Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Feorin
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   25th June 2014, 4:15 pm

Mamoru's cloths remind me of his high school outfit from the manga. I don't think it was green. If this is true then it makes me happy because everyone forgets the first two arcs of the manga he is a senior in HS. It is the other three arcs that he does college.

I like this more because it puts them in a more moderate age gap. I know 14 with any age seems bad, but he is like 17 or 18 and a four year age difference is not a big deal as she gets to 15 and 16.

~He couldn't believe she had done it. He didn't think she could do it, but she did more then steal his heart.~
~ Coloring done by Notdazie ~ Quote and Edits by Greenpea501 ~
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   8th July 2014, 11:08 am

I'm kind of bothered on how some people keep hating the designs because they look "anorexic." 

If this design was used in the 90's anime and the 90's design was used in this one, people would then complain that they look too chubby. Society is never satisfied.

I like how Usagi is taller so now she won't have to go on her tippy toes too much when she wants to kiss Mamoru. :3  Also in the old one if you put Mamoru and Usagi together, it would sometimes look like Usagi is his little sister or something. Now she looks more older which I like.

Bumbers made by Neo Queen Serenity, Avi and Siggy by Sailor Mercury
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   8th July 2014, 6:57 pm

Omg now I see why this always bothered me. Just compare the two images.

I think this just shows everything that I dislike about Crystal!Usagi's design. xD

Avie by Marsiepan|| Eternal Knight's Myufu <3

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Astrea
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   22nd July 2014, 7:45 pm

Small Lady wrote:

I think this just shows everything that I dislike about Crystal!Usagi's design. xD

I agree. Usagi always seemed slig off to me as with the rest of the characters design but i guess its becuase of the Eyes?? The eyes aren't as pretty and expressive as the manga. The eys also give usagi that charm and innocent young look too.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   25th July 2014, 7:50 pm

I miss the old Dad glasses but he looks very young in this version.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   2nd August 2014, 5:27 pm

And did anyone else notice that sailor moon has light pink highlights in her transformation but not after she is transformed?

Back to top Go down
Sailor Leg Lamp
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Inner Senshi Admin Member Support Director

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   2nd August 2014, 5:32 pm

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but are the shoulder pads (or lack thereof) for Sailor Mercury different from the others?

Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   2nd August 2014, 5:33 pm

She didn't have pads in the manga.

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Katsumi Michiko
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Sailor Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   2nd August 2014, 5:51 pm

What I dislike:
-Mars's lack of pendant
-Jupiter's lack of belt
-Luna's red eyes
-Moon's lack of her mask
-Princess Serenity's blonde hair
-ends of Serenity's dress, and the opaqueness
-QUEEN SERENITY'S blonde hair...WHY!!!
However, I do mostly like everything else...so far...

Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   22nd August 2014, 5:13 pm

Queen Beryl's design from Crystal!

Back to top Go down
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Sailor Ceres ❤ Diana's Wife ❤

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   22nd August 2014, 5:17 pm

I really don't care much for Rei's design. I think it might be the eyes? :/

I also hate how Queen Serenity and Princess Serenity are blonde. Whyyyy??

Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   22nd August 2014, 7:41 pm

@Astrea wrote:
Small Lady wrote:

I agree. Usagi always seemed slig off to me as with the rest of the characters design but i guess its becuase of the Eyes?? The eyes aren't as pretty and expressive as the manga. The eys also give usagi that charm and innocent young look too.

Actually you're right. The reason why Usagi looks so off from the manga version of her is because of her eyes. And it's not just in this shot it's throughout all of the animation we've seen so far. It took me a while to figure out why she looked so weird but that's it. I'll explain:

When drawing manga eyes, the closer you draw the lid of the eye to the iris, the older the person looks (along with facial structure and other factors), but the eyes are a very big contributor to how old the girl/guy looks. 

Here's young Usagi's eye from the first season: 

And here's older Usagi's eye from the last season:

It's not much of a difference seen here, but it makes a big difference when drawing a character, as you can see from the pictures in Small Lady's post. 

The reason Usagi looks so off to us in Crystal is because they are literally drawing her to look older. They probably are doing it because they want her to be pretty all the time but unfortunately it takes away from her cute and innocent look that we were all looking forward to with the first season :/

Avie by me, Sigs by Az, Goddess Saturn, and the beautiful Gemma. bipper sig fanart
Back to top Go down
http://angstyotps.tumblr.com http://mysteryandlove.deviantart.com
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   24th August 2014, 6:23 am

Naru's full design.

Back to top Go down
Addelyn

Title : GC's Official Nephrite - On LOA

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion   24th August 2014, 6:30 am

I like Naru's design, she looks so far one of the normalest of the girls lol

Waifu to EK Shitennou Fan JTC's RP Wife Married to Brit-chan apparently CURRENTLY ON LOA 
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/

Sailor Moon Crystal Character Designs Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Sailor Moon Crystal (2014)-