The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mitsukara
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Heir to the Dork Kingdom

PostSubject: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   8th January 2018, 9:03 am

(I hope I'm posting here correctly; I read the rules but I wasn't sure how the tags are supposed to work and I also wasn't sure if 100% digital drawings are considered drawings or mixed media. I would be happy to edit my post if there's something I did wrong, and I apologize in advance if there is.)

Welcome to my Dork Kingdom! Here are some drawings I've been working on entirely in PaintDotNet with the line tool. I've been trying to very closely recreate the '90s anime look for an illustrated fanfiction/fancomic project I'm making, with the working title "Serenity & Vitriol". I've been working on it for most of a year and had ideas for it churning in my brain ever since I got into the anime in 2011, and I've been slowly practicing toward that end, but I am hopeful about releasing it sometime in the next year (we'll see, no promises).

I don't want to start releasing chapters or pages publicly until I'm confident the story is done. For now, here are some drawings from the preliminary stages of this project:

My current model sheet of Naru's face (her expression is blank because it's for model purposes):

Crystal Tokyo:

Jadeite:

Nephrite (not entirely happy with his face and hair here, and I'm going to change the epaulets on the second version later to more of a tasseled style):

Kunzite and Zoisite (haven't done them in color yet, sorry):

(That's a pink rose Zoisite is wearing. These would be the lighter colored uniform versions to go with the Jadeite and Nephrite above, which is also why I went for a more 'innocent' look for Zoisite, though I'm not sure if I succeeded.)

And of course, Sailor Moon (I think I may tweak the design a bit more on this one):

Not sure about naming this "new" form, but you can probably see what I did there design-wise.

These next two provide a bit more of a hint about what the story involves...

Naru?:

(Idea inspired by John Biles and Shadowjack on the RPGNet Forums, from the "In Which I Watch Sailor Moon" threads. But I've put a bit of my own spin on the idea, too.)

Umino?!:

"Serenity & Vitriol" takes place in the anime's continuity, set partially in 31st-century Crystal Tokyo (about 100 yers after the time Chibi-Usa was from), and partially in the Golden Kingdom on Earth shortly before the fall of Silver Millennium on the Moon. The story revolves around the Dark Kingdom, but ties into many other events.

The 'main' cast includes Naru, Usagi, Umino, Mamoru, Jadeite, Nephrite, Zoisite, Kunzite, Minako, Ami, Makoto, Rei, Luna, and Artemis. The secondary cast includes (but is not limited to) Beryl, Thetis, Professor Tomoe, Hotaru, Haruka, Michiru, Setsuna, the DD Girls, Chbi-Usa, and many more characters also appear.

If you're curious about the story, I'd be happy to answer some questions , and I talked a little bit about the concept behind that picture Naru in my introductions thread. To repeat the partial spoiler explanation I posted there:
Spoiler:

I might be interested in beta-readers for "Serenity & Vitriol" down the road if anyone would like to see a prerelease draft closer to time (to be handled via PMs, e-mail, or some other format), but not just yet- I'd like to get the ending done before I show anyone and ask for feedback. And I'm not going to post the story publicly until it's completed. But if you're interested, let me know and I'll make sure to let you know when I'm ready (whenever that may be).
Thanks for looking! 

Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury. I ran away from Chaos..it can't keep up with my speed

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   8th January 2018, 12:31 pm

everything looks awesome

Avatar thanks go to Moonlight Dreaming. YAY! Signature thanks go to Zoey, Sailor Saturn and Mysteryloveandjustice and Diana YAY! (Halloween avatar thanks to CrystalBunny YAY! Adoptable's thanks go to NQS!!!) Adopted Brother/BFF CrystalBunny!
Back to top Go down
Jess-chan
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Offical Team Rocket member

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   8th January 2018, 2:30 pm

Wow, they look great!!

Avatar and siggys by various friends
Back to top Go down
http://angelicsakura.tumblr.com/ http://hoshisama.deviantart.com
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly Medeus

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   8th January 2018, 7:52 pm

They look great, I like these a lot!
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Regular Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   8th January 2018, 11:46 pm

I still love these. xD I'd love to see you manga.

An upcoming Sailor Moon/Melody's Escape crossover - Usagi's Escape
the Power of Music the Power of Rhythm the Power of Volume the Power of Technique the Power of the Soloist
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Sailor Arkas
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Guardian of Uncontrollable Curiosity

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   9th January 2018, 6:20 pm

All of these look amazing!

Thanks for the avatar goes to Eidolune, and the signature is from Sailor Neptune's Festibration set. 
Back to top Go down
usagi-serenity
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Kousagi (^▽^)

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   9th January 2018, 7:21 pm

These are all so cool! Nice work!

Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/usagiserenityy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCftqXuev8dA6musY83puyJQ
Mitsukara
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Heir to the Dork Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   10th January 2018, 1:54 am

Thank you, everyone! ^^ I really appreciate it, and I'm feeling very encouraged now. I've been steadily working on character model stuff for the hypothetical comic version to see if I can do the set up to put together a comic version of my story semi-quickly. Hopefully I will have more to post here later!

Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Regular Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   10th January 2018, 11:26 pm

Consider talking with mangaka-chan, having written her own manga she has a lot of experience with that sort of thing. ^_^

An upcoming Sailor Moon/Melody's Escape crossover - Usagi's Escape
the Power of Music the Power of Rhythm the Power of Volume the Power of Technique the Power of the Soloist
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Diagnosed

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   5th February 2018, 9:08 pm

Wow you did model sheets and everything! I never mentioned how much I freaking love your avatar btw XD. You really seem to know your way around facial expressions!

"As they say, 'It's no use crying over spilt caviar!'"
Avatar: CrystalBunny; Bumpers: Brit-chan; Cherry Blossom: Starchild

Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart   5th February 2018, 9:44 pm

How on earth did I miss this? Your work is incredible! 

GC's Official Sailor Cosmos
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/

Mitsukara's Sailor Moon '90s-anime-styled fanart

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: Creativity Corner :: Artists-