The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Staff on LOA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36
AuthorMessage
Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   23rd March 2018, 11:11 pm

So I need to go on LOA because my sister is in a very, very difficult spot right now.
She's been working on graduating her animation college, right? And both the midterm and final has to do with their senior thesis-that being a full five-minute short animated out, with all the steps (boarding, sketches ect) by may. She and all the other 23-ish students were working on this project all year. 
Well, roughly two days ago, her school became one of the most despicable thing imaginable. 
They sent out a mass email to the animation students, upping the standards for the entire project-and instead of being, you know, a NORMAL SCHOOL and applying the changes to the course for next year-they applied the changes that neither teacher nor student were working on this year. All but 3 students passed the midterm since the work they'd been working on since SEPTEMBER wasn't up to par with the new rules they legitimately set up days earlier. 
Long story short-depending on the student-they'd have to redo 3 out of the 5 minutes they were working on all year. That can be roughly 100,000 drawings. In a mere four weeks-or they don't graduate. PERIOD.
So, with the exception of those three students-all 20 of those students either dropped out, are going to try to shove 100,000 extra drawings in the few weeks they demanded the change-or are going on an an academic LOA until the next spring semester.
And that means only 3 students are graduating out of that animation class. My sister was not lucky to be one of those 3, and is beyond devastated and is coming back home for a solid year. I'm incredibly, horribly worried about her physical and mental state, so there's no way in heck I'd be able to dedicate the attention necessary to be on this forum. 
And they were going to kick her out to the curb. She had to go to five different people and beg to be given time to pack up after the LOA was approved-including the head dean himself who came up with this "lovely" idea to make the school "more like harvard." (legit, that was one of the reasons in the email given.) Walt Disney himself wouldn't have been able to pull this off-let alone if it was a single-person project and have it look even a fourth-way decent in the process. 
I'm sticking myself on LOA for the rest of the month, starting today 3/24 until 4/1 and will adjust it as I see how the situation changes. I might be off of LOA by then, might switch it to a temporary LOA-or end up extending it. With the phonecalls I got today, I cannot tell. All I know is I'm very scared for her, with how she's been acting and how she's been talking about herself. We go to pick her up on sunday.
I'll still be around for RPs and to check on my sections from time to time, but my activity as a whole will be at an all-time low during this period. Contact me through either PM on here or on discord-even if I'm offline, I still get emails/notifications, and will reply to them as soon as possible.
Thank you for understanding.

GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   23rd March 2018, 11:56 pm

Back from LOA.

♥️ ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   24th March 2018, 8:33 am

welcome back Neptune

Avatar thanks go to Moonlight Dreaming. YAY! Signature thanks go to Zoey, Sailor Saturn and Mysteryloveandjustice and Diana YAY! (Halloween avatar thanks to CrystalBunny YAY! Adoptable's thanks go to NQS!!!) Adopted Brother/BFF CrystalBunny!
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   24th March 2018, 3:40 pm

Welcome back Neptune!

Cosmos-hime... I don't even know what to say. Sounds like something from a nightmare.

She's so lucky to have your support. Hopefully the year off will turn into an opportunity in a way.

I'll try to help keep an eye on your section while you're gone. All the best!!

"As they say, 'It's no use crying over spilt caviar!'"
Sig & Avi Set: me ^^; Cherry Blossom: Starchild

Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Diagnosed

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   7th April 2018, 12:48 pm

I know this is some ways off, but I'll be taking a week's LOA, May 4-11. I will not be reachable except by PM/DM. Please use Discord DM if it is urgent. I will not be bumping or responding to threads. I will be watching posts in my section only.

Nothing exciting. Just a bit of a pile over here IRL that I need to catch up on before it grows too high ^^;;;.

"As they say, 'It's no use crying over spilt caviar!'"
Sig & Avi Set: me ^^; Cherry Blossom: Starchild

Last edited by Diagnosed on 9th April 2018, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   7th April 2018, 3:49 pm

@Diagnosed wrote:
I know this is some ways off, but I'll be taking a week's LOA, May 4-11. I will not be reachable except by PM/DM. Please use Discord DM if it is urgent. I will not be bumping or responding to threads or watching any thread activity apart from those in my section.

Nothing exciting. Just a bit of a pile over here IRL that I need to catch up on before it grows too high ^^;;;.
please be safe in whatever you need to do

Avatar thanks go to Moonlight Dreaming. YAY! Signature thanks go to Zoey, Sailor Saturn and Mysteryloveandjustice and Diana YAY! (Halloween avatar thanks to CrystalBunny YAY! Adoptable's thanks go to NQS!!!) Adopted Brother/BFF CrystalBunny!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   7th April 2018, 6:21 pm

Loa until probably the end of april (starting april 14). I'll be answering PM and DM or tags on discord just be patient with my answer =)

"You're nothing, but not to me"

Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   7th April 2018, 7:04 pm

@Sailor Venus wrote:
Loa until probably the end of april (starting april 14). I'll be answering PM and DM or tags on discord just be patient with my answer =)
whatever you end up doing please be safe.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   9th April 2018, 6:44 am

I will be on LOA from Thursday, April 12 to Sunday, April 15! ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   9th April 2018, 8:26 am

@Sailor Mercury wrote:
I will be on LOA from Thursday, April 12 to Sunday, April 15! ♥️
have a safe LOA

Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   9th April 2018, 7:00 pm

And funnily enough I will be on LOA from Wednesday, April 11 to Sunday, April 15 XD I may still pop in but I may not be doing "admin things." I'm taking PTO from work and I plan to enjoy it ^^

Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Staff on LOA   9th April 2018, 7:17 pm

@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
And funnily enough I will be on LOA from Wednesday, April 11 to Sunday, April 15 XD I may still pop in but I may not be doing "admin things." I'm taking PTO from work and I plan to enjoy it ^^
Enjoy it well and be safe Jupi

Back to top Go down

Staff on LOA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 36 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Basic Stops of GC :: Announcements & Site Updates-