Kaichou Wa Maid-sama

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   22nd May 2013, 4:34 pm

I wonder if they are waiting for the final installment to do the second season, the manga is ending very soon Hiro has stated^^

Even though some pages are missing, they aren't big misses, and the mini chapter that hasn't been translated is solely about Kuuga and Sakura because the artist wants to give all her characters a spotlight despite it mainly focusing on Usui and Misaki, so you should still read the manga online since it's so worth it. If you enjoy it buy it too, that's what I've been doing(Although I'm poor now I can't afford anymore u.u)

You'll DEFINITELY enjoy it^^
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   23rd May 2013, 1:28 pm

Yayyy I will totally read it I'm very excited would you say Maid Sama is your favorite Shojo Manga/Anime ???

Sigs by Infel, Mi Mako and Lust <3 and Avi by Sailor Selene thank you guys !!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   23rd May 2013, 3:36 pm

It's up there in my favorite's for the genre but I have too many to say it's a favorite. I will say Usui is one of my favorite shojo anime guys and Misaki is one of my all time favorite tsundere though^^
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   24th May 2013, 7:54 pm

I know it must be hard especially cause Maid Sama is a great Anime would you say it's tie with Sailor Moon or Sailor Moon is better ??

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   25th May 2013, 3:51 am

I have a lot of favorites. Over all Sailor Moon is my favorite because it was the first anime and manga I ever saw, and it's just got so many precious memories for me.

But I catalog my favorites differently I guess. I don't see Maid-sama and Sailor Moon on the same category despite them both being in the Shoujo genre.

I'd say Sailor Moon is my favorite over Tokyo Mew Mew and Card Captor Sakura and I love them both, to me they are the same kind of series and Maid-sama isn't quite like that :/

Although I haven't seen many non-supernatural-like anime or manga yet Maid-sama is one of my favorites. I'm watching Toradora and I think it's so awesome, and I've seen Clannad and it's amazing.

I guess it's best to say, I can't favorite separate anime or manga series or try to compare them against each other on a which is better kind of view because I find them too different even though the plots and/or characters might be similar, they each have their own story to tell and if I like it, than I like it^^

I can favorite different versions though. Like I love the Sailor Moon manga over the anime(Although I like them both.) Or I like the Fooly Cooly anime better than the manga version. Inuyasha anime over the manga.

It's a tie between Maid-sama anime and manga though lol I really can not pick a favorite because there is only one season of Maid-sama and OVA whereas the manga continues it's story and both versions are just far to amazing...

I like the anime because the animation is so smooth and designed so well, and the voice acting is some of the best I've ever heard and the music is good too^^ I also adore that it is almost exactly like the manga. The story is nearly identical. The sequences of events are only slightly different, and there are minor differences in some of the episodes but it's all so minor that you feel as if everything is the same as the manga and that's a big plus for me.

I like the manga because there is a lot more to the story as it continues and the continuation of it is just so well written, so many plot twists and characters you hate originally you end up loving. You get to find out more about the characters, whereas most series leave out information, this mangaka is trying to fill in the blacks and plotholes that occur in so many others. Like we learn of Usui's family, Misaki's father, and quite a few other things ^.~ I won't spoil the details for you.

So, I guess I can't answer because I can't pick favorites cause if I like it I like it, and if I don't like it, I just won't talk about it because then it wouldn't matter anyway^^

How far have you gotten into the anime and have you read any of the manga yet? What's you place, and then tell me why you like Maid-sama in your opinion from what you've seen?

The best thing fans of anime and manga should do is share the series they like, and why^^
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   29th May 2013, 12:34 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
I have a lot of favorites. Over all Sailor Moon is my favorite because it was the first anime and manga I ever saw, and it's just got so many precious memories for me.

But I catalog my favorites differently I guess. I don't see Maid-sama and Sailor Moon on the same category despite them both being in the Shoujo genre.

I'd say Sailor Moon is my favorite over Tokyo Mew Mew and Card Captor Sakura and I love them both, to me they are the same kind of series and Maid-sama isn't quite like that :/

Although I haven't seen many non-supernatural-like anime or manga yet Maid-sama is one of my favorites. I'm watching Toradora and I think it's so awesome, and I've seen Clannad and it's amazing.

I guess it's best to say, I can't favorite separate anime or manga series or try to compare them against each other on a which is better kind of view because I find them too different even though the plots and/or characters might be similar, they each have their own story to tell and if I like it, than I like it^^

I can favorite different versions though. Like I love the Sailor Moon manga over the anime(Although I like them both.) Or I like the Fooly Cooly anime better than the manga version. Inuyasha anime over the manga.

It's a tie between Maid-sama anime and manga though lol I really can not pick a favorite because there is only one season of Maid-sama and OVA whereas the manga continues it's story and both versions are just far to amazing...

I like the anime because the animation is so smooth and designed so well, and the voice acting is some of the best I've ever heard and the music is good too^^ I also adore that it is almost exactly like the manga. The story is nearly identical. The sequences of events are only slightly different, and there are minor differences in some of the episodes but it's all so minor that you feel as if everything is the same as the manga and that's a big plus for me.

I like the manga because there is a lot more to the story as it continues and the continuation of it is just so well written, so many plot twists and characters you hate originally you end up loving. You get to find out more about the characters, whereas most series leave out information, this mangaka is trying to fill in the blacks and plotholes that occur in so many others. Like we learn of Usui's family, Misaki's father, and quite a few other things ^.~ I won't spoil the details for you.

So, I guess I can't answer because I can't pick favorites cause if I like it I like it, and if I don't like it, I just won't talk about it because then it wouldn't matter anyway^^

How far have you gotten into the anime and have you read any of the manga yet? What's you place, and then tell me why you like Maid-sama in your opinion from what you've seen?

The best thing fans of anime and manga should do is share the series they like, and why^^
Yea I know what you mean Nerf I'm the same way Sailor Moon is the first Anime I saw and thanks to it I got into Anime and have a lot of beautiful Memories of the Series But I can't say its my favorite Shoujo that Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne has that place tied with Full Moon o Sagashite. Oh but Maid Sama would be getting close to the other two series . What makes me love this Anime is Usui he's my Favorite character of the Anime.
I still haven't gotten the chance to read the Manga trying to finish the Anime first then go into the Manga afterwards . I've heard good things from the Manga. I'm still on episode 4 on Maid Sama like you said before I'm also watching a lot Anime at the moment trying to balance all of them one at a time. But I'm really enjoying Maid Sama
One thing I can share with you is I Absolutely love Usuiiiii

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   29th May 2013, 5:33 pm

Usui is such an attractive character for SO many different reasons! He's just incredible^^

The anime ends around in the 30th to 35th(I think) chapter area, and the sequence of events are slightly off but the manga then goes on for several more chapters. So far, 82 are posted online^^ there is a full volume 18 online as well but it's not in English :/

One thing I must say, if you read the manga don't be biased in the beginning because of the different art style. It's still wonderful art in the first chapters BUT the artist then completely changes her style and improves to the point the art looks like the anime^^ it's such a fun read.

My favorite characters are most of the cafe staff, mainly Erika and Suburu. They don't get much face time, but they get enough that I just adore their characters. They're so funny^^

Other than that, I can't choose a favorite because they are ALL just too amazing, and the manga just further makes all these characters that much more amazing.

It's rare for a series to include such depth to characterization and backgrounds for supoorting and side-characters and this is one thing I adore about Maid-sama.

If I ever decide to date again, I could only hope I'd find myself a Usui! It's not possible because he's just so perfect, it makes me so saaadddd!

Beginning of manga art style!

Spoiler:

Art style of manga changed!

Spoiler:

It is SUCH a quick change by volume, but by chapter it't such a gradual thing page per page that you don't even realize it's changed and become such incredibly beautiful art! Not that it was bad to begin with, I just prefer that anime art design and apparently do did the manga-ka because by the time volume 2 hits, the style is already changed and improved and as she continues to draw, she only gets even better!
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   2nd June 2013, 7:32 am

Bumpy!

This is for Moonlight Ray which asked for the missing chapter (:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 11:37 am

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Usui is such an attractive character for SO many different reasons! He's just incredible^^

The anime ends around in the 30th to 35th(I think) chapter area, and the sequence of events are slightly off but the manga then goes on for several more chapters. So far, 82 are posted online^^ there is a full volume 18 online as well but it's not in English :/

One thing I must say, if you read the manga don't be biased in the beginning because of the different art style. It's still wonderful art in the first chapters BUT the artist then completely changes her style and improves to the point the art looks like the anime^^ it's such a fun read.

My favorite characters are most of the cafe staff, mainly Erika and Suburu. They don't get much face time, but they get enough that I just adore their characters. They're so funny^^

Other than that, I can't choose a favorite because they are ALL just too amazing, and the manga just further makes all these characters that much more amazing.

It's rare for a series to include such depth to characterization and backgrounds for supoorting and side-characters and this is one thing I adore about Maid-sama.

If I ever decide to date again, I could only hope I'd find myself a Usui! It's not possible because he's just so perfect, it makes me so saaadddd!

Beginning of manga art style!

Spoiler:

Art style of manga changed!

Spoiler:

It is SUCH a quick change by volume, but by chapter it't such a gradual thing page per page that you don't even realize it's changed and become such incredibly beautiful art! Not that it was bad to begin with, I just prefer that anime art design and apparently do did the manga-ka because by the time volume 2 hits, the style is already changed and improved and as she continues to draw, she only gets even better!

Aw yes Usui is one attractive guy which girl wouldn't want to date a guy like him. I also agree with you if I ever start dating again I want to find my own Usui Smile Don't think like that I believe there's a guy like Usui waiting for us out there Wink

Why hasn't Maid Sama been translated yet if its so popular though why are pages missing I started reading it and got lost ???

Oh gosh I like the art style from the second part why are they so different though Nerf ???? Erika and Suburu are my favorite characters to I really like them they are really funny

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 12:43 pm

It's the same reason there is no second season. The Artist Hiro said on her facebook that because everyone is reading it online for free, and they can watch it for free, the sales go down and it affects the everything for a series.

I read it online but I'm also buying the manga, when I have the money I plan to continue buying the Chinese volumes too^^

There are, I think, 12 volumes that were translated into English but because it's all over the internet for free it's affecting sales :C I only have 3 volumes in English which is why I know there are pages posted on the internet that are missing and some of the scanlations are wrong.

I don't mind reading on the internet, especially if I want to test a series before spending the money, if I like the series though I buy it because I've seen other great series effected in the same way u.u

You can't produce and sell something that can be found for free

It's a shame, so I'll encourage you, if you like something buy it! You should also check out Hiro-sans facebook Very Happy

I still check out the scanlations because bills are heavy right now, but I still plan on buying the merchandise.

I'm doing the same with my newest passion Akatsuki no Yona(This is seriously a super sad manga though, totally different genre from Maid-sama, but I just love Yona's realistic character growth and her strength^^) I just bought the first volume but I've read a lot online.

My next purchase is going to be for 5th volume of Black Butler and 3rd volume of Black Bird^^

There's too many I want to buy but I'm poor so I can only buy one thing a month lol...

Have you seen the live action drama for Death Note? jkarghjkghjfgajgfjagf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should lol...

Anyway, it's all about respecting the creators of the series. I know it's wrong to read online but that's why I said in previous posts, don't forget to buy. Over in Japan the series is really popular in sales, but here in the US it's only popular on the internet because no one has to buy it to see it u.u

As for why pages are missing and the translations are wrong in some areas is due to the fact of the scanlator.

I intend to also buy Kyou Koi wo Hajimesau because I love the story.

I'm 26 so I enjoy some more mature manga types like this one lol, but the scanlators did an absolutely HORRIBLE job! I'm trying so hard to enjoy the story but I keep thinking to myself *These people really chibi me off*. The editing is so choppy, the pages are blurry, and the translations are often confusing and grammatically incorrect. The series is into it's 80th chapters and I can tell there are several different people working on it and some of those people just down right suck at scanlating.

I push through though, because Sailor Moon's official translations were done so poorly and those were people who were paid to do that u.u

I only buy one manga/anime merchandise a month because aside from bills, I'm going to buy Rosette Stone.

As for the art style, I mentioned it in the thread a while ago about the art change I think^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 2:09 pm

I'm reading it online
It's super funny so far
A guy from school completely ruined Fullmetal Alchemist for me but I'm sure he doesn't read this so hopefully it will not be ruined!

Love, Sailor Candy 
Avatar and signature by myself, Bumpers by Sailor Mercury and Tsuki
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 2:17 pm

Quote :
I'm reading it online
It's super funny so far
A guy from school completely ruined Fullmetal Alchemist for me but I'm sure he doesn't read this so hopefully it will not be ruined!

You should still read Full Metal it's totally worth it!! And it's even got two different anime versions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 2:21 pm

I know but he told me that Alphonse dies and that he dies in the manga, the original anime, and brotherhood! And I was halfway through!

Love, Sailor Candy 
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 2:42 pm

Quote :
I know but he told me that Alphonse dies and that he dies in the manga, the original anime, and brotherhood! And I was halfway through!

He lied lol C:
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 2:43 pm

Bump

Well partially. He dies but he doesn't go away, just watch it trust me lol
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 2:44 pm

He said he dies but comes back to life and then Ed gave up his alchemy powers but he got his hand back

Love, Sailor Candy 
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 2:45 pm

We're getting off topic *sigh*

Love, Sailor Candy 
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   4th June 2013, 2:56 pm

You should make a full metal thread XD

Each anime has a different ending. Brotherhood follows the more closely manga, if I remember correctly :/ (They used the same voice actors for both animes which made me really happy! It'd be weird hearing them sound so different haha Very Happy)

Alphonse technically doesn't even die, it's such a complicated situation and I don't know how to word it without spoiling it for you, but this is the case for both animes(Although so sooo different)

If you make that thread, let me know what you've seen of it so far so I know not to spoil anything for you (:

Edward, Roy, Armstrong, Alphonse and so many others are such awesome characters, and the plot is so amazing(One of the more gruesome series I've seen but worth it) and so incredibly touching. (LOTS OF HUMOR despite all the serious stuff, the story does what many fail to do, and that's provide proper comic relief c:)

To keep on Maid-sama topic though,

Maid-sama is awesome though I'm glad you're enjoying it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 9:02 am

I finally caught up with the manga c:

Love, Sailor Candy 
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 9:06 am

Maid-sama? Which part are you at?!?

I'm sad to see it's ending soon, at least, that's what the rumors say u.u

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 9:14 am

I just finished chapter 82

Love, Sailor Candy 
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 9:42 am

So do you think Usui is perfect or what? He's ruined all guys for me now. I might never get into a relationship because I want a guy like him AND IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! Makes me sad lol
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 10:03 am

He's too much of a perv for me :/

Love, Sailor Candy 
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 10:42 am

lol I like that about him^^ So what kind of guys do you like then?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 10:45 am

People that aren't dumb and that like me for who I am, so my standards are almost impossible

Love, Sailor Candy 
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 10:58 am

Yeah that's pretty much me. The guys gotta be loyal and honest, like me for who I am and not because of how I look, not be stupid and not be follower or fake at all, appreciate my mind and not get upset that I'm stubborn or aggressive with my opinions at times lol... be able to make me laugh and blush... it's literally impossible :/ I'm tired of settling though. I dunno why but I'm still talking to my ex and he's... a cheater and a follower lol. Suuucks. I really dunno why I still talk with him. We spent nearly 3 years together and lived together for so long. Ugh, I can't discuss this anymore.

I love Misaki's character, she's just too awesome of a female lead but I do like Suzuna.

The manager of Maid-cafe looks just like Hotaru, especially in the anime lol
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 11:05 am

I love Misaki; she's my alter ego that appears when I get mad

Love, Sailor Candy 
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   13th June 2013, 11:17 am

I love that she kicks major butt and doesn't change for anyone and is a protector of sorts. There aren't too many series with characters like hers^^

I love that her mom has gold eyes and is a bit clumsy and named Minako haha
Back to top Go down
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   15th June 2013, 2:19 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Yeah that's pretty much me. The guys gotta be loyal and honest, like me for who I am and not because of how I look, not be stupid and not be follower or fake at all, appreciate my mind and not get upset that I'm stubborn or aggressive with my opinions at times lol... be able to make me laugh and blush... it's literally impossible :/ I'm tired of settling though. I dunno why but I'm still talking to my ex and he's... a cheater and a follower lol. Suuucks. I really dunno why I still talk with him. We spent nearly 3 years together and lived together for so long. Ugh, I can't discuss this anymore.

I love Misaki's character, she's just too awesome of a female lead but I do like Suzuna.

The manager of Maid-cafe looks just like Hotaru, especially in the anime lol

Yea Misaki's personality is awesome I absolutely love it she's my second favorite female character first is Asuna from SAO .

I know you said you didn't wanna talk about your issue but I do want to advice you the best thing to do is to stop talking to your ex the only thing hes doing is complicated your life. Be aware he isn't the only guy in the world I know there has to be other guys crushing on you Smile .

Oh btw I cant believe Maid Sama is ending so soon I'm really hopong something happens between Usui and Misaki Smile

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kaichou Wa Maid-sama   19th June 2013, 10:20 pm

I know I should quit talking to him. It's difficult, we have a long history together and we lived together and he was, annoyingly, my first real love. Blegh.

Lol, he's just easier for me to get along with. I don't feel like doing anything aside from work. I don't want to go out or see anyone and he's just safest to hang out with. I do not intend to date him ever again, I know I'll probably get hurt so I won't even give him the chance but I feel safest hanging with him verses meeting new people since I kicked out all the other people from my life because they were into such horrible and/or childish lifestyles. If I don't ever get out, I'll end up like a hermit and while I'm fine with that, I know it's not healthy to never get out so I'm putting up with it for now.

Don't worry, I'll be careful^^ thanks for the advice c:

I'm hoping something happens between Usui and Misaki too, I hope we get to see the wedding!
Back to top Go down

Kaichou Wa Maid-sama

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-