HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AnimeJason20xx
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Animation Crusader and Fan of Sailor Moon since 1995

PostSubject: Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors)   Sat 14 Dec 2013, 20:35

Do you guys ever heard of an anime called Yoroiden Samurai Troopers?  It is known in the states as Ronin Warriors.  In case you don't know, here is the synopsis of this underrated gem in anime:

A 1,000 years ago (not to be confused with the Sailor Moon storyline), a demon emperor named Arago (Talpa) came from another world to threaten the mortal world until a mysterious monk named Kaos (The Ancient) fought and defeated him.  Although Arago's spirit is back to his world, Kaos can't destroy the armor.  However, he did the only other thing possible to prevent him from returning: turning Arago's armor into 9 separate ones, each with 9 virtues and powered by both the elements and the four seasons.  Unfortunately, when Arago returned, he took the 4 seasonal armors and gave them to four troubled souls, which in turn, became his Masho (Dark Warlords).  Luckily for Kaos, the remaining 5 armors were safe in his hands and somewhere down the road, were given to 5 young men, whose personality and traits were based of the armor's virtues.

Fast forward to present time, Arago and his Masho came to the mortal world and left Tokyo into eternal darkness. The only ones capable of stopping his evil, were the Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors).

Created by Sunrise, the same guys responisible for the Gundam series, this anime lasted 39 episodes, which was followed by 3 OAVs, which were different from the actual anime itself. When it came to the states in the summer of 1995, before Sailor Moon came to the States, Graz Entertainment and Ocean Group acquired the rights to the anime.  However, because of fears of a lawsuit by both DIC Entertainment (Cookie Jar Entertainment) and Saban because of there respective shows, Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad and VR Troopers, Yoroiden Samurai Troopers was renamed Ronin Warriors.  Despite the title change and most of the characters names were changed, too, Ronin Warriors stayed true to its original source material.

Though not as big as Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z, Ronin Warriors has a small, but loyal following. All in due part for some of the merchandising, including the release of Armor Plus figures in Japan (a must have if you are a fan of Ronin Warriors or other animes that have armored heroes or villains).

To end this blog, I will leave you a small collage of both the Ronin Warriors and the Inner Senshi and this is based on my point of view on how the characters should be compared.  Leave me a comment and tell me what you think of this anime, your favorite characters and such.  My favorites are Rekka no Ryo (Ryo of the Wildfire), Kongo no Shuu (Kento of Hardrock) and Oni Masho Shuten Doji (Ogre Warlord Anubis).

Ryo/Sailor Moon - Leadership and Ultimate Forms (Kikoutei (Inferno)/Super and Eternal Sailor Moon)
Rowen (Touma)/Sailor Mars - Bow and Arrow themed attacks and believers of Yin and Yang
Cye (Shin)/Sailor Mercury - Blue, Good swimmers and have water-based attacks
Sage (Seiji)/Sailor Jupiter - Green, Self-Defense, and Thunder attacks
Kento (Shuu)/Sailor Venus - Orange, Silly, filled with Justice and has light/metal based attacks

"For justice, for freedom, for honesty, FOR ANIMATION!" - Anime Jason: Animation Crusader Cool 
Back to top Go down
http://cartoonhistorian.blogspot.com/ https://twitter.com/AnimeJason1983 http://animejason2010.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/AnimeJason2011
Mooni444
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors)   Mon 20 Jan 2014, 20:38

*hums* My favorite is Rowen. I use the English names since I haven't been able to find the anime in Japanese anywhere, even online. Which irks me. Greatly.

But, you know, it's so great knowing that there are other people who know who these boys are, because the Ronin Warriors were my childhood, right up there with Sailor Moon.

And I have been doing my hardest to pass on my love for these boys to other people, and, to my utter delight, I managed to get one person to love them as much as I do. Though her favorite is Cye.

I don't have any of the figures, mostly because you can't find them anywhere but online, and because I'm a broke college student, but I did find all of the episodes, as well as the OVA's, in a boxed set for less than $40 on amazon, which made me so so happy.

Back to top Go down
http://mooni444.tumblr.com/
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors)   Thu 26 Mar 2015, 21:42

Hope nobody minds that I revive this thread? Because alongside Sailor Moon in 1995 when I was in high school, this was one of my key gateway anime shows. And while my preference these days lies more with the original Samurai Troopers version, it's still a show that's very near and dear to my heart. There's still a small yet very loyal fandom out there, especially on Tumblr, and there are a lot of us who still cosplay it too (I myself cosplay Seiji/Sage, Touma/Rowen, Shin/Cye, and Nasuti/Mia).

And did you know? It's getting a DVD re-release here in the US! Discotek already put out a collected set of the OAVs at the end of February, and a full set of the TV series will be coming out in late April (although unlike the OAV set, this will be sub-only--they're still trying to secure rights to the dub; if they can get it, they'll be releasing that separately). Between this and the really nice new (and expensive x_x) figures that have been coming out in Japan the past handful of years, it's a really good time to be a fan again.

(Oh yes, and my favorite character has always been Seiji/Sage, with Touma/Rowen a close second. I identify with them a lot personality-wise, and they're generally just interesting characters.)

Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors)   Mon 04 May 2015, 03:22

The subbed series is out now. I don't know about the dubbed version.

Current In-Progress Fan Fic: Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com http://joyousmenma93.livejournal.com

Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-