The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[HC Event]Conscription

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 12:18 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 B105B628F984293F926719C9838917F2F7E6477A582D6CA0C9pimgpsh_fullsize_distr
Constant vigilance - that was the phrase of the day. Right? Right. Maenyra seemed serious, but concerned, and almost military-like, like Elysande; despite the compass shaking she seemed like she had a good head on her shoulders, and Crysdal liked that. She moved forward, watching her step, but paused and looked back when Bastet - she wished she knew her non-senshi name, it was bound to be cute, like Hadley's - tried to get everyone's attention. As she explained what she was doing with the mud, the blonde paused, mentally weighing the consequences. 

On the one hand, no bugs. 
On the other, she'd be slathered in mud, and who knew when she could catch a bath.
And in both cases, she'd rather not get her right hand muddy.

Her brow furrowed as she watched the tiny cat-girl carefully apply the mud to her face. And then Hadley - no! Hadley! - started applying it, too, and somewhere in the back of her mind she prayed she would not have to administer Butterfly Kisses to either of them. She glanced down at her exposed arms and grimaced further at the little red welts popping up, suddenly feeling that irresistible urge to scratch the living daylights out of them, and wondered if the mud would help with that, and then reconsidered because mud and just wanted to groan and throw herself down on a couch and wallow in self pity for a moment because if everyone was slathering mud on themselves it was inevitable she would end up getting mud in her mouth. She cringed.

Mud, or no mud?

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 ThMyae[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 4jsq88
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 EryTeT
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 AE5IZ4
Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 UNUQgL
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Qq4GRc

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 WYxcDX[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 VfipPu[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 QcYyas[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 RCRME8[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 MwKWL7[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 WbL1DG[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 2tcOIq[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 JbCUuo[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 V4DbwT[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 YtpCB5[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Mmp9t9[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Dx2prT
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 MWQFX2
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 12:20 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 ReEnAQI

One of the mud-smeared approached her and spoke. Sailor Xtal-Diamante turned towards the girl, feeling the peculiar intensity of these vibrations. It reminded her of when Sailor Jin had arrived on her planet—having conversation directed at her, not just happening around her, gave a different resonance. Her eyes remained unblinking as she let it pass through her, feeling the odd quiver on her own rough skin. It was still strange to think that there were creatures who could create this kind of vibration.

The questions Sailor Bastet posed struck Xtal-Diamante as odd, although she showed no outward reaction, her face maintaining the same expressionless state.

We do not have 'mud' on my planet.

The cloud-haired teenager watched the lips move on this strange sailor soldier person thing, and realized that there had been no reaction to what Xtal-Diamante thought she had said. She tilted her head slightly at the question about whether or not she could understand Bastet... of course she could. Why would anyone think otherwise?

A sparkle of realization glinted momentarily across her eyes.

I am not resonating! No wonder! How had she not noticed before?

When she struggled to move her own lips it felt very curious. Sailor Xtal-Diamante had not known that it was a thing she had never done before until this moment, but it seemed to be something everyone else around her could manage so easily. Her own form was very similar to theirs. This had to be something she could also participate in.

The voice that came out was soft, halting, with a faint lisp... but the most curious part about it was the way that it felt, sending tingling sound waves on a frequency that could shiver the skin of someone as close as the feline Sailor Bastet.

"I am... Sailor Xtal-Diamante," the red-clad girl replied, neither facial expression nor vocal intonation betraying typical hints towards emotion or personality.

The last comment, although it meant well, was nothing that Xtal-Diamante could reply to. Typical conversation habits related to politeness were not a part of her culture... considering that she was the sole complex inhabitant of her world. Instead she remained still, staring, the blank face regarding the smaller girl's mud-covered form without any apparent question or response. Of course, the mud was basically a moot point for the crystal-eyed sailor soldier, as the bugs remained notably absent from her form.

Pronunciation Note:

Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 1:12 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 0qA0DsV

And now two of them were covered in mud. That was just... wonderful. Fantastic. At least the rest of the group weren't slathering themselves...yet. SAM was keeping her distance from Sailor Bastet and Valdis though. She had never been so thankful for her armor since touching down on this planet. This place was a health hazard, she just knew it.

On a more interesting and less gag inducing note, it appeared that the female humanoid with the stone skin could indeed talk, even if it was highly stilted. Her title was Sailor Hex-tal di-ah-man-tey. She couldn't even guess at the spelling of such a name, so she filed it away as a pronunciation instead.

SAM waited for her stomach to settle before trying to speak again. "If we're all done a-applying anti insect methods, we should keep going." Her voice shook a bit, but she steadied it a moment later. "This planet is foreign, and I would not trust its resources so readily..." Maybe that would keep them from rubbing themselves on mysterious plants or something equally weird next.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 2:22 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 KeESSpr

Ari looked at the girl and attempted repeating her name slowly. "Hex-tal di-ah-man-tey...?" That was an odd word to roll off the tongue. But hooray! She could talk and she could understand them. Though her expression and tone were impossible to read this was better than being unable to communicate at all.

"Well...Hex-tal. Is it ok if I call you Hex-tal for short? I am Sailor Bastet. You guys can also call me-" She stopped short when the metallic one (SAM? It was...something with letters and numbers) spoke up.

She was right with both points. The smile she had from talking to Xtal fell. Oh, right...she had quickly slathered mud all over her body and hadn't even stopped to plant life if this would even be ok. Oh how could she be so stupid!

"Oh I didn't think of that...I'm just so used to my planet," she replied sheepishly, "I can find out real quick what is safe for us here. Just give me a claw." She closed her eyes and began concentrating on the trees around her. Forming the question of if this was safe and if there were any dangers to watch for in her mind, she walked over and put her hand on one of them.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 20988_v[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 20988_s[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 36226_v
Owner of SeaofSerenity.Net ~ SM Fansubs and more!
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Et1bWu6[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 UYgdPZB[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 IYzEL7[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Zm82bZI[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Fph3eEL[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 7UeDrPr[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 AwbCmiF[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I2DGvTX[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 J3LPkpE[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 SA1eBr[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 WHso3i[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Z9nJOOh[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 VdeeceP[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 TfS1i3G[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 XM3t1u
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 3:31 pm

Quote :
The tree's answer was the feeling of contentment and safety, though warned of tiny bugs that liked to burrow and bite.

General note for newbies! (XD And Oldies who haven't used passive abilities like this before!) Please bold or color specific actions (er, any color) that use an ability to interact with the world! XD It catches my eye a little better when I'm catching up with posts ^^ So, like if your characters wants to do something like...
Scan for Energy Readings / Sense Negative Energies / Attempt a Premonition / Talk to Plants / Animals / Sense Magical Auras / etc
XD kindly bold that so I don't lose it!

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 B105B628F984293F926719C9838917F2F7E6477A582D6CA0C9pimgpsh_fullsize_distr
The new, soft voice gave Crysdal a welcome excuse to stop contemplating the use of the mud, and with Bastet repeating the name once again, she caught it. Hex-tal Diamante- the name was sharp and solid and heavy in her mind, leading her to draw some conclusions about the senshi to whom it belonged. It took her too long to mentally say so she shortened it to Hex, believing the girl wouldn't mind too much. 

Chaldybus motioned again to the swamp, and now with everyone seemingly ready to go and clued in, Crysdal strode forward confidently, ready to lead if no one else stepped forward to do so. With this crowd, she figured someone else - probably one of the more aggressive people - would take that spot, which was fine for her as she could get to know people a little better.

Moving On wrote:

As they enter the swamp, senshi should notice that the bugs multiply, that the light dims from the trees surrounding them (Hemera's glow should become more noticeable), and that the land quickly turns into scattered ponds of varying depths and mud content. Getting their feet stuck in the mud would be a random occurrence up to the player's discretion, however, at this stage, all senshi should be able to pull free with their own strength. Flight is impossible beneath the trees from the sheer volume of vines and heavy tree limbs. Everything feels wet and smells earthy, if a bit stale.

Valdis and Bastet would understand that the greenery isn't really bothered one way or another. They're just doing what they do.

Aldrin and Xtal-Diamante wouldn't really get any untoward vibrations or soundwaves; the swamp feels close and dense, so sound would travel for quite a ways pretty fast, but so far... nothing beyond their own movements.

Perception Check: 6
Celestal, Nyx, Aldrin, and Valdis would notice that there isn't much in the way of wildlife around; it was quiet, but for the buzzing of insects and the sounds of their own travel. ... it was a little too strange to ignore.

General Order: First to Last in "line" ((they can travel single to triple file, but probably best not to spread out too much when in the swamp))
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 D2aG0K[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 B1RYSZ[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Jwg6pW[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 GBsyKq[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 FKbeNG[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 NTE7Bl[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 UVnNPz[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 RLMi0H[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Q8s1xb[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 NGw6oS[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 GQqUXi[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 SV5Kqo XD original skype shuffling stopped in favor of in-character discussion 
Players~ please figure out the order♥

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 WYxcDX[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 VfipPu[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 QcYyas[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 RCRME8[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 MwKWL7[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 WbL1DG[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 2tcOIq[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 JbCUuo[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 V4DbwT[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 YtpCB5[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Mmp9t9[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Dx2prT

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 3rd August 2016, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 5:34 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 YnYB6wE

Nearly close to slathering herself in mud as well, Cosima paused as she listened to SAM's comments regarding the potential dangers of the mud. She had actually thought the idea was a sound one and a small part of her felt bad towards the feline girl who seemed to legitimately wanted to help. If the insects became truly intolerable then Cosima decided she would use the mud as a last resort. Dusting her hands off, she glanced around the group as they all began to march into the swamp and held up a hand to stop them. "I think we should consider the order in we shall proceed first." Cosima suggested as her mind quickly began working on placing each senshi with another, her brows furrowing in concentration as she examined each of them carefully and debating on which one should go where. 

"Sailor Alshain and I shall take the lead in the front while Celestal and SAM follow close behind with the compass." She paused briefly, biting her lip while she considered who should go next before finally deciding on the winged boy and the blonde-haired girl. "Aegle and Amarachius will travel together and Bastet and Valdis will be behind them." The two girls seemed to have taken with one another and it seemed best to keep them close. There were only four left to choose from now. She figured it would be a good idea to keep the two sister's close as they would most likely already work efficiently together. Xtal had been too quiet to get a good read on her abilities and considering Aldrin's last 'episode' she didn't trust either's ability to properly guard the rear. "Hextal," Was she saying that right? Oh well if she wasn't, "and Aldrin would follow after with the two sisters guarding the rear. Now let's go." Her tone left no room for argument as she turned away but internally she was beginning to panic. 

Had she made the right decisions on who to place where? What if Aldrin ran off or someone got hurt? Simply shaking her head at herself, Cosima decided to brush aside her concerns for now. Her wavering confidence could be noticed by the others and affect how they viewed her. Questioning her own decisions after the fact would only harm her in the end. If she looked back, she would only be lost.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yunbuns
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 RMQswKA[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 H4RJ9Np[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Sn1wjrp[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 8jCa1cO[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 A8E4GsN
The wolf-sister to Diana.  Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 6:28 pm

As soon as SAM entered the trees, the ceaselessly buzzing clouds of insects grew even even heavier. They even began to bang against her visor, drawn to the slight glow it gave off. She shuddered, but did her best to tune out their sounds and continue on. Soon they were walking through a bog of sorts, with random pockets of deeper water just waiting to be stepped in and tripped over.

Her own weight was enough to make her sink with each step, to her mumbled displeasure, but she just pulled her leg back out whenever she got stuck. The sooner the ground evened out, the better. Maybe she could find a place to scrub her boots and shin armor clean again...

She froze when Sailor Cosima raised a hand, not out of obedience, but out of habits drummed into her by her training. An order for proceeding sounded sensible to her though, so she didn't complain when Cosima began to organize them. Having a designated plan made her feel just a little better about this entire ordeal. 

When she heard the name SAM pronounced not as separate symbols in her code, but as one sound, her head whipped around to look at the other senshi, the only sign of her internal shock and confusion. How did she know of that nickname? She had not introduced herself as such. Only one person called her that on a frequent basis, and she wasn't here, so how-? 

Before her mind could continue on its wild tangent, another thought interrupted.

Sam was just was S-A-M slurred together into a word. She was overanalyzing it, as usual. SAM saw her internal temperature reading rise slightly before she even felt the blush. This planet was just getting to her. She didn't care what the others called her, they were meaningless titles with no emotional attachment to them. 

But she did sort of like it. 

"That... sounds agreeable..." Sailor Chalybs said, locating her "assigned" partner. She had been selected to guard one of their two medical practitioners, which she had no issue with. Even better, she wasn't first in line. Even after a year of travelling, she was still not quite used to conflict, and being head of a formation felt like too much for her. Her eyes found Sailor Celestal, and she slogged through the mud to stand by her. "You do not mind this formation, correct?" she asked, looking down at her.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 6:41 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 FmnqQmZ

"Uhhhh, no," Celestal squeaked, not having expected SAM to ask her a question. It made sense though, as one of the healers of the group she was in a way "valuable" and it made sense to have someone who would be able to defend her. Plus, with the compass in her care, it made sense to have her near the head of the group...though she rather be father away from the action. 

"Do you, I mean, do you have a problem being paired with me?" she was scared of the other senshi's reaction. What if the tech hybrid did have a problem with her? What would they do? Would she say anything, or would she lie? 

While her thoughts raced, she began to notice that something wasn't quite right with the forest. For the first two seconds, it was hard to put a finger on what it was but it came to her. It was too quiet. The only noises she heard were them and the buzzing of insects. 

"There's no animals, no wildlife," she said astonished, just loud enough that SAM or anyone close by could hear her. "Where did they go?" Did this planet even have wildlife beyond insects?
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 7:03 pm

Had she done or said something wrong? Sailor Celestal was now acting timid,  though it was not SAM's original intention to scare her. She really needed to work on that...

"...This pairing is logical, so I have no issue with it as well," she answered with a nod. Celestal was also not caked in mud, which was a plus. "Beyond tactical efficiency, I do not have a personal reason to object." How could she have a problem with someone she just met? She frowned and looked at the trees surrounding the group at Celestal's comment. No wildlife at all? Nothing but these insects and mud? 

"That is highly unusual for a planet said to have a native people. There must be larger creatures inhabiting this forest." SAM said. She narrowed her eyes and decided to perform her own scan of the nearby area.

"Energy Scanner active." Ferrum.exe did not use the speakers this time, only letting SAM hear the AI in her helmet as it ran the program.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 7:10 pm

Ari got her answer from the tree, smiled and thanked it.

"It seems the mud is okay but we should watch out for other bugs besides the mosquito. The tree told me of a type that liked to burrow...I'm assuming under your skin." Ari frowned at the thought.  Nature was her thing and all but even the thought of that made her shudder a little bit.

They continued to move on into the swamp which turned out to be dense and full of random sinkhole like puddles. She was just waiting to fall in one but so far had only gotten a foot stuck in the mud adn easily pulled it out. Wondering if there were any swamps like this on Bastet, she found the party being stopped by Cosima, who declared an order should be made.

Ari blankly nodded in agreement. This one seemed like she was much more experienced than her and gave off a leader aura so she wasn't about to argue with her, especially after she paired her with Valdis. Ari was glad to have a connection with at least one person here. Everyone was just so different, it was nice to know someone understood her.

She found Valdis and stuck by her.

"It seems we'll be partners in a way," between the two of them they could at least try to feel out with the trees to hopefully get any warnings of enemies, "Um..I guess I could tell you my actual name. I was just so used to always keeping it a secret on my planet but now everyone knows who I am so it's not like it really matters anymore." Ari grumbled that last part seeming upset over her revelation no thanks to Sailor Jin.

"I'm Ari."

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 20988_v[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 20988_s[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 36226_v
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Et1bWu6[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 UYgdPZB[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 IYzEL7[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Zm82bZI[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Fph3eEL[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 7UeDrPr[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 AwbCmiF[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I2DGvTX[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 J3LPkpE[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 SA1eBr[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 WHso3i[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Z9nJOOh[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 VdeeceP[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 TfS1i3G[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 XM3t1u
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 7:35 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Q4typJ6

Hadley returned the smile at Bastet's comment, though the word 'mud bath' still sounded strange to her. She knew the word 'bath' and the word 'mud' of course, but putting the two together made no sense at all. She had thought smearing the mud upon her skin was the mud bath Bastet had spoke of, but apparently that was not correct.

But if the word 'mud bath' was literal, then did that mean that a person would submerge themselves completely in mud? Wouldn't that serve the complete opposite of what a bath represented?

She pondered this silently for a while, lost in her own thoughts as she was prone to do, and only coming out of them again when the armored person spoke of not being so trusting to the planet's resources. Instead of wondering if the mud had been a mistake, Hadley wondered about the armored being name again. What had it been again? Chilly? Chapped Lips? Oh right, Chalybs, that was the one! But that hadn't been quite the proper name either. Something with a bunch of different letters made up the proper name.

But she felt a little intimidated asking so she kept quiet and moved forward. Her heart raced as it felt the group had truly began their journey, and she didn't know what to expect.

Taking the first step into the denser swamp area, Hadley nearly choked on the bugs that hung like a curtain in the air. She was beginning to be even more grateful for the mud coating her skin. It was getting darker too.

For some reason, the darkness bothered her the most. Something felt a little off, but she didn't know what it was.

On instinct, Hadley sought out the familiar warmth of living plants, and took solace in their presence. They seemed unbothered by the thick and wet place they lived in, and that made her feel better. If there was something sinister within, surely they would not feel so neutral.

A voice spoke up then, Cosima, if Hadley remembered correctly. The other girl began dictating the best order for their group to be in on their way through the swamps but Hadley didn't mind being told where to go. It wasn't as if she had any better ideas, and a secret part of her was happy that she'd get to be near Bastet again.  

As Bastet joined her in their proper order within the group, the word 'partners' came up, and Hadley couldn't help but to let a small smile come to her lips. She liked the sound of that. Of all the people of this strangely assembled group, Bastet was the one she felt most at ease for the moment. And then Bastet spoke of her given name 'Ari'. Hadley smiled even more then. "It's nice to know you, Ari. I'm honored to work with you."

She felt that Ari had given her a gift of knowing the girl's real name, so she wanted to do the same. "My real name is  Haedranilie but please just call me Hadley," she said. "I like that name best."

She was distracted then by talk of the lack of animals and other wildlife, and Hadley realized that it was this that had left her uneasy. And hearing the words out loud did not help the fact. It only made it somehow more prominent. She frowned, but didn't know what to add to the conversation, and remained silent. She had to draw in a breath to try and quell the fear quivering in her chest, but it didn't help much.

She closed her eyes for a moment, and let herself just simply focus on the plants around her, drawing strength and courage from them.

She could do this.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Y97whxc6[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yc3hqps4[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Y9a8m54p[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Ycc3u8tl[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yaarnsvz[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yal54fl7[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yda5mpfp
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Nvoq4bz
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 7:41 pm

When Cosima suggested an order, Crysdal paused, glad for a momentary break so she could find a better place to put her feet next. She wasn't a fan of the deep, thick, mud, or the increasingly deep puddles it looked like they would slog through, but at least she had boots on. She felt for Hemera, who was wearing just sandals, and wondered briefly what would happen if those sandals got stuck in the mud and were lost - would she randomly form new ones? Would she have to transform again to get them? She listened to Maenyra's pairings and agreed, looking over to find Amarachius Sworn and offering him a smile. He was cute, he had a big sword, and had the wings of a bird that he could call without the senshi-flight thing; she didn't mind pairing with him at all. And at long last, she knew Chaldybus's name! Sam. Sam was a lot easier to name to chew than Chaldybus; she'd call her Sam, too. 

She trudged towards Amarachius almost gracefully, balancing in the awkward moments between steps using muscles well trained in dance, and glanced towards the front of the group to Elysande, half-smiling towards her. She got to lead in a dangerous situation; Crysdal wondered if she were more nervous or elated or just... well, just Elysande in being calm and accepting with that knife-hard edge she's got. Anyway, she felt safe enough with Maenyra, Elysande, Sam, and Celestal in front of her and Amarachius -- that was a mouthful. He was bound to have a shorter name available. Sworn? Could she get away with just calling him 'Sworn'? Hm. -- anyway, beside her. She hoped everyone behind them would be okay though. 

"So, hi," She greeted easily, offering a bright smile, "Amarachius Sworn, right? Is there any other name you like to go by, or...?

Energy Scanner wrote:
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Jwg6pW Chalybs uses Energy Scanner (1MP)
There were 40 large living things within a 5 mile radius; most lay east or west of their direct path, but there were a handful - 8 - ahead that were closer to their compass line. They weren't moving, but signs showed that they were alive.

Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 8:15 pm

"These woods are not as barren as they seem..." SAM said, studying the readings. Her radar had picked up on multiple living energy signals, though most were avoidable if they kept a straight path. A smaller group was closer though, and that could be trouble. 

"I'm picking up on at least 40 creatures in my radius alone," she said, raising her voice enough to catch the group's attention. Whatever they were, they weren't small either. "Most are to the east and west, but approximately...8 are close by, ahead of us." SAM paused to swallow nervously, very aware of her own heart rate rising. "I don't know what they are, but they're large. They...the group ahead hasn't moved yet, so it's safe to assume they may not know we're here." She hoped one of these new allies had a way to get around this without a fight, if possible... She turned off her scanner to conserve her own energy and glanced around.

"Should we proceed anyway?" 
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd August 2016, 9:46 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Mewe47y

Sailor Aldrin walked behind the rest of the group nervously. She gripped her one arm and listened to the sounds of the forest. She was astounded by Sailor Chalbys's announcement that she was able to detect organisms in the jungle. She wondered how useful it would have been to have Sailor Chalbys on Planet Aldrin. Maybe she could have figured out what the strange sound she was picking up was with her help.

She wanted to be at the very rear in case she needed to run. She tried her hardest not to panic and cry again but it was very hard to do so.

Her heart warmed slightly to hear that she would at least be followed by the sisters. The golden sister, the bright and happy one, was a bit annoying to her, but she found Sailor Nyx to be one of the more likable characters in their group. She hoped that she could learn to rely on her in coming times of strife.

But she wasn't comfortable with who she had been paired with and actually suspected that the group had been somewhat prejudiced. It seemed most of the group had fleshy, brown shades of skin. It was only her and this Xtal soldier that were made of other compositions. She couldn't help but feel that the group simply didn't know what to do with the two of them.

"Let... um... let me know if there is anything I do to make things easier on you, um..."

Her words to Sailor Xtal-Diamante weren't all too reassuring.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 H64bUab[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Uw13kz2[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 4boFGce
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 E92foQg [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 VjAIR46

Last edited by Sailor CJ on 4th August 2016, 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th August 2016, 5:34 am

Having taken her place in the line as outlined by the harsh one with red hair, Sailor Xtal-Diamante walked along. This strange sinking and pulling in the unstable ground occupied a lot of her attention. How did the planet form ground like this? The squelching of each step generated peculiar sound waves that almost tickled her. It was not a comfortable feeling. Some of the moisture from the swamp slowly seeped through the material of her footwear, pooling oddly around her feet. Her hard skin was unable to absorb this unfamiliar liquid. She would have rather it not been touching her.

The buzzing insects increased as they went deeper into the jungle. There was nothing else of interest to her, so she focused on the gentle timbre generated by those small winged creatures. If nothing else, it was a welcome distraction from the plodding pace of walking in this sludgy muck.

The blue one, who stood nearest to her in line, said something. Xtal-Diamante turned her impassive face towards Sailor Aldrin, feeling the vibrations of the girl's speech passing through her. The offer-or-request took a moment for the pastel cloud-haired girl to comprehend. Sailor Xtal-Diamante opened her mouth as if to speak, but could not determine what should be said. She settled instead for staring at Aldrin.

Xtal-Diamante didn't know what to think of this one. The motions and words of Sailor Aldrin confused her; the strange water from before, and the sharp sound waves that hurt, and then the soft ones that did not hurt... There was a lot going on with this jiggly one. Maybe eventually she could figure out what some of it meant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th August 2016, 10:32 am

Sailor Aldrin blinked, not sure what to think. This Sailor Xtal-Diamante wasn't responding. Did she hear her? No, she definitely heard her. She was looking right at her. Did she not understand her? Maybe there was another way she could communicate with this strange, alien girl.

She could communicate through song!

"Stuck between a rock and a hard place?
I will be your friend, granite face.
You can count on me, Sailor Aldrin,
to us get out of this jungle we are in."

She sang softly, not wanting to alert any sort of strange enemy and this time did not use her guitar. That odd, static tone still came through, making it seem like her voice was coming from something like an old record or damaged speaker. She beamed in pride, thinking that her plan really would work.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 H64bUab[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Uw13kz2[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 4boFGce

Last edited by Sailor CJ on 4th August 2016, 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th August 2016, 10:42 am

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 M7t27nI

As they began making their way through the swamp, one of the senshi -- Cosima? -- took the initiative to work out a marching order. The path wasn't that wide, and it probably wouldn't be the most efficient to all scramble together with no plan whatsoever, so that was good.

She was glad she and her sister got to be at the back of the group. That should keep her sister from going head first into trouble. Being at the rear was a dangerous position too just as much as being at the front, seeing as they would have to watch out for a sneak attack, but Nyx did not doubt her sister's abilities at all. Only her judgment. So this worked out for her.

At their front was the quiet senshi -- that apparently can talk, that was good to know before she got to embarrass herself in an attempt at sign language -- and the one with the blue skin. It would be interesting to see that pairing's dynamic. She made a mental note to look out for them, especially the blue one, in case she had another breakdown or something.

Barely avoiding stepping into a puddle, she eyed the senshi wearing boots. How convenient. She may be well used to wearing heels, but this would not do through this swamp.

Well, it could be worse. She looked down at her sister's sandals, then up at her eyes and gave her an evil grin. Polite and reserved as she normally may be, she would occasionally be a brat towards her sister. Sibling love and all. With heels at least she could be a little better protected. All she had to do was watch her step, avoid any deeper puddles and she might just--

Fat chance of that happening in this stupid swamp. Mere seconds later she lost her balance and fell on her left knee, thankfully partially controlling her fall. But her leg was all covered in mud now. Great. She stood right back up and continued on, not daring to look at Hemera.

As they went on, she tried to be alert of her surroundings. In fact... there wasn't all that much to be alert of yet. It was quiet. Too quiet, come think of it. It was rather eerie. But Sam used some sort of senshi magic to locate other living creatures nearby -- apparently there were about 8 of them near their path. That was good to know.

They could only keep going and see what would happen then.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 GBjQ73R [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 NFLwlk7 [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 TbtdX6E [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 1jF8Tdu [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 KN21eXC
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 DAxXZC5 [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 PST6UD2 [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Adminm11 [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Stamp_rainbow_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d7gil3t [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 J9FkIOw [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 UE6R4jw [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 ZMIrfsf [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 HehHIQk

Last edited by Light on 4th August 2016, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th August 2016, 10:46 am

The vibrations were different now. This Sailor Aldrin seemed to contain more options than the others in their group. So far she had used some sound waves similar to those that the others communicated with, then there were the unpleasant and painful kind that Xtal-Diamante wanted to avoid, and the last discovered kind was this... static type. Were there more? Why did these creatures generate these vacillations? Everyone she was surrounded by seemed to regard this as a "normal" thing to do, and yet she had never experienced it before. It only seemed to prove how different everything was and would be.

The words were even more peculiar this time. Sailor Xtal-Diamante puzzled over them—the jelly appeared to expect a response. There was a slight pause, but the clear eyes indicated none of the internal attempts to form a more thorough reply.

"I do not understand this," she stated, projecting her own unique vibrations. The voice sounded no more steady than before, nor more inflected.
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th August 2016, 12:43 pm

A shiver went through Sailor Aldrin, though to the others it likely appeared that her whole body wobbled in surprise. She breathed in, blinked and then breathed out. It seemed that this girl was even more confused about their current predicament than she was!

She smiled sadly. The girl's words were very familiar to her. They were one of the first things she had ever heard. The Apols, small jelly blob creatures, found her trapped inside of a crystal in the core of her small planet two years. Unlike most of the others, Sailor Aldrin had always been Sailor Aldrin. The Apols didn't understand what a sailor soldier was and neither did she. They simply made due with their odd circumstance and they grew to understand each other. Maybe she could understand this girl too.

"My name is Sailor Aldrin," she merely said, repeating words she once said to someone else, "and I will protect you."

Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th August 2016, 6:04 pm

Converting these vibrations into thoughts would clearly take a significant amount of practice to become something easier to do. The meanings of the waves broadcast harmonized sometimes internally, at which point Sailor Xtal-Diamante understood it, or else they jarred uncomfortably somewhere among her crystal structure—in which case, she did not. "Friend" had been one of those things before, probably related to the lack of community on her own planet, and now "protect" was another. She had a vague sensation that "protect" was something she did. Something she did for Xtal-Diamante, her home.

So why would Sailor Aldrin state that she would protect Xtal-Diamante? The jelly-type could not claim a home from her rocky self. Surely anything that could count her as a home would be much, much smaller. Much smaller. Not at all the size of the young woman walking alongside of her.

The figure in the dark red uniform grew even more silent, musing over this concept. How... strange!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th August 2016, 7:52 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 CNgUiZI

So far, this adventure had been less fun than she expected.

What with her short attention span, Hemera’s focus was pulled in different directions; trying to combat the multiplying insects, not falling into a puddle, and paying attention where she was stepping on. The others’ conversations washed over her, going through one ear and out the other as she had never been the most perceptive to situations and tended to get lost in her own head.

However, she saw Nyx’s glance at her, that mischievous grin of hers that she only showed to Hemera. Everyone thought Nyx was so nice and polite. Everyone did not know her as well as Hemera did.

But then… karma.

Almost as soon as Nyx threw her that look, she tripped and fell. If Hemera weren’t so busy making sure she herself wouldn’t fall, she would have certainly been fast enough to catch her. As it was, her sister had stood back up before she could help, and Hemera let out a pffttbbbttt sound as she attempted to suppress her laughter.

Maybe Nyx would know better than to mock her now.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 4ttFPcD[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 E2wqfIi [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Mercurysig [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Ft6DXry[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Wedding1
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 YgSg9XS [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 J9FkIOw [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 E92foQg [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 GGOnOmH [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 T6HQwOw [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 ZMIrfsf [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 4JvDpxl [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 EfXLP8m 
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 3DQXfaU
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2016, 12:24 am

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 AFFXPjk
While Alshain was prepared to lead the group out into the swamp towards who knew what, she was actually kind of relieved when Cosima began taking command.  The elder girl quickly organized the group into what resembled a line and got everyone moving finally.  She could lead if she had to but found that sometimes it was better to let others who were willing to lead instead, especially when it seemed many of them were older than her though she recognized age did not mean experience.  She had caught that little half smile from Aegle just before they had really set off and in return she shrugged, a look of indifference on her face.  

As they trudged through the jungle, Alshain found her attention torn in three different ways, one to the conversations behind her, one should never pass up on information freely given, two on the path in front of her and Cosima, who knew when they would stumble onto the enemy, and three was on this blasted mud.  While she was able to gracefully keep from tripping in the mud that fervently attempted to steal her boots, she was suddenly thankful for how much better they seemed to fair in this environment than other footwear, she still had to constantly adjust her balance and energy or she would definitely have lost her balance before.  However when Chalybs announced where the nearest life forms were located, she pulled her attention away from the conversations behind her and focused almost entirely on being ready, still focused on her balance, but now she was tense, ready to leap out of the way or into action as soon as they came across this suspicious group ahead of them.  After a few moments it appeared that they would indeed continue forward so Alshain looked back to Chalybs and nodded her acknowledgement of the information, she glanced to Aegle, hoping the healer had also heard the warning and was preparing herself for possible conflict before she turned her attention back to the area ahead of her and Cosima.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Anaitlovesall3
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2016, 7:24 am

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 YnYB6wE

As they trudged through the swamp Cosima was silently cursing her heels, regretting that her outfit hadn't been equipped with more practical shoes. At times she found it hard to maintain her balance yet she had managed to keep herself on her feet so far, much to her gratitude. Unfortunately she couldn't say the same for some of the others in the group. Some of them had began to whisper and talk to each other yet Cosima mostly stayed to herself. Mostly wrapped in her own thoughts as she walked as well as not being unsure on how to start a conversation with Alshain or if the fellow Senshi would even want to talk in return.

However, she never got a chance to decide on what to do when her attention snapped behind her towards Celestal and SAM, who were commenting on the unnatural silence of the swamp. It was a valid observation, one that she was grateful had been pointed out now before they had traveled too deeply into the unknown. Cosima glanced around the dense plant life, pricking up her ears for any sounds while SAM began to somehow scan the surrounding area. She could hear nothing except the annoying buzzing of the insects around them. Fortunately, SAM found something...although her discovery didn't make her feel that much better. Great. She thought. They were practically surrounded on all sides besides south where they had just came from. 

"There is no point in engaging with anything that is not on the same path towards the Chaos forces. We will let the compass tell us the way." Cosima stated, stopping to shake some of the mud off her foot before looking at Celestal expectantly. "Which way is it pointing?"

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yunbuns
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 RMQswKA[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 H4RJ9Np[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Sn1wjrp[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 8jCa1cO[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 A8E4GsN
The wolf-sister to Diana.  Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2016, 8:35 am

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_ob8kagonL61ur90xy_540
He felt silent for a moment and mechanically obeyed first to the order Cosima came up with, glancing behind with a slight worry. Was it wise to keep the warrior in the front and make them at the end of the line? The sisters were probably powerful enough on their own, but did they have weapons? Or did they fight with magic? Magic took a longer time to be wielded, or so he thought, anyway. Perhaps these two were different.

He finally realized Sailor Aegle coming in his direction, surprised by how agile she was through the mud. His own steps were heavy, though steady, but she seemed to almost dance through it. He blinked, then furled his wings behind him in a small show of annoyance that had nothing to do with his current travel companion. His wings stretched at total length could very well bump into the girls behind - or Aegle for that matter - and he didn't quite want that. Nor did he want to make them disappear just yet, in case of anything trying to get the better of them.

He kept his sword in his hand opposite Aegle, so there wouldn't be any risk of him hitting her with it by accident.

"Yes, Aegle, if I remember correctly?"

His lips only slightly curled at their corner, but it was still a smile.

"I..."

Amarachius Sworn was the least complicated for him. It put a distance between these people and himself, keeping him from bonding and caring too much for them.

"Gabriel."

He finally let out.

"You might have it easier with this one." He added with a wider smile and a mocking but friendly tone.

His attention was then taken by the people ahead of them, his grip tighter already. It seemed like an automatism. Possibility of encounters? Hands and sword ready to strike.

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 EternalKnightbumpers [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 EternalKnight [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 EternalKnightbumpers
Avatar by Sailor Mercury. Graphics by GC's members. GK's mentor.
The Mistah EK to Starry Quinn~ Addelyn husbando. Small Lady Myubando. <3 The Uranus to GK's Neptune
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_nsfbvy4wBq1tzr4xa_540
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2016, 9:30 am

Compass wrote:

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 FKbeNG The compass continued to point in that direction, solidly. It did not waver.
She got him to smile. It was a little smile - like Elysande's usually were - but still it was a smile. Gabriel. Much easier to wrap her head around. And then the smile grew. She laughed lightly and genuinely at his slight prodding - he totally caught her. "Yeah, I'll use that one if you don't mind too much." She nodded her head in recognition, the quiet laughter fading, "And you can call me Crysdal if you like - the whole "Sailor Aegle" thing is new to me and it's - I don't know, still weird I guess? Do you know what I mean? Like suddenly my name is Rock or Field or --" she cut herself off, her hands pausing in their expressive movements, "It's just odd to have a name that represents your entire planet. I think the situation is heavy enough without adding a reminder of an entire world back home. I feel like if it's just me, I can still act the way I think I should act, rather than try to act for an entire population."

As she was speaking, her eyes directed at him but still glancing ahead of her so she didn't outright trip, she noticed Elysande giving her a look and realized she had just missed something. Gabriel, too, looked more tense, staring ahead. Was something up there? Her pulse quickened and she looked forward, staring into the back of Sam's armor. She continued to move with everyone else, her gaze glancing to the side opposite Gabriel - she felt safe on that side, but to her left? With the open swamp, with the creepy, dragging trees, and the lake-like-ponds and who knew what in the mud? ...

She could do this. Just had to focus on what she liked.

Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2016, 9:52 am

It seemed like they were going to keep moving forward, despite the possible danger. SAM sighed as her fantasy of going around every potential skirmish went down the drain. Why couldn't she just be a scientist that stayed at home like she always wanted to? Sometimes she hated her own luck. She just had to be assigned for the scout job as a child, didn't she? Just like her sister...

SAM mumbled about biological purposes and dirty, mud covered planets under her breath as she walked, though she was aware she was just rambling out of anxiety more than actual malice. Almost to her disgust, she was already unconsciously preparing for battle. Her senses sharpened, which seemed to magnify everyone's talking, and the gross sensation of slogging through the swamp. In reaction to her heightened state, her right hand glowed, and then reconfigured itself into her Star Cannon.

No matter how much she wished it were different, that she had a choice in who she was, at the end of the day she was mechanically and genetically altered to be bigger and stronger and more capable of fighting. There was no denying it. SAM was so conditioned that it wouldn't surprise her if she eventually began to crave adrenaline.

To her increasing annoyance, the compass pointed straight forward. There was no deterring it from taking them down this path. Couldn't they ask for a detour?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2016, 10:28 am

Ari smiled warmly at Hadley. Her name was different, so different than anything on her planet.

"Hadley..." she pronounced it slowly, getting used to it, "I like it. It's pretty."

As they continued to walk, others pointed out how quiet it was in the forest when Ari hadn't really noticed as she was always getting feelings from the trees and other plant life around so it seemed the swamp was filled with life to her.

But they were right, as they mentioned it, she realized she hadn't felt any sense of animals near by. That was strange indeed. The one everyone had started calling Sam had used something with her armored suit to scope out the area. Apparently there were creatures directly in front of their path. Ari wondered if she could gather any more info on what type of creatures they were. She prayed they were harmless animals but who knows on this planet...

As Ari was about to consider conversing with the nearest tree, she heard the blue skinned girl start up with another song in an attempt to converse with Hex-tal. She turned and walked backwards for a bit to talk to the pair.

"Your music...is that one of the ways you communicate on your planet? They give me a strange feeling...is it some kind of magic?"

Unfortunately as she was walking backwards, this meant she was not paying to the road ahead and she stepped into a particular deep patch of water, which sent her falling into it completely. The water was up to her waist. Ari just froze completely stunned at what just happened. She tried very hard to keep the tears in as she felt herself over come in embarrassment and the thought of being so deep into waters unknown. However this was the tipping point and she could not help it as silent tears fell out her eyes, streaking the mud that she had slathered on her face.

Bas had escaped out from under her hair to avoid getting wet and just floated above her looking at her disappointingly.

Was it time to go home yet?

Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2016, 1:34 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 FmnqQmZ

It was a relief to know that there were some animals close by but the fact that there were several ahead of them didn't sit well with Celestal. Did it mean that whatever those creatures were, were their enemies? 

She blinked when Cosima asked her a question. Celestal looked down at the compass figuring out which way the needle pointed. "It's still pointing us in the same direction that we've been headed the entire time." 

By the sounds of it, they may be in for a fight. Question was, was what was ahead an agent of Chaos or something else entirely?
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2016, 1:39 pm

The tension was definitely something Xtal-Diamante could feel from everyone around her. The compass and their mission and a lot of other terms she hadn't yet identified as recognizable and known things were being bandied around by everyone.

And then the cat-eared one in front of her tripped and almost disappeared—no, she had lowered somehow, and was sunk into the unstable soft ground nearly to her waist. Her face was doing something strange; some of the mud was being removed with the presence of some other water. It reminded Sailor Xtal-Diamante of what the jelly-like one next to her had done before. Moisture from their eyes. Somehow she got the feeling that her own eyes would not do this.

She crouched down slightly and extended a hand towards poor Sailor Bastet, offering assistance to get out of the unexpectedly-deep puddle.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th August 2016, 1:54 pm

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Q4typJ6

Hadley kept to herself as the group continued forward. The talk of there being animals of some sort up ahead actually made her feel a little better. It would have been a lot scarier if there had been no wildlife at all.

Though a part of her couldn't help but to wonder if that relief was misplaced. It wasn't as if they had been sent to this planet for a vacation after all.

Frowning, Hadley continued walking forward - though it was slow-going at times. The deep pools of mud and water made it hard to maneuver through and she knew she was lucky that she hadn't fallen on her face yet. It took all of her concentration just to keep upright and her feet free.

Beside her, Ari began to talk to the pair behind them, and Hadley found herself listening in. She had been curious about Aldrin's music - perhaps the two of them could sing together sometime. The idea both left her feeling a little embarrassed, but excited at the same time. She had never sung a song with anyone but her grandmother before.

Her thought were torn away from reminiscing as she saw, from the corner of her eye, Ari fall right oover and into a deep collection of water.

Before she could react, the most silent of the group - Xtal? That was the right word, but what was the second part... Diamond? - held out her hand to help the fallen girl. Hadley noticed the wetness near Ari's eyes and wanted to try and save her from any other kind of misfortune. So Hadley turned her attention to the second of the pair positioned behind them. The girl with the blue skin and the talent for singing.

Hadley didn't know what to say to try and distract Aldrin from the situation with Ari and Xtal, so she just said the first thing that came to mind. "I like your voice," Hadley said. "Singing isn't very popular on my planet, so it's nice to hear it coming so freely from you."

[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Y97whxc6[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yc3hqps4[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Y9a8m54p[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Ycc3u8tl[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yaarnsvz[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yal54fl7[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Yda5mpfp
[HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 Nvoq4bz
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event]Conscription   [HC Event]Conscription - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[HC Event]Conscription

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Silver Millennium :: RPG Forums :: Hall of Fame-