Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 12:55 pm

I don't mind that people disagree but fans have been complaining about the animation for months.  Toei has finally fixed the errors and fans are still looking for things to complain abot for some reason.  You might not like the reality of the situation but choosing to ignore the facts isn't going to give you what you want and I find it rude you dismissed my pointing out the facts.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 1:35 pm

Simmer down everyone. No need to get on each other's throats.

The animation is sooooo PRETTY! I wanna buy but I am too little for that kind of money. xD Ima wait for Viz.

Bumbers made by Neo Queen Serenity, Avi and Siggy by Sailor Mercury
Back to top Go down
Sailor Marshmallow
Inner Senshi Admin
Administrative Director

Inner Senshi Admin   Administrative Director

Title : Wonder. Power. Courage.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 1:52 pm

I didn't purposely mean to "dismiss" your facts yet in hindsight I guess I did. The point was that everything regrading Crystal that you have said - I already knew. These are things that people have been saying repeatedly to get people to calm down and I understand where you are coming from but at certain point people - such as I - do get tired of hearing it. I absolutely hate when people trash Crystal yet at the same time you have people who love it that are down right rude to people who dislike it which isn't good either. (At least on tumblr.) It's crazy so I come here to discuss it with other people and when someone does to you exactly what you are trying to get away from then it can be a bit frustrating. I'm sure you come on here to discuss Crystal without seeing hate and whatnot so I apologize if it puts a damper on things. 

As of right now I'm not even going to talk about my negative feelings regrading Crystal anymore because it seems like instead of bringing fans together Crystal is tearing people apart imo.

The wolf-sister to Diana. ♥ The Marsmellow: very crispy, much burnt.
Back to top Go down
http://tifa.co.vu/
Sailor Marshmallow
Inner Senshi Admin
Administrative Director

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 1:56 pm

@Sailor Lily wrote:
Simmer down everyone. No need to get on each other's throats.

The animation is sooooo PRETTY! I wanna buy but I am too little for that kind of money. xD Ima wait for Viz.

*little kid in trouble voice* Yes Ma'am.

And yes it is very pretty. Mako looked so great in her episode!

Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 2:05 pm

You can like something, but still be critical of it. You can even like or dislike things within your own fanbase. That's cool too. For example, I think Takeuchi's art is dreadful on the new covers of the 3rd manga generation. But I know there are a lot of fans who love that art. Do I see them as any less for liking it? No. In fact, I'm often delighted when a fan can thoroughly explain their opinion, even if I disagree with it.

I think these Blu-ray's are a pathetic excuse to make money off of Sailor Moon fans, especially now that it's fairly evident that some animation has been purposefully withheld from the Internet release (look to the higher quality planetary backgrounds of the transforming senshi in the Moon Pride music video to see an example). Again though, if you want these releases, all power to you! That's totally cool with me. I'm only upset that companies can get away with this kind of cheap treatment of their consumers.

Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 3:11 pm

Why is it wrong for Toei to want to make money?  They are a business after all.
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 3:20 pm

@Neon Genesis wrote:
Uh, of course the Blu Rays are to make money.  Every Blu Ray of every movie and TV show is made to make money.  Do you think they do this as a charity or something?  I don't know why wanting to make money is a bad thing.
I never once condoned business. This is what I said:

"I think these Blu-ray's are a pathetic excuse to make money off of Sailor Moon fans..."

I'm not complaining that Toei Animation is making money. I'm sorrowful that it is able to make so much money off of such a cheap product. You can tear apart my argument all you want. In the end, I will always respect those who enjoy every aspect of Sailor Moon Crystal, but I am not going to be ignorant or silent of its faults just so people feel comfortable.

On that note, I respect your argument, but please don't feel like you have to defend Toei Animation. It'd be one thing if I was being highly critical of fan art or something, but this is a HUGE company. They can survive criticism and complaints as they have many, many times in the past.

Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 3:25 pm

I'm fine with people being critical of Crystal but criticism should be based on facts and not hearsay and conspiracy theory.  I've seen a lot of fans in general making bad arguments against Crystal who don't understand the way the anime industry works and repeating false information that they heard from other uninformed fans.   People say they've seen fans of Crystal being rude to those being critical yet it seems like whenever I try to point out to the critics that they got something wrong about their criticism that they tend to get upset or dismissive merely for correcting something they got wrong.  Again, bash Crystal all you want but please do so with an understanding of how the anime industry works and not just making things up.  These highly priced anime Blu Rays are very common in Japan and it's very common for anime studios to correct animation errors on the home media release.  You might not like how it's run but it's not because of some sinister plot of Toei to steal all your money.  It's just the way every anime studio in Japan works.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 4:10 pm

Yes it is common for them to fix mistakes, but the mistakes that Crystal has shouldn't even be there in the first place. I have never watched an ongoing anime series where close up on faces were drawn incorrectly. Usually mistakes in on going series are in the background where the viewer can't really notice it. Like background characters, far shots of the main characters or the environment.

I have watched Precure a Toei series and I don't see the problems Crystal is having. They animated that weekly. Crystal gets 2 weeks and we know they can produce a decent episode by looking at episode 5. Although that had 3 weeks. Episode 6 is the big indicator if they can produce a decent looking episode 2 weeks.

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 4:23 pm

An episode of No Game No Life was caught plagiarizing someone else's work in an episode.  The staff of the BL anime Dramatical Murder had to apologize for how bad the animation in episode 3 was.  These are both anime series from this year.  Then there's all the animation and art problems with the Attack on Titan anime and manga.  This stuff happens more often than you think.
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 4:32 pm

I'm done arguing about this. I don't mean that as a slight. I've already made all the points I think I could possibly make.

Neon Genesis, why are you so insistent on defending Toei Animation for the quality of Sailor Moon Crystal? I don't mean to be rude. I'm just really curious.

Back to top Go down
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 6:57 pm

i already said it toei just fixed the quality faces but overall it's a lowbutget production. you can't compare this with the animation of works like for example in this season Zanykou no Terror or the works by Ufotable like Fate/Zero. yeah that are TV series but still (you can't really compare SMC with other ONA because normally they don't get a home release)...

just because i like a franchise i don't have to be accept everythig and can still want a better adaption. other fandoms did this too..

just look at f/sn unlimited blade works (talking about the animation only the fact that DEENs version was rushed as fuuuuu and make no sense for not VN readers is another story):
even the DEEN fate movie from 2010 is better animated than SMC (yes movie because it's sh!tty DEEN after all xD ) and still there will be the Ufotable remake as a splitcour series (fallseaon 2014 + springseason 2015) and the differences in animation will be like day in night.
in short -> SMC re-remake by a different company where?

Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 7:23 pm

i'm amazed at the quality difference!...all in all, am i happy there is such a difference? no not really. am i happy i'm getting to see the episodes and not waiting until a dvd of the animation comes out? yes i am!

and yah, i'm not paying 80 bucks for 2 episodes, that is quite silly! i would pay 80 or a bit more for the entire first season on dvd with this awesome quality. i don't want blu-ray anyway, i have a dvd player....

Signature by Sailor Mercury
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 9:23 pm

@Sailor CJ wrote:
I'm done arguing about this. I don't mean that as a slight. I've already made all the points I think I could possibly make.

Neon Genesis, why are you so insistent on defending Toei Animation for the quality of Sailor Moon Crystal? I don't mean to be rude. I'm just really curious.
I'm not defending Toei for the animation quality of Crystal.  I agree the animation for the original broadcast was bad, but as I said before, I am concerned there is misinformation being spread.  The $80 price is not unusual at all for anime Blu Rays in Japan.   Just go to CDJapan and look up the prices of other anime Blu Rays and you'll see all the same type of prices for other anime.  Like look at the price for Zankyou no Terror at CDJapan.  It's $65 for only two episodes: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/ANZX-11181
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 9:25 pm

We get that it's unusual. I just think it's not logical spend that much money for only two episodes. If I'm going to spend almost 100 dollars for a series I would like the whole thing. XD

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   12th September 2014, 9:41 pm

Also, I think if I was a girl and I was an anime character, I would so be the genki girl character in anime who never stops believing in anything.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Marshmallow
Inner Senshi Admin
Administrative Director

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 6:09 am

Also how is anyone here spreading false information? Like Yami said people are well aware that this is the norm in Japan, people are simply stating that they don't like it. Plus at the end of the day none of us work at Toei so I don't understand how you have more knowledge of what is going on with Crystal versus anyone else. Anything said in these threads are just speculation; no one is actually taking what everyone says as 100% truth so I don't see why you continue to accuse people of spreading misinformation.

Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 7:47 am

I feel like more people need to be aware that Toei is holding back their animation for BD releases. I don't care what you think of this ethically, but it's evident that this is going on. Check out these images from the Moon Pride video (made BEFORE the anime) and the stills from the actual episodes themselves.

I couldn't find the image myself so I decided to go onto YouTube and fetch the evidence myself. Forgive me for the choppy borders.

I actually like Sailor Mercury's new background, but how did Jupiter's go from a stunning backdrop of Planet Jupiter to Planet Photoshop Smudge Tool? Again, I'm not judging anyone who buys the BD's, but can you honestly say this is a good thing?

Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 8:06 am

I agree with CJ. Toei is a business, but they're the EA of business. You can argue that they're a business so they have to make money. Which is true! That's a point of a business. However you can be a business who only cares about the profits or you can be a business that cares about the customer.  Take Nintendo for example they care about their fans. If they didn't then they wouldn't be giving away free games with their Nintendo Club program or offer free DLC or actually openly admit their mistakes.

I really don't know much about Toei, but from the look of things they just care about the profit rather than the customer. If they truly cared about Crystal we would have gotten nicely drawn episodes and the DVDs would have added extra touches to the episodes.

Magical Girl Cafe  
Back to top Go down
Sailor Marshmallow
Inner Senshi Admin
Administrative Director

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 8:40 am

@SailorCJ They are actually holding back for the Blu-ray release too. If you take a look at the video for the blu-ray release Mercury doesn't have the better looking background from the moon pride video. It's exactly the same as the original episode.

Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 8:44 am

What? Really? Dang. Why in the world would they do that? That doesn't make any sense.

Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Roleplaying Moderator

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : Scorpio Starsign

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 8:50 am

Whether the Moon Pride video was made before or after the actual anime is the real question. Either that or it was allotted a bigger budget than the rest of the product.

Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 9:05 am

Yunie wrote:
Also how is anyone here spreading false information? Like Yami said people are well aware that this is the norm in Japan, people are simply stating that they don't like it. Plus at the end of the day none of us work at Toei so I don't understand how you have more knowledge of what is going on with Crystal versus anyone else. Anything said in these threads are just speculation; no one is actually taking what everyone says as 100% truth so I don't see why you continue to accuse people of spreading misinformation.
You do know the American release will be cheaper then don't you?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Marshmallow
Inner Senshi Admin
Administrative Director

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 9:15 am

@Sailor CJ wrote:
What? Really? Dang. Why in the world would they do that? That doesn't make any sense.
I don't know tbh. It's really weird.

Back to top Go down
Flower Hurricane
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Mako's BFF, Haruka's baby sister, and Hotaru's big sis

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 9:41 am

I'll definitely be waiting for a Viz release since you guys are saying that they're going to dub it. The new animation is gorgeous, and whatever the reason for it being held back from the web release, I'm sure it will be more affordable when sold in the US. Personally, I'm in no hurry to own the series; I'm a bit more excited for the 90's anime re-releases, so whenever Crystal finally makes its way over here, I'll be ecstatic.

Also, I'm so glad Luna's face has been reworked. Seriously.

.:: less sugar ::: more spice ::.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation   13th September 2014, 9:59 am

I doubt Toei is purposely withholding from the Blu Ray release.  Most likely they just had extra funding from Momoiro Clover Z for the Moon Pride music video.
Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal Blu Ray Images Have Improved Animation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Sailor Moon Crystal (2014)-