After War Gundam X

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: After War Gundam X   14th January 2015, 4:25 pm

(sorry I can't find a bigger version of this pic! It was all I could find! >_< )

Quote :
When one space colony declared its independence from United Nations Earth, the devastating 7th Space War, an all-out war between Earth and space, resulted. The UNE responded to the Space Revolutionary Army with mobile suits, called Gundams. However, the SRA forces played their trump card and dropped hundreds of space colonies onto the Earth, plunging the planet into a seven-year-long nuclear winter. The UNE collapsed, but the SRA was unable to invade the Earth in the aftermath of the colony drop. Fifteen years have passed. The year is now After War 0015, and a New UNE has sprung up on Earth to restore order. In space, the colonial leaders have been rebuilding their own forces as well. By chance, fifteen-year-old Garrod Ran has discovered an old UNE mobile suit, the Gundam X, and now he uses it to help out the Vulture ship Freeden in its struggle to keep the powers that be from repeating the mistakes of the past.

I'm normally not into anime about mecha or giant robots, mostly because their plots tend to be really complicated, technical jargon doesn't stay with me, and I'm just not into pointless fights between giant robots. The Gundam franchise has a bit of a nasty history with both trying to hard and having characters and plots that are just really bland and unlikable. But After War Gundam X is the sole exception. I never thought I'd ever say this about an anime about giant robots, but I love Gundam X! I absolutely love it! The animation style is great for its time, the soundtrack is a gem, the character designs are amazing, the plot is actually easy to understand and follow, the characters are all adorable, well developed, and quirky in their own ways, the robot designs are cool, and the story is just riveting! I could go on and on about it, and believe me, I'd like to! Normally this has everything I hate in sci-fi anime, but it manages to make everything work so well! It does have a few kinks here and there, but they're nothing big, and it isn't entirely about robot fights. It's about the characters' struggle to survive and live in a world that's been destroyed, and where a new species of human, Newtypes, are being used and abused for shady purposes.

If you're looking for a good giant robot anime, I cannot recommend Gundam X enough. It's amazing.

Current In-Progress Fan Fic: Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com http://joyousmenma93.livejournal.com
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: After War Gundam X   26th March 2015, 12:21 pm

Oh boy, am I glad I dug back a bit into this forum, because I certainly wasn't expecting to find this!

I am a HUGE Gundam X fan. Like, there are people online who have known me for years as THE Gundam X fan despite all my other various interests. I love Gundam as a whole (I've seen almost everything), but this is my all-time favorite, and it makes me extremely happy whenever I find other fans.

I first watched it in late 2000 or so, and I've been hooked ever since. It has its flaws, yes (a lot of that coming from being cancelled and having to cram the final arc into what remained of its 39 episodes), but I still love almost everything about it. Now that the Gundam franchise is finally coming back to the US, I'm hoping this means we'll finally be seeing some kind of Region 1 DVD release in the near future, as it's one of the few series that didn't get one before. Of everything I've collected over the years, from books and models to posters and production cels, a legitimate DVD set is one of the few things that's still missing from my collection (because I can't afford the Region 2 set).

Who's your favorite character? I myself have long had a great big fangirl crush on Jamil. He's overall an extremely fascinating and well-rounded character who is probably the most central character to the overall plot, and he gets to have plenty of badass moments on top of that. (Plus it's not weird for me as a 30-something now to be interested in a 30-year-old character. >_> Razz) There's also this piece of artwork I did a couple years ago that shows just how much he's my favorite. (And I just realised that I finished and posted that piece exactly two years ago today! o.o)

For anyone who wants to see a little bit of what the show's about/what it looks like, here's a music video I did for it a few years ago (one of many I've done over the years *cough*) that's primarily about the protagonists.

Back to top Go down

After War Gundam X

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-