The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   8th February 2018, 12:04 pm

@Diagnosed wrote:
@Brit-chan wrote:
How do you earn these?  Well by reading the manga of course.
...you mean reading it with the club right? Just wanna be clear XD.

Good point! i should make that more clear. XD

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   9th February 2018, 4:06 pm

Okay, so here's my take on book 9. It's pretty long, so bare with me. 

Spoiler:

GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
magic713
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   9th February 2018, 5:00 pm

***Hey everyone. The poll for the Sailor Moon Manga Club Vol. 9 Live Chat is up.   ***

Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   14th February 2018, 9:40 pm

I...can't remember if I'm a member of the manga reading club or not, but I'm here now! I'm sorry! I feel so dumb |||OTL I'll post my thought on vol. 9 later, but first, onto this month's theme!

I know I probably sound like a broken record, but my #1 OTP is Helios/Chibi-Usa. There are far more established/developed ships in Sailor Moon, but for me this pairing has seized my imagination and never let go. Part of it is because I first started reading the Sailor Moon manga at the Dream arc, and I had no idea what was going on at the time with Helios and Chibi-Usa, but I just found them very sweet and endearing, and that feeling has endured for decades after I first saw them on paper. The other part, I think, is that while Mamo and Usagi are the main couple, we know they'll get a happily ever after, so for me there isn't much suspense story telling wise. For Chibs and Helios this isn't true. They're both young (well, they appear young at least) and their relationship is just beginning to burgeon, and their future, together or apart, is unknown. As someone who likes to imagine stories beyond the canon this was perfect for me as there was just enough material to set up a whole new universe of stories.

As for preference of anime vs manga, I'd say I prefer their anime relationship development, because it took its time and really showed us how they got to know and trust one another before romance started to blossom. The manga on the other hand, feels a bit rushed, especially from Helios' perspective (in fact, I'd say his whole character is better developed in the anime compared to the manga). However, I like the lore of the manga better, but I'll save that discussion for later.

As for NOTPs, I feel like I've seen a lot of odd and cracky ships over the years, some done seriously, others, well...for the sake of crack or silliness. XD;; One of my old NOTPs was Helios/Endymion, and I think I was more shocked than anything else at the time, but the idea of that doesn't bother me much now. I feel like as long as a ship is carefully thought out and not dialed up to 11 for the sake of dialing it up or PWP, then I can probably go along with it.

Signature by NQS
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Diagnosed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   15th February 2018, 11:25 am

@mangaka-chan wrote:
One of my old NOTPs was Helios/Endymion, and I think I was more shocked than anything else at the time...

Oh wow... Yeah that's a little shocking XD. I mean, somehow I feel like that would be a lot more awkward than even Mamo x one of the Shitennou lol. (And this is coming from a yaoi fan over here, btw... Though I don't ship for the sake of shipping like I once did with other fandoms ^^;;.)

But sure... Give me a convincing plot and psychological development and maybe... lol. I think that's the thing with NOTPs (or near-NOTPs): it's like a final test of writing mastery to actually make it work. Maybe a good guild challenge idea there hehe. Though I feel like they would mostly have to be above PG-13 just because things would have to be a little twisted to twist fate that much >.>.

"As they say, 'It's no use crying over spilt caviar!'"
Avatar: CrystalBunny; Bumpers: Brit-chan; Cherry Blossom: Starchild

Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
magic713
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   21st February 2018, 9:00 am

**OK, poll is closed. It has been decided that the Sailor Moon Manga Vol. 9 Live Chat will be taking place on Friday February 23rd at 9PM EST. See you there**

Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   21st February 2018, 6:55 pm

@Cosmos-Hime wrote:
Okay, so here's my take on book 9. It's pretty long, so bare with me. 

Spoiler:

Ooh ooooh ooh. I hope we can all bring up some of these points when we chat! The curse was always interesting to me plus getting more character development of the girls is a huge win-win. I haven't finished reading bad meeee but I think you are right about this arc. Though, I find there's a bit a decline in the Stars arc but I don't know if that's the fault of Naoko truly and more on how much she was rushed to finish it up. :/

@mangaka-chan wrote:
I...can't remember if I'm a member of the manga reading club or not, but I'm here now! I'm sorry! I feel so dumb |||OTL I'll post my thought on vol. 9 later, but first, onto this month's theme!

I know I probably sound like a broken record, but my #1 OTP is Helios/Chibi-Usa. There are far more established/developed ships in Sailor Moon, but for me this pairing has seized my imagination and never let go. Part of it is because I first started reading the Sailor Moon manga at the Dream arc, and I had no idea what was going on at the time with Helios and Chibi-Usa, but I just found them very sweet and endearing, and that feeling has endured for decades after I first saw them on paper. The other part, I think, is that while Mamo and Usagi are the main couple, we know they'll get a happily ever after, so for me there isn't much suspense story telling wise. For Chibs and Helios this isn't true. They're both young (well, they appear young at least) and their relationship is just beginning to burgeon, and their future, together or apart, is unknown. As someone who likes to imagine stories beyond the canon this was perfect for me as there was just enough material to set up a whole new universe of stories.

As for preference of anime vs manga, I'd say I prefer their anime relationship development, because it took its time and really showed us how they got to know and trust one another before romance started to blossom. The manga on the other hand, feels a bit rushed, especially from Helios' perspective (in fact, I'd say his whole character is better developed in the anime compared to the manga). However, I like the lore of the manga better, but I'll save that discussion for later.

As for NOTPs, I feel like I've seen a lot of odd and cracky ships over the years, some done seriously, others, well...for the sake of crack or silliness. XD;; One of my old NOTPs was Helios/Endymion, and I think I was more shocked than anything else at the time, but the idea of that doesn't bother me much now. I feel like as long as a ship is carefully thought out and not dialed up to 11 for the sake of dialing it up or PWP, then I can probably go along with it.

OH HAI MANGAKA! I'm adding you to our roster now. ^____^ OTP bestiessss! XD I like your reasoning behind why you like them though! It's not really something that crossed my mind maybe because in my mind I'm settled on them getting together but it is true that we know that Usa and Mamo have their guaranteed happily ever after, unlike many other pairings in the series.

I'm on board with the anime version of seeing their relationship grow, even though I do have some preferences for the over all plot and story of the manga. Chibiusa and Helios's scenes in the anime are some of my most favorite and beloved scenes of the entire series. The dreamscapes and flight scenes were always so romantic to me, not to mention the ending song (and thus other arrangements of it in BGMs) of Watashitachi ni Naritakute. It's been a favorite song of mine ever since I heard it years ago. /goes down memory lane

Anyway... ^^;;; I've never heard of anyone pairing Helios and Endymion. o_o Have you ever read any fics on it that were PWP that were decent? XD

@magic713 wrote:
**OK, poll is closed. It has been decided that the Sailor Moon Manga Vol. 9 Live Chat will be taking place on Friday February 23rd at 9PM EST. See you there**

Looking forward to it! If you still aren't in our Discord group, make sure to PM me before the live chat!!

Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   21st February 2018, 8:41 pm

@Brit-chan wrote:
Mangaka-chanI...can't remember if I'm a member of the manga reading club or not, but I'm here now! I'm sorry! I feel so dumb |||OTL I'll post my thought on vol. 9 later, but first, onto this month's theme!
Quote :

OH HAI MANGAKA! I'm adding you to our roster now. ^____^  OTP bestiessss! XD I like your reasoning behind why you like them though! It's not really something that crossed my mind maybe because in my mind I'm settled on them getting together but it is true that we know that Usa and Mamo have their guaranteed happily ever after, unlike many other pairings in the series.  

I'm on board with the anime version of seeing their relationship grow, even though I do have some preferences for the over all plot and story of the manga. Chibiusa and Helios's scenes in the anime are some of my most favorite and beloved scenes of the entire series. The dreamscapes and flight scenes were always so romantic to me, not to mention the ending song (and thus other arrangements of it in BGMs) of Watashitachi ni Naritakute. It's been a favorite song of mine ever since I heard it years ago. /goes down memory lane

Anyway... ^^;;;  I've never heard of anyone pairing Helios and Endymion. o_o Have you ever read any fics on it that were PWP that were decent? XD

@magic713 wrote:

Looking forward to it! If you still aren't in our Discord group, make sure to PM me before the live chat!!

We can fangirl over Helios/Chibs together! Open-ended stories are my favorite kind of stories, as far as fanfic writing is concerned, and this pairing is one of the first things that made me aware of how much I enjoy writing.

I can probably write a second dissertation on my thoughts and head-canons for this ship, but I agree with pretty much everything you said! If there is one thing I would nit-pick with the 90's anime is that I wish they'd have shown some of the romantic scenes between Chibi-Usa and Pegasus as her and his human form instead. Apparently some of the scenes between her and Pegasus gave people the wrong impression i.e. cough*bestiality, which, for me as a teenager, I totally didn't pick up on, but others evidently did. When I first came across those sentiments online I was legitimately confused, but looking back on it now I can kinda see why some scenes might squirk some people out a bit.

As for those Helios/Endymion fanfics...IMO, yes, but that also depends on one's definition of "decent". XD;; All the ones I've come across were rated M, and I don't think it's possible to write this ship without some heavy AU and/or the character themselves are OOC to differing degrees. Though to be perfectly honest, I tended to skim most of those fics and rarely read them all the way through because the set up flummox me so much, so I can't give a fair recommendation.

Thanks for adding me to the club! I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the chat but I'll try once I get added to the Discord manga club. Very Happy

Signature by NQS
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   22nd February 2018, 11:01 am

@mangaka-chan wrote:
I can probably write a second dissertation on my thoughts and head-canons for this ship, but I agree with pretty much everything you said! If there is one thing I would nit-pick with the 90's anime is that I wish they'd have shown some of the romantic scenes between Chibi-Usa and Pegasus as her and his human form instead.

I wish the Helios reveal had been a bit earlier in the season for that reason alone. xD I love in the end where they say good bye and she is so shy around him. It's really cute!

@mangaka-chan wrote:
Apparently some of the scenes between her and Pegasus gave people the wrong impression i.e. cough*bestiality, which, for me as a teenager, I totally didn't pick up on, but others evidently did. When I first came across those sentiments online I was legitimately confused, but looking back on it now I can kinda see why some scenes might squirk some people out a bit.

As for those Helios/Endymion fanfics...IMO, yes, but that also depends on one's definition of "decent". XD;; All the ones I've come across were rated M, and I don't think it's possible to write this ship without some heavy AU and/or the character themselves are OOC to differing degrees. Though to be perfectly honest, I tended to skim most of those fics and rarely read them all the way through because the set up flummox me so much, so I can't give a fair recommendation.

Thanks for adding me to the club! I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the chat but I'll try once I get added to the Discord manga club. Very Happy

I was always confused why people thought it was odd too since I was the same way! I didn't really take it that way. Most likely because:

A.) I knew it was fiction
B.) He's not REALLY an actual horse
C.) This is a pure romance. Their love is exactly as the words in the ending song: "baby love". It's sweet, cute and 100% innocent. In fact the only time where it might've gotten a little uncomfortable was in the anime where Chibiusa starts undressing in front of him, not really thinking much about it (cause hey he's a magical pegasus that shows up in my dreams). She probably just saw it just like how you have no problems getting naked and taking a bath with your sister when you are that young. Ya know? (plus i found that scene more humorous than uncomfortable)
D.) THEY ARE THE BEST COUPLE. FANS NEED TO GTFO IF THEY GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT. XD XD XD

ANd that's ok on the fanfiction. I was just curious if you may have come across any. xD I don't think I'll actively seek any out cause honestly it seems too AU to be a ship I'd enjoy. I have a tendency to enjoy canon only ships or if its not canon yet but is suggested it might be oooor in some cases like Rei and Minako cause of their interactions in PGSM mostly. >.>

Also you've been added to the group so you should see it next time you jump on discord!

Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]   23rd February 2018, 5:00 pm

**Attention: Chat begins in one hour. See you there! **

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Manga Reading Club [Reading Volume 9]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Sailor Moon Manga-