The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 [HC Event] Nightmare

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Driving the world's heaviest snow ski
Posts : 1128
Join date : 2013-09-09
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   25th January 2018, 2:56 pm

How curious. Shadow had been ready to depart from the dreamscape once Somnus was prepared, but Xtal-Diamante demonstrated a further level of readiness by entering the portal ahead of himself. The man followed suit, soon arriving in a vast emptiness that suffered from a distinct lack of interesting things aside of the presence of Somnus further above their position. A quick glance behind him revealed that the portal was joined to a gentle cloud that contained Valdis's dream garden, but it did not remain in place for long once everyone had passed through the purple gate.

Compared to the senshi who had their own wings to call upon, Shadow was an anomaly who would ordinarily be subject to the laws of gravity. Despite that difference, he seemed to be able to maneuver around with no apparent difficulty by drawing upon his own internal willpower. Meanwhile, Somnus had not immediately greeted them, instead looking preoccupied with the search for some distant thing. Putting a hand to his eyes, Shadow peered out to the farthest perceptible edges of the void.

"Something's over.. there." The wingless fighter raised his right hand, index finger extending out to direct attention towards a twinkling dot in the barren expanse.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 8978
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 30
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   26th January 2018, 12:19 am



Hemera followed Somnus into the portal exiting the dream and entered the nothingness beyond it. She instinctively summoned her wings, though a part of her knew she probably didn't need it judging from what Roshar had managed to do earlier.

She looked around, waiting for the next direction, which Somnus seemed to be looking for. The man she did not know pointed out something in the distance. Hemera squinted at it, not quite sure what she was looking at, and so waited for Somnus to tell them what it was and if they should go towards it or not.

___________________________

  
Avatar & signature by Diana
 ♥️ ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus

avatar

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 21671
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 30
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   26th January 2018, 6:41 am

Sailor Roshar

The void that Roshar entered was more akin to what she had expected the cognitive realm that Koru had told her about, nothingness as far as the eye could see. For a brief second, she expected to fall but quickly corrected herself, remembering Somnus's words from earlier. Thus she believed that she could walk on air, though Somnus and others began summoning their Sailor Wings, with the exception of Shadow. Koru usually was there to help her summon her wings. Now being away from the garden dreamscape, she decided to try calling for him again.

"Koru?" Again, no response. No swift appearance of light and sparking electricity swirling around her as usual.  She sighed, "I'm sorry ok?"

Still nothing. Her lips formed a thin line. Had he been unable to follow?  No, that didn't make sense. He must still be off doing whatever he wanted, or pouting, though that normally wasn't like him. Shadow pointed out something in the distance and the distraction from her thoughts of Koru was welcome as she shoved the thoughts aside for later, looking towards where he pointed.

She could barely make out what he was pointing at.

"Is that a star?" she inquired, as it was glimmering much like the ones in the night sky. Or maybe it was another dream cloud like the one they had just left. How did Somnus know which way to go anyway?

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'
Posts : 1244
Join date : 2013-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   26th January 2018, 10:44 am

Alshain had to admit she was a little excited at the possibilities of being in a dream realm.  However Aegle's refusal and subsequent glare, it wasn't really a glare but sort of felt like one, pulled her back down.  She was willing to wait and test out her ideas when the opportunities presented themselves.
 
Looked they were ready to move on now at least.  Alshain cautiously moved through the portal, keeping an on her strings as she moved to join the space that Somnus occupied.  She meditated on the area around them, wondering why she was taken with this idea of a dreamscape.  Maybe it was the idea of an area that could potentially erase consequences.  Maybe because until the chaos war, dreams had been her one escape.  Either way she felt that they should really understand their environment this time, since not doing so had led to disastrous results so many times before.  She may have wanted to move forward as much as anyone else, but that doesn't mean she wasn't going to stop thinking or questioning. Besides she did have a problem with authority, understandable given the circumstances.

It seemed some of the others could see something hidden to her.  Looks like they had a direction at least.  Why couldn't they just snap a finger be there?

___________________________

Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

avatar

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir
Posts : 2410
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 27
Location : Lost somewhere in Europe


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   26th January 2018, 11:11 am



Finally, they were ready to move on. They were racing against time, after all - they could use the practice to get used to this bizarre realm, but no one knew what was happening outside while they were in here... Could they even wake up at will if things turn for the worse?

Nyx followed suit as the others made their way through the summoned portal - how much could the strings stretch anyway? She felt a slight pull at that moment -- no, the strings can extend endlessly far, she thought to herself. Holding on to that thought, she moved forward.

It did not feel like such a new sight after all their travelling through space, the endless dark ahead. It was just so much more barren. No tiny stars, no space debris, just nothing. Except... She squinted her eyes -- was something over there? Was it important? Their male companion drew the party's attention to it. Perhaps Somnus knew something about it?

___________________________

   
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Posts : 4528
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 28
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   26th January 2018, 2:01 pm



Summoning her bumblebee-like wings always gave Hadley a small thrill of nervousness. Flying was never her strong suit, but she pushed those normal fears away.

This is a dream, so there's nothing to fear. Not really.

At least, that's what she tried to convince herself of, at least.

She followed closely behind the others, though she couldn't keep herself from giving one last longing look back towards that secret little garden. Just a dream, she reminded herself. But it felt kind of real and only made her realize just how home-sick she truly was.

It was difficult to watch it scatter away into nothingness.

But now that they were outside of it, there was no time for such distracting thoughts. It was time to focus completely on why they were all gathered here in the first place.

The vast emptiness surrounding the group was disconcerting to say the least. Hadley was almost glad when the towering man pointed out something to focus upon.

She couldn't quite make out what it was that he saw - in fact, she wasn't certain she saw anything but more nothingness - but she trusted him that there was indeed something there.

"Is that where we need to go?" she questioned. It seemed to her that this something must be better than the vast nothing around them, anyway.

___________________________


♥ Signature by Sailor Neptune ♥
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 12272
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 29
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   26th January 2018, 4:04 pm

Somnus 
Her squinting eyes redirected the moment Shadow suggested a direction, and she flew a few meters closer to inspect the object as the rest of the group joined her. With a gleeful smile, she replied, "It's not a star, it's a dream," she looked back at them, purple eyes shining despite the darkness as they focused on Valdis, nodding, "and it's a start. Hurry, and we'll get there in moments.

Without waiting, she rushed towards it, one single push from her feathered wings rocketing her forward at incredible speeds, shooting out to scoop the air to slow herself down as the point of light became a shining cloud. As she waited for the rest of the group, she scanned the surface of the cloud, "Look for strings leading away from it -"

DM wrote:

New to the fast speed of travel, WE'RE GOING TO ROLL TO SEE IF SOMEONE CAN'T BREAK IN TIME, YAAAAAAY!
Dexterity Check: 11!
 Shadow, used to moving at such high speeds, has no difficulty in controlling his momentum and stopping before touching the dream.

Did it hit?
 6! Hemera can't stop! She continues into the dream cloud!
 6! Alshain can't stop! She continues into the dream cloud!
 1! Aegle manages to stop in time!
 6! Roshar can't stop! She continues into the dream cloud!
 5! Nyx can't stop! She continues into the dream cloud!
 5! Valdis can't stop! She continues into the dream cloud!
 5! Xtal-Diamante can't stop! She continues into the dream cloud!

With everyone being tethered together, while Somnus, Shadow, and Aegle were able to stop themselves, they will be pulled into the dream via the magic by which the lines were made - to keep them from getting separated!
Foom! 

One by one the cloud was disturbed as no less than six of their number just rocketed into it. Somnus rolled her eyes as she awaited the inevitable, holding out her hand and sighing an exasperated "Hypnos's Cave," before she was pulled along into the new dreamworld. 

DM - Dreamworld wrote:
The senshi would plummet to the ground --
Roll! wrote:

Did it hit?
 5!
 1
 5!
 2
 5!
 3


 Hemera, Roshar and Valdis land in a jumble on top each other! The others manage to land separately, if a little messily due to their unexpected high-speed landing! 

and find themselves in the middle of a spooky, creepy cemetery which, by the looks of it, was not only ancient but most definitely cursed and recently vacated by the dead, if the rough holes in the soil by jagged headstones was any judge. They can pick themselves up but before they truly get their bearings, they're forcefully joined by the rest of their team, who were unceremoniously pulled out of the sky to land
Roll! wrote:

Did it hit?
  3

 2
(Somnus) 1
safely - well, at least not on top of anyone. 

The mist has already rolled in; weird barking sounds erupt from the creepy bushes surrounding the holey grounds (a-hyuck) and a breeze rustles low hanging tree branches.

___________________________


Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's

Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 12272
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 29
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   26th January 2018, 4:15 pm


Crysdal kept quiet but close to the group, relieved to not immediately enter another dream and glad that Shadow had caught sight of the 'start' they needed. Seeing how Somnus just flew forward, Aegle followed suit, keeping a close eye on the guide and coming to a stop quickly, just as she had done, before a new fluffy cloud. It looked like Hadley's dream had, but the interior was --

Inara and Elysande disappeared inside of it, tufts of cloud fluffing off in their wake, followed by Roshar, then Amaya, then Hadley, then Hex - they weren't supposed to do that, were?? She shot a worried glance at Somnus only to hear her curse scant moments before she was pulled in after the rest of them. The pull wasn't jarring as Elysande's pull had been, but rather more like an insistent urging, like a magnetic pull that had her falling through the cloud and rushing towards the ground of a creepy site. She landed and rushed towards Elysande and the others, looking them over to see if they were hurt and keeping prepared to run if the call was made, months of training for inopportune landings making the actions second nature now. 

Are you hurt~?:
 

___________________________


Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's

Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 4926
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   26th January 2018, 5:47 pm



She stood after a moment or two to get her bearings, brushing debris from the velveteen fabric of her uniform and shaking some of it from her cloud-like mass of hair. Sailor Xtal-Diamante's clear eyes surveyed this new dream that the group had entered so abruptly, noting the stark contrast between this and the idyllic garden from Sailor Valdis. The mist. These holes in the ground. The strange noises. None of these things frightened the stony-skinned teenager, but they might have done so had she had more emotional capacity and a better sense of context.

She took a step forward, towards one of the holes, focused only on a single thought: if this was filled in, it would be more even territory. Xtal-Diamante stopped herself, turning to watch the soft people recover. This was not her home. These were not her duties. They did not resonate with her core in that dry, familiar way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 8978
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 30
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   27th January 2018, 12:41 am



The speed with which she flew into the dream was surprising even to her, and before she knew it she had zoomed into the fluffy clouds and continued hurtling toward the ground. "Ow," she muttered, not exactly out of pain, but more from the impact. She landed in a tangle of limbs with two other senshi that she soon recognized as Valdis and Roshar. Crawling from beneath them, she tried to smooth out her hair as she got her bearings.

And froze when she saw the creepy surroundings. They'd landed on a cemetery?! A cemetery that looked cursed?! Strange noises and a creepy mist surrounded her, and she instinctively reached out toward the nearest senshi, which happened to be Valdis, and held her close.

"This... is scary," she muttered, her voice trembling in fear. Who would even dream about something like this?!

___________________________

  
Avatar & signature by Diana
 ♥️ ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Posts : 4528
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 28
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   27th January 2018, 3:43 am



She only realized that she was meant to stop after she was already plummeting down into the new dream. She landed roughly amongst golds and oranges and, for a moment, Hadley felt confused by the vibrant colors.

Then she recognized the limbs and brightness to be Hemera and the other golden-clad senshi who had wanted to knock Crysdal out cold. She immediately felt at fault, seeing as her flying was terrible in the best of conditions. She hoped they weren't hurt at all.

Hadley managed a quick "Sorry!" as she began to untangle herself from the other two. She found her footing, surprised to find that she only felt the slightest of aches, but froze as she took in the surroundings.

Goosebumps prickled at her skin and suddenly the smallest of sounds held with it an edge of creepiness she was not accustomed to. Was that sound made by her fellow senshi, she could only wonder, or something else?

Startled at first as warm arms held her close, it only took a second to realize that it was Hemera. Hadley relaxed into the other girl, thankful for the comfort, and hoped she gave some kind of comfort in return. She could only agree with Hemera's assessment. "What is this place?" Everything looked dead... and disturbed.

She shivered then, but not from cold.

___________________________


♥ Signature by Sailor Neptune ♥
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

avatar

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir
Posts : 2410
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 27
Location : Lost somewhere in Europe


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   27th January 2018, 9:53 am



So that sparkling dot was another dream? Was it what they were looking for? Well, it was not like they could see anything else in this void, so it was a start, like Somnus said.

It did not take long to make it there. In fact, it took less than she expected, and she did not quite calculate right the moment she should start slowing down, and she went straight into those dream cloud things before she knew it. Thankfully, she managed to control her momentum before she crash-landed.

The same could not be said for her sister. Graceful as ever. She glanced at her, trying to hide the smug look from her face -- actually, their pile looked pretty much like she imagined it would be after someone would mess up with the strings. Hopefully this didn't happen because she thought it?

Either way, she looked around. Not particularly unexpected, but this did not seem to be quite as peaceful as before...

___________________________

   
Back to top Go down
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Driving the world's heaviest snow ski
Posts : 1128
Join date : 2013-09-09
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   27th January 2018, 11:27 am

Things played out a bit more quickly than intended.

Somnus had sped towards the glimmering mote that Shadow identified, and the group of senshi followed suit. All of the dream warriors reached an incredible speed, judging by the way that the drifting lump of dream fluff had quickly grown in size. The man in black quickly adjusted his forward velocity, coming to a relatively safe stop outside of the newly discovered dreamscape.

From here, they could survey the newly discovered cloud and identify its links to the force that had trapped the sailor guardians in a comatose state. Purple strings came into Shadow's line of sight, but he had not yet begun his search. They were also coming from behind him, rather than in front.. and were moving awfully fast.

Oh, no.

One by one, nearly all of the senshi accompanying him barreled into the dreamworld. Only Somnus and Aegle had stopped themselves ahead of the dream's border, but the strange purple links now served to draw the three of them into the cloud. The descent was a rapid one, but Shadow's reflexes were thankfully up to the task of ensuring a relatively safe landing. He dropped down near a foreboding headstone and a conspicuously empty hole, knocking up a small cloud of dirt.

The site location was far removed from Valdis's own dream, offering an unsettling array of visual and audial stimuli. Creaking branches, patches of rolling fog, and indiscernable noises.. a bothersome mix that might have tested his resolve a long time ago. Deciding against a close examination of the grave markers, Shadow gingerly crept around the disturbed plot and towards the senshi who were gathering themselves off the profaned ground.

"Is everyone alright?" the man in black called out with composed concern, briefly looking amongst the girls who had fallen into the dreamscape before setting his attention back to the defiled cemetery. Shadow had taken it upon his shoulders to act as their vanguard and watch for threats; if it were not for Aegle dutifully expressing her own interest in the guardians' wellbeing, he would have spent more time checking their respective conditions.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus

avatar

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 21671
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 30
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   27th January 2018, 4:21 pm

Sailor Roshar

Once they got started flying, everything happened so quickly even Roshar wasn't prepared to stop as the speeding group of senshi flew into the dream cloud. They hit the ground hard, but thankfully not hard enough to seriously hurt anything. She found herself jumbled up with Hemera and Valdis, the two quickly untangling themselves, leaving her alone on the ground.

Roshar, having landed face down, managed to respond to Valdis's quick apology and Shadow's question with a thumbs up.

"No worries, kid. You're pretty light anyway," she grumbled as she rolled over to her back then sitting up, "Storms. That was a rough landing."

She started to laugh a little, the whole thing had been quite thrilling actually, but her laughter stopped short as the others grew quiet. As she stood, dusting off her uniform, she realized why. They were in a cemetery with a perfectly creepy fog creeping in. Although it looked different than what she was used to seeing on Roshar, she could recognize it enough and the holes that existed where dead men should be resting.

"Almighty above, the graves look like they've been disturbed," she flinched a little at the strange barking sounds, "Who's dream world could this be?"

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 12272
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 29
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   28th January 2018, 7:18 am

Somnus

Somnus landed easily and on her feet, practically floating to the ground under the guidance of her experience. She looked around with a mix of curious caution as they figured things out behind her. When the glance back showed the three were untangled, if not standing, she started calculating where the next portal could be placed, and started to draw upon her powers. "One of the senshi groups," she responded calmly, "There are..." she squinted as she extended her senses, "four dreamers - " she winced, "three dreamers remaining." A muffled scream drifted to them on the winds.

"Give me a moment and I'll have the portal opened and we can get back out."

___________________________


Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's

Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 12272
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 29
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   28th January 2018, 7:28 am


Everyone was okay. The moment that was ascertained, Crysdal relaxed a little but continually glancing to Elys instead to give her the go-ahead that they were clear and otherwise watching the brush to the east, as she had been trained to do, prepared to shout a warning if necessary as she carefully followed the conversation, her heart skipping a beat as Somnus winced and corrected her count. The shrill scream on the breeze gave her direction and her wings reappeared near instantaneously, ready to go to their aide --

Only to have a splash of cold water thrown in her face. 

"We can't just leave them!" she argued, stepping forward carefully between one of the odd holes in the ground and the inscribed carved rock to face Somnus, "They're trapped in here and probably terrified," the scream had said as much. "Shouldn't we find them and tell them that it's a dream?!"

___________________________


Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's

Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Posts : 4528
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 28
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   29th January 2018, 3:11 am



It wasn't until Crysdal's outburst that it dawned upon Hadley what Somnus had just said. She shivered again as a scream echoed around them. She hated the idea of the senshis caught up in this dream having just potentially dwindled down to merely three.

Instinctively, she agreed with Crysdal. Of course they should go help. They couldn't just leave other senshi to fare against this nightmarish place alone.

But at the same time, selfishness flared up, catching hold of her in a choking grasp. Ari, she couldn't help but to think. What about Ari? After all, they had come here to specifically save Ari and the others from their terrible coma-like state. Who knew how much time they'd have to find and succeed in that. Could they risk distractions?

No. These other senshi weren't just distractions. She felt guilty even thinking that for a single second. They were people, with others who would worry about them just as much as Hadley was worrying about Ari. It would be cruel to not at least attempt to help them.

Her heart didn't agree so much, as it cried out to help the one person she truly wanted to save, but Hadley tried to ignore it. She believed Ari wouldn't want to leave anyone behind, either. That helped a little bit, at least.

"We came here to help everyone," Hadley said. It almost felt as though she were saying it to herself more than the others. As she spoke, her conviction grew stronger and she clung to her initial instincts. For now, she would push aside her need to get to Ari as fast as possible and hope that there would be time in the end to save all of the people trapped in their own dreams.

"We can't just turn a blind eye."

___________________________


♥ Signature by Sailor Neptune ♥
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 4926
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   29th January 2018, 5:28 am



Everyone got their bearings and Sailor Somnus glided down to assess the situation. Sailor Xtal-Diamante quietly observed the group as they disentangled themselves and commented on these new surroundings, noting that no one appeared to be in immediate need of attention, at least based on the lack of discussion related to significant injury. That was good, at least.

Somnus' announcement that a group of dreamers remained, with a count that decreased even as she spoke it, served only to remind Xtal-Diamante of the immediacy of their duty. Although Valdis and Aegle spoke up for those trapped in the dream, the rocky soldier was more interested in having their guide re-open the portal so the group could continue on their way. Those who remained would be in need of assistance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Jasper
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Driving the world's heaviest snow ski
Posts : 1128
Join date : 2013-09-09
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   29th January 2018, 6:31 am

The distant shriek had not gone unnoticed by Shadow, nor the subsequent protestations. The tall, dark companion to the senshi kept his mouth closed while Crysdal and Hadley weighed in with their respective opinions, which could easily be interpreted as offering assistance to the four three dreambound guardians trapped with this ghoulish nightmare.

"I agree that going forward blindly isn't wise."

Shadow wiped a sleeve over his forehead, quietly juggling the emotional pressures that such a moral dilemma would bring to any individual. With respect to his friend Roshar and her like-minded, wavy haired friend, he'd keep his explanation short and consistent. He adopted the tone of a devil's advocate, taking care to shape his speaking voice towards a neutral standpoint while making the occasional, habitual gesture to indicate whether something would count as 'good' or bad.'

"We only know their number and that they are under attack. If we stay to help, we may alert our enemy to our presence and intentions. That's not a good thing, but neither is leaving them on their own. I'd like to help them, but I will stay with the group no matter what we choose."
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

avatar

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir
Posts : 2410
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 27
Location : Lost somewhere in Europe


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   29th January 2018, 1:18 pm



They did not make it where their friends were, but some of the comatose girls were still here then, right? Four -- three?? What happened that lowered the count?

"Tell them it's a dream and then what?" she thought out loud in response to Aegle, turning to address the group. "All things considered, I'm not so sure that they should take it as lightly as a dream either way..."

"But I agree we have to try to help them. Figure out how to help them - it's a start. If we are not able to do something here, then it's no use spending more time travelling through dreams. We might as well see what we can do first, or otherwise go back and report what we've found out."

They could go back at will, right?

___________________________

   
Back to top Go down
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'
Posts : 1244
Join date : 2013-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   29th January 2018, 1:38 pm

Excellent, this is a way to move...

But maybe not stop, though stopping had been a plan at some point, it didn't take affect until the small but sturdy senshi had rolled across the ground back into a standing position.  Immediately taking in their surroundings, she felt the empty graves were kind of a good thing.  Whatever was in them had already left which meant they might not have as many hands popping out of the ground to worry for, and they could expect and be prepared for it.  

After the scream that had traveled to them, everyone was immediately into discussing whether they should go help or not.  

But Alshain was curious about what Somnus had said earlier. Look for strings coming from the dream cloud.  

Turning to face the dream senshi, she spoke clearly, "The strings you mentioned looking for before our crash landing, what was their purpose to be?"

___________________________

Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 12272
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 29
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   29th January 2018, 5:00 pm

Aegle

Relief washed through her to hear she and her friends felt the same way. At Nyx's prompting, she thought and quickly answered, "We tell them it's a dream and try to get them to wake up," she replied, the thought gaining momentum as she spoke. She turned to Somnus for clarification, "That was what you were originally trying to do anyway, right? But it wouldn't let you in to try. We're in now - we can help them face whatever is out there and and get them to wake themselves up!"


Somnus
She let the power drain, not wanting to waste the effort of they decided to try helping the other dreamers. "... we were going to follow the strings to their source and defeat whatever is reinforcing the dream state to save everyone," she replied to Alshain, "but if you guys want to try in here, I'll help you. Might as well be diplomatic about it, as the string won't let us split up," she shrugged, "But Shadow is right, just so we are clear. Attempting to save these senshi may put our entire mission at risk. A sneak attack only works as a sneak attack if they don't know we're coming, and if we interfere here it'll be announcing our presence clear as day."

"Whatever we're going to do, we should do it fast. If you want to stay and try to wake them up from within, raise your hand. If you think we should keep to the original plan and keep moving, stand by me. Think carefully before you decide - there's no remaking this decision."

___________________________


Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's

Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'
Posts : 1244
Join date : 2013-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   29th January 2018, 5:09 pm

"I think we should continue with the original mission, no one has successfully woken up, we don't even know if they can."

___________________________

Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus

avatar

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 21671
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 30
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   29th January 2018, 6:14 pm

Sailor Roshar

Roshar had wanted to immediately agree with Aegle, despite her questionable nature earlier, what she said felt right. Besides, standing here debating wasn't getting them anywhere. Saving these dreamers would be the right thing to do, saving everyone was the right thing to do but Roshar knew what sacrifices needed to be made in this war. Roshar knew the importance of the greater mission, the greater good. She had made that decision when she decided to leave Roshar, knowing full well Chao was inching its way into her home world.


Storms, what a decision to make. Aegle and Valdis had been so passionate, she wanted to agree with them so much. But if they were to fail here and be unable to save everyone...Wasn't that a risk they were already taking as it is? Roshar unknowingly had clenched her knuckles tight.

"Does it matter either way if we save these Senshi or continue? The enemy could already know of our presence. We could fail now or later. The risk is the same, if you ask me. I say we help them."

Sailor Roshar raised her hand.

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 4926
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   30th January 2018, 5:30 am



Oh. More of the exchanged vibrations. Sailor Xtal-Diamante paused. She let their discussion filter through the air around her, resonating intermittently in her crystal core. Once again, there was this need for discourse. She mourned the momentum that had just been lost, although given her blank facial expression no one from the assembled group would have even realized anything had happened. Her arms and legs still longed for activity—if she had muscles the like of which her companions had, they would have ached with a desire for use. Xtal-Diamante hoped this new conversation would not take long.

Per Sailor Somnus's instructions, she did not raise her hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Posts : 4528
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 28
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   30th January 2018, 9:29 am



Her conviction faltered when asked to make the choice again. What Somnus and Shadow had said made sense - their potential sneak attack would be ruined if they announced their presence here.

Ultimately, it would hinder their chances to complete their mission. It would hinder the chance to save Ari.

Hadley frowned, conflicted against herself as guilt pulled at her. Alshain had a point as well. Was it even possible for these senshi to wake up this way? She wanted to help those other senshi in whatever way possible. It felt terrible to turn away and ignore their need for help.

But if they completed their original mission, wouldn't that, in effect, help them too? It would help everyone if they were successful.

She wasn't being entirely honest, she knew. If she were being truthful, the others didn't weigh much upon her right now. She only thought of Ari. As selfish and wrong as it may be, she couldn't stop herself.

Hadley looked from Somnus to Crysdal, torn. The memory of that earlier scream echoed within her mind, making the decision even more difficult. Was it worth it to make their presence known to a formidable enemy when their mission aimed to save everyone? Wasn't the main mission more important?

But those poor senshi...

Feeling like a traitor, Hadley walked over to stand near Somnus. "If we can get to the root of the problem, we save everyone. We shouldn't risk the success of that mission."

We shouldn't risk the success of saving Ari.

She kept her eyes to the ground, unwilling to look at anyone.

___________________________


♥ Signature by Sailor Neptune ♥
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

avatar

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir
Posts : 2410
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 27
Location : Lost somewhere in Europe


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   30th January 2018, 12:58 pm



"If that's so..." If the way to save everyone was to go directly to the source of the problem, then that's what they should do.

Nyx moved next to Valdis and Somnus. "If we stay here, we're abandoning everyone else who is currently suffering the same fate. Of course, hearing that scream, our first instinct would be to go to their aid at once -- but we must not forget of the screams we don't hear..."

As bad as it felt, deep down it felt the right thing to do. Just because they didn't happen to see the other girls, it didn't mean that they were any better off than those here. And it's not as if they knew for sure that they could do something here...

But why does the right thing to do have to always suck?

___________________________

   
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 8978
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 30
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   31st January 2018, 12:34 am



So this was another nightmare, and one of them had just... what? Fallen into a coma like the others outside? Hemera felt the fear clutch at her a little tighter. But they were with the senshi of dreams here. She would know what to do, right? She could fix everything, right? That was the entire point she was here. Surely now everyone would be saved...

She was saying they should leave. Aegle was giving words to the shock that Hemera felt, but then the others argued that if they tried to help here, they might alert whoever was behind this that they were there. Which... made sense, she supposed, but were the senshi in this dream going to be okay? She couldn't imagine what kind of nightmare they must be facing. And they were supposed to just turn their backs on them and continue on, pretending like nothing happened? Like everything was alright, while these people suffered?

The only one who voted to stay was Roshar. Even her sister voted to go, but Hemera understood that. Nyx was always better with strategies and thinking with her head. Sometimes... no, she knew that didn't make her sister cold - despite her powers - she was just... logical? Whereas Hemera could not disregard her feelings and her heart that easily. She could not stand the idea of leaving these people to "die" or whatever when they were already here to help. And who was to say the person behind this didn't already know they were here? If they were so powerful they could control these many dreams, surely they would be aware of any intruders. 

"We are in one of those dreams now. How come you couldn't break in here before, but now you could?" she asked Somnus. "Is it possible that they're now allowing us in? Because if that's the case, they might already know we're here."

She raised her hand. "I vote to stay and help, but I will go with you all if you all vote to leave. I just can't vote against what feels right to me."

___________________________

  
Avatar & signature by Diana
 ♥️ ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 12272
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 29
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   31st January 2018, 9:23 am


A vote?

Crysdal stood her ground, keeping her hand down as the others thought, not wanting to sway one side or the other despite her choice being clear. That Elysande voted to move on was expected - she was always about the logical thing and the best results and it was something they butted heads on before and will probably continue to butt heads on in the future; she didn't look at her accusingly or in any other fashion that would suggest she held the decision against her. The choice was difficult. She understood the risk, but that didn't change how she felt. They could make it work. They could save everyone and spare these dreamers their fright and emotional suffering. There was a way, and they would find it. 

Roshar agreed. Crysdal was surprised - she hadn't expected that from Roshar, judging from what Elysande had said earlier about how the orange-and-yellow senshi had voted to knock her senseless rather than risk it. 

Hex made her vote without speaking, as was normal for Hex. 

Hadley... Crysdal didn't make eye contact. She understood. Ari was in danger, and if saving these dreamers meant potentially ruining their chances at saving everyone else, Ari was in the 'everyone else' group.

The screams they didn't hear. Crysdal's jaw clenched and she stared at the ground, unable to help the tears warming her eyes but fighting to keep them in place rather than falling. Inara made her case and stayed, but they had already lost. Five to four, and the four would only be if Shadow voted to stay. Her heart hurt. They had lost, and it wasn't right to make them feel worse about it, but Amaya's words just kept swimming around. "There will always be screams we don't hear," she said, pushing through the waiver in her voice, her hands forming fists at her sides as her volume steadily grew. "This whole war there have been screams we didn't hear and never heard. I know that this time is different. I know that there's a chance that we can save them all, but walking away from screams that we can hear," she took a breath to steady herself again, to keep the tears from falling and her voice from cracking, "I don't think that's what being a senshi is about."

The vote had been made, though, and the choice clear. They were leaving the cave on Destore again to fight the bigger problem. Part of her wanted to pull the same stunt, to do what she wanted to do last time and just toss the group decision and fly in anyway. She knew where the scream had come from. She believed she could convince them that they were sleeping and that they just had to wake up. But if they were tied, there was no other option. 

Still, she didn't want to move to join Somnus just yet. She'd wait until they were already moving and spare them.

DM wrote:
Somnus Counts:
Stay:  


Continue On: [Somnus], 

 

Somnus charges her powers again.

___________________________


Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's

Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'
Posts : 1244
Join date : 2013-08-21
Age : 23
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Nightmare   31st January 2018, 9:36 am

Alshain had to admit that she was a little surprised at how the group felt about the situation.  There were a lot of situations in which she was the in the minority in this way of thinking.  She was however, grateful that Aegle didn't appear to be mad at her specifically.  She knew they always disagreed in this area, among others, it was simply how they were raised differently, their cultures had prioritized different values.  

There was one other thought in her mind, this was a different reality, were they even sure of the scream and it's owner?

___________________________

Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
 

[HC Event] Nightmare

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Silver Millennium :: RPG Forums :: Crystal Tokyo-