HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Praise Gaben; Steam Holiday Sale 2014 is ON

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lyricalias
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Praise Gaben; Steam Holiday Sale 2014 is ON   18th December 2014, 1:29 pm

Steam is a digital distributor of video games and sometimes other software. It has a user base of over 6.7 million active gamers, houses community hubs for each and every game, and hosts various related services. One well known aspect of Steam is its insane discounts, and never are they as ludicrous as during the December sale each year!

If you use Steam and want to save some money, this could be the perfect chance to buy those games you've wanted. Alternatively, if you easily cave to heavy discounts, this sale could be devastating to you. ;D

The basic rule of thumb for getting the best discount you can is to wait for the game you want to appear on the front page as a daily featured discount, a flash sale (new set of discounts every 12 hours) or a community choice game (the community votes on one of three games to be discounted). The sale will last until January 2nd.

http://store.steampowered.com/

Spoiler:

I'm already feeling temptation with Metal Gear Rising, discounted from $30 to $6.

If you're participating this year, feel free to share your purchases or any exceptional discounts you spot. :D Also, here's a link to the gamer handles thread in case you want to add anyone from the forum on Steam or share Steam handle. You can send gifts and trade items on Steam, as well as play games together, so adding friends is recommended. ;)

Are you ready for a miracle?
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Praise Gaben; Steam Holiday Sale 2014 is ON   18th December 2014, 1:56 pm

steam sales always kill my wallet, along with rightstuf. I'm almost afraid to look lol

GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Lyricalias
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Praise Gaben; Steam Holiday Sale 2014 is ON   21st December 2014, 10:50 am

Same. >.< I usually wait until the end of the year to start making purchases, particular for disgusting savings like with Metal Gear Rising!

Today's deals have some popular games so I thought I'd list them:

Portal 2 for $3.99

Skyrim for $4.99

Five Nights at Freddy's 2 for $5.35

L.A.Noire for $4.99

Spore for $4.99

Shadow Warrior for $3.99

Bullet Storm for $3.99

Portal 2 and Skyrim are definitely steals at those prices. They both have mod tools that keep them interesting after you've finished everything (Portal 2 has a level editor, Skyrim has a free program you can use to create new content - and believe me, people make a ton). I haven't played the other games.

Last edited by Lyricalias on 21st December 2014, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Praise Gaben; Steam Holiday Sale 2014 is ON   21st December 2014, 10:53 am

Is shadow warrior any good?

GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Lyricalias
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Praise Gaben; Steam Holiday Sale 2014 is ON   21st December 2014, 10:56 am

Everywhere I look it has very positive reviews, so it seems like it's high quality. I believe this is a remake of an older shooter of the same name, but they updated the gameplay for modern conveniences. For people who like first person shooters, it's probably worth trying out.
Ooh, I just noticed that it has a demo on Steam. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Praise Gaben; Steam Holiday Sale 2014 is ON

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Star Garden :: Gamers Lounge-