The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 383
Join date : 2014-04-05
Location : Moon Kingdom Duhh


PostSubject: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   10th November 2016, 4:33 pm



Buy Ford's Fusion Dream, Sailor Moon Says! 

___________________________

Bumbers made by Neo Queen Serenity, Avi and Siggy by Sailor Mercury
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   10th November 2016, 4:38 pm

Lol I saw this in my news feed.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime
Moderator

avatar

Moderator

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆
Posts : 11842
Join date : 2014-11-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow...


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   10th November 2016, 6:20 pm

I'm crying with laughter, Ford what the heck?

___________________________


 GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
RutleJake
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 735
Join date : 2016-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Rome, GA


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   10th November 2016, 6:52 pm

What on earth?
Thought Usagi would be a Toyota/Lexus person....Oh, well!

___________________________

"Now I'll get you, Burnett Stone! Yes!"
"No you won't, Boomer! Because the magic you refuse to believe in, will get the better of you!"
Back to top Go down
http://jacobchu.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS0LJZN3ouyvCZFAG_FxwEw
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!
Posts : 8265
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 29
Location : San Antonio, Texas


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   13th November 2016, 5:57 pm

Lmao! Who created this?

___________________________

 

 Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 3840
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 25
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   13th November 2016, 9:58 pm

This honestly made me so mad when I saw this. This is an actual ad Ford posted on their Facebook page. Like... no. No thank you. No. XD


___________________________

  
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime
Moderator

avatar

Moderator

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆
Posts : 11842
Join date : 2014-11-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow...


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   13th November 2016, 10:48 pm

^Lol Jupi. How did it make you mad, if you don't mind me asking? Was it that they were using Sailor Moon a marketing tactic? I'll admit, I'm not too keen on that idea, but the clip was just so funny and out there that I gave 'em a pass. Razz

Starting to wonder if they have a moonie on their marketing campaign, considering that this was rather spot-on for an advert. I wish we knew more about the group that decided to greenlight the vid.

___________________________


 GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 3840
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 25
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   14th November 2016, 7:31 am

@Cosmos-Hime wrote:
^Lol Jupi. How did it make you mad, if you don't mind me asking? Was it that they were using Sailor Moon a marketing tactic? I'll admit, I'm not too keen on that idea, but the clip was just so funny and out there that I gave 'em a pass. Razz

Starting to wonder if they have a moonie on their marketing campaign, considering that this was rather spot-on for an advert. I wish we knew more about the group that decided to greenlight the vid.

I just felt like it was super out of touch. It seemed like something some marketing giant thought up. "Just slap Sailor Moon on it! It'll go viral! We'll sell a bunch of cars and tires!" Like what on earth does SM have to do with Ford trucks. Like at least use Haruka and it might make sense, but then it wouldn't go as viral would it.... Don't do that to my moon princess! XD

___________________________

  
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!
Posts : 5764
Join date : 2015-06-29
Age : 34
Location : Littleton, Colorado


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   14th November 2016, 8:57 am

@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
@Cosmos-Hime wrote:
^Lol Jupi. How did it make you mad, if you don't mind me asking? Was it that they were using Sailor Moon a marketing tactic? I'll admit, I'm not too keen on that idea, but the clip was just so funny and out there that I gave 'em a pass. Razz

Starting to wonder if they have a moonie on their marketing campaign, considering that this was rather spot-on for an advert. I wish we knew more about the group that decided to greenlight the vid.

I just felt like it was super out of touch. It seemed like something some marketing giant thought up. "Just slap Sailor Moon on it! It'll go viral! We'll sell a bunch of cars and tires!" Like what on earth does SM have to do with Ford trucks. Like at least use Haruka and it might make sense, but then it wouldn't go as viral would it.... Don't do that to my moon princess! XD
its kinda funny but i agree with Jupiter. they should have used Haruka but yeah.

___________________________



Avatar thanks go to Serenyve. Signature thanks go to Zoey, Sailor Saturn and Mysteryloveandjustice and Serenyve and Diana  YAY! YAY! Adoptable's thanks to NQS!!!) Adopted Brother CrystalBunny!
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.
Posts : 3052
Join date : 2014-02-26
Age : 24
Location : Who knows.


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   14th November 2016, 9:07 am

They're not just doing Sailor Moon though? These ads seem to be specifically marketed towards people who grew up in the 90s because there is also a DBZ, Captain Planet, and Metal Gear Solid ad too.

___________________________

The wolf-sister to Diana.  Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!
Posts : 8265
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 29
Location : San Antonio, Texas


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   14th November 2016, 9:24 am

Of course, from a storyline perspective, Haruka makes sense. But, Usagi is far more recognizable than Haruka. If you wanted to reach out to someone via nostalgia, then it would be more effective to do so using the main character, especially when the main character has a recognizable hair stye.

Because, if you think about it, they want to reach out to a broader audience than hardcore Sailor Moon fans. They also want to reach out to the people that may only vaguely recognize her and the people that used to like the show, but haven't seen it in years.

___________________________

 

 Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 3840
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 25
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   14th November 2016, 12:05 pm

Luna wrote:
Of course, from a storyline perspective, Haruka makes sense. But, Usagi is far more recognizable than Haruka. If you wanted to reach out to someone via nostalgia, then it would be more effective to do so using the main character, especially when the main character has a recognizable hair stye.

Because, if you think about it, they want to reach out to a broader audience than hardcore Sailor Moon fans. They also want to reach out to the people that may only vaguely recognize her and the people that used to like the show, but haven't seen it in years.

Definitely. My whole issue is, why do I want to see Sailor Moon advertising Ford trucks? I don't. XD I feel that there are products and brands more applicable to being paired with Sailor Moon. It's just weird and jarring imo. It's like if she were advertising a brand of tuna or something, my reaction was just, "What? No... This is misplaced advertising."

___________________________

  
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!
Posts : 8265
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 29
Location : San Antonio, Texas


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   14th November 2016, 12:23 pm

Lmao, that I understand. It definitely appealed to my nostalgia, but it wouldn't be the first anime or manga I associate with cars.

___________________________

 

 Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down
Solipsi Rai
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter - primadonna's husband
Posts : 1808
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 38
Location : Palm Springs area Cal USA


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   15th November 2016, 5:27 pm

The commercial was very good...she fantasizes a car like she does with Tuxedo Mask or Mamoru. The constellations Sagittarius and Libra (with Scorpio in between) are found in the northern summer evening sky. I wish Usagi can "sail" across the night sky in her new Ford Fusion (LOL).

___________________________

    SAILOR JUPITER is my fave Senshi!     

If there is will, there is a way, there is want to make the world a better place.

The triumph of intelligence over ignorance - The Phil Hendrie radio comedy show
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 383
Join date : 2014-04-05
Location : Moon Kingdom Duhh


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   2nd December 2016, 7:25 pm



They made a second one.

___________________________

Bumbers made by Neo Queen Serenity, Avi and Siggy by Sailor Mercury
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!
Posts : 5764
Join date : 2015-06-29
Age : 34
Location : Littleton, Colorado


PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   2nd December 2016, 7:30 pm

omg that is all

___________________________



Avatar thanks go to Serenyve. Signature thanks go to Zoey, Sailor Saturn and Mysteryloveandjustice and Serenyve and Diana  YAY! YAY! Adoptable's thanks to NQS!!!) Adopted Brother CrystalBunny!
Back to top Go down
KuroKari
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : It is a Cold-Hearted and Merciless Caesar who will take you out to Crown Fruit Parlor!
Posts : 29
Join date : 2014-06-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream   28th December 2016, 11:55 am

Yeah, Ford has been running a commercial campaign using overdubs of anime that got popular over here in the '90s. There are a couple using Dragon Ball Z as well.

___________________________

Back to top Go down
 

Sailor Moon's Ford Fusion Dream

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: General Sailor Moon Discussion-