HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Opinions about different Magical girl characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tiff123
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Opinions about different Magical girl characters   19th February 2015, 8:46 am

As a fan of Magical girl shows, I would like to hear any of your opinion about several Magical girl characters that I have watched so far. I think it would be interesting to know about what the other members here think about the Magical girl characters.

What are your opinions about these Magical girls?
1. Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon)
2. Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
3. Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara)
4. Madoka Kaname (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
5. Harukaze Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)
6. Ichigo Momomiya (Tokyo Mew Mew)
7. Nanoha Takamachi (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha)

If don't know any of the Magical girl characters that I have mentioned, you can browse them.

Please no insulting or rude comments, thank you.

Last edited by Tiff123 on 19th February 2015, 10:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Leg Lamp
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Inner Senshi Admin Member Support Director

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about different Magical girl characters   19th February 2015, 9:30 am

Could you list what shows theu are from? I only recognize the first name.

Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
Sailor Grinch
Outer Senshi Admin
Adoptables & OC Admin

Outer Senshi Admin Adoptables & OC Admin

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about different Magical girl characters   19th February 2015, 6:11 pm

I only know two of these, so I'll give my opinion on them:

Usagi - I love her. She's everything I want to be and more. She's so social, and despite not being a good student or a very graceful person, she doesn't care. She doesn't let her flaws bring her down, and because of her self-confidence, everyone else accepts her. Although she would get scolded and teased sometimes, you just know that the other senshi, Luna, and even her parents love her and everything she is. The love she has for everyone and the love she gets in return is absolutely beautiful, and even more than twenty years after her creation, she still serves as the Light of Hope for everyone, not just those in the story.

Spoilers:

Siggie by Princess Moon    Diana's Munchkin    Sailor Mercury's BrainTwin    Mentor of Princess Moon, LadyNeptune, and mercury_viola_rhapsody   
 Trying to be the light in this broken world we call home. 
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Tiff123
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about different Magical girl characters   20th February 2015, 3:57 am

@Miss Moon Rose

Thank you for the respond, I like on how the way to summarize your thoughts here.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Grinch
Outer Senshi Admin
Adoptables & OC Admin

Outer Senshi Admin Adoptables & OC Admin

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about different Magical girl characters   20th February 2015, 5:00 am

No problem! Someday I would like to watch Cardcaptor Sakura, so maybe soon I'll have some words for Sakura as well Smile

Siggie by Princess Moon    Diana's Munchkin    Sailor Mercury's BrainTwin    Mentor of Princess Moon, LadyNeptune, and mercury_viola_rhapsody   
 Trying to be the light in this broken world we call home. 
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Sailor Ceres ❤ Diana's Wife ❤

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about different Magical girl characters   20th February 2015, 11:57 pm

I've watched several magical girl series, and looking at all their main characters, I've noticed there tends to be some sort of pattern with them. They tend to be friendly, all-loving, see the good in everyone, are relentless and never give up, and also tend to be hopeless romantics (they daydream about their perfect boy, prince, coming along and sweeping them off their feet).

Although this doesn't strictly apply to all of them, I believe, like Madoka for example never really fantasized all that much about boys, she was always much more focused on her friends.

Another similar trait that a lot of protagonists in magical girl series tend to have is that they can be over emotional and very sensitive. Like Usagi for example, she tends to act in such a manner and a lot of people label her as a "weak crybaby", which is wrong IMO. I think her sensitivity is what gives her strength, it's what makes her want to see the good in people, it's what fuels her idealistic outlook upon life. And it's great to see a whole genre full of characters such as these, as they gave me a lot of support when I was growing up and being constantly harassed and bullied for being a "crybaby".

Back to top Go down
Tiff123
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about different Magical girl characters   21st February 2015, 12:13 am

@Sailor Serene

That is true that many Magical girls are like what you have mentioned, I also notice the same thing for every single Magical girls that I have watched/read.

And btw, I sometimes feel disappointed when people commented about Magical girls being irritating and unlikeable. I appreciate different Magical girl characters, each magical girls have their own good points and weak points. 

I also feel the same with you about Usagi, I think the hatred that Usagi gets can be pretty undeserving. Usagi maybe not my most favorite Sailor Moon character, but I still appreciate her character.

As for Madoka, I quite like her too, she and Homura are my favorites on the Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about different Magical girl characters   22nd February 2015, 9:27 pm

SAILOR CJ TACKLES THE GRAND LIST.

1. Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon)

Usagi tends to be my set base line for a magical girl. She's pure of heart, is friendly and desires love and justice above all else.

2. Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Sakura's fantastic. Cardcaptor Sakura has its problems as a series, but none of them can be attributed to its title character. Not only is Sakura kind and likeable, but she has to problem solve to win her battles. She doesn't just fire a magic laser and win. She has to think things through.

3. Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara)

Here comes the first one I don't know. Let's just look at her character design.

SHE IS THE SAVIOR OF PLAID.

4. Madoka Kaname (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Madoka for me is more of a plot point than a character. She is the catalyst for which all other characters act and doesn't have much of a personality on her own. Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a show about what would happen if every senshi besides Sailor Moon was the main character. It's not great alone for this reason, but it's a really interesting element.

If you want to hear my thoughts on another character, Sayaka Miki, check out this link to my blog, though there be spoilers so be warned.

5. Harukaze Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)

C-c-cute? I don't know what to say about this other than the fact that she's super young. All the ones I don't know are super pink so far!

6. Ichigo Momomiya (Tokyo Mew Mew)

It's been forever since I've read this manga. From what I remember, Ichigo was a bit more spunky than the other characters on this list. I also liked that she kept some of her cat mannerisms outside of her transformation.

7. Nanoha Takamachi (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha)

No pink! Well, her magic is pink, but that's not terribly important. Every picture I see of her is up in the air. Does she fly? Is that the bad guy in the background? This confuses me so much, haha.

Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Tiff123
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about different Magical girl characters   22nd February 2015, 9:33 pm

@Sailor CJ 

Thanks for the respond, and I have read your blog about Sayaka Miki. I agree with you about the whole Sayaka hatred by the Puella Magi Madoka Magica fans. I find the hatred that Sayaka gets especially on the MyAnimeList forum can rampant, many Puella Magi Madoka Magica fans on MyAnimeList forum always demonize Sayaka.
Back to top Go down

Opinions about different Magical girl characters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Other Anime and Manga-