HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Was SuperS Really That Bad?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Was SuperS Really That Bad?   15th April 2016, 7:04 pm

It had its moments, but the story really bored me. It's just not interesting watching an entire season of villains looking for Pegasus when Chibiusa summons him in front of everyone in every episode.

Also, as someone who enjoyed Usagi's character growth in Classic & R, I didn't like her "Mamo-chan Mamo-chan" personality in S & SuperS. At times it felt like Mamoru was Usagi's babysitter in this season, lol.

Tuxedo Kamen was here.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Was SuperS Really That Bad?   21st April 2016, 1:05 pm

I really didn't like the SuperS at first (I've only ever seen it as an adult, so I have no basis of comparison re: how a child might view the season)...I still find that the Amazon Trio episodes are largely unwatchable due to the "implications" of the dream mirror search (but it did give us taht gem of an episode with Minako's two timing, and Ami yelling at Mamoru over the mechanic became one of my favourite moments taken in context with her reaction to Seiya in season 5).

All the Chibi-Usa stuff leaves me a bit cold (I never was really able to relate to that character much), but I found that SuperS gets better on rewatch. There is some Inner Senshi character development in there between the lines, and it is nice to see them having regular lives between the craziness that happens in S and Stars. It's kind of refreshing in its own right. I found that by season Stars, the Inner Senshi characters are mostly fully formed, and it was thanks to their life experiences in SuperS that got them there. 

In other words, I kind of consider SuperS to be like that awkward adolescent stage of growing up. Hard to watch at first, but gets better the further removed you are from it. Needs to be watched with a nostalgic eye.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Was SuperS Really That Bad?   8th May 2016, 12:28 am

SuperS also gave us Nehelenia who I thought was one of the most tragic villains from the 90s anime.  I love how her story is like the classic fairytale with her fear of loneliness leading to her obsession with the mirror that ended up twisting her soul and then we had her beautiful redemption story in the first arc of Stars and it all gets tied up very nicely.  And I just really like her character design and that amazing hair.
Back to top Go down

Was SuperS Really That Bad?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Original Anime (90's)-