The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 [HC Event] Star Catchers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9454
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 2:23 am



She caught the cloak and handed it to the boy hurriedly, relieved that they'd managed to do it without much fuss. And then she saw Cassandra stepping forward toward the two men and start talking - a distraction? She hadn't even instructed her to do so. Saphira was actually impressed by her initiative. Although she wasn't sure Cassandra was offering the right thing. She must not know of the boy's worth, why ransoming him was a very profitable thing, and why she herself would be - to put it harshly - quite worthless except for the services she could offer for their operation.

She glanced back at him, waiting anxiously for further instructions.

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 8:30 am

DM wrote:
Leon attempts to quietly pull bags from different places in the robbers's stash:
Did it work?
--5
He manages!
Ruffians wrote:
The two men, who had seemed about to turn back to the table, instead turned the other direction, Torvald twisting counterclockwise to give her a most dissatisfied look, and the squirrelly other man peeking around him with a brow quirked high. "To cash in? You?" He sounded extremely skeptical, "And just whom might you be?"

Reminded of their prize, he gets the urge to step to look past Torvald to check their loot.
DM wrote:
EXTENDING THAT ROLL BY A TURN TO GIVE A DISTRACTION A CHANCE CAUSE nooooooooooooo NOT THAT I ROLLED THE DICE OR ANYTHING AND DECIDED WAIT THEY'RE FAST THEY COULD DISTRACT o+o

As Saphira mimed directions, he quickly looked over the stash again, eyeing a few bags that might work for torso and drawn knees, but nothing yet to hold up the hood; rolling onto this knees he reached for the sacks and tried quietly to pull them to him, managing to do so by awkwardly lifting the bags over the rest of the myriad of objects and placing them beside him, his eyes constantly moving between his task and the back of the brute. By doing so, he caught Saphira's expert catch of the cloak and took it from her when offered, quickly moving aside from his original position and hurriedly placing the larger of the bags down and --

He froze in place as the thieves called back to the other girl, their attention directed towards his general sight-line rather than away. If they looked his way it'd be obvious what they were doing and they'd go back to the less-than-stellar option of fighting them to escape. They could run? 
Wouldn't make it with a wheelbarrow.

He quickly scooted in front of the bag and resumed his earlier position, throwing the hood back over his head and face and arranging his cloak as he remembered it had been before, sticking his hands behind him his back and resting on the uncomfortable bag rather than the wall, the empty blue cloak in a pile between him and the rest of their ill-gotten loot. "Keep them distracted" he said from the folds of the cloak, "once I'm gone, get out of here, but if you have to go before that, then go; you've done more than enough for me, Saphira."

Without his bonds he try to escape at any point; she'd saved him, regardless of whether they got away together or separately.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 3925
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 8:49 am



Shashka jogged up to the cart, her bag jangling against her back with every footfall on the compacted, dirt path. As they approached the vehicle she was almost startled by the friendly tone of the driver. Finally, someone who's not trying to kill, rob, cheat, or otherwise maim me. Her feet ached and her attention wavered. What was he saying about the bridge? "The bridge gave us trouble alright, but it wasn't out... What do you mean?" Did we take a wrong turn? If I'm about to find out we could have avoided all of this crap entirely, I might just start screaming.

___________________________

 

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 9:13 am

Cart-man wrote:
I'M NOT LAUGHING YOU'RE LAUGHING. IF HE STARTS TO SWEAR BECAUSE I GAVE HIM THIS NAME THIS ONE TIME I APOLOGIZE


The man looked at her questioningly, "The bridge was out - there was a sign, just back a ways; I figured it had been fixed by midday so I left the town to try to get to Forren before nightfall, but I made it all the way out and the sign was still up. No sense in traveling so far when I can't make it across with my goods. You didn't find another way, then?"

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 6100
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 9:20 am



She thought she was okay.

She thought she had buried it, tucked away under layers of coping mechanisms. Kitty had done so before so many times. If you concentrated hard enough to forget something hard, you could forget it. It just took time.

The tears slowly gathered in her eyes as though filling them from a hidden wellspring, moisture spilling over and down her cheeks once again. Did the bridge give them any bother? Had they had a hard time crossing? Yes. The answer to that question was "yes" in too many ways, and she couldn't hold it back. She thought of the tall, strong figure who hadn't "made it" over the bridge that was out, and although she didn't bawl like a child, she couldn't convincingly hide her stifled sobs.

She simply hadn't had enough time.

Kitty gritted her teeth and tried not to make a scene, guiltily looking away from the traveler and from Shashka. She just didn't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 3925
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 9:26 am



"Those BASTARDS! BASTARDS, BASTARDS, BASTARDS!!" Shashka stamped her foot angrily into the dirt with each shriek, growing louder and louder with every intonation. She had gone beyond pissed off and was now dangerously approaching the territory of set-someone-on-fire-because-to-hell-with-all-of-this. "We were ATTACKED by BASTARD BANDITS who made it LOOK LIKE THE BRIDGE WAS OUT SO THEY COULD TRY TO MURDER US AND STEAL OUR SH!T. I AM TIRED, HUNGRY, AND I JUST WANT TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS STUPID FRIGGIN' RIDICULOUS A$$HOLE COMPETITION OF CRAP." When she was done, she took a large gasp, having yelled in one enormous breath.

___________________________

 

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 9:35 am

Cartman wrote:
His expression softened as the Star Catcher started to cry and he quickly released his cart, moving over to the girl - confused as to the source of the tears, but experienced with what to do once they started. Without question, he softly moved in and surrounded the girl with a fatherly embrace, her resemblance to his own child still much younger than she smashing through any social barrier that might have been in place otherwise. "There there, girl," he said softly, "It'll be alright. You don't have to keep going," he said, jumping to the logical conclusion for the tears, "Your family loves you. They'll want you back. It's okay."

The other girl suddenly started to scream, and the fatherly embrace took on an edge of protection, letting Kitty decide whether she wanted to stay in his arms or not while still intending to protect the little girl from the sudden wrath of the other -- until he caught what she was saying after the shrieking insults. His dark brows narrowed with suspicion and fury as he waited for her to finish, finally catching sight of the pendant still around her neck and the standard blue-and-silver blades at her hips. She, too, was a star catcher - her cloak must have been in her pack. The idea that bandits had attacked them - and must have made a trap so none could come to their aide, angered him. He quietly repeated, "Bandits?" 

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 6100
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 9:42 am



It was embarrassing to be coddled by this stranger, out here on the road, but she let it happen. She didn't offer any explanations or protest, her focus entirely on regaining her composure—although, when she realized Shashka ranted beside her, Kitty at least didn't have to feel like she was alone in having lost hers. She didn't focus on what he was saying—a good idea, as it probably wouldn't have helped the girl. She knew why she was out here, and that made returning home not a ready option for the teenager.

Something in the man's body language changed, his arms taking on tension, almost like a shielding. She was glad that Shashka could (probably) answer his question. Even though Kitty tried to choke back the tears, she wasn't in a position to reply.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 3925
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 9:46 am



Her outburst completed, she looked towards the cart driver and noticed that he was embracing Kitty and that she was crying. Shashka felt instantly ashamed. She hadn't wanted to scare the girl she just... couldn't take it anymore. She quaked a little, her anger making her tremble, but tempered her voice to reply. "Yes. Bandits. It was... they were... bastards." It wasn't much in the way of an explanation, but it would do. She was not ready to discuss this, not here, on the side of a road, with a man they'd just met. A foreign jealousy welled up inside her. She wanted to shove this man, who was here so peacefully with his little cart and his little life. He was allowed to live, to go on with his day as usual. Everything had been so damn unfair. At the same time, she wished he would hug her, but knew that if he did, everything she was fighting to hold inside would burst at the seams, like a dam overfilled by rainwater. She bit her lip and focused on letting the pain distract her from her rattled nerves.

___________________________

 

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 9:57 am

Cartman wrote:
"What were they after? You're Star Catchers for Matron's sake! They'd've done better taking goods from folks like us rather than you lot - what do you even have in your packs? Food? Right basterds, that's true!" He looked down at the small blonde head and his face softened again. He'd make sure they were taken care of. Both sides of this. "Come on to town," he suggested, taking a step back to but his hands on Kitty's shoulders in support. He bent down a little to better meet her eyes as he honestly offered, "we'll get you cleaned up and fed and give you a place to sleep for the night. I know the tavernkeeper, she'll set you straight, no coins necessary. How's that sound?"

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 6100
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 10:08 am



It hurt even more to encounter someone so nice after having been through so much only hours earlier. This was not what she had in mind when she started this journey. Her mind had been on the "survival" hardships rather than anything man-made. She thought she'd spend some time trekking through rough woods and trying to stay nourished while she sought that precious object. She thought her hometown companions would stay by her side. Maybe they'd get to know each other a little bit better.

It was such a serene, sanitized vision compared to what they had already been through.

Having regained at least enough of her self to stop additional crying, Kitty smeared her face into the sleeve of her garment, trying to scrub away some of the tears. It was not particularly effective, but she felt better having tried. She still didn't trust herself to speak without dissolving again, so she looked up at the man with wide, sorrowful eyes and nodded her affirmation to the suggestion of a more secure rest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 11:11 am

Cartman wrote:
"Let's get back to town then. Would you like to ride on the cart?" he asked.


((you can choose either way XD))

They moved forward again, the cart man walking alongside the steed that pulled his wares along, back towards the town raising above the horizon in the distance

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9454
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 12:33 pm



Whatever Cassandra was trying to do, it seemed to have the opposite result of what they needed. The boy instructed her to distract them to give him more time to escape, but that she should leave if necessary. His use of her name made her heart swell; he remembered. She was definitely not going to leave him unless absolutely necessary.

Nodding, she moved forward towards Cassandra and the two men, stepping in the line of sight of the highwayman so that his view towards his catch was blocked.

"Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if this deal is such a good idea after all. You both can't even agree on something without having a lengthy discussion. Is it always going to be like this every time we plan a heist or whatever? Because if so, this seems like a waste of my time. Who are you to him, anyway? Are you guys brothers? Friends? Because he was treating you like a minion," she glanced at Torvald.

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 6100
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 12:49 pm



The cart looked tempting, but she rather liked walking—it helped her relax and set this crazy situation into some semblance of "normal". Kitty glanced over at Shashka, wondering if she'd chose to ride. The other girl had been through even more than she had, although she expressed this as anger rather than the flood of tears Kitty fought against. As she followed along, she hoped that what the man they now traveled with told them was true. A place to rest, regardless of their ability to repay, sounded marvelous... but she knew that without coins they would technically be breaking the rules. Would someone who didn't even know them really take that risk?

She hoped that they would. The dangled offer of a cozy place to sleep (she imagined a magical copy of her own bed from back home) would have been marvelous even without the suggestion of a meal. She didn't yet feel hungry, but she knew she would soon—and she knew they'd need strength if they were actually going to keep going forward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   11th June 2018, 2:51 pm

DM wrote:
Saphira attempts to stand so that she blocks Leon from view!
Does it work?
--2
--Just Lucky I Guess~ 3
----It works.

Ruffians wrote:
While her question was unmistakably for Torvald, the other man stepped in anyway, moving so he was in full view of Saphira and crossing his arms. "Torvald is every inch my equal, and it's in your best interest if you make no further contradictory accusations - especially as he just convinced me not to take you up on your offer, girl. You're free to go - chase the star and throw away your life or go back to your home and take up your own highway business, whatever you please, you just won't be with us. Now get going before I change his mind."

The lighting changed and he glanced up through his hood to see Saphira's blue cloak blocking the pair of robbers from view, giving him more time - time he didn't intend to waste. Moving slowly and carefully, unsure of how much of him they couldn't see, he moved the smaller pack into the triangle his legs made with the ground and slowly pulled the foreign cloak on top of him, covering everything but his head so he could keep an eye on the situation before he made the next, more conspicuous, move. As the higwayman spoke, he kept still, waiting to see what the pair of girls would do, ready to fall back into position and just wait it out.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9454
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 1:12 am



"Your loss," Saphira shrugged, "especially since I could have made you rich, even without the star." She turned, signaling to Cassandra to go and not to start any more trouble. However, before leaving herself, she hesitated, not sure if she'd given the boy enough time. Just to be safe, she decided to turn around one last time before she left.

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry you didn't get to get your wish. When I get mine, I'm going to be the most powerful person in Esoria, and I'm willing to fulfill yours if you promise to stop stealing from and murdering other future Star Catchers. Won't you tell me what the wish was?" Her eyes moved between the two men. "Both of yours. You've got nothing to lose by sharing it. After all you've abandoned them. And you don't have to fulfill your end of the bargain until after I get my wish."

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 7:45 am

Ruffians wrote:
The smaller shot the taller a look at Saphira's first remark; the bigger fellow made the smallest shrug in response. As she spoke again of the star and her wish, the talker rolled his eyes painfully obviously as he uncrossed his arms and put his palms to the sky as though asking for patience from the gods, "Oh get off it. It's been twelve years. We failed, we're over it, and you should get over yours while you've still got the chance. Most powerful person in Esoria?" he barked cruel laughter, "What are you going to do, murder the king? The only thing you'll get out of continuing this farcical "trial" is dead or forgotten or both."

She kept him talking. Carefully, as carefully as he could, Leon slid out from beneath the other cloak and squeezed himself into the space between the box beside it and the wall, cold soft earth coating his cloak as he then reached out to make adjustments - opening the cloak, surrounding the bags rather than laying it just overtop, draping it just right, all the while Saphira spoke. He paused at the mention of her intent - the most powerful person in Esoria? His brows knitted as he turned his attention to her, wondering what she had meant by that; what wish did she have in mind? What could she wish for to make her more powerful than the King or his court? But as the highwayman started to speak he snapped back to what he was doing, realizing he had no time to think about that if he wanted to take advantage of this chance to escape. He sat up a little straighter and quickly glanced over the pile from this angle in an attempt to find something round-ish to stand in for a head beneath the hood of his "dummy"; if not, anything generally head sized could work.
DM wrote:
Does he find anything "round-ish"?
--3
Nope

Does he find anything "generally head-sized"?
--4
Yes, but it's not exactly close.
It wasn't exactly round, but it'd have to do. Carefully he continued to turn, mostly hidden behind the stash, and crept closer to his things to get the item he had found to stand-in for his head; he paused near his stuff and quickly pushed the bag and his armaments along behind the other things to the very edge of the stash and the earthen overhang, then returned to creep forward to get the head, keeping careful note of the voices so he would not be caught off guard if the conversation suddenly ended and his time was up.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 8:04 am

Cartman wrote:
They reached the small town in the late-afternoon hours, the sun still up with maybe half an hour until sunset. It was obviously a market town, the bustle and hustle many more times what Kitty had ever seen in her village, but only slightly more energetic than a market-day in Deepwall. 

They followed the cart-man through the streets, past hawkers and friendly waves, to a tavern and inn made of sturdy wood. The man moved around back, paid someone to watch after his beast of burden and personally took care of securing his goods before they went back to the front of the building and entered.

The tavern was filled to the brim with people, all merchant traders ready for travel, by the looks and sounds of them. They followed the man to the bar, where he called over the owner, a tall woman with a spark of joy about her eyes. "Cartman!" she called familiarly, "Bridge still out, then? I hear they've secured carpenters for the job but they said it'd take at least --"

"The bridge was never out," he said in return, projecting his voice so it would carry. The tavern quieted near immediately as traders overheard and hit their partners to shush them so they could hear more. "I found these Star Catchers on the road; they said the bridge was never out, but was an ambush point for a bunch'a thievin' bastards what robbed 'em."

"Ambush?!"

"Thieves?!"

As the tavern immediately burst into conversation as to what would be done with the thieves, men and women already gathering their packs and their weapons and leaving coin on the tables, Cartman turned to the tavern owner and spoke quietly with her, "I promised these two some food and a nice place to stay; think you could help me with that, Tamara?"

She paused, the gravity of the request not lost on her. "For a coin?"

He shook his head, watching her carefully. She looked at them, the color draining from her face, and then back to Cartman, "You know--"

"What they could do to us - to you, yes. But I will pay for them. It will be on me."

She tilted her head to the side, looking back at the two, her eyes falling on Kitty. "She a relative?

"No, just a girl down on her luck."

She returned her gaze to Cartman, heaved a heavy sigh, and started wiping down the bar habitually. "That bleeding heart will get you killed one day, Cartman. They can stay. I'll bill you later."

He smiled, getting the insinuation. "Thanks. I'm going to join the search party." He turned back to the pair of Star Catchers, "Take care of yourselves, and stay as many days as you'd like. If you decide to go back, tell Tamara; she'll help arrange a ride back towards Everlast."

Note~:
 

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 6100
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 8:42 am



She managed not to burst into tears this time, but she could feel them lingering there, shining in her eyes. Kitty did her best to blink them back, modulating her breaths. He didn't even know them, yet he never asked if they were lying or acted with suspicion. The first strangers they met were terrible, and here was this man who acted their complete opposite, all within the same day. He believed them, even though he could wind up hurt. She wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen.

"Thank you," she whispered to the unknown Cartman, before he could leave on the search that others in the tavern now rallied around.

She'd have to thank the tavern-owner, as well.

Then she turned to look at Shashka, wondering if the other girl planned to eat something or just pass out. Kitty felt like she could be persuaded either way. Her weariness seemed more significant than her hunger, but she logically knew that a meal and more water would be a smart idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 3925
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 9:49 am



Before Shashka realized it, she had agreed to travel to town and they were on their way. The time blinked by, unmemorable, and she and Kitty were soon unceremoniously plunked into a bright and busy tavern. Shashka tuned out wearily as the driver chit-chatted with the proprietor, her ears perking up as he mentioned a ride back up the mountain (not away from it as she had been hoping) and a search party. "Search party? How did you know our friends were missing?" She felt instantly skeptical, as if the cart man and this bar woman really had been too nice all along.

___________________________

 

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 10:03 am

Cartman wrote:
Cartman smiled softly at the girl's thanks and shook his head, "No thanks necessary, girl," and paused at Shaska's words, turning to fully face her, "Your friends?"

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

avatar

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 3925
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 10:21 am



She knitted her brows. "You mentioned a search party. Our..." What should I call them? They aren't friends. "...travelling companions were taken by the two men. You're going to look for them?" She spoke the sentence as if it were both a question and a statement, her voice lilting down and then up, unsure of which scenario were true. She felt guilty for not having mentioned the capture earlier, but how could she have trusted this man? Sure, he looked nice, but she had been laughing and marching gaily down a nice looking path earlier today, too. Nice things weren't always nice. Now that they were actually in the tavern, however, he could, maybe, be trusted to help.

___________________________

 

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 10:39 am

The Tavern wrote:
"I had meant to find and bring the highwaymen back to face justice - " his voice raised suddenly, his motions faster as he went towards the door, "They have hostages; we should move, and quickly."

"Hostages?" 

Eyes fell on Shaska and Kitty, "Star Catchers?"

Murmurs broke out, quiet voices of dissonance, of lost confidence, several voices quietly asking their companions a variation of the same thing - 
"Can we help them?"
"Will we be punished for helping them?"
"If we didn't know before and it had been happenstance, we may have gotten away with it... but now that we know, we could be held accountable."
"We can't just let robbers get away!"
"I... my family depends on me, I can't..."
"How steep a fine do you think?"
"If it's saving their lives... jail time."
"My kids..."

Faces quickly turned from determined to worried to defeated...

"If you won't risk it for them," Cartman stated, his words deliberately solemn, "Then do not. Come to assist me with apprehending the bandits and leave the Star Catchers to their fate. I, for one, do not care to be tricked by any such despicable creatures again - I could have been well on my way to Caprossi by now; we all could have been closer towards our final destinations. They've cost us time and coin - nevermind the Star Catchers' plight! Come with me to see that they never bother this traderoute again!"

Quote :
Did it work?
--2
--Just Lucky I Guess~ 6

Confidence restored, the great majority left the tavern to hunt down the bandits that had foiled their travel plans.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9454
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 12:48 pm



"You know what, that's your problem. If you think murdering or taking things by force is the only way to power. I'm not going to tell you the details, but my methods are far more elegant yet effective than that. And I for sure won't be forgotten."

She shook her head at their cynicism. "And I could have gotten there so much easier with your help. Shame you won't share the glory now. You may think it's a farce, but ask all the people who have actually succeeded. I've got luck on my side, too, so I already have an edge over all the others."

Holding her hands up as if giving up, she made as if giving them one last chance to change their minds. "That's it, then? Are you both sure you want to walk away from this offer?" she made eye contact with the shorter guy, the one who had wanted to take it in the first place.

Hopefully, by now their captive had made it out of there.

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 1:11 pm

Ruffians wrote:
"No one ever thinks they'll be forgotten, girl, but you tell me - give me a name. A name of any of the ones who didn't make it. Of any of the Star Catchers who fought tooth and nail for months on end to find that star and grant their wish, only to end up empty handed, to crawl home to a family who had counted them for dead and moved on. Tell me their names, the seven from last year, the ten from the year before - any of the failures of the last ten years or any of the multitude of years before. How many of them can you name? I can name eight," he said snidely, "And of the two with Spirit affinity, only one lived!" he cut off, his voice bitter, the last words emotionally charged. 


He stiffened, straightening as he continued his tirade, "And stop being so naive. Even if I had agreed I would have never gone back out there. We would have used you here, near Shadeslake and the surrounding areas, until you either left to find the star out of frustration or the year had passed and you were no longer a candidate. You could have been rich and you could've kept your life, but we have been out west before and do not care to go back."


"I say this only once more, girl: Turn back now while you're still alive and whole. The bitterness of giving up on your dream now will be nothing compared to what you will face out there."

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :
Posts : 5062
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 1:37 pm



Her lackluster plan backfired just as soon as the words left her mouth. She didn't have an answer to the skeptical question poised at her.

She was from a nowhere town, from an unknown family. She was a nobody who only dreamed of being a somebody. There wasn't much at all she could offer them.

Not that she cared overmuch. The very idea of honestly joining these men set her skin to crawling and she had to work hard to keep that disgust from coloring her expression. If they didn't find her worthy, all the better.

Still, that mentality didn't help in keeping them distracted, as she was doing a poor job of it.

It was a great stroke of luck that Saphira reappeared then, her stance confident and her words smooth as butter. Cassandra decided to remain quiet then. Her attempts at being charismatic were abysmal at best, and Saphira seemed much better equipped. Now that she was seemingly done with whatever she was doing, Cassandra hoped they would finally leave this forsaken place.

But, even when the highwaymen prompted them to leave, Saphira stayed to talk. Did she truly hold aspirations of joining them? Cassandra couldn't help the unhappy twist of her mouth at that idea, but she held her tongue. Regardless of what Saphira chose in the end, Cassandra would take no part of it. She stayed in case Saphira would want to leave as well, upholding the promise she'd made earlier. But that would not extend to becoming a criminal with these monsters.

Despite the warning in the leader's words, Cassandra ignored him, deigning him unworthy of her attention anymore, even as she filed away everything he said. She placed a careful hand on Saphira's shoulder. "Let's go. We have better places to be. You don't need them, anyway."

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 1:39 pm


Saphira was confident, that much was sure. He quickly grabbed the head as the smaller one broke into a tirade, then rocked back to perch on his knees as he reached over from behind the stack and maneuvered the object into place beneath the empty cowl of the cloak. It looked pointed, and obviously so. Thinking quickly, he scanned for something soft to add to the top of the object to make his "head" a little more rounded.
DM wrote:
Did he find anything?
--4
He found some cloth - some sort of frilled shirt - and quickly folded it, reached into the hood, and maneuvered it into place, then pulled the cowl low. This close, it was painfully obvious that it wasn't a human, but hopefully, from father away... He pushed back, disappearing behind the boxes, and crawled his way to freedom, pausing at the very edge of the stash to don his bag and carefully, quietly grab his sword, shield, and quiver, and lean out to see the other side of the earthen mound to plan his escape route. He couldn't see much. He'd just have to chance it. 

Doubled over, he quickly moved from the stash of objects around the earthen overhang, back behind the tree and out of sight. 
DM wrote:
Was he seen?
--3
--Saphira's "Just Lucky I Guess~" 1
----4

The highwayman looked up for a moment, thinking something had caught his eye, but nothing was there. Girl was frustrating him into seeing things.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9454
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Indonesia


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 2:04 pm



She frowned, wondering if this other person with spirit affinity was someone close to him. Perhaps even someone who meant something to him.

"Okay, alright. You're not interested. But I'll definitely be the one saying 'I told you so' later. Come on, Cassandra. We are leaving."

She had no idea if the boy had made it out or not, but she was running out of excuses to stay without looking terribly suspicious. She turned away from the highwaymen, glanced at the place where they'd tied him up, and thought his shape looked odder than it was supposed to be. Hopefully that meant this wasn't him.

"Make it quick," she whispered to Cassandra, indicating the wheelbarrow, then began to move away from the camp, jogging a little. She looked around for him in the trees as she moved, but at the same time trying to put as much distance as possible as quick as she could manage between them and the highwaymen.

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :
Posts : 5062
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 2:25 pm



Relief swept over her when Saphira finally relented. She didn't know this girl beyond the few impressive observations, but Cassandra had hoped that Saphira wouldn't truly want to join in with these men.

The whisper from Saphira as the two turned away sent her pulse racing. Whatever Saphira had done, it was clear that the highwaymen would not be pleased.

It was an urgent command, and Cassandra wasn't going to go against it. She grasped the wheelbarrow handles and began to follow behind Saphira, keeping her steps light and quick. The wheelbarrow made things a little more awkward, but, just as she wouldn't leave Saphira behind, there was no way she'd leave Charles with the murderers who ended his life far too soon.

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13072
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   12th June 2018, 2:35 pm

Ruffians wrote:
"Sure, sure," the highwayman called back, waving his hand dismissively as he turned back to the table. 

"When thunder roars without clouds and dust is on the horizon," Torvald called, his deep voice cracking with disuse, "Run." Then he, too, turned away, heading towards the campfire.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
 

[HC Event] Star Catchers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Silver Millennium :: RPG Forums :: Free Form :: The Gates to the Multiverse-