HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Anime Watching Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Which anime should we watch in February?
Noragami [12 episodes]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Skip Beat! [25 episodes]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Kobato [24 episodes]
40%
 40% [ 2 ]
The Vision of Escaflowne [26 episodes]
40%
 40% [ 2 ]
Orange [13 episodes]
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   20th December 2016, 5:13 pm

I didn't get too into this (blame M. Night Shamayalamadingdong, his awful interpretation of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and A:TLA itself because I started watching it and yeah there's no going back for me guys), but what I saw was very nice. The animation was BEAUTIFUL. If the graphics in the game are half as good as they are here it would be amazing to see. I especially liked that they seemed to use the anime styled characters with hyper realistic CGI. It reminds me of music videos for the band Gorillaz, and  
it's an interesting visual style. The story and world are pretty interesting, and the characters are net as well. I agree with what Juliko said about Sorey, he has a little bit more depth than the average "happy go lucky energetic protagonist". The music was also excellent.
All in all, I think this show kinda did its job of getting me to want to play the game because I sorta do now.

Sig is MIA until I get the time to sit down and mess around with stuff.
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   22nd December 2016, 6:29 am

Oh! Random thought: Does anyone else think of magical girl transformations when Sorey armatizes? I mean, come on! Long, brightly colored hair? Sparkly transformations? He gets fairy companions to help him transform with the help of objects? Shouts a catchphrase (In this case, true names rather than a whole sentence)? Tell me Sorey's not some kind of magical boy.

Current In-Progress Fan Fic: Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com http://joyousmenma93.livejournal.com
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   22nd December 2016, 6:45 am

^I was actually kind of reminded of Pretear with the transformation, so yeah, I definitely see the magical girl/boy thing.

Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   23rd December 2016, 3:41 am

And seriously, the animation for both the anime (TV series and OVA) and games is just beautiful. In fact, I took this screenshot here myself, because it's my absolute favorite picture of Sorey!

Screenshot:

Seriously, he's sooooo freaking happy, and look how his eyes just sparkle. Dang, son. I want to hug him, he's so cute!

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   24th December 2016, 9:50 pm

Here are our choices for January! The poll is up.

Quote :

Rose of Versailles (40 Episodes)
In 1755, Marie Antoinette is born in the royal family of Austria and raised in luxury. However, the fate of the future queen of France is set in stone—at the young age of 15, she has to leave her family and marry the crown prince of France.

At the same time in France, a girl is born in the family of the Commander of the Royal Guards. Upset at not having a male heir, her father decides to raise her as a man and names the girl Oscar. Oscar is trained from a young age to become the leader of the Royal Guards, but she is yet to discern that the will of the queen sometimes does not equal the good of the people.

Based on the critically acclaimed manga by Riyoko Ikeda, Rose of Versailles depicts the fateful meeting of Marie Antoinette and Oscar, which is bound to influence history and change the life of the people facing the French Revolution as the clock ticks toward the end of the French royalty.

Quote :

One Week Friends [12 episodes]
Sixteen-year-old Yuuki Hase finally finds the courage to speak to his crush and ask her if she wants to become friends. The object of his affection, Kaori Fujimiya, is a quiet and reserved girl who cuts herself off from everyone and does not spare him the same blunt rejection she gives everybody else.

Some time after, Yuuki finds her eating lunch on the roof where she secludes herself during break. He decides to start meeting with Kaori every day in the hopes of beginning to understand her better. The more time they spend together, the more she begins to open up to him. However, nearing the end of the week, she starts to push him away once more. It is then revealed to him the reason for Kaori's cold front: at the end of the week, her memories of those close to her, excluding her family, are forgotten, as they are reset every Monday. The result of an accident in middle school, the once popular and kind Kaori is now unable to make friends in fear of hurting the people dear to her.

Determined to become more than just one week friends, Yuuki asks her the exact same question each Monday: "Would you like to be friends?" Because he knows that deep down, Kaori wishes for that more than anything.

Quote :

Shonen Omyouji (26 Episodes)
Masahiro is the grandson of the great onmyouji, Abe no Seimei. However, he lost his sixth sense that enables him to see supernatural beings, which is very important for an onmyouji. Thus, he is left with no choice but to try and pick a different career. But one day, a strange mononoke appears, which he names Mokkun, who shows him his true potential powers after fighting a demon. With the assistance of Mokkun, his quest to become the greatest onmyouji begins.

Quote :

Special A (24 episodes)
Hikari Hanazono has always been second to Kei Takishima. When they were six years old, their pro-wrestling loving fathers introduced them to each other. Assuming that she was the best in wrestling, young Hikari challenged Kei to a wrestling match only to be thoroughly defeated by him.

Ever since that fateful incident, Hikari swore to beat Kei in school grades, sporting events—anything. To do this, she has enrolled in the same school as Kei since elementary. Now she attends Hakusenkan, an ultra elite school, that costs her carpenter father a lot of money.

Hikari and Kei are the top two students in the school, with Kei holding firmly to that number one position. While Hikari considers Kei to be a rival and important friend, she is completely unaware that Kei loves her. The story primarily focuses on Hikari and her constant attempts to defeat her one and only rival, Kei, and how she finds love in their rivalry.

Quote :

Azumanga Daioh (26 episodes)
Chiyo Mihama begins her high school career as one of the strangest students in her freshman class—a tiny, 10-year-old academic prodigy with a fondness for plush dolls and homemade cooking. But her homeroom teacher, Yukari Tanizaki, is the kind of person who would hijack a student's bike to avoid being late, so "strange" is a relative word.

There certainly isn't a shortage of peculiar girls in Yukari-sensei's homeroom class. Accompanying Chiyo are students like Tomo Takino, an energetic tomboy with more enthusiasm than brains; Koyomi Mizuhara, Tomo's best friend whose temper has a fuse shorter than Chiyo; and Sakaki, a tall, athletic beauty whose intimidating looks hide a gentle personality and a painful obsession with cats. In addition, transfer student Ayumu Kasuga, a girl with her head stuck in the clouds, fits right in with the rest of the girls—and she has a few interesting theories about Chiyo's pigtails!

Together, this lovable group of girls experience the ups and downs of school life, their many adventures filled with constant laughter, surreal absurdity, and occasionally even touching commentary on the bittersweet, temporal nature of high school.

♥
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/whitemoonlady http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com http://aftersix.livejournal.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   27th December 2016, 10:06 am

Voted!

Back to top Go down
GhostKnight
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   29th December 2016, 12:31 am

I did appreciate the anime and the way we can see the game's moments (the tutorials, the tactics' combinations, 'new party member', etc.). The only thing that I would had change it's the episodes with the prison/island (maybe in the season 2 instead?).

The Neptune to EK's Uranus
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   29th December 2016, 4:18 am

If you're referring to the episodes about Tales of Berseria (the one with Velvet Crowe), then yes, I totally agree. I mean, whose bright idea was it to take two episodes of an already established series and use them to advertise a completely different one?! It doesn't make sense or add anything to Zestiria! Seriously, Bandai-Namco, if you want to advertise Berseria, fine! Advertise it! Promote it! But don't shove said promotion in places where its not wanted or needed! You can easily skip those episodes and get to episode 7 without feeling like you missed anything. That's what I did. And really, they could have used those two episodes to add more to Zestiria The X.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   1st January 2017, 9:25 pm

January Anime: Azumanga Daioh [26 episodes]

Chiyo Mihama begins her high school career as one of the strangest students in her freshman class—a tiny, 10-year-old academic prodigy with a fondness for plush dolls and homemade cooking. But her homeroom teacher, Yukari Tanizaki, is the kind of person who would hijack a student's bike to avoid being late, so "strange" is a relative word.

There certainly isn't a shortage of peculiar girls in Yukari-sensei's homeroom class. Accompanying Chiyo are students like Tomo Takino, an energetic tomboy with more enthusiasm than brains; Koyomi Mizuhara, Tomo's best friend whose temper has a fuse shorter than Chiyo; and Sakaki, a tall, athletic beauty whose intimidating looks hide a gentle personality and a painful obsession with cats. In addition, transfer student Ayumu Kasuga, a girl with her head stuck in the clouds, fits right in with the rest of the girls—and she has a few interesting theories about Chiyo's pigtails!

Together, this lovable group of girls experience the ups and downs of school life, their many adventures filled with constant laughter, surreal absurdity, and occasionally even touching commentary on the bittersweet, temporal nature of high school.

Watch Azumanga Daioh! (Subbed)
Watch Azumanga Daioh! (Dubbed)

Discussion on Azumanga Daioh will begin starting January 24th, 2017!

♥
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/whitemoonlady http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com http://aftersix.livejournal.com
Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   2nd January 2017, 11:28 pm

Haven't watched Azumangadioh in ages! It well deserves a rewatch! Osaka and Tomo are my spirit animals.

GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   17th January 2017, 8:12 am

Azumanga Daioh! Streaming tonight at 7 PM EST!

Stream link

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   25th January 2017, 10:22 pm

Discussion on Azumanga Daioh is now open!

I didn't really go beyond the first episode because it felt too simplistic for me and the characters sadly didn't appeal enough D: I don't think I like the short story compilations format much.

♥
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   26th January 2017, 5:19 am

My college anime club showed an episode of this years ago. But I didn't find it to be my thing.

Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   28th January 2017, 9:09 pm

OH man, where to start with this one.

I bought the first edition books back in '04-'06 and loved them to pieces. It was my first introduction to 4koma, as well as my first introduction to comedy anime/manga-and it did not disappoint.

I'd never watched or read anything so simply random and carefree. At first I was a bit confused, but then I understood you weren't supposed to think about the show, you were just supposed to simply watch and laugh. The episodes rarely revolved around a plot-rather broken into short skits-and you found yourself getting attached to the crazy antics of the girls. I never did like the pervy teacher,however. Though how you find out about his wife was rather funny.

It's hard to pick a favorite-though Tomo is always the first character to come to mind when I think of it. With the exception of the homeroom teacher, it's hard to find a character to actually hate. It fit in with the early "random" internet humor when it finally came to North America; and I would LOVE for someone to re-dub it. The dvds even got picked up again after they went out of print sometime around '09-'11!

I love this show, I love the manga. I just. Love Azumanga Dioh. It's one of those things that will never cease to make me laugh.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   29th January 2017, 5:24 am

February choices! The poll is up.

Quote :

Noragami (12 Episodes)
In times of need, if you look in the right place, you just may see a strange telephone number scrawled in red. If you call this number, you will hear a young man introduce himself as the Yato God.

Yato is a minor deity and a self-proclaimed "Delivery God," who dreams of having millions of worshippers. Without a single shrine dedicated to his name, however, his goals are far from being realized. He spends his days doing odd jobs for five yen apiece, until his weapon partner becomes fed up with her useless master and deserts him.

Just as things seem to be looking grim for the god, his fortune changes when a middle school girl, Hiyori Iki, supposedly saves Yato from a car accident, taking the hit for him. Remarkably, she survives, but the event has caused her soul to become loose and hence able to leave her body. Hiyori demands that Yato return her to normal, but upon learning that he needs a new partner to do so, reluctantly agrees to help him find one. And with Hiyori's help, Yato's luck may finally be turning around.

Quote :

Skip Beat! (25 Episodes)
Bright, diligent, and yet naïve 16-year-old Kyouko Mogami works hard to support the career and dreams of her childhood friend, crush, and rising pop icon, Shoutarou Fuwa. Toiling endlessly at burger joints and tea ceremonies, the innocent Kyouko remains unaware that day in day out, all her tireless efforts have been taken for granted, until, one day, she finds out that her beloved Shou sees her as nothing but a free servant. Shocked, heartbroken and enraged, she vows to take revenge on the rookie star by entering the ruthless world of entertainment herself. As she steps into this new life, Kyouko will face new challenges as well as people who will push her out of her comfort zone.

Based on the best-selling shoujo manga by Yoshiki Nakamura, Skip Beat showcases the growth of a young woman who slowly unlearns how to work herself to the bone for the satisfaction of others and takes her future into her own hands instead.

Quote :

Kobato (24 Episodes)
Sweet and naïve Hanato Kobato came to Earth on a mission to collect and fill a bottle with "konpeito," which appear after healing a person's heart that is suffering. Kobato collects these because it is her wish to go to a certain place. Despite her strangeness, Kobato turns out to be well-suited for this mission as her heartfelt sincerity in helping others earns her the love and admiration of everyone she meets. However, she is not allowed to fall in love with anyone whose heart she heals.

Quote :

The Vision of Escaflowne (26 episodes)
Hitomi Kanzaki is just an ordinary 15-year-old schoolgirl with an interest in tarot cards and fortune telling, but one night, a boy named Van Fanel suddenly appears from the sky along with a vicious dragon. Thanks to a premonition from Hitomi, Van successfully kills the dragon, but a pillar of light appears and envelopes them both. As a result, Hitomi finds herself transported to the world of Gaea, a mysterious land where the Earth hangs in the sky.

In this new land, Hitomi soon discovers that Van is a prince of the Kingdom of Fanelia, which soon falls under attack by the evil empire of Zaibach. In an attempt to fight them off, Van boards his family's ancient guymelef Escaflowne—a mechanized battle suit—but fails to defeat them, and Fanelia ends up destroyed. Now on the run, Hitomi and Van encounter a handsome Asturian knight named Allen Schezar, whom Hitomi is shocked to find looks exactly like her crush from Earth. With some new allies on their side, Van and Hitomi fight back against the forces of Zaibach as the empire strives to revive an ancient power.

Quote :

Orange (13 episodes)
One day, Naho Takamiya receives a letter written to herself from ten years in the future. As Naho reads on, the letter recites the exact events of the day, including the transfer of a new student into her class named Kakeru Naruse.

The Naho from ten years later repeatedly states that she has many regrets, and she wants to fix these by making sure the Naho from the past can make the right decisions—especially regarding Kakeru. What's more shocking is that she discovers that ten years later, Kakeru will no longer be with them. Future Naho asks her to watch over him closely.

♥
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   29th January 2017, 4:48 pm

Voted! I chose Kobato. I've loved the manga for ages, and I've been meaning to watch the adaptation for a long time.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   29th January 2017, 7:02 pm

Voted! Maybe this time I won't watch the first episode and then get caught up in school and such and not watch anymore

Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   30th January 2017, 12:42 pm

Voted for Orange but Norigami is really good if you haven't seen it yet guys.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   4th February 2017, 9:12 am

Quote :

February Anime: Kobato [24 episodes]

Sweet and naïve Hanato Kobato came to Earth on a mission to collect and fill a bottle with "konpeito," which appear after healing a person's heart that is suffering. Kobato collects these because it is her wish to go to a certain place. Despite her strangeness, Kobato turns out to be well-suited for this mission as her heartfelt sincerity in helping others earns her the love and admiration of everyone she meets. However, she is not allowed to fall in love with anyone whose heart she heals.

Watch Kobato! (Subbed)

Discussion on Kobato will begin starting February 20th, 2017!

♥
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Watching Club   25th February 2017, 9:28 pm

Discussion on Kobato is now open. We'll also have a break in March, due to my busy-ness and low activity.

♥
Back to top Go down

Anime Watching Club

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-