as a sort of army to protect Earth so that the royal family doesn't risk their own lives and can continue ruling the kingdom and protecting them from the palace.

(...or, wait? Was it suggested at some point that the other planets hosted civilizations? Were the scouts (originally, not in their new incarnations) born on their respective planets? Or were they citizens of the moon kingdom born with the powers of their planets? It's been a while since I read the manga, guys. Sorry!)


In this case, Serenity would not have transformed since she would be protecting the kingdom from her palace and would remain in her princess form (or Queen Serenity in her queen form), not having to do any physical fighting and not really requiring a different fuku for function or to use her power.

But when they were all reborn on Earth, Usagi was no longer ruler of a kingdom and could transform with the other scouts and lead battles using her extraordinary powers without risking damage/upset to the kingdom. In the future, it doesn't seem like Neo-queen Serenity goes along to fight anymore (though, again, I could be wrong about that, too), which would support the helps-from-the-palace theory.


Oh, also, the moons of Mars (Phobos and Deimos) had senshi that helped and protected Mars, though it was short-lived in the manga. Maybe Serenity is a similar situation (protecting Earth and Endymion) though elevated in power due to the significance of life and civilizations on both the moon and the earth.

___________________________

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   9th July 2013, 8:33 am

Well technically all of them have powers, even outside of transformation. We Michiru, Rei, Hotaru, Setsuna use inhuman like powers the most out of them, ansd then their is Makoto's inhuman strength and Haruka's inhuman speed in Track Team and her uncanny ability to speed using vehicles in a way most people couldn't probably due to the fact she's used to being as fast as the wind.

If they were so incredibly powerful, there would be no need to organize the other senshi to protect them, the Silver Millennium was an alliance built on love and devotion, they all loved Queen Serenity and her family, and she granted them all castles as gifts. It seemed much like a peace treaty between kingdoms would be only on a much grander scale (planetary afterall lol)

And there was life on other planets, if I recall correctly, Ace in a past life was a guard of Venus that greatly admired Minako when she had been the Princess of Venus.

Phobos and Deimos weren't Sailor Senshi they were simply devoted and admired Rei when she was the Princess of Mars and devoted their loyalty to her much like Luna and Artemis had done for Queen Serenity. T

hey come from the planet Coronis(sp?) during the final arc, Sailor Coronis was killed and Sailor Lead Crow became a fake Sailor, an animate, by stealing and using her Senshi Crystal.

The Moon of Earth seems to be the only moon with life on it, while in the solar system where the Starlights came from there were three moons that housed life or at least senshi.

More can be read here 

http://www.kinmoku.net/pops/melody/mokusei.php
 
The headcanon came from the screenshot of the anime with three moons orbiting Kinmoku during a flashback.

In the manga a lot of people have the headcanon that Queen Serenity did not originate from the moon and instead came from a far away place carrying the starseed that would become Usagi's senshi crystal, the Ginzuishou. Perhaps when Queen Serenity moved to the moon, the crystal bonded with the moon's life force and therefore the first true Lunarian was born and life could prosper on the moon.

Life can most absolutely prosper on moons, they are after all often considered trapped planets and/or asteroids and science is looking into the prospect of many moons in our own solar system that could house life. 

Many of Saturn's moons are covered in frozen liquid water, and the believe Titan has a vast ocean under the icy surface because of the way images show the surface having been ripped apart and rippled where water quickly refroze itself.

On many moons in our solar system they have volcano's, storms with lightening and tons of planet like activity because they are essentially planets, the only difference is that they orbit a planet and not the sun but they still get sunlight because the planet it orbits, orbits the sun.

The Asteroid senshi, Ceres, Vesta, Pallas and Juno aren't planets but Asteroids and if they have senshi, I imagine any planet, moon and asteroid has the capability to have senshi as long as life can form because as canon goes, senshi are born to protect the ones they love, the love of their home(planet of origin) and their families and friends and the people of their planet^^

The senshi in Sailor Moon all lost their planets of origin and instead of being recycled through the galaxy cauldron, they were able to be reborn on earth all together and therefore there powers of their senshi crystals now protect earth, their planet of rebirth, their reincarnated origin and their families and friends and the people of earth^^

I imagine if Earth had come to have a senshi, then earth might have been apart of the Silver Millennium, but they hadn't progressed as far as the other planets and Mamoru is a male and therefore can't be a senshi despite having something similar to a senshi crystal (A crystal power base connected to a home planet to use it's power to protect) the Golden Crystal which like MAmoru and Helios is directly linked to Earth.

As it were, Earth was not apart of the Silver Millennium and the senshi and even the Moon Kingdom did not protect them, they were just neighbors and Endymoin and Serenity's love was a forbidden love. 

The people of Earth were responsibility for themselves and the people of the Silver Millenium (aside from Serenity and perhaps the inners) left them to their own devices which actually ended up pretty bad for them considering if they HAD been watching the Earth they could have nipped that attack in the bud and the Silver Millennium could still be thriving, but alas it was not so u.u
Back to top Go down
plutonia
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 28
Location : Canada


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   9th July 2013, 9:10 am

Nerf, you are fantastic. All good points! I retract my theory in light of the many great ideas you've just posted.

And I just looked at an image of Phobos and Deimos again. For some reason I remembered them wearing fuku, but they're definitely not. I think it's time to re-read the manga!

___________________________

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   9th July 2013, 9:30 am

Thanks^^

They are definitely wearing uniforms but anyone can dress like a senshi

Phobos Deimos

Spoiler:
 

Naruru and Ruruna dress like senshi in Chibiusa's picture Diary but they're only human, although they gave Mamoru a nosebleed lol^^

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   9th July 2013, 9:32 am

Wasn't Phobos and Demios  Senshi-in-training though?
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   9th July 2013, 9:56 am

I never heard of that before :/
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   9th July 2013, 10:05 am

I looked through it real quick, it said something about them being in training but the next pages it talks about how only one can be the true Sailor Kronos(not Coronis, I dunno why I keep making that mistake...) and doesn't specify what they were training for :/
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   9th July 2013, 10:14 am

Spoiler:
 

I always assumed that here, they were senshi in training.  But it never says what they're in training for.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: [Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?   9th July 2013, 10:29 am

I think it was more of a "When was the last time I saw you" thing verses a senshi thing.

The could have been training for roles similar to what a senshi does even if they can't be senshi, like becoming advisers. They could have been advisers under Sailor Kronos, like if Superman had a Robin, Robin is human and can't ever be like Superman but he plays an important role all the same(And yes I meant Superman not batman because Batman is human therefore someone can become Batman >.> even though Bruce all the way.)

Perhaps their planet is similar to Earth and who knows, maybe even Mars and they were like Priestess in training.

Phobos and Deimos must have succeeded in learning what they needed to though because the moved on from training and were selected by the Princess of Mars, and Lead Crow obviously had issues which makes me wonder if she were like that one character in Inuyasha, the Dark Priestess Tsubaki who was passed over by her mentor so that Kikyo could protect the Sacred Jewel and after that moment she went crazy.

Spoiler:
 

When they speak of Kronos like that it makes me think that she was the only senshi, she was their senshi and apparently senshi are regarded as royalty or god-like. They speak as if they are lesser and not equals...


Spoiler:
 
Here Lead Crow says that there can be only one and that there are "Chosen" ones and those chosen ones have Sailor Crystals which are special star seeds, and if you only possess a star seed and not a Sailor Crystal you are not a Sailor Senshi. Lead Crow stole hers from Chronos because she didn't have one, and it's safe to say neither did Phobos or Deimos :/
Back to top Go down
 

[Theory and Debate] Was Usagi meant to be Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Theories, Debates and Headcanons-