The Admin are the back bone of any site, they are the life blood, the workers, the heart and the brain to the whole operation. They keep the forum running smoothly, keep activity up, and help draw in more members.
This means the position of Sailor Jupiter
is now open.I will only fill this position if I feel the candidate is fully capable of handling the Admin's duties and will work the best with my current team of Admin. If I do not find applicants, I will not fill this position.
Also be aware that who ever is accepted will be put under a probation/trial run for approximately 2 weeks time to make sure things run smoothly. This is and has been done for all previous admin.
NEW PART - Also please note that seniority is NOT a determining factor in my decisions. If you are a moderator here, I do take into account your work ethic, how often you are here, etc. However I fill this position with the person that fits both the job and will fit in with the current team. I want to encourage ALL members who feel they can do this to apply, but trying to bring attention to rank will be frowned upon.
*Note: The member who takes the position will be allowed to take on the name of Sailor Jupiter if they so choose.
RULES FOR APPLYING:
* Must have been a member for at LEAST one week - so I can get to know you.
* Must have around 30 posts, new threads will be considered worth several posts though.
* Founders are subject to changing, adding, or eliminating these rules at any time.
Here are the tentative duties for the general admin position:
- Be able to commit at least 1 to 2 hours a day or 5-7 hours a week to the site and it's duties
- Lead by example with maturity. Maintain an unbiased approach to every situation, or be aware enough that if you are unable to do so that you need to pass it on to another Admin.
- Add members to the appropriate user group
- Be able to answer PMs about the site and Sailor Moon
- Make announcements and keep up to date on projects, or sections you are in charge of.
- Post around the site frequently.
- Must have Moderator, Administrative, or comparable real life working experience.
- Treat this position and application like you would a real job.
- Understand and know the rules of the forums.
- Be able to put up with Neo Queen Serenity. This may sound like a joke, but it's not.
Here are the tentative duties for Members Director
- Requires a large amount of free time, upwards of 2 to 3 hours a day (willing to work with you)
- Organize and Coordinate Mentors and Mentees
- Be able to mediate, and distribute work appropriately
- Be Tactful in everything they do.
- Keep up to date on: Member Raisings, Welcoming new members, answering questions, and posting points.
After I receive you application I may schedule an interview and request further things from you.
If you are interested in helping out GC as a Admin please fill out the following form:
IN THE SUBJECT PLEASE PUT: APPLICATION FOR MEMBERS DIRECTOR
Website or Tumblr:
Best instant messenger or email I can reach you at: (SKYPE IS HIGHLY RECOMMEND)
How many hours a week can you dedicate to this site:
Were/Are you a member of an online forum of any kind?
Do you have experience as a Mod on any of them?
If yes please list what your duties were/are and how long you held the positions:
Why would you like to have an admin position on GC?
What are your specialties? ie Real life job experiences, graphics, css, HTML, other forum experience, etc.
What ideas do you have for the site (the more detail the better)?
Please provide an example response to this situation:
In a section of a forum, a member has broken the rules, and the moderator of the section has commented in thread and sent the member a PM with no response and is not yet read. In another thread the same member has broken the same rule. The moderator has come to you to handle the situation from here. It's possible the member may not have had time to read PMs and may not have seen the message from the moderator in the first thread. How do you handle this? And how would you word and response?
Do you have any questions for me?
Email this to thegalaxycauldronforums (at) hotmail.comNOTE: PRIVATE MESSAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. As Admin and Founder I get too much mail and often lose important documents. Email is the only acceptable form of application.