Share | 

The Vision of Escaflowne

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: The Vision of Escaflowne   31st January 2015, 2:03 am

Are there any fans here of Escaflowne?  It's one of my top favorite anime series.  I love how it combines elements from different genres.  Like you have your shoujo romance themes, epic fantasy adventures, and sci-fi mecha battles all in one story.  Even though the series is almost 20 years old now, the animation still looks very elegant and gorgeous and the music is still one of Yoko Kanno's greatest soundtrack works.  I love Van and Hitomi's relationship and seeing how they mature throughout the story.  The other characters are all wonderful too, like Allen, Millerna, and even Mearle.  I also love how the series is always fast paced and action packed and keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting to find out what happens next.  I know a lot of fans hate the movie, and while I love the series more, I still enjoy the movie for what it was, as an alternate more mature take on the story of Escaflowne.  I somehow wish there was another season to this series or that they would reboot it for modern times or something.  It was just such a perfect anime series and you don't seem to get epic fantasy adventure anime this unique like that these days anymore.  What are your favorite Escaflowne characters, your favorite episodes, and what you love about the show in general?
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: The Vision of Escaflowne   31st January 2015, 4:45 pm

I love it! My favorite character is Dilandau! He's such a little psychopath done awesomely well, and he's my favorite villain of all time! I hate his squeaky voice in the English dub, though! (IMHO his German voice is the best). I've seen the show in four languages in order: English, Japanese, German, and Italian. It's kinda neat, but I think it could have benefited from more episodes. I felt like it was going too fast and I never really got to know the characters.

Current In-Progress Fan Fic: Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com http://joyousmenma93.livejournal.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The Vision of Escaflowne   31st January 2015, 5:08 pm

If I remember correctly from the Club Escaflowne interview extras, there was originally supposed to be 39 episodes for the series but they had to cut it down to 26 to have enough money for the show's budget.
Back to top Go down

The Vision of Escaflowne

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-