HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Kaichou Wa Maid-sama

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   8th May 2013, 10:45 pm

My most recent obsession, I read the manga a few years ago and just recently rewatched the anime and realized the manga is still going. I forgot that I adore this series so much. I love all the characters but I have favorites which normally doesn't happen for me^^

Spoiler:
 

I'm sad it's ending soon :C that and the fact that there was only ever one season that was made. The ending credits of the anime hinted at the on goings of what was happening in the manga but the manga is still ongoing and the author's updates have been several months in between so I can understand the delay^^

That and people can read or watch it for free, but you have to buy is you want more seasons of any anime. If you never buy the product, it will be canceled regardless of popularity! So people! If you like it BUY IT!

I hope this is true http://season-release-date.com/maid-sama-season-2-release-date/


Last edited by nerf-or-nothing on 2nd June 2013, 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus


Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 20318
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 29
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   8th May 2013, 11:20 pm

Oh I had started watching this anime a while back. I really liked it! Dunno why I stopped watching. o.O

___________________________


Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   8th May 2013, 11:48 pm

What episode did you get to^^ have you ever read the manga? For the most part they are the same just the sequence of events are a tad bit different and the manga continued after the last episode.

I do not suggest reading it online, there are pages missing and problems with the translations however it's minor details and just a few pages that are missing from some chapters and the translations are only slightly different from the actual books but that's because they are fan translated^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus


Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 20318
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 29
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   8th May 2013, 11:51 pm

I think maybe episode 10 or 11? It was over a year ago, I should go back and rewatch. xD I didn't even know there was a manga. I'll have to look into it. I may get it as my next manga to buy. Very Happy

___________________________


Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   9th May 2013, 12:09 am

It's totally worth it^^

VIDEO CLIPS!

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   9th May 2013, 4:50 pm

Bumping with some character love!!!

Fujiwara Hiro created this series. When the manga was first created her drawing style was a bit rough but when they began turning it into an anime, her art drastically improved and it's so fun to see her improvement and within the first three volumes there is a huge difference^^

This manga/anime has a lot of specials and side stories from Generbending all the characters, to popular Japanese folktales, to giving the side-characters characters spotlight chapters!

Takumi Usui appreciation <3
Spoiler:
 

Tora Igarashi appreciation <3
Spoiler:
 

I'll get to Hinata Shintani, the Idiot Trio, Sakura and Shizuko, the band Uximishi, the Aratake Gang, Misaki's mother Minako and sister Suzuka and her father, Usui's family^^, some Seika High Students, Miyabigaoka Students, my favorite butler Gerry, the Cafe staff and of course Misaki^^

Let me know what you think!!!!

For fun^^

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3
Posts : 930
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : New York


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   10th May 2013, 11:44 am

Hahaha Omg all Usui Pictures are sexxyy and Funny <3

I've been wanted to watch this Anime for a while but I keep forgetting and watch others but today I'll be watching it Misaki and Usui seem like an Anime couple I would definitely love

___________________________

   Sigs by Infel, Mi Mako and Lust <3 and Avi by Sailor Selene thank you guys !!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   10th May 2013, 1:41 pm

They've become one of my top all time favorite anime couples! If I ever decide to start dating again, I'd hope more then anything to find a guy like Usui, he really is just so incredibly... perfect!!!! <3 <3

Usui =

Apart of me really roots for both Hinata and Tora as well.

Hinata is so sweet and as the manga continues you see how deeply he cares for her and how he falls even more in love with his childhood crush and despite knowing he won't win he's okay as long as he's by her side(I also love the growing feelings Suzuna has for Hinata, so MOEE!) He is such a happy go lucky character despite both his parents dying in a crash and him being the only survivor. He knows Usui is his love rival but he looks up to Usui and recognizes what a great Usui is. They even form a sort of best friend/brother like comradeship despite their own little rivalry over Misaki.

He really is a sanshita character because he's not perfect like Usui and while just as tough, Usui is still stronger and tougher. Usui appears older because of his personality while Hinata is innocent, always sunny and cheerful and very in tune with his emotions, an open book^^

In the manga, we see bad-boy Tora who was introduced as a bad-boy playboy start softening up. He's confessed to Misaki a few times but he's had to act accordingly his whole life and he even had a wife chosen for him by his father. He's not like Hinata because he's on equel footing with Usui the only difference is Usui is a sweeter character while Tora is a darker character. Usui never cared about anything until Misaki because he was like Suzuna, kina of expressionless "whatever" kind of thing while Tora has had to act proper but he acts wild behind closed doors, hating everything. He believes people only care for his money, even his best friend Maki and that's another thing that makes him like Misaki because she's the first person who didn't care about what he could offer her.

Ah, this is why I love fandom so much!!!! I can enjoy all my lovey Misaki and Usui feels but also as a fandom lover I can enjoy Misaki-Hinata and Misaki-Tora^^

I also adore Aoi's little crush on Misaki too^^ he's okay not being with her though as long as she's happy and makes cute faces XD he's adorable. He changes a lot throughout the series too!

This is one of the many reasons I love this series. We see so much character growth for ALL of the characters and they all get decent spotlights shown on them.

The idiot Trio makes me squeal cause despite because they are so GAH funny and adorable lol!!!! I adore them @_@ I DO!

Hinata Shintani appreciation <3

Spoiler:
 

Aoi Hyodo character appreciation <3
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   10th May 2013, 4:04 pm

Soichiro Yukimora appreciation <3
Spoiler:
 


Sotaro Kanou appreciation <3
Spoiler:
 

Up next will probably be Sakura and Shizuno and the cafe staff^^
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Posts : 920
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 27
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   10th May 2013, 9:04 pm

i have the first german double disk box (ep 1 - 7).

but then i stopped buying it. i rather spend my money in a series with a good plot like Psycho-Pass than a medicore silce of life Comedy without a real plot.
don't get my wrong. i saw the fansubbed version when the series was new in japan and i liked it but its not outstanding enough to buy it..


___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
Starchild
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official JunJun/Sailor Juno
Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-11-19
Age : 24
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   10th May 2013, 9:15 pm

I agree with Minene... After the first few episodes I just moved on.. I watched the final episode out of curiosity.

___________________________



Avatar by Sailor Mercury | Sig by Me
The Starry Quinn to Mistah Ek ~ Addy's Waifu ~ The Maki to Nico's Nico ~ Eternal Eternity's Mentor

Back to top Go down
http://infeliouszalez.tumblr.com http://sailor-juno.deviantart.com http://youtube.com/infeliouszalez http://curedirge.livejournal.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   10th May 2013, 9:23 pm

Unfortunately the anime only had one season before the company went bankrupt. The ending of the second set showcased the second season that was in production. The manga however is still ongoing.

I only read the english subtitled the way they are supposed to be, I don't like fandubbing of anything because people sometimes will just write in anything they want said which takes away from the true series.

This is why I don't suggest anyone read the manga scanlations online as they tend to be incorrect and I've noticed pages missing. I haven't found a single website online showing the correct translations and all seem to be missing pages.

Can I ask why you don't think this plot is good because my opinion is vastly different from yours.

It's a rich plot with romance, comedy, action, at times there is suspense, tragedy, a lot of character growth throughout the entire series. {Much more in the manga but that always seems to be the case in any anime/manga I've seen and read.(That goes for books being turned into movies as well^^)} Suspense, when you think you know what's going to happen, something else happens that makes you question it. There is real life aspects but at the same time typical anime/manga aspects.

Since I have seen the whole anime and read the whole manga I know this series you can find every single kind of genre there is and very few series can pull that off.

So how did you come to the conclusion the plot wasn't good by only seeing 7 episodes of a 26 + special season and an 81 chapter manga?
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal


Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official JunJun/Sailor Juno
Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-11-19
Age : 24
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   10th May 2013, 9:39 pm

For me I think another show came out that I wanted.to watch and I just lost track XD it was probably a yaoi....
I might pick it up again while I have some free time.

___________________________



Avatar by Sailor Mercury | Sig by Me
The Starry Quinn to Mistah Ek ~ Addy's Waifu ~ The Maki to Nico's Nico ~ Eternal Eternity's Mentor

Back to top Go down
http://infeliouszalez.tumblr.com http://sailor-juno.deviantart.com http://youtube.com/infeliouszalez http://curedirge.livejournal.com
Sailor Leg Lamp
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director


Inner Senshi Admin Member Support Director

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!
Posts : 7575
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 27
Location : San Antonio, Texas


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   10th May 2013, 9:44 pm

It is a cute series, although doesn't have the level of action I normally prefer. I read quite a bit of it, but lost track of it after school started full force. I'll have to find my way back to it. I think the character dynamics are cute.

___________________________

 

 Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Posts : 920
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 27
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   10th May 2013, 10:11 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Unfortunately the anime only had one season before the company went bankrupt

Bankrupt? J.C. staff? don't think so. i just say Little Busters (2012-2013)..
it's just not usual in japan that a shoujo series got more than 26 episodes. i think Vampire Knight (Studio DEEN) will never be finished too.


the anime dosent have a real plot = stoyline.
saw the whole anime. except Misaki being Tsundere over Usui and Hinata
being in the way there where no common theme. the show has very
entertaining comedy for a first watch but spending 207$ for such a kind of anime is just to much.


not to mention the flaws of the german-release (Publisher: Kaze. German Part of VIZ Media)


shitty image quality:
more laser disc quality than dvd-standarts

shitty dub:

most of the cast sounded like amateurs. misaki & usui got good
VA's. but the problems was the sound of usui's original voice
transported a lot of comedy and the german VA didnt

and then the worst thing:

the japanese dub sounds pitched Sad

paid 52$ for this (Box 1 of 4)

________


manga:
just have the limited edition of volume one. 2,53$ instead of 7,73$ xD

___________________________




Last edited by Minene on 11th May 2013, 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   11th May 2013, 12:06 am

There are so many different genres that they aren't in full force. The action is there, just not as much as Dragon Ball Z were have since that is a more action based anime for a comparison ^^

The image quality I've seen the series in is in HD and the drawings are all very well drawn and shaded very well. You can't always find HD videos on the net but they are out there, however rare. Chibi's appear but it's typical of most anime.

Each artist has a unique style. You can easily tell Naoko Takeuchi's series style from Rumiko Takahashi's style. Cowboy Bepop has such a unique style. A lot of people like the style of Masturi Hino's Vampire Knight and for the most part I do too but sometimes the arms, torso and legs of the males look a bit wonky. Hiro's manga style of Maid-sama in the manga was like this at times in the beginning too but she gradually improved.

What exactly do you mean by poor image quality? Can you give me a reference?

I don't watch dub. VERY very few anime's that are dubbed are done well. So few in fact, that I often don't even bother with Dub, I go straight to subs. The Japanese cast was picked exceptionally well for all the characters in my opinion. They match the personalities and the acting is great!

So far the only dubs I like are Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Gundam Wing and Fullmetal Alchemist. These I personally feel as equally as good as the subs.

I prefer Dragon Ball Z dubs over subs. I'm sorry but his sub voice is done by a little old Japanese lady and I can't stop laughing every time I hear his japanese voice. His English voice just matches 10x better in my opinion.

All others I get about one episode into a dub and can't even watch. I'm from America though and english voice actors for anime rarely take the dubbing seriously and just aren't good voice actors. Tenchi Muyo, Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa, Tokyo Mew Mew, Sailor Moon... I can't listen to the dubs unless I want to smash my head in with a brick, no offense to anyone who likes the dubs I know some people do.

What do you mean the Japanese dub of Kaichou wa dub sounds pitched? All of the actors? or the audio quality of the DVD? Might just be faulty :/ I didn't experience that problem ^^'

Quote :
the anime dosent have a real plot = stoyline.
saw the whole anime. except Misaki being Tsundere over Usui and Hinata
being in the way there where no common theme. the show has very
entertaining comedy for a first watch but spending 207$ for such a kind of anime is just to much.

I don't know what you mean by this :/ Misaki isn't Tsundere over Usui and Hinata(She doesn't have any feelings for Hinata aside from friendship and watching out for him)

Her character is Tsundere but there is a reason for her dislike of boys and like over girls(I'm not talking about romantic preference). She's the typical "I don't want love, I'm more concerned with helping my family, doing my school work, fixing the school as per her Kaichou responsibilities in the student council and making sure the girls aren't terrorized."

Despite being a guy hater, she often will help the guys out. She's from a poor family where her father has disappeared and they are living in immeasurable amounts of debt. She's hard working and she puts everyone else above her own health but she's still a fighter and won't take smack from anyone. She isn't a popular character, she isn't a hated character, she's more well rounded then other anime characters by being BOTH. Well liked by the girls and disliked by the guys.

Usui is the one pursuing her, she doesn't really care she's annoyed and it's a joke in the series because he's like her stalker^^ it'd be hard for anyone to not fall for Usui, even guys admire him lol He likes her because of the things in his life and boredom. He finds her behavior very interesting and because of her character, he falls for her. And who wouldn't she's a nice, dependable, independent and strong girl and she and Usui have quite a lot in common.

Hinata isn't a contender despite wanting to be. He likes Misaki because of what she did for him in their childhood. Everyone shunned him for being overweight and lazy and a bit of a liar and he was teased relentlessly but Misaki was pretty much his only friend. When his parents died, what she did for him made him fall in love with her and in the manga, her caring about others only deepens these feelings of his despite knowing it won't happen he doesn't want to give up, thus why I said early about his optimistic characteristics I mentioned a couple posts back^^

As for the plot, you can't find out the plot of something by only watching the first few episodes. Some stories go deeper then that but I'll give the basic plot outline.

The main character is Misaki. Kaichou wa Maid-sama.

Her home is very run down, so much so that it's kind of falling apart. Their father left when she was very young and her mother told them that it was because he was foolish, irresponsible and a gambler(This is why Misaki is the way she is, she's the exact opposite of this description). Their family is in incredible debt because of this and they are poor.

This is why she goes to Seika High, it's a very cheap school. It's also a school that used to be an only boys school but for the past few years they've turned it co-ed.

Because it was an all boys-school and it's a cheap school, the teachers don't really care and the boys basically run wild. They don't clean up their messes. Gym equipment, lunch, you name it they don't do it. since the teachers don't care, neither do the students.

This is very hard on the few girl students there. Typically guys and girls would somewhat get a long but they don't because many circumstances.

Misaki worked hard to become student council president. If she was going to go to school their, she might as well make it a better environment. I don't blame her as the rumors were the school smells, the students were delinquents the school was known as having an incredibly poor reputation. This also wouldn't be good for college applications and Misaki wants a better future for herself and her family and she isn't the kind of person to just say "oh well, that's just how it is" so she worked hard and became the president.

She cleaned the school up, got the guys to start paying attention to the rules.

This is why the girls like her. They feel safer and it's nice going to a school that doesn't reek of grossness.

This is also why the guys hate her. She nags, she makes them do work, she makes them behave and she does so in her Tsundere way. Guys have been known to try and attack her but she's trained in martial arts aikido and she can beat them at their own game. Another reason they don't like her.

The guys don't even view her as a girl but as a demon.

Usui doesn't seem interested in this. Apparently they've had many run ins. She typically yells at him to be more sensitive when refusing a confession.

Since Misaki's family is in financial ruin, she has to work. She could easily get a closer job that's less girly like the cafe. She could do some heavy work like stocking or something closer to home. HOWEVER you have to remember she has lots of studies, she aims to be at the top of her classes she wants a good future and that takes hard work. not to mention her student council work. If she did a heavier work load, she'd have less endurance to do all her resonibilies and being responsible this is why she chose the job she did.

It's a Maid-cafe. Cuteness, cosplay days, basically a cafe that when someone walks in the waitresses are dressed like Maid's and refer to girls as Mistress and guys as Master.

Very stranger for a girl who acts like a guy hating demon at school. This is why when Usui finds out, he finds it interesting. Being bored he starts paying closer attention to her and the things she does and eventually falls for her.

She wants to keep it secret because she feels with a job as she has, if the boys find out she won't have the respect she will need to do her job of making Seika High better properly. She fears she'll lose the respect she works so hard for because her part-time job she does to help her family is a polar opposite from her job as Student Council President.

That and she is very easily embarrassed when it comes to being girly because that's not something she eve bothers thinking about. She views herself more as the man of the house in her home, taking on the role of father since her father was absent and it just continued as she grew up. She protects people, she is happy for other people and she puts everyone else above herself and hasn't bothered to give herself time to think about those things. Usui kinda shoves it in her face and she is forced to realize she is a girl, she is in school and she can be a typical teenager. It's also mutually beneficial( don't be pervy even if Usui is pervy) Usui has never had anyone special to him because of what his family has done to him. He has always been alone and he was naturally gifted, a quick learner and so he gets bored easily. Misaki gives him something he's never had before. Something entertaining lol and someone who he is sure won't be like anyone else, like his family^^

There is a lot more to the story but I don't want to spoil it.

Best information I can give without spoilers is that the characters grow. The focus isn't always totally on Misaki and Usui. It's about the poor and the rich, it's about becoming a better person. It's about learning to accept who you are. It's about learning that sometimes changing who you are is necessary. It's about over coming obstacles. It's about learning that something you thought you know turns out to be completely false. It's about discovering family and responsibility.

The manga is the best. You can still order at Barnes and Nobles, Ebay and Amazon but the manga is pretty much a Japanese only thing. It's not being made in English anymore but is still being produced in Japanese. If you don't mind ordering the Japanese manga's then I'd go for it. Totally worth it. The anime itself went bankrupt because the author does not update quickly u.u if you'd ever had writers block you can try and sympathize >.> sometimes I don't sympathize only because I'm selfish lol. They are discussing another season now that she has 81 chapters. The anime was pretty much made using about 15 chapters^^. Their are two ending themes of the Maid-sama. Each of these clips at the end show what happens in the second season. For instance, the lady with the long flowing hair is Usui's mother.

If anyone wants spoilers I'll give them but I'll put them in spoiler boxes.

I'm poor myself but I can't wait to order the manga books even if they are in Japanese^^

Misaki character appreciation <3
Spoiler:
 

Next will definitely be Sakura and Shizuko. Then Misaki's mom, sister and father^^
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Posts : 920
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 27
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   11th May 2013, 3:09 am

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:

What exactly do you mean by poor image quality? Can you give me a reference?


kaze got the HD masters from japan. but you shloud keep in mind we didnt got blu rays just DVDs. but in the end the quality was not even on DVD standarts. the publisher f**ked everything up :/

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
I don't watch dub. VERY very few anime's that are dubbed are done well. .

the german dubs of Death Note & Madoka Magica are very good. but they are not from Kaze (german VIZ)..

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
What do you mean the Japanese dub of Kaichou wa dub sounds pitched? All of the actors? or the audio quality of the DVD?

when i started the subbed version the whole audio sounds pitched (VA's, BGM, OP/ED, everything :/ )..


______

KWMS & Inu x boku SS are both very good shows when it comes to comedy (+romance) but in the end they are nothing more than silce of life..
plot shows are anime like Death Note or Psycho-Pass...

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   11th May 2013, 11:05 am

Quote :
plot shows are anime like Death Note or Psycho-Pass...

I don't think this is true because everything has a plot. It's just that you like plots that fall into the genre's like Death Note. Maid-sama has a plot.

Just because a plot is not to your tastes doesn't mean there is no plot, it just means it doesn't suit your fancy. I like reading Sci fy but my grams likes reading crime and hates sci fi but they are both genres with plots, she just doesn't read sci fy because it's just not her thing and it really has nothing to do with plot. Seeing as I've actually seen the whole anime and read the books it has a plot. Otherwise what would I be watching and reading? Nothing because in order to have a story even a single episode has a plot mapped out on a story board so I think you might be using the wrong terminology here.

Quote :
kaze got the HD masters from japan. but you shloud keep in mind we didnt got blu rays just DVDs. but in the end the quality was not even on DVD standarts. the publisher f**ked everything up :/

The ones I watched are DVD, bluray doesn't matter much to me. Bluray's to me aren't all that different from DVDs. It's not as easily scratched but I see very little difference in quality. It's a money maker though so they advertise it as much better.

Quote :
the german dubs of Death Note & Madoka Magica are very good. but they are not from Kaze (german VIZ)..

I don't know anything about the German ones as I'm not German and it's probably just the company dealing with the German. I face this problem in America, the companies suck here too but the Japanese ones are perfectly fine. It's the transition that gets screwed uop but hat isn't the original copies fault, that's the people that bought the rights to produce it elsewhere's fault. Whichever company that was in Germany seems to be the problem then, and so it's not a problem for the original Japanese product,

This is why I exclaimed earlier I don't even bother buying dubs of any kind anymore. I go into Barnes and Noble and read a manga before purchasing it as well to make sure it's good. After all, manga are Japanese products just like in Korea they have manhwa and in america they are called Graphic Novels. Anime is basically just a term for Japanese animation, here in America we call them Cartoons^^

Here is episode 8. I have no idea what you mean by pitched and this is HD quality. Please explain why you think there is poor video audio quality because I still don't get it :/

Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3
Posts : 930
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : New York


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   11th May 2013, 2:30 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
They've become one of my top all time favorite anime couples! If I ever decide to start dating again, I'd hope more then anything to find a guy like Usui, he really is just so incredibly... perfect!!!! <3 <3

Usui =

Apart of me really roots for both Hinata and Tora as well.

Hinata is so sweet and as the manga continues you see how deeply he cares for her and how he falls even more in love with his childhood crush and despite knowing he won't win he's okay as long as he's by her side(I also love the growing feelings Suzuna has for Hinata, so MOEE!) He is such a happy go lucky character despite both his parents dying in a crash and him being the only survivor. He knows Usui is his love rival but he looks up to Usui and recognizes what a great Usui is. They even form a sort of best friend/brother like comradeship despite their own little rivalry over Misaki.

He really is a sanshita character because he's not perfect like Usui and while just as tough, Usui is still stronger and tougher. Usui appears older because of his personality while Hinata is innocent, always sunny and cheerful and very in tune with his emotions, an open book^^

In the manga, we see bad-boy Tora who was introduced as a bad-boy playboy start softening up. He's confessed to Misaki a few times but he's had to act accordingly his whole life and he even had a wife chosen for him by his father. He's not like Hinata because he's on equel footing with Usui the only difference is Usui is a sweeter character while Tora is a darker character. Usui never cared about anything until Misaki because he was like Suzuna, kina of expressionless "whatever" kind of thing while Tora has had to act proper but he acts wild behind closed doors, hating everything. He believes people only care for his money, even his best friend Maki and that's another thing that makes him like Misaki because she's the first person who didn't care about what he could offer her.

Ah, this is why I love fandom so much!!!! I can enjoy all my lovey Misaki and Usui feels but also as a fandom lover I can enjoy Misaki-Hinata and Misaki-Tora^^

I also adore Aoi's little crush on Misaki too^^ he's okay not being with her though as long as she's happy and makes cute faces XD he's adorable. He changes a lot throughout the series too!

This is one of the many reasons I love this series. We see so much character growth for ALL of the characters and they all get decent spotlights shown on them.

The idiot Trio makes me squeal cause despite because they are so GAH funny and adorable lol!!!! I adore them @_@ I DO!

Hinata Shintani appreciation <3

Spoiler:
 

Aoi Hyodo character appreciation <3
Spoiler:
 

Aw Im kinda the same way every time I watch an Anime I seem to want to find a guy like the ones I see and Usui seems exactly a guy I would love to find he should be in my top 5 Favorite Anime guys first one is Dark from D.N Angel tho <3... I started watching the Anime last night and I love it its funny how Usui stalks her especially when she's at work. I find it hilarious how he hides her secret for his own pleasure and tells her your my personal made hahaha that made me laugh Very Happy

I'm only on episode 3 but I'm loving the Anime anything with Romance or Action I love I know Maid Sama won't disappoint me Very Happy The characters you mention I haven't met them yet hopefully as I watch the Series I meet them . Though I really want to meet Tora he seems like an interesting Character
Don't worry Nerf as I watch the Series I'll be fangirling with you about the Series

___________________________

   Sigs by Infel, Mi Mako and Lust <3 and Avi by Sailor Selene thank you guys !!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   11th May 2013, 3:50 pm

Quote :
Aw Im kinda the same way every time I watch an Anime I seem to want to find a guy like the ones I see and Usui seems exactly a guy I would love to find he should be in my top 5 Favorite Anime guys first one is Dark from D.N Angel tho <3... I started watching the Anime last night and I love it its funny how Usui stalks her especially when she's at work. I find it hilarious how he hides her secret for his own pleasure and tells her your my personal made hahaha that made me laugh

I'm only on episode 3 but I'm loving the Anime anything with Romance or Action I love I know Maid Sama won't disappoint me The characters you mention I haven't met them yet hopefully as I watch the Series I meet them . Though I really want to meet Tora he seems like an interesting Character
Don't worry Nerf as I watch the Series I'll be fangirling with you about the Series

YEY!! I'm glad you like it^^ That makes me really happy XD

While I know the online manga is missing pages and isn't translated well it's still worth the read so after you finish the anime read the manga. It's not like Sailor Moon because everything is pretty much the same with very minor differences but the manga continues where the anime left off^^

I want to watch DN Angel I haven't seen it yet but I heard it was good^^

I <3 Tora, I don't typically like the bad boy character but I like him and even more so because he appears a lot in the manga <3 <3 <3 He's Usui's true equal haha^^

Feel free to tell me all the things you like about the episodes so far! I'd love to fangirl this series with someone since everyone I know doesn't watch anime^^

Sakura Hanazono appreciation <3

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Posts : 920
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 27
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   11th May 2013, 11:31 pm

i talked about the german release from kaze not freaking fansubs.
of course it is not HD because HD is a Blu Ray format and we just got DVDs. but it was not even on dvds standarts. it looked extremly blurry, like i watched a laser disc instead of a dvd. i can't accept this after spending a lot of money for the first boxed.

and it sounds pitches ON THE GERMAN DVDS because the publisher are incompetent.
you can't compare this with Rips from japan on the internet



seems you watched to much silce of life shows to unserstand what i mean with plot. you can skip a bunch of episodes in KWMS and stil get whats going on...

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   12th May 2013, 2:00 am

Quote :
i talked about the german release from kaze not freaking fansubs.
of course it is not HD because HD is a Blu Ray format and we just got DVDs. but it was not even on dvds standarts. it looked extremly blurry, like i watched a laser disc instead of a dvd. i can't accept this after spending a lot of money for the first boxed.

and it sounds pitches ON THE GERMAN DVDS because the publisher are incompetent.
you can't compare this with Rips from japan on the internet



seems you watched to much silce of life shows to unserstand what i mean with plot. you can skip a bunch of episodes in KWMS and stil get whats goin
g on...[/quote]

Whoa whoa, there is a mis-communication here or something.

And yes I can compare it with that link, the problem is your german DVD/bluray set or whatever, I don't have a problem with the Japanese english subs at all and I haven't heard of anyone else having a problem with them either. I talked about the fansubs because you brought that up in the first place.

Being on DVD or bluray doesn't matter. The only difference is the type of laser used which leaves room for more data. In comparison, Lord of the Rings trilogy would be split up into a lot of DVDs for HD while Blue ray could have DVD on just 2 discs. That's the ONLY difference, that and like I said before about the scratching.

I have no idea why you keep throwing around "Slice of Life" it was a fan assumed title that's become far too popular and the definitions for it are all different. Why don't you check this website out to understand exactly what "Slice of Life" is because apparently I often see a lot of people are confused.

http://chikorita157.com/2010/08/20/what-is-the-definition-of-slice-of-life-anime/

By the way, don't assume I watch too much if any type of anime genre. You don't know me and you don't know what I like. I've seen over 50 different anime so far and all are very different from each other. I don't HAVE a preference or biased in genre the way YOU do.

This thread was made in an appreciation for an anime, if you don't like it then don't comment but don't diss it because it's a type of genre you have an obvious biased against. Instead make your own thread about an anime you do like.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus


Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 20318
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 29
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   12th May 2013, 8:13 pm

Hey guys, I see this is getting a bit heated. Let's chill and keep on topic about Kaichou wa Maid-sama (this thread wasn't really made to have big discussions on genres, etc.) If you wanna talk about that stuff thats fine, but start another thread please. Smile

Thank you!

___________________________


Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3
Posts : 930
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : New York


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th May 2013, 1:19 pm

[quote="nerf-or-nothing"]
Quote :
Aw Im kinda the same way every time I watch an Anime I seem to want to find a guy like the ones I see and Usui seems exactly a guy I would love to find he should be in my top 5 Favorite Anime guys first one is Dark from D.N Angel tho <3... I started watching the Anime last night and I love it its funny how Usui stalks her especially when she's at work. I find it hilarious how he hides her secret for his own pleasure and tells her your my personal made hahaha that made me laugh

I'm only on episode 3 but I'm loving the Anime anything with Romance or Action I love I know Maid Sama won't disappoint me The characters you mention I haven't met them yet hopefully as I watch the Series I meet them . Though I really want to meet Tora he seems like an interesting Character
Don't worry Nerf as I watch the Series I'll be fangirling with you about the Series

YEY!! I'm glad you like it^^ That makes me really happy XD

While I know the online manga is missing pages and isn't translated well it's still worth the read so after you finish the anime read the manga. It's not like Sailor Moon because everything is pretty much the same with very minor differences but the manga continues where the anime left off^^

I want to watch DN Angel I haven't seen it yet but I heard it was good^^

I <3 Tora, I don't typically like the bad boy character but I like him and even more so because he appears a lot in the manga <3 <3 <3 He's Usui's true equal haha^^

Feel free to tell me all the things you like about the episodes so far! I'd love to fangirl this series with someone since everyone I know doesn't watch anime^^




@Nerf I will definitely read it do all online websites have the pages missing though ??? Oh you should definitely watch D.N Angel it's a great Anime though I put it on hold cause the ending is kinda sad I don't want to spoil it for you Sad

Hehe I usually love the bad boys especially if they start dating the typical shy girl <33 Aww I know exactly how you feel all my friends don't like Anime so I usually fangirl to my younger sister about the series I watch But I'm glad I can talk to you about Maid Sama and Usui yayyy

___________________________

   Sigs by Infel, Mi Mako and Lust <3 and Avi by Sailor Selene thank you guys !!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th May 2013, 1:42 pm

Quote :
@Nerf I will definitely read it do all online websites have the pages missing though ??? Oh you should definitely watch D.N Angel it's a great Anime though I put it on hold cause the ending is kinda sad I don't want to spoil it for you

Hehe I usually love the bad boys especially if they start dating the typical shy girl <33 Aww I know exactly how you feel all my friends don't like Anime so I usually fangirl to my younger sister about the series I watch But I'm glad I can talk to you about Maid Sama and Usui yayyy

Unfortunately they've all been uploaded by the same person so all the same pages are missing. There are also a few mini chapters missing dedicated to the other characters. Kuuga and Sakura have a mini chapter that is missing.

There is only one website that has the entire manga but unfortunately it isn't in english, I believe it's the chinese raw scans^^ all of the pages are up in raw form c: I have a link if you'd like Very Happy

One of the things I love about Kaichou wa Manga is that it's the girl that doesn't want to relationship and Usui is the one pushing for it^^

Usui is a bit of a bad boy in the sense that he's such a pervert and he doesn't mind breaking rules lol but at the same time he's a not really the bad boy character like Tora is. Tora is the true bad boy but he's still got a soft side. I guess you could say Usui is the good guy with a bad side and Tora is the bag guy with a good side^^ Hinata is just the cute guy character who despite being like Usui and Tora in strength and cuteness, he's the best friend character type^^

This series is so awesome because it literally has EVERYTHING especially the manga. All the different kinds of character personality types, situations and genres it's got it^^

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3
Posts : 930
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : New York


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   18th May 2013, 11:39 am

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Quote :
@Nerf I will definitely read it do all online websites have the pages missing though ??? Oh you should definitely watch D.N Angel it's a great Anime though I put it on hold cause the ending is kinda sad I don't want to spoil it for you

Hehe I usually love the bad boys especially if they start dating the typical shy girl <33 Aww I know exactly how you feel all my friends don't like Anime so I usually fangirl to my younger sister about the series I watch But I'm glad I can talk to you about Maid Sama and Usui yayyy

Unfortunately they've all been uploaded by the same person so all the same pages are missing. There are also a few mini chapters missing dedicated to the other characters. Kuuga and Sakura have a mini chapter that is missing.

There is only one website that has the entire manga but unfortunately it isn't in english, I believe it's the chinese raw scans^^ all of the pages are up in raw form c: I have a link if you'd like Very Happy

One of the things I love about Kaichou wa Manga is that it's the girl that doesn't want to relationship and Usui is the one pushing for it^^

Usui is a bit of a bad boy in the sense that he's such a pervert and he doesn't mind breaking rules lol but at the same time he's a not really the bad boy character like Tora is. Tora is the true bad boy but he's still got a soft side. I guess you could say Usui is the good guy with a bad side and Tora is the bag guy with a good side^^ Hinata is just the cute guy character who despite being like Usui and Tora in strength and cuteness, he's the best friend character type^^

This series is so awesome because it literally has EVERYTHING especially the manga. All the different kinds of character personality types, situations and genres it's got it^^

Spoiler:
 

I havtta agree Maid Sama has everything Romance Comedy and some Drama I wish it was a little longer though 26 episodes are not enough the Manga is still ongoing Sad

I just love Usui he's so sexyyy and I love like you say he pushes for a relationship with Misaki I think its so adorable usually the girl is the one chasing after him now its the opposite . I do wonder if they get married in the Manga how far are you in the Manga Nerf ???

___________________________

   Sigs by Infel, Mi Mako and Lust <3 and Avi by Sailor Selene thank you guys !!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   18th May 2013, 11:55 am

Quote :
I havtta agree Maid Sama has everything Romance Comedy and some Drama I wish it was a little longer though 26 episodes are not enough the Manga is still ongoing

I just love Usui he's so sexyyy and I love like you say he pushes for a relationship with Misaki I think its so adorable usually the girl is the one chasing after him now its the opposite . I do wonder if they get married in the Manga how far are you in the Manga Nerf ???

It does it does and he is he is^^ I also like the fact that the guy is chasing the girl for once, it's not something that usually happens in manga and I like the way Hiro plotted out the idea^^

Spoiler:
 

I love how it has everything and it's so unique^^
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3
Posts : 930
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : New York


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   21st May 2013, 11:08 am

I know that's what I love about Usui for once he's chasing the girl. I think its very cute . Do you think they will end up marrying though I'm very curious I usually like those endings <3

Yayyy really do you think there will be a second season is it really popular to get another season though. Seems to be only Anime that are popular get another Season

___________________________

   Sigs by Infel, Mi Mako and Lust <3 and Avi by Sailor Selene thank you guys !!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed


Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   21st May 2013, 3:50 pm

Quote :
I know that's what I love about Usui for once he's chasing the girl. I think its very cute . Do you think they will end up marrying though I'm very curious I usually like those endings <3

If you read the manga, you'll be pleasantly surprised^^ that's not a yes or no, but you'll enjoy chapter 81. It's still on-going Very Happy

Quote :
Yayyy really do you think there will be a second season is it really popular to get another season though. Seems to be only Anime that are popular get another Season

Probably. The anime was made before all these new volumes kept popping out. By the time the anime was finished, she didn't have enough chapters for a second season. What was written would have only produced maybe 10 if not less episodes :/

She's got a lot more written now and it's very popular in Japan, China and America^^ so it's very likely.

Sometimes anime gets delayed for a couple years, sometimes the anime doesn't wait and they continue the story with their own plot line until the mangaka can come up with more material.

Sailor Moon Ail and Aan was an anime only thing until Naoko Takeuchi was able to get more of her manga finished because they were being produced at the same time. One of the many reasons the manga and anime are so different.

A lot of anime companies as of the last few years are trying to stick closer to the manga storylines now though^^

I'd say yes most likely another season will happen or they'll release it as an OVA^^

Quote :
I hope this is true http://season-release-date.com/maid-sama-season-2-release-date/

This may or may not be true but it's nice to hope^^
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal


Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3
Posts : 930
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : New York


PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   22nd May 2013, 11:41 am

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Quote :
I know that's what I love about Usui for once he's chasing the girl. I think its very cute . Do you think they will end up marrying though I'm very curious I usually like those endings <3

If you read the manga, you'll be pleasantly surprised^^ that's not a yes or no, but you'll enjoy chapter 81. It's still on-going Very Happy

Quote :
Yayyy really do you think there will be a second season is it really popular to get another season though. Seems to be only Anime that are popular get another Season

Probably. The anime was made before all these new volumes kept popping out. By the time the anime was finished, she didn't have enough chapters for a second season. What was written would have only produced maybe 10 if not less episodes :/

She's got a lot more written now and it's very popular in Japan, China and America^^ so it's very likely.

Sometimes anime gets delayed for a couple years, sometimes the anime doesn't wait and they continue the story with their own plot line until the mangaka can come up with more material.

Sailor Moon Ail and Aan was an anime only thing until Naoko Takeuchi was able to get more of her manga finished because they were being produced at the same time. One of the many reasons the manga and anime are so different.

A lot of anime companies as of the last few years are trying to stick closer to the manga storylines now though^^

I'd say yes most likely another season will happen or they'll release it as an OVA^^

Quote :
I hope this is true http://season-release-date.com/maid-sama-season-2-release-date/

This may or may not be true but it's nice to hope^^

OMG I'm very excited to start reading Maid Sama. I needa know if there's a possibility of Misaki and Usui getting married I hope yes but like you said the manga is still on going so we wont be sure till Hiro Fujiwara finishes it

Yayyyy I'm so happy after reading the link you gave me I'm crossing my fingers there will be a second season . I never knew Maid Sama was really popular in the U.S . The other day I was my myanimelist and I read Maid Sama was more popular then Sailor Moon was. Maid Sama was rank on the list 147 and Sailor Moon 502

___________________________

   Sigs by Infel, Mi Mako and Lust <3 and Avi by Sailor Selene thank you guys !!
Back to top Go down
 

Kaichou Wa Maid-sama

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-