Horror/Psychological/Gritty Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Horror/Psychological/Gritty Series   13th September 2011, 2:45 pm

I am a HUGE horror fanatic. I'm never scared, but it's just a genre I adore!

My favorite horror series is probably Hell Girl. I've seen all the episodes and own all the copies of the manga. It's very thought provoking!

I am also a massive fan of Junji Ito, the mangaka who created Uzumaki, Tomie, and Gyo. I've read every single one of his short stories that have been translated into English. Another horror series I enjoy is Franken Fran, which is very funny, in a really dark way.

I have read countless horror oneshots, short series, and anthologies, so I won't bore you with the details. If you're looking for a quick and scary read, I'm your gal! PM me! Wink

Enough blabbering from me. Are there any fellow horror Moonies out there?

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Horror/Psychological/Gritty Series   13th September 2011, 11:30 pm

I'm not that into horror as a genre, but sometimes there are really amazing stories! Like Monster by Urasawa Naoki. He does super-awesome psychological stuff generally, actually, and just tells amazing stories. So creepy! I think I mentioned that I'm reading Pluto, his remix of Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy, which has basically become a gritty detective noir piece. *__*

And I love Black Lagoon, haha, which also falls under (overblown) noir rather than horror, and should probably be counted as a guilty pleasure. But I am a sucker for criminal stuff, and if it has ladies then so much the better. & oh how Black Lagoon has ladies. With guns. Guh.
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
hydra
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : hydra | audrey

PostSubject: Re: Horror/Psychological/Gritty Series   3rd November 2011, 6:19 pm

i LOVE uzumaki so much, i just couldn't stop reading. has made me notice spirals more often though...

MY HEART IS A KALEIDOSCOPE
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Horror/Psychological/Gritty Series   7th April 2012, 10:32 pm

nothing beats "higurashi no naku koro ni/higurashi no naku koro ni kai" (also know as "When they cry")
they are a lot of bloody animes but believe higurashi was the ONLY one that really scares me + the moe comedy moments make the scary parts even more scary
higurashi have also a complicated (but really good) plot and (yes) a message. but you need to watch both seasons to understand it (it have a reason that the first season are called "question arcs" and the second season "answer arcs" xD )

OT: that OST was used in the first ep of SM-Sacrifice
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/

Horror/Psychological/Gritty Series

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-