HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Games must pursue new frontiers, says Suda 51

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Games must pursue new frontiers, says Suda 51   28th July 2013, 9:44 am

No More Heroes designer Goichi Suda says games can become "culture and art" if designers do more than shooters and racers.

If games are to be thought of in the realm of culture and art, developers must do more than make mainstream titles like shooters and racers. That's according to Grasshopper Manufacture CEO Goichi Suda, aka Suda 51, who discussed in a new Edge interview why creating unique games is so important to the developer.

"So I think video games are becoming an important, and a dominant, form of entertainment worldwide. And in that landscape, I truly feel that our shooters, racers, and our mainstream games have been covered, checked off and done well," he said.

Source

I definitely agree with this. Shooters and racers are all fine but it would be nice to have more variety. I'm also among those who believe games can be art and would challenge anyone who think otherwise to play through the Metal Gear Solid series. I can't think of a better example of games that can be considered art than those. Great story, cast of characters, voice acting, gameplay and replayability. It just has everything that a game, and a movie, could ever need.

So, do you agree or disagree with Suda 51? Why and why not? What kind of games would you like to see made outside of mainstream games and are there any example of games you can think of that you believe can be considered art? Go ahead and share them!

And have a bunny 

Ayen's Reviews
Now reviewing video games and movies because why not?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ToriJGameReview https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova

Games must pursue new frontiers, says Suda 51

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Star Garden :: Gamers Lounge-