The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
Latest topics
» Into the double digits! (lpw #10)
by GreenPea501 Today at 5:37 pm

» Holiday Cheer Awards ~ Voting!
by GreenPea501 Today at 5:35 pm

» Staff Holiday Cheer Awards ~ Voting!
by Sailor Arkas Today at 5:32 pm

» Winter and Festibration Dress Up Contest
by Sailor Arkas Today at 5:26 pm

» Word Association Game
by Sailor Arkas Today at 5:24 pm

» This or That?
by Sailor Arkas Today at 5:24 pm

» Festibration Bingo
by Princess Luna Today at 3:42 pm

» Discord Karaoke ~ Festibration Edition!
by cardea Today at 3:21 pm

» Does anyone know where I can buy a necklace based on Usagi's first transformation brooch from Crystal?
by princessstar Today at 2:53 pm

» [HC Event] Star Catchers
by Sailor Mercury Today at 2:53 pm

User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Prince Dimande Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   8th January 2012, 10:16 am

Prince Dimande
Prince of the Black Moon Clan

Image from: The Oracle :: bssm encyclopedia

Anime:
Prince Dimande (Prince Diamond in the NA dub) was the leader of the Black Moon Clan, a group who rejected the purification of Neo Queen Serenity during the formation of Crystal Tokyo. They were then banished by her to the Planet Nemesis. Under the influence of Wiseman, Dimande led his people as they sought revenge on those who had banished them. However, Dimande was also infatuated with Neo Queen Serenity. When they went to the past to disrupt the future, he immediately recognized Sailor Moon as the future Queen. He kidnapped her and tried to force her into loving him, but she was saved by Tuxedo Mask.

After his brother, Saphir died, Dimande was angry with Wiseman, but still not quite aware of his plot. Dimande found Sailor Moon again when she and the other Senshi made their assault on the forces of the Black Moon clan. He tried to force her to love him again, but he failed. At this point, Sailor Moon helps him to realize he was being manipulated by Wiseman and with the thoughts of his brother, he betrays Wiseman. When Wiseman goes to kill Sailor Moon, he saves her by sacrificing himself. Thus, making him a :"redeemed" villain.

Manga:
The manga, however, is significantly different from the anime. This is from Wikimoon.org

Quote :
In the manga, the members of the Black Moon Clan were believed to be the descendants of criminals and traitors, and were united by their wish to rebel against Neo-Queen Serenity's rule. The leader, Prince Dimande, hated the people of Crystal Tokyo because he felt they were corrupt and wrong, and that their long lifespans were blasphemous. Because of this, Wiseman sought him out, convincing him to draw upon the power of the Evil Black Crystal of Nemesis. In the Black Moon Clan's initial attack on Crystal Tokyo, the Queen rushed out of the Crystal Palace in search of Small Lady, and there Dimande saw her and became immediately obsessed. She only glared at him in rejection, so he attacked her, leaving her sealed within a protective crystal barrier.

Dimande then formed a plan to go back in time to before the influence of the Moon Kingdom began in order to create a new history. He monitored how his minions infiltrated 20th-Century Tokyo, and when they were confronted by the Sailor Senshi, recognized that Sailor Moon's rod had the same appearance as Neo-Queen Serenity's scepter. At this, he told his followers to capture the Sailor Senshi and bring them back to Nemesis as bait for Sailor Moon.

After Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask, and Sailor Venus arrived in the future to rescue their kidnapped friends, they were eventually confronted by Dimande. When he saw the angry look Sailor Moon gave him, Dimande compared it with the one he had received from Neo-Queen Serenity previously and realized they were the same person. He kidnapped Sailor Moon and also took her to Nemesis. Once she awoke he kissed her, but she slapped him and attempted to transform, only to discover that the dark energy on the planet absorbed her powers and made her unable to do so. As this rendered her defenseless against Dimande, Usagi ran from him and eventually came upon his brother Saphir at the core of Nemesis, the reactor which contained the power of the Evil Black Crystal. When Saphir tried to kill her with the help of his two Droids, Usagi discovered that in that place she was able to transform, and then freed her three captive friends. Dimande attempted to prevent their escape, but the four reunited ones escaped from Nemesis in a burst of power that caused the palace to collapse.

Prince Dimande eventually realized that Wiseman was only using him and escaped the control that the so-called advisor had placed on his mind. Saphir, however, was not able to throw off Wiseman's control so easily, and attacked his brother, forcing Dimande to kill him. Dimande later stole the Silver Crystal of the present from Sailor Moon and the one of the future from Black Lady, and attempted to bring them together in order to destroy the time-space continuum, but Sailor Pluto used her forbidden Time Stop attack and prevented it.

After his plans all failed, he attempted to kill Sailor Moon, but was killed when she and Tuxedo Mask both combined their powers against him.

Fanart:

Credit to: Ze-RoFruits

Credit to: Winetta

Fandom Pairings:
In the Sailor Moon fandom, I've noticed about two pairings with Prince Dimande. One is the obvious and at times, controversial, Diamande x Sailor Moon/Serenity. This relationship is obviously one sided, unless in some fanfics or fanart, Sailor Moon is turned completely evil or something. I'm not a huge fan of this because of the implications of the relationship. Dimande in the manga (and anime but he has some redeeming qualities in there) forces himself upon Usagi. These are all implications of rape. He doesn't really want her because he "loves" her. Its an infatuation, its just a need to actually want her and posses her, like an object. I like how in the manga this could be Naoko touching on the subject of rape, but in fandom, I don't like the implications of what can happen with this relationship.

*cough*

Now on to the second pairing. Dimande x Saphir. I have a hard time getting onto this one too because its incesty, but you know what...I was slightly into Elricest (for those that don't know the pairing of Ed and Al from Fullmetal Alchemist) so I can dig this. Also, I think you could also make the argument that maybe they aren't blood related brothers, but more like "clan" brothers. Hm. Sometimes its just an excuse to see some yaoi, plus Saphir is cute. lol

Personal Opinion:
I've had a hard time liking him as a villain. To this day I still haven't watched the final episodes of R (why? I have no idea. Lazy?) but I have read the manga, several times. I think I preferred him in the manga as just being twisted and evil, no redeeming qualities. He was evil to begin with, no question about that. I can say that I like the qualities of Usagi that get presented because of him kidnapping all of her friends and then her, and then trying to essentially rape her. Usagi becomes a BAMF in that part of the manga. Which I think is why I enjoy that part. Not so much because of Dimande. However, I digress.

I want to see everyones finds! Fanart, fanfics (don't feel bad if i don't read them since i'm not the hugest fan of him), AMVs, and of course, your opinions. Also feel free to discuss Dimande in Myu and even his anime Seiyuu

Consider this thread open for discussion! Yay!

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   8th January 2012, 3:53 pm

Nice input, Brit-chan! I actually liked Prince Dimande. I liked him in better in the anime than the manga. At least he saw through his evil ways. I'm not a huge supporter of DimandeXUsagi, but I don't mind it. I somewhat ship it only because I think it's fun to pair Usagi with different people.

formally Yamichan16   
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   8th January 2012, 5:25 pm

http://www.zerochan.net/

In the dub, Diamond's voice is beautiful. Isn't it? If I remember correctly...
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   8th January 2012, 5:35 pm

English

You know now that watched this now I realized he was going to rape her and I'm amazed that Dic kept this! So we can't see them die, but we can watch a girl nearly get rapped! Moving on....I always liked his voice. I think Dic did had nice voice actors especially for some of the villains.

Japanese. You know I like English voice better.

formally Yamichan16   
Back to top Go down
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   8th January 2012, 7:15 pm

Bahaha, the english dub video starting off with Mamoru making interesting sounds I completely lost it.
Then later when he's casually hang gliding around the place looking for Usagi. Also I love how Usagi still calls
Diamond a prince even if he's being so horrible to her. She's such a noble woman.

It is completely clear he's going to assault her, I think it's disgusting that they'll imply that. At my age
watching that now it kind of sickens me that they'll do this but censor so many other seemingly tame things. I'd much rather watch Haruka and Michiru share their special love
openly and see a few shots of implied nakedness instead!

He does have a lovely voice though... Wink
Back to top Go down
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   8th January 2012, 7:53 pm

Here are both of Prince Demand's image songs from Tanjou! Ankoku no Princess Black Lady (and the Kaiteiban). In both productions, Prince Demand is portrayed by Hikari Ono, who is considered amongst fans to be one of the most popular Myu actors. I think she did a pretty good job of portraying Prince Demand in the musicals. Then again, my opinion is slightly biased since she is one of my favourite Myu actors. ^^ English translation lyrics are included below, although I'm not sure how accurate they are.

LYRICS: http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/musicalmoon/demand.html

LYRICS: http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/musicalmoon/kekki.html

Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   9th January 2012, 10:58 am

Quote :
Now on to the second pairing. Dimande x Saphir. I have a hard time getting onto this one too because its incesty, but you know what...I was slightly into Elricest (for those that don't know the pairing of Ed and Al from Fullmetal Alchemist) so I can dig this. Also, I think you could also make the argument that maybe they aren't blood related brothers, but more like "clan" brothers. Hm. Sometimes its just an excuse to see some yaoi, plus Saphir is cute. lol

I heart you, B-chan, I really do. I don't mind if people want to go with "clan brothers" if it makes them feel better but I personally have no problem just calling them brothers. I love them together either way. (I should sound a tad bit more ashamed about that, shouldn't I. :p)

But even if I were to take a moment and talk about them in a non-yaoi context, I do love their relationship. In the anime we get that one flashback of them as normal, innocent brothers and they were so beautiful. Diamond seemed like such a kind and caring older brother and Saffir's adoration for him was so untainted when they were younger. I will always feel sad for the way things ended for them.

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   9th January 2012, 11:15 am

I agree with you. Incest at times seems wrong but at the same time, if I enjoy the relationship...I kinda brush it aside. Honestly, incest only ends up being bad when its like brother and sister or mother and brother having sex and then having children, which end up with birth defects. /cough But that's besides the point.

I like how Four King Hell is treating the two. If you haven't read up to that point, you really should!

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   9th January 2012, 5:53 pm

Yay~! Dimande thread~. *Finishes spazzing.*

Haha, yes, he's one of my favorite antagonists, next to Saphir.

As a villain, he makes a very conflicting character. He has no bones about breaking limits to get what he wants, but he's also got a deeper side to it - at least, it looks that way upon reflection. Dimande's infatuation is certainly a little on the unhealthy side at the start, but ... given a change of circumstance, it could go for the better and be a perfectly healthy relationship with Usagi/Serenity.

I am not ignoring the implied rape, nor am I trying to gloss over it. But he does have redeeming qualities that simply need to be cultured - Dimande seems to be acting on desperation of sorts, be it unaware or otherwise of the fact. From what it looks like in the anime, he seems to believe that if he convinces her of his ... affections, he will stand down and allow things to proceed naturally.

In the manga, however, he is - as Brit-chan said - an flat villain. That's the one bad thing about the manga, unfortunately. Very few of the antagonists actually become more than blank villains.

I do like that he still cares for his brother in the anime, regardless of their situation. The little flashback was very endearing. (And in the dub, he does have a sexy voice, XD. Can't deny that one. ^_^")

Anywho~. Done with my wall of a post.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   9th January 2012, 6:05 pm

Sailor Pluto wrote:
I do like that he still cares for his brother in the anime, regardless of their situation. The little flashback was very endearing. (And in the dub, he does have a sexy voice, XD. Can't deny that one. ^_^")

Oh, I have to concur -- Dub voice or not, it was quite smexy. Very Happy Hee.

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   9th January 2012, 6:14 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Sailor Pluto wrote:

Oh, I have to concur -- Dub voice or not, it was quite smexy. Very Happy Hee.

Haha, that it is. :3
Back to top Go down
Almonds-s2
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly LunarPorcelainDoll

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   10th January 2012, 3:16 pm

Credit: Shabomu

My favourite part is probably where Dimande kidnaps Usagi, in both the Orginal, the dub, and the manga.

Back to top Go down
http://tasteofalmonds.wordpress.com/ http://serene-transcendence.tumblr.com/ http://almondsdesigns.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/almondss2
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   10th January 2012, 3:29 pm

LunarPorcelainDoll wrote:

Credit: Shabomu

My favourite part is probably where Dimande kidnaps Usagi, in both the Orginal, the dub, and the manga.

This. I thought that scene was so beautiful; Usagi's crying and wishing to see Mamoru was so painful as well. But I actually preferred this scene of Dimande's to the episode when he saves Sailor Moon. I didn't like that typical anime tendency to try and make every villain a good guy in the end. Dimande's personality is that he is obsessively selfish and when the writers made him act all 'I want to be good now' it just demoted his character.

To me. :p

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   11th January 2012, 8:42 am

I actually like all of the Diamond- or Sapphire-centric episodes. They're all very interesting to me, and I've seen most of them more than once. :3
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   12th January 2012, 11:49 am

Wow, I'm honestly surprised that Demando/Saffir is considered a common fandom pairing! 0_0 I always thought it was considered rare and that there aren't a-lot of fans.

I was born under the star of Mars
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   15th January 2012, 6:49 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I didn't like that typical anime tendency to try and make every villain a good guy in the end. Dimande's personality is that he is obsessively selfish and when the writers made him act all 'I want to be good now' it just demoted his character.

Dimande's heel face turn (i.e., going from villain to good guy) did feel a bit rushed, although arguably seeing his brother being killed by Wiseman is an eye opening event. Nevertheless, he kept pining after Sailor Moon even following Saphir's death, if I recall correctly. I suppose Esmeraude got the whole "narcissism is my downfall" treatment, literally becoming a manifestation of her inner ugliness. To have tacked on with Dimande would have been a diminished narrative event---although the whole Black Moon Clan was extremely vain; kind of their calling card. Dimande never had much of an emotional connection with anyone other than Saphir in the anime, so his Darth Vader-esque sacrificial act is on the weird side given that he remained hellbent on making Serenity his queen.

How interesting it would have been had Dimande saved Sailor Moon (in the anime) because he was still obsessed over her? That moment could have been simultaneously heart-wrenching (Dimande is a slave to his passions, even to the bitter end) and creepy (he got himself killed so he could preserve Sailor Moon for himself). It ultimately depends on execution.

Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   15th January 2012, 11:14 pm

@Thereisnospoon303 wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I didn't like that typical anime tendency to try and make every villain a good guy in the end. Dimande's personality is that he is obsessively selfish and when the writers made him act all 'I want to be good now' it just demoted his character.

Dimande's heel face turn (i.e., going from villain to good guy) did feel a bit rushed, although arguably seeing his brother being killed by Wiseman is an eye opening event. Nevertheless, he kept pining after Sailor Moon even following Saphir's death, if I recall correctly. I suppose Esmeraude got the whole "narcissism is my downfall" treatment, literally becoming a manifestation of her inner ugliness. To have tacked on with Dimande would have been a diminished narrative event---although the whole Black Moon Clan was extremely vain; kind of their calling card. Dimande never had much of an emotional connection with anyone other than Saphir in the anime, so his Darth Vader-esque sacrificial act is on the weird side given that he remained hellbent on making Serenity his queen.

How interesting it would have been had Dimande saved Sailor Moon (in the anime) because he was still obsessed over her? That moment could have been simultaneously heart-wrenching (Dimande is a slave to his passions, even to the bitter end) and creepy (he got himself killed so he could preserve Sailor Moon for himself). It ultimately depends on execution.
Agree, I don't believe Demando ever truly loved Serenity. Real love can't be forced, I honestly think the only person he ever truly loved was Saffir.

Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   16th January 2012, 8:33 am

Aww you guys are making that paring grow on me.

formally Yamichan16   
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   16th January 2012, 2:28 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Aww you guys are making that paring grow on me.

Eh? Which pairing?

Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   16th January 2012, 2:30 pm

Demando and Saffir

formally Yamichan16   
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   16th January 2012, 2:55 pm

@EurAsianGirl wrote:
Agree, I don't believe Demando ever truly loved Serenity. Real love can't be forced, I honestly think the only person he ever truly loved was Saffir.

Oh, I agree with you as well. As Spoons said, the whole Black Moon clan had a very vain aspect of themselves and what they felt they deserved. The only time I really recall Diamond showing his soft and sincere side was when he interacted with Saffir, as well as when he witnessed his brother's death. I think that when it came to Serenity, he was infatuated with her looks and her defiant personality. As Prince, Diamond had a very high opinion of himself and I think it enticed him that Serenity was not interested in him.

But back to Diamond and his brother, yes, I love the possibility for multiple dynamics between them. Saffir in the anime plays more of the moral role while Diamon is just consumed with his own obsessions. However in the manga, Saffir is not as passive and so I like that notion of this cunning Saffir going after his oblivious Nii-san.

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   16th January 2012, 3:44 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
@EurAsianGirl wrote:

Oh, I agree with you as well. As Spoons said, the whole Black Moon clan had a very vain aspect of themselves and what they felt they deserved. The only time I really recall Diamond showing his soft and sincere side was when he interacted with Saffir, as well as when he witnessed his brother's death. I think that when it came to Serenity, he was infatuated with her looks and her defiant personality. As Prince, Diamond had a very high opinion of himself and I think it enticed him that Serenity was not interested in him.

But back to Diamond and his brother, yes, I love the possibility for multiple dynamics between them. Saffir in the anime plays more of the moral role while Diamon is just consumed with his own obsessions. However in the manga, Saffir is not as passive and so I like that notion of this cunning Saffir going after his oblivious Nii-san.

Really? I didn't think Saffir was passive in the anime at all! lol, he was actually quite feisty and was the only one willing to stand up to Demando despite always getting beaten up for it. Also its weird, but I only saw the hints to the Demando/Saffir pairing in the anime and musicals, I didn't see it at all in the manga.

Can you perhaps tell me what hints you saw between them in the manga?

Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   6th April 2015, 6:17 am

How did i not find this earlier??????   i'm like the Queen of worshipping him!

Jokes aside, i've known about this thread for a little while. I just get worried that people are kinda sick of me talking about him 

Anyway......i do happen to have a lot of fanfiction on him. And i mean ALOT

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4854186/1/The-Meaning-of-Love

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1157587/1/A-Time-of-Darkness

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3813688/1/Life-or-Love

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4367095/1/Life-or-Love-II

There is one more but it's very very sexual

And now i'm gonna go back and lurk the dark depths of Tumblr

Signatures made by Artemis,mangaka-chan,Radicaledward124,Marianne, Lust,,Plex-ly and other GC Members
                                                                             Formerly SailorKittyElyon
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mistress Rei
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Lost Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Prince Dimande Dedication Thread   16th November 2018, 11:57 am

Prince Demande is one of my favorite male villains and he is a very amazing guy too, especially when he tries to protect Usagi from Wiseman in the 90s Anime and Crystal after he realized that he didn't want to be evil anymore.

Credit for signature goes to Diana.
Back to top Go down

Prince Dimande Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: General Sailor Moon Discussion :: Individual Characters & Couples-