The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
Latest topics
» ★ Stars of the Cauldron Awards 2019 - Voting ★
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby Kaolinite Today at 2:31 am

» Juuban Video Infinity Arc Takeover!
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby Diagnosed Yesterday at 10:03 pm

» What was the first video game you ever played?
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby Sakuranbo Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» 2019 Juuban Video Stream Schedule & Updates
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby Sportsnutd Yesterday at 2:12 pm

» [Multiverse][Relaxed] Dissidia Multiverse
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby Jasper 17th July 2019, 8:27 pm

» Fanfiction Title Ideas?
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby sailoraphrodite 17th July 2019, 6:03 pm

» [RTRP] Professor Tomoe's Tropical Getaway
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby Professor Tomoe 17th July 2019, 4:54 pm

» ~LPW #12 (It’s Bo Time!)
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby Lady Orion 17th July 2019, 3:22 pm

» What manga are you currently reading?
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby Cosmos-Hime 17th July 2019, 2:58 pm

» Your Harry Potter Birthday
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeby Diagnosed 17th July 2019, 1:33 pm

User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[HC Event] Star Catchers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime18th December 2018, 8:06 pm

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 GZ443gD

Kitty couldn't exactly "fall silent", considering that she really hadn't spoke much lately. She didn't really have much to say; she felt like all her mediating ability failed her as soon as she left the cozy confines of sleepy little Lorham. If Shashka and Saphira had been her siblings or even other townsmen, she would have felt more confident interjecting and moderating between the two. William and Cassandra both made valiant attempts at smoothing things over, but even their comments appeared to stoke the flames—just slightly less so than when either combatant addressed the other. Kitty felt like a coward for remaining quiet, for not trying to bring them to a more harmonious point, but she didn't trust herself to not inadvertently make it worse.

Shashka's bid for her, Kitty, of all people, to get important information from William, a prince guy with a mission that must be... something royal people can't buy... honestly she had no idea what that could ever be... didn't lessen her apprehensive feelings. Yet she understood enough to see this for what it was—a nomination she couldn't refuse. It would only muddy things. She didn't even think about William's "conditions".

At least Cassandra's gaze gave her a moment of relief. She knew that her fellow Lorhammie shared the sense of trying to balance all of this, for whatever it was worth. If things got too out of hand and she did have to actually interject or refuse or... whatever... there was comfort in Cassandra's presence. She knew she'd have her support.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime19th December 2018, 8:45 am

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 MtyLMkX

Conditions? Cassandra kept her face neutral as her mind began to race with the different possibilities. What kind of conditions would make this better for him?

She didn't really know, but she trusted him. Trusted that the team forming between them all would carry over into this conversation. Even if they all had their own ultimate goals, even if they all came from different backgrounds, they were still united in this goal. It was for the better of the group to share information. In a storybook, perhaps the information would be shared willingly to all of them, as they all could count on one another as both a team and as close-knit friends.

But this was not a story, and she knew that there were broken ties here that could never mend. Hesitations and reservations. There was urgency in this task, and secretive desires. She knew that, if worst came to worst, they would all become individuals once more, fighting against one another to reach the star before the others. Although she did not wish for that outcome, she wasn't blind to its possibility. She would cling and fight for their team to stay a team, for there was great strength in numbers.

But if Leon's conditions were too much, too heavy-handed and damning towards Kitty's efforts to get the star, there was no way she'd remain quiet, team or no team.

For now, she let the conversation unfold before her, keeping both Leon and Kitty in her vision as she waited to hear just what those conditions would be.

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Y97whxc6[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Yc3hqps4[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Y9a8m54p[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Ycc3u8tl[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Yaarnsvz[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Yal54fl7[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Yda5mpfp
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Nvoq4bz
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime19th December 2018, 10:42 am

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Js8uiIH

She cocked her head, watching the wheels spin in everyone's minds. So, he had accepted? Then Kitty had been the right choice after all... but, still... she wondered what the conditions would be. It wasn't really up to her to accept them - she assumed they had something to do with Kitty herself.

And then, of course, there was Saphira, lips flapping in argument as usual. She was becoming more annoying than a real threat, as Leon/William's agreement was a point in Shashka's favor, and, she felt, gave her more security within the group. Saphira was starting to remind the girl of a peacock - they were showy, honking, and had a vicious bite. She ignored her completely. "Let's hear it then."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime19th December 2018, 12:12 pm

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 William
No outright denials just yet or calls that his requirement of conditions was unjust, so there was that. "First, I need to know why each of you is after the star." He explained, "Obviously, things have become more complicated than even the original trial had intended them to be, and with people out there who would wish me dead and would not be beyond attempting to make a deal with one of you to get that to happen, a little assurance that one of you wouldn't turn me in and get the star would sit better with me, seeing as how the information I have is necessary to find it." Truthfully, knowing why they were out here to begin with wouldn't be that reassuring as far as whether they would just up and leave him if given the chance, but at least he'd get a little more insight to their character. If he believed one of their wishes could be granted by... if he believed they would believe one of their wishes could be granted by his pursuers, he could cite that as reason enough not to share the information. 

Keeping his gaze forward, he added, "I understand that the information was intended only to go to Kitty, but with prior friendships and team arrangements in mind, I hope you understand why the requirement would be for the three of you and not just her. Saphira's already shared with me her intent; and please believe me when I say that I will know if you're lying."

He glanced back as he walked, "If there are no objections, I'll need each of you to look me in the eye when you tell me why you are here." His gaze shifted to Saphira and then away, not exactly guiltily, but close enough. This, he believed, was necessary, and while it made his stomach lurch and he knew it would hurt, this was something he would do that to assure the truth was presented. His gaze shifting back to front, he waited for reactions, else someone to walk beside him acquiesce.

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 ThMyae[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 4jsq88
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 EryTeT
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 AE5IZ4
Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 UNUQgL
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Qq4GRc

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 WYxcDX[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 VfipPu[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 QcYyas[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 RCRME8[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 MwKWL7[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 WbL1DG[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 2tcOIq[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 JbCUuo[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 V4DbwT[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 YtpCB5[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Mmp9t9[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Dx2prT
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 MWQFX2
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime19th December 2018, 3:11 pm

Seriously? That was it? At this stage in the game it hardly even seemed like an important point. Heck, Kitty had asked before and she'd just told her. Sure, earlier on she'd wanted to be more secretive, lest her wish be somehow exploited, but things had changed a lot since then. She'd admit she didn't want Saphira to know, just for the pleasure of withholding from her anything at all. But, they needed a backup and if that was all he wanted, well, at least it was an easy trade.

"I want to help my family," she stated plainly, "I want to become a member of the Royal Guard. I want to train with them, become stronger, always have somewhere to live, food to eat, and money to send home. I don't expect you to vouch for me." She finished her statement looking defiant as always. She expected his jaw to drop at her reveal, but to her mind whether this prince were someone worth protecting remained to be seen. Disguising his identity hadn't been a point in his favor, and even in the face of death he was still being secretive. She didn't trust him. Whatever respect she had for his father, the King, he'd have to earn from Shashka himself.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime19th December 2018, 5:04 pm

There was a certain command and hint of threat in his voice, so similar to the voices she conjured up in her head whilst reading about a king in his court. She was suddenly reminded to the fact that Leon was royalty, a fact so easy to forget at times, somehow. He was not as regal as she'd always imagined princes to be, but perhaps that was due to their surroundings than anything else. In a way, she did not want to see him as such. After all, friendship budded between them all—or at least, that was what she hoped for—and such a disparity between their classes would burn that bud to cinders.

The conditions he asked were not what she'd expected, and Cassandra frowned at the idea of sharing her secrets. Out on the road, dealing with travel and assassins, it was easy to pretend, easy to conjure up a story of her own design.

She did not want to break that illusion.

That Shashka spoke up first, seemingly unconcerned by the sharing of secrets, surprised Cassandra. Yet again, she had not read the dark-haired girl at all. Would there ever be a day she was not constantly trying to figure Shashka out?

Her wish was beautiful, though, and Cassandra felt a smile pull at her lips at the grandness of it all, even as it seemed so out of character for an abrasive and argumentative person. It struck home just how little she knew of Shashka, but this admission made her wish to know more. What kind of things would Shashka have done throughout her life, dreaming of becoming a part of the Royal Guard? What kinds of training and studying had she done? When had that wish come to life?

It was soon her own turn to speak up, but she found herself hesitating.

At the end of the day, pure selfishness brought her here, and she was ashamed for it. How was she to explain that she didn't have any one true wish that drove her out here? That it was the adventure itself she wished for? That it had felt like a last desperate act, to break through the monotony that greyed her life at the one chance given to every person, even those who lived in Lorham.

Still... her eyes trailed over to Kitty, and her expression softened. There was something, here and now, that she wished for. Something good she could do. Her ultimate goal had changed over the days, throughout their travels. But saying that, too, would reveal too much. Her emotions were strong but delicate, and she did not know if she wanted to share so much in such a public way.

She would, though, if need be.

For now, she stayed silent, eyes still trained upon Kitty, as she waited for the quiet girl to make her decision to either accept or deny the conditions laid before them.

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Y97whxc6[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Yc3hqps4[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Y9a8m54p[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Ycc3u8tl[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Yaarnsvz[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Yal54fl7[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Yda5mpfp
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime20th December 2018, 8:34 am

It was only a bone-deep understanding of the need to keep at a constant pace that kept him from stopping. His eyes just... glazed over a bit. He had... he could not have been more clear about the need for eye contact, and yet, from meters behind him, Shashka offered up her response. She had heard him, which meant either she was willfully disobeying a direct request, wasn't taking him seriously, or knew she couldn't meet his eye when telling a lie and was attempting to hide it by feigning... ignorance? Maybe? His position had afforded him many things in life; it definitely had its share of downsides, struggles, difficulties and weighty duties and responsibilities, but one of the upsides of dealing with the rest was that when he spoke, people listened and did as he requested, and with his reputation it was with the understanding instructions wasn't for something flippant. He always tried to be respectful in that, to treat people as equals until the need arose for him to use his authority to greater ends, and with how rarely he interacted with people there had been very few situations where someone had so willfully ignored him, and so from the start of her explanation he was at a disadvantage. 

How should he respond to that? He was definitely shown what to do, but it had been so long ago and he had had to use it so infrequently... should he just ignore her statement entirely until she chose to make it as instructed? His etiquette instructor would always promptly repeat the instruction whenever a mistake or err in judgement was made and then give the cold shoulder if the action were repeated - he could do that? It would set the standard but lords it was annoying and frustrating and would be picking a fight in a very specific way he wasn't sure he wanted to set a standard for. Disobeying any militial orders would result in swift correction of a very different nature, often with additional punishment in a different manner in the form of changing or adding on extra duties, which didn't lend itself well here. And he wasn't about to start yelling. Or making demands. Or --

But she finished speaking, and while he had head the general gist about helping her family, he had honestly not been listening to the rest. He had instead been processing the insubordination and wondering what to do about it. ... which was another thing he wasn't used to, as he prided himself on paying attention, processing information and acting with it swiftly and correctly. 

... but at least it solved the first problem. She'd have to repeat it anyway. He quickly considered phrasing and replied with casual authority, "Could you catch up and say that again where I can see your face?"

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 ThMyae[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 4jsq88

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 WYxcDX[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 VfipPu[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 QcYyas[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 RCRME8[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 MwKWL7[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 WbL1DG[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 2tcOIq[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 JbCUuo[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 V4DbwT[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 YtpCB5[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Mmp9t9[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Dx2prT
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime20th December 2018, 11:07 am

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 GauQv2D

She caught William's gaze when he gave his instructions and understood that he was about to use his powers on them. Powers that he said he wouldn't use unless absolutely necessary. Part of her was grateful that he had never required the same of her, because she hadn't been entirely truthful with her original wish. Maybe someday, once this was all behind them, she'd tell him and they could laugh about it. But definitely not now. She didn't envy the others for this condition, but was also curious to know about their motivations and was glad she would be around not only to hear them, but also to know for sure the truthfulness behind their statements. This would give him a lot of advantage, not only in paying them back later after he took off with the star, but also throughout this journey. It made sense now; his "condition" was actually him getting the upper hand while not conceding much - and no one else even realized it. He was truly the son of a politician and Saphira admired how easily he had played the rest of them.

When Shashka spoke about her goal, however, she couldn't help but laugh. "Doing a really good job of guarding a royal so far," she muttered, more to herself than anyone else. And here lay the biggest irony of all. The girl who proclaimed herself wanting to be a Royal Guard ran away from a royal and was ready to hand him over to assassins. If the King heard about this, then she'd failed already in her quest. So hard.

Not that that was surprising at this point. In fact, it was what she'd come to expect from Shashka.

The fact that she hadn't been able to follow simple instructions was also par for the course. Saphira rolled her eyes and continued walking, excited to see how much William could tolerate her ignorance before he, too, would finally snap.

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 4ttFPcD[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 E2wqfIi [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Mercurysig [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Ft6DXry[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Wedding1
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 YgSg9XS [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 J9FkIOw [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 E92foQg [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 GGOnOmH [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 T6HQwOw [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 ZMIrfsf [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 4JvDpxl [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 EfXLP8m 
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 3DQXfaU
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime20th December 2018, 2:20 pm

"Uh, okay?" She was puzzled at his insistence on her facing him. She had thought it a figure of speech, as in 'be really, really truthful' not 'literally stare into my eyes' but what did she know about princes and the kind of crap they were into?

As she started to walk over, Saphira's comeback broke her stride. "I did what I needed to." She balled her fists, an uneasy admission welling up in her chest. "I'm not strong, okay? I can't hit people with an axe or punch them in the nose." Her words came out like a chain gun, obvious embarrassment-coated anger in her voice. "I'm fast and I'm quiet and I'm good at hiding, but I'm not strong," and I hate it, she wanted to say. I hate that I'm not strong enough to protect anybody, even myself. "I removed myself from harm's way. I made sure that I wasn't a liability." Not like last time. "You think what you want to, but I did the right thing."

Her hands were still clenched as she looked the prince dead in the eyes, her voice imbued with a deeper timber. "I want to help my family. I want to become a member of the Royal Guard. I want to train with them to become stronger and I don't expect you to vouch for me."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime20th December 2018, 3:06 pm

Saphira laughed and made a wry comment under her breath as Shashka agreed and, by the sounds of it, made her way forward. He might have heard something about "royal" in there and for a brief moment thought he had made the wrong choice in words and had just embarrassed himself, but then Shashka replied to it instead, and he realized the comment had been about her. He glanced back as she spoke, her hands balling in fists as she defended herself, making admissions of inadequacies that obviously pained her, even if her tone sounded mostly of anger. Not strong, but fast and quiet and stealthy, revealing her intention in leaving was not to become a liability, which he respected. Getting out of the way was different from running away. 

When she looked him in the eye intensely, he concentrated, hard, and did not break eye contact as he activated his talent. It hurt - it hurt much more than it ever had back home, but he knew why and didn't shy away from it. It would hurt, but it was important that he know the truth. He concentrated on her eyes and kept that goal in mind - the truth - and felt like he had a lock on it just as she spoke again. 

She didn't fumble or waver or look away, and so when she finished he nodded, accepting the validity of her words. "Understood." He broke eye contact, turning back around to make sure he didn't trip over anything, and added, "Thank you.

That she wanted to be a royal guard explained Saphira's laughter and comment - honestly, up until that admission of weakness he would have found the notion entirely laughable, too. There was no way he would have ever trusted her to keep Xander or Marie safe after everything she had shown up until that point, but considering the run-in with the bandits just over a week ago and her obvious discomfort at being unable to defend herself yet, let alone someone else, he felt like he should at least keep his mind open to the idea. Though the idea of him "vouch"ing for her hit him curiously - if he died before getting the star, obviously he wouldn't be able to offer a review of any kind. But if he got the star... how would... He'd just not say anything about it until it was all over. The less he mentioned anyone before that point the better it would be for them. 

Though... he glanced back once again, feigning looking at Kitty and Cassandra to see who would answer next as he tried to look at the argumentative Shashka in a new light. Should he offer to give her a few lessons? She had shown so much bravado with those knives back when they were hunting - was that all it was, though? Bravado? A bluff? Maybe the best he could do for her was to not die and potentially put in a good word, but if she was up for it he could try teaching her something in case he didn't make it past the returning the star.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime21st December 2018, 6:08 pm

The laughing cut deep and it wasn't even aimed at her. Cassandra frowned at the sound. To laugh at someone else's truest dream, something they thought important enough to brave a long journey full of dangers... it was petty and almost cruel, no matter the circumstances that might have led to the reaction. She knew that things between Shashka and Saphira were on bad terms, that the two were never likely to be good friends, but outright mockery was not something she expected.

It shattered the built up heroic image of Saphira a little, cracks marring the person she had looked up to since meeting her. Heroes didn't belittle others like that, not when the person was being honest and forthright about something that mattered so deeply to them.

It was easy to forget that she did not know them all that well, despite her feelings of camaraderie towards each of them. Hope still stirred in her chest, wanting to know more, to become more, with each person before her. To have them become more than puzzles with missing pieces that her imagination filled in.

Her eyes glanced to Kitty then, wondering if she'd built up an image of the smaller girl as well. But no, there was history there to back up the image. Years in the same school, same village, knowledge of how she grew up and what her family was like. There had been many glimpses at cornsilk hair and the strength hidden in slate-blue eyes. There were evenings spent after a long day's work talking under the stars, the sharing of thoughts and ideas and every day tasks.  

She relaxed her posture and turned her attention back onto the conversation. Until Kitty spoke, Cassandra did not plan to say anything about her own reasonings, unwilling to share something that should only be given when she was ready to speak of it.

"I think it's a commendable dream, Shashka," Cassandra said, taking a moment to picture the girl in a set of full armor, weapon at her side. The armor looked a little big on Shashka in this mental image, but she felt safe in thinking that Shashka could be up to the task of filling the role, if she put her mind to it. Despite how many times Shashka's antics confused her, she knew one thing for certain: Shashka could remain stubbornly determined if she put her heart into it.

With Kitty still remaining quiet for the moment, Cassandra looked to Saphira, expecting the red-haired girl to speak next. Leon had said each of them were to do this thing, and Saphira shouldn't be exempt from it, no matter the higher pedestal Leon and Saphira stood on with one another.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime21st December 2018, 10:33 pm

Shashka was caught off guard by the praise, and, unsure of how to respond, she gave a polite nod in Cassandra's direction. She hadn't given the girl more than a passing glance. It'd been easy to lose her in all the personalities present. Even Kitty's quiet, doe-like expression stood out stronger than Cassandra did to her, somehow.

Shashka eyed her now, trying to sum her up. She seemed like the most forthright of the group, she and Kitty, both. But, Cassandra was different. There was something almost... heroic about the simple way she protected Kitty from harm. She seems so... so... She grasped at the word. Honorable? No, maybe just honest. The very idea of it made her want to laugh. That being honest would look like such a high virtue in comparison to the rest of the assembled party made the ridiculousness of the situation more plain. They were only a bunch of kids, setting out to find a star, so why was there so much espionage? Why was everyone at each other's throat's? I've never been good at understanding people, but this mess is so tangled. Nobody's telling the damn truth.

She was used to getting angry; spitting poison until folks were forced to answer or leave. The need to compromise was breaking new ground, and she wasn't sure how to handle teaming up with those she didn't, and couldn't trust, not when she wouldn't be able to brute force them into being truthful. Her stomach felt uneasy at the uncertainty of it, and reaching for firm ground, she made a pact with herself. If she could get Cassandra alone, she'd find out more about her. That would be a step in the right direction, at least.

Last edited by Sailor Jinglebell on 22nd December 2018, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2018, 7:40 am

He wanted to be told the truth. He said he'd know if they lied. For a few minutes, Kitty felt paralyzed. She walked along beside the others robotically, but she felt and heard little of Shashka's wish or other conversation. Her mind swam with images and sounds, fragments of memories she'd been trying so hard to push down all clamoring to surface. Her heart thudded heavily in her chest; she struggled to keep her breath even.

Daisy.

She lied on the mountain—told everyone that she wanted to continue her schooling somewhere prestigious. It wasn't outlandish. Most folks from Lorham completed their compulsory education and that was it. Her family wouldn't have had money for tuition even at a small home school in a nearby village, let alone additional room and board costs. She couldn't have earned a wage that would have covered all of it even if she abandoned them, left the farm shorthanded, and took up a trade elsewhere.

But that wasn't why she was here. She would have been just fine working on the family ranch until her dying day, just like her father and siblings before her. She liked it there. Being out here, knee-deep in adventure and intrigue, only served to remind her how much she adored the sleepy security of her hometown. She almost missed the dusty, dirt smell of the sheep or the constant murmur of their noises. Returning to all of that didn't sound so bad.

As long as they were all there.

Her tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth as if glued there. She tasted sawdust with a metallic tang. The blue-gray eyes looked nervously at William and then back again. She didn't want to say it. She didn't want to admit it. Wasn't Cassandra always telling her that there was power in words, in stories? Speaking it out loud would make it real.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2018, 11:12 am

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 GauQv2D

The fact that this time the comeback wasn't full of just anger and nonsense selfish notions surprised Saphira. That she actually admitted a weakness and let herself be vulnerable... what had happened to that girl she had punched in the face? It felt like something shifted at that moment, and Saphira didn't know what to make of it. She just scrutinized Shashka with narrowed eyes, wondering if some kind of trickery was at play.

That the other two, so far more forthcoming girls were withholding information and still hadn't answered William was another thing that didn't sit right with her. They'd always been about friendship and helping each other, but now all of a sudden they were keeping secrets? Was all that nice, idealist nonsense just a charade after all? She knew no one was that nice or that naive. She knew people like them couldn't be real, even in the smallest villages.

It didn't matter what they decided to say or not say. The deal was for their truths in exchange for the path of the star. If they didn't fulfill their end of the bargain, they wouldn't get what was promised, and now Shashka had shared her own truth for nothing. Surely they wouldn't be okay with that if they were truly the good people they kept saying they were.

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 4ttFPcD[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 E2wqfIi [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Mercurysig [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Ft6DXry[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 Wedding1
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 YgSg9XS [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 J9FkIOw [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 E92foQg [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 GGOnOmH [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 T6HQwOw [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 ZMIrfsf [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 4JvDpxl [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 EfXLP8m 
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 3DQXfaU
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2018, 11:30 am

Moments passed as Cassandra praised Shashka for her dream but offered nothing of her own wish, the new silence stretching as Kitty remained quiet as well. What was their hesitation? Judging from their background he had assumed the standard wishes - tuition, favors, pardons and the like - but the reticence they were showing suggested something less ordinary, but what could it be that they did not wish to discuss it? If they were successful, they would have to voice their wishes in front of him in the ceremony - or would, if this were standard, so whatever it was that stayed their tongues would have to be gotten over before that point, but maybe they were hoping time would make the statements easier? Were they embarrassed, perhaps? ... forcing them to speak in front of Shashka and Saphira would be cruel then. 

"If you would not wish to speak of it openly, once we get the next stopping point you could tell me then," he offered, keeping his gaze forward.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2018, 5:48 pm

Saphira said nothing. Kitty said nothing.

It wasn't how she expected this exchange to go, with Shashka being forthright but Saphira to not give voice to Leon's request. She respected their decisions not to say anything if that was what they wanted. She, after all, felt hesitant to say anything as well.

Kitty, she knew, had trouble speaking about anything to do with her desired wish. It was the one taboo topic amongst all of their conversations with one another, both big and small. Kitty seemed far more at ease to ignore it as a reality for as long as possible.

As for Saphira... she couldn't figure that one out just yet. A part of her felt that perhaps Saphira's own silence was not due to conflicting emotions but that she was not actually included in the 'spill your secrets' group. That thought pulled a frown to her lips, but she let it go. She might have read the situation wrong and perhaps Saphira would rather take the private option Leon offered. She knew it was entirely likely that her earlier anger towards Saphira's cruel laughter still colored her viewpoint right now, and she took a moment to set it all aside.

Besides, if the situations were reversed, would she have asked Kitty to share her secrets?

Cassandra turned her attention onto herself, the only thing she could truly control in all of this. It was tempting, to give in to Leon's offer of a private conversation, but it felt wrong. Wrong, when Shashka had given up her dream to them all, opening herself to laughter and judgment from them all. Wrong, when she needed to do this to give Kitty a vital piece of the puzzle. Learning whatever information Leon could give her might get Kitty one step closer to that star, it could build a bridge across the cliff of unprepared ignorance they'd both started this journey on.

And perhaps it would help Kitty come to terms with the idea, too.

Steeling herself, Cassandra quickened her pace and moved to join Leon, catching his eye before beginning. "My reason for going was a selfish one without a true end goal. I drowned in my own imagination. Lorham doesn't have many opportunities for those who wish to find something more to life, to experience new things, but trying to catch the star meant I'd get a weapon and the coins as a means of money. Or so I thought." She swallowed hard, but now that she'd begun, she could only move forward. "I did not expect to survive the journey—no one ever really does—but I felt it worth it to try. Felt it necessary to try. I didn't care about the inevitable dangers. It was my one chance, you see."

Heat flushed her cheeks at the admission, so selfish in front of people like Shashka and Kitty who only wished to help their families and to better their lives.

Thinking of Kitty gave her a boost of warmth amongst the coldness of her thoughts, and she clung tightly to that sensation blooming in her chest. "I quickly realized how stupid I'd been, foolish and naive, about something so real. But, as we've journeyed, my reasons have changed and morphed into something new. Something better, I feel." She recalled Leon's exact question, bringing focus to her words. Strength came back to her then, determination brushing away the cobwebs of doubt. "The reason I'm here is because I am going to do everything in my power to ensure Kitty gets to that star to make her wish."

She paused then, a thought occurring to her she hadn't given much attention before. If everything went to plan, she'd have a wish to make too. And if she had her own wish to make for retrieving the star, what would be that wish? Did she even deserve a wish?

Instinctively, she thought of wanting more adventures, more opportunity to explore. But going through all of this changed her views on the entire idea. Excitement and thrills were intoxicating mistresses, but to what cost? There had to be other ways to get the color she craved in her life without the risk of losing friends and family along the way.  

No, she wanted to be better. Journeys made people better, didn't they? Every storybook showed that was true enough. She thought of something that would bring a better life to Lorham. Perhaps a way to share her love for stories with people all over the town so that they, too, could find joy in their imagination. A library? A theatre? No, those didn't seem right. Didn't seem good enough.  

Her eyes trailed to Kitty for a moment and the idea came automatically, warmth strong in her chest once more. Why hadn't she thought of it sooner? She looked to Leon again, gaze steady. "If I were to get a wish, I would wish for Lorham to get a hospital filled with great doctors and many means of healing people of all types of ailments. But instead of running families dry just to heal a loved one, the doctors would be funded and supported by places of greater wealth so that the families that came to the hospital would only pay what they could spare."

It sounded preposterous, impossible even. That meant it was the perfect wish.

With her words now said, Cassandra nodded, more to herself than to Leon, and fell back to her previous spot. She didn't look to anyone at all, and instead focused her attention onto the sky above.

Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2018, 7:32 pm

Those slate blue eyes widened at her classmate's bold statement. She didn't completely agree with Cassandra's assessment that adventure-seeking counted as selfish and foolish, although she certainly couldn't wrap her mind around what would make someone desire a wish quite like that. Kitty didn't really want to judge the wishes the others had, regardless of what they might be, because she wasn't ready to tally out what made a wish "good" or "bad"... she wasn't ready to think about hers at all, let alone in that kind of way. Besides, every person was different; they all had hopes and dreams, fears and dislikes. If the playing field ought to be limited for wishes, then that should be in the rules.

She felt guilty to hear the dark-haired teen with the bright pale green eyes change her wish to be Kitty's wish. It felt unfair. It felt as if she was getting an additional chance she wasn't supposed to have. It felt like Cassandra offered to sacrifice something precious—a loyalty that Kitty didn't feel she deserved.

Of course she wanted to accomplish what she set out to do. There was little point being here, otherwise. Her family would be suffering without her efforts. She only hoped that when she came back, they'd forgive her. She wasn't sure they'd truly understand why she'd make such a narrow, selfish decision to leave and try something nearly impossible unless she came back successful. If she died trying or never returned, perhaps they'd disown her. The range of potential consequences varied too much, so she simply tried not to think about it. She compartmentalized it like any other task, focusing on the goal and whatever steps she could take to achieve it, one day at a time.

But to use Cassandra's camaraderie and friendship to take advantage of her like this... that was wrong. Cassandra had been there for her so many times; she wanted to be able to do something to repay the other girl, but so far no opportunities had surfaced. What did she risk if they continued like this, so unbalanced? What would it be like when Cassandra finally started to chafe under the strain of doing so much and getting nothing in return? What would Kitty do if one of the few people she could actually consider a friend began to drift and change, moving through stages of resentment? She didn't know how to express this, and it certainly wasn't the time to do so right now. If she interjected, tried to argue, she'd only hurt her friend's feelings and possibly weaken the opinions of the others in the group. It wasn't appropriate. She longed to say something, despite her usual habit of staying silent, but she couldn't do it now. She was almost glad that Cassandra temporarily moved closer to William; if the other girl could see Kitty's face, maybe she'd misunderstand the turbulent emotions briefly reflected there.

And then there was Cassandra's new wish. It intensified the guilt; it weighed too heavily towards the goal Kitty had set out for, not anything related to the other girl. Of course, it wasn't a bad idea. Additional civil infrastructure in Lorham wouldn't be unappreciated. It was a small town, after all. But it still tasted of coercion. She worried she had somehow gone too far, said too much. She didn't want someone as smart and capable as Cassandra to suffer for her small, private wish. Just hearing it brought tears to her eyes that she desperately tried to blink back.

William attempted to give her an out, and she both appreciated it and feared what Saphira and Shashka might think if she kept silent when others were willing to speak. They were so headstrong and forthcoming. She was hiding something, but if she continued to do so in this scenario, it didn't seem unlikely that either or both of them would conjure up something worse than the truth.

Kitty took a deep breath and moved forward towards William, riding in the wake of Cassandra's confession, although she didn't know how she'd ever be able to maintain eye contact.

"My little sister..."

She tried not to, but she choked on the words. The blonde blinked fiercely, looking away, trying to breathe. She clenched and unclenched her fists, attempting to calm ragged breaths.

"I w-want... to h-help her."

She cried as she forced the words out, her thoughts overwhelmed with so many memories. Running after the little girl with the spirited laugh, catching her under the arms and swinging her around as the summer sun beamed down on them. Comforting early mornings with the family, everyone gathered around the table in love and harmony, ready to take on a day of hard work. Bright eyes watching the baby lambs, naming them in that whimsical way only children can. Nestled together under the blankets during a vicious storm, Kitty's hands stroking the younger girl's head, promising that she'd be safe. Crumpled flowers offered in apology, received with hugs and apologies of her own for letting her temper stir up harsh words she didn't mean. A spike of panic rising in her chest when those familiar eyes refused to open one morning. The constant knot in her stomach as the doctor, so expensive, left with no words of hope or even certainty.

The slight blond never stopped walking, never slackened her pace along the others, but she pulled close her cloak and sobbed quietly into the corner of it, trying to muffle the sound and blot out the feelings and tamp down the fears that rose up, vicious and loud, screaming all their terrible possibilities into her heart.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2018, 8:05 pm

With one question, the entire group began to shift. Cassandra, whom Shashka had just seen as noble suddenly admitted to a selfish desire for coin and glory, (though she did redeem herself with her true wish in the end). Kitty was apparently crying, her unruffled demeanor instantaneously shattered. What next? Would Saphira uncharacteristically claim her heart's desire was to fund a poor orphanage? Would William/Leon pledge a wish for a life as a "real boy" rather than a royal? She waited for their replies, which she assumed would naturally come. Surely they would both state their wishes. They had to. It was only fair. Though somehow she doubted they played that way...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2018, 5:46 am

Hearing the sound of Kitty's suffering brought tears stinging at her own eyes, though she blinked them away, still staring upwards. The sky made for a great distraction from the reality around her.

For she wanted to reach out, to comfort Kitty. But this topic had always been such a taboo between them, something never spoken of except for that one night under the canopy of stars, when Kitty dared to whisper the heartbreaking truth of her desire to seek out the star.

Even though the topic had now been stated out loud and to listening ears, she did not want to belittle the suffering Kitty felt. For what comfort could she give, truly? Would Kitty even appreciate something as meaningless as a hug or a hand on her shoulder? What good was a hug when her sister still grew more ill by the day?

She might be a friend, someone who knew the situation, but she was not family. She knew of the situation but she didn't truly know. She didn't suffer with the rest, watching someone she loved waste away. That was Kitty's own burden to bear, to come to terms with. Kitty didn't need outsiders right now, she needed family. And that was a particular kind of comfort Cassandra couldn't provide.

Instead, she clenched her fist—unsettled by the current situation, the constant shifting sands of this strange collection of people—and her hands remained at her sides.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2018, 11:36 am

Rather than take him up on his offer, Cassandra came forward and caught his eye, and he immediately turned his attention into her words, his eyes tight on hers, concentrating and willing her to be telling the truth as she spoke. She didn't hesitate or stutter, her words flowed freely, and continued to flow freely as she spoke and explained her wish and those "selfish desires" of which she admitted. He would not have called the wish selfish - Romantic, assuredly, this wish for adventure, but not selfish. Honestly there were few professions that allowed for much travel beyond joining a merchant or mercenary guild, but he assumed those were few and far between in Lorham. That she hadn't expected to make it back home afterwards, and still continued on for the sheer novelty of it all would have made anyone balk, but... if she were looking for adventure she may well do no better than being held up by bandits, travelling with a Prince in disguise and fighting off assassins alongside the other dangers and tasks involved with this trial. He nodded, accepting that, and honestly believed that he could be assured that she wouldn't betray him for coin or any other sort of bribery, that her heart could be trusted to be as loyal as her previous actions suggested -

But then she continued and he had to redouble the effort of maintaining eye contact and putting his affinity to work, the strain causing a headache to grow and build as she spoke of how her wish had changed. Her revelation of doing it all for Kitty started to ease the worry back again. The continuation and expounding of that wish towards medical purposes for Lorham made things more difficult for him. He nodded, though from past experience that anything less than the star made that particular wish impossible. Lorham had a population of less than 700 people. It did not warrant a hospital will full-time staff - they would need to be paid for full-time work that would not take up their full time. If anything, something more sustainable was to increase the number of herbalists that lived in Lorham and increase the frequency with which travelling doctors visited the village, else put into place a easy method of transport to bring them to one of the closer towns wherein a doctor or two would be in residence. Maybe even assign a doctor to the village full-time -- his brows tightened, wondering if that was the Kitty connection. Did she wish to become a doctor, and Cassandra's wish was to ensure she could return to their home village after her training were complete? 

Before he could muse more on the topic or comment on her original wish - this new one would need to be solved differently (unless he died and then it would be his grandfather's problem) - Kitty was suddenly there, attempting to make eye contact. After Cassandra's explanation, he felt like he could grow light-headed if Kitty's were of anything near that length, but with how little she spoke normally --

Her initial admission made him swallow and look away, the way she choked on the words, unable to finish them. Her sister? His brother. She continued shakily and he forced his eyes back on her, desperate to hear that however she continued was something that he could assist with without the star. That there wasn't something that would necessarily need governmental involvement, that it wasn't something impossible that would take the full weight of the monarchy to make pass. Her admission, however, was simple and obtuse - she wanted to help her - but the pain it caused to admit even just that was obvious. He wanted to leave it at that, to just let her cry and release those emotions, to call a break and just keep counting time, but she kept up with him, never faltering in her steps despite the waver in her voice. He wanted to leave it at that, but he had to know if she could be bought or persuaded, so he had to know why her sister needed help. "I'm sorry to have to ask," he said, his tone calm, "but how does she need help?"

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2018, 11:52 am

DM wrote:
Upcoming Time Skip Information:
Note "Upcoming"! ♥️ The thread will continue as-is until the current conversation is completed, and then we'll be jumping two days into the future ((cause my dice say that's when the next danger strikes XD)).

During those two days, our peeps would've been talking to each other! :O So obviously we have to have conversations during that time (for bonding and etc. XD) and how we'll handle it is through a tried and true RPG tactic: NPC CONVERSATION!
NPC Conversations??? wrote:
You know, like when you run around as your PC and talk to people standing around in camp and they offer up a question or something for your character and you have set answer choices? Or you click on them and you can ask them a number of questions and they respond? IT'S LIKE THAT! =D Wowww yaaaay oooooh! 

HOW THESE CONVERSATIONS WORK!:

1. You guys send me questions your character would want to ask other characters, including whom they'd want to ask, when they'd want to ask (while walking, while on a break, as they make camp, after making camp, etc.), and what they'd like to ask and how (tone, etc). ((this step has already been completed by this crew for this break XD))
  2. I'll send those questions via this link! (in the future I'll just send the document at the beginning XD)
  3. Then~
    a) Go to that document, find your character's page and respond to those questions through making a bullet under that question!
    b) If a conversation emerges rather than supplying a simple answer, please inform the asker to check your page to continue that conversation through bullets! 
  4. Please have these questions answered in a timely fashion! I know it's probably all HOLIDAY EXPLOSIONS in people's places right now and some of these questions can be a little involved, so I don't want to put a solid "BY X" "due date" on them, but if they were answered by Christmas night that would be great XD cause then wherever we are IC we can include the responses as "known" information gained after the official time skip.

Very Happy Discord is always available for questions/answers etc~  When all the questions are answered I'll be putting them officially into the time-skip post (i'll be making when the time skip happens) to make them an 'official' addition to the RP!

♥️ Thanks for trying out this "NPC" conversation mechanic with me~!

Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime26th December 2018, 7:38 pm

She watched the interplay between Cassandra and Leon/William closely. She saw his eyes strain as he focused hard on her words, his brows crinkling with her response. She wondered what he was thinking, just then. His concentration was so fierce. Was he puzzling out a way to make her wish work? Shashka supposed he was capable of fulfilling it, as a Prince. If he said "build a hospital in Lorham" who was going to argue? Who could argue with such a noble wish without seeming wholly heartless?

She stole a glance at Kitty. Shashka had been right to guess that a family member had fallen ill. With her own history, she knew the signs. But she remembered herself how much it hurt any time someone asked just how she and her father were doing in the aftermath. It was better, kinder, sometimes, not to ask. She stayed quiet on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime30th December 2018, 4:38 pm

DM wrote:
The previous conversation shall now continue in the NPC document! Festribration Family-time Break ends, on with the murdering! =D  

I mean star catching =D

Time passed - the rest of that day, that night and the following day happened without much ado. They slowly started to get to know each other, started falling into roles when setting up camp for the third time together (including the camp that was struck on their first attempt at staying together), and kept an eye out and guard set so as not to be ambushed. The scrub-grass plains stretched out all around them as they walked through the foothills leading up to the mountain range that was the border between Esoria and the next realm; the river through the area was marked with the only trees they could see, the next best thing being low, prickly bushes that dotted the landscape. Game wasn't all that hard to come across, but they would have to travel far from camp to get it, so instead they supplemented meals with the meat from the Bramblebushes to minimize anybody going out alone and having an unfortunate meeting with any other mercenaries or assassins. So long as they kept moving, they were fairly certain that they would not have to worry about a trap being laid ahead of them. 

Their second night fell and stars popped in through the night sky overhead. They were keeping watch in shifts, and currently watching over everyone was.... (die roll~)
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 BjJnuuP Kitty 
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 N90lomHCassandra
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 MFUyv6Z Shashka

SCRAPPED BECAUSE I WANT THEM TO LIVE:

It was nearing the end of their shift when an assassin approached quietly, having chosen this moment with these two on guard from his watch at a distance. He crept through the night, keeping near scrubbrush on his approach, eyes on both the two girls and the prize. 

He paused, considering, and threw a rock to distract the pair so he could easily sneak in and get out.

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 MFUyv6Z Shashka hears the rock strike the ground!
Is she distracted or suspicious?
Distracted! Shashka believes something could be over there!

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 N90lomH Cassandra hears the rock strike the ground!
Is she distracted or suspicious?
Suspicious! Cassandra believes a noise like that is out of the ordinary for this area... she wonders if it were a trap!

Intuition* wrote:
While "Intuition" is currently used to deal with MP, this type of intuition actually has to do with the Mind affinity~ It's almost like... Kitty... got a sense of the assassin's tricky thoughts? hmm...

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 2nd January 2019, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2nd January 2019, 11:41 am

Shashka squinted out into the night. It was late and she was feeling tired, the weight of all the human interaction taking a toll on her senses. She yawned, blinking into the darkness and wondered when their shift would be over. She had volunteered for first watch so that she could rest quickly after. Plus, Kitty was an easy companion. She glanced over at the girl, wondering about the earlier conversation and her sick sibling. It wasn't a good time to bring it up, given they were meant to be paying attention, but there was never a good time to bring it up. She mulled over broaching the subject, just to offer some kind of solidarity.

But just then, fate intervened. She strained her ears at a clatter in the distance. "Kitty, did you hear that?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime2nd January 2019, 5:29 pm

She enjoyed the night sky in all its sparkling beauty. Being in the midst of this journey only made her appreciate the stars above even more.

It was kind of exciting, to take up watch. Kitty tried to volunteer for first watch, but Cassandra had seen the exhaustion hiding in those slate-blue eyes and stepped in, claiming to be not tired at all. It wasn't completely true—the amount of walking they did was enough to tire anyone—but the early evening was her favorite part of the day, and so she wasn't opposed to staying up to watch the shift of colors and the veil of stars drop around them.

She didn't mind sharing the watch with Shashka, either. She'd come to understand Shashka a little better in the past few days, finding similarities and respect for the dark-haired girl. Cassandra had thought of everyone in their group as friends by default—how could they be a team if they were not friends as well?—but now she considered Shashka a friend by her own right. Surprising, considering how everything began. There was still much to learn, but she'd seen through the bristled exterior to the strength and determination within, begun to see what truly drove Shashka forward, and she was glad for it.

A sound cut through her reminiscent thoughts like a sharp blade, her body stilling as she listened closely. It was a rock clattering to the ground, but that was not a normal thing. It hit too heavy upon the ground to be an animal traipsing around them.

Cassandra's hand went to her axe, but she didn't move, not yet. She looked to Shashka, remembering that the other girl had no desire to fight here and now, that she'd wanted nothing to do with battle against that other assassin, and Cassandra would not ask it of her here, either.

Instead, in a soft whisper, she said, "Wake the others. Subtly, if you can." It might be nothing, but all of her instincts yelled that this could be a trap. Best to wake everyone up, just in case, and if they could do so without letting the potential person realize they were aware, that would be for the better. "And be on your guard. I think someone's here and trying to trick us."

In a louder voice, she continued as if Shashka had only just asked her about the noise. "Bah, you're jumping at shadows again," she said with an air of amusement. "Probably just an animal. I can go check it out, if you want." She got up, slowly, mimicking a stretch in order to look around, trying to see through the darkness, focusing more on the opposite area of where the noise had come from. Even in her fake stretching, she made sure to be ready in case an attack came their way. She didn't plan to move from her spot, it being closer to where she assumed the person to be. But now she needed to make up a reason for Shashka to move around. "Or maybe you should be the one to go, considering you're always hearing things in the darkness."

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2019, 9:00 am

Assassin wrote:
The man waited, watching.

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 N90lomH Cassandra looks for the assassin!
Does she spot him? Perception check!
--Cassandra's Perception: 7
--Perception Check: 4

Cassandra spots a figure crouching behind a bush behind and slightly to her left, across from where the sound originated. The figure was in a good place to either sneak up on them or make a dash towards the sleeping companions. :<

Does he notice her spotting him?
 Perception check!
--Assassin's Perception: 4
--Perception Check: 3
----Cassandra being subtle!: +5

The assassin does not notice Cassandra noticing him!

Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2019, 1:22 pm

She didn't like the idea of slinking away. It would leave Cassandra by herself and Shashka would need to turn her back on potential murderers in the dark. Sorry Cassandra, but we're doing this my way. She raised her voice in mock offense, trying to wake the others with loudness instead. "Excuse me? Are you calling me a liar?" She drew her daggers, preparing herself in case the enemy pounced. "Bet you won't say that to my face!" She cried with what she hoped was enough force to rouse the resting party. Hopefully they'd see her with weapons out, and at least come running with theirs. They reeeeeally should've decided on a code word before bedtime.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2019, 1:27 pm

Battle wrote:

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 MFUyv6Z Shashka attempts to wake the party!
Did it hit?
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 AGGUpo3 -- 6

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I4fmuzY -- 3
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 BjJnuuP -- 2

[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 AGGUpo3 William wakes up!
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I4fmuzY Saphira stirs! She is vulnerable to waking up - quick, someone poke her!
[HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 BjJnuuP Kitty is sleeping deeply...

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2019, 2:34 pm

A loud sound quickly awakened him, his eyes opening fully and his hand clutching the dagger hilt he loosely held before his mind even caught up to the idea that he was awake. He rolled off his side, the arm with the weapon tense and ready to defend himself -- only to find Shashka and Cassandra still standing guard, no evidence of a threat beyond Shashka's defensive stance and her naked blades. That she was so agitated - and at Cassandra - meant nothing good and his frustration rose as the adrenaline of facing potential danger fell. He thought they had gotten past this with her, and that she was starting something in the middle of the night when they were all sleeping in shifts was nigh on inexcusable and she should know that. Barking at her about it wasn't going to get him back to sleep any faster, though, and, by the look of it, Saphira and Kitty were still sleeping, so he resigned himself to attempting to intervene quietly so he could get back to sleep before they had to wake him up for his turn. 

He rubbed at his face with his empty hand as he stood, getting the sleep from his eyes as he made his way over. "What is it?" he said with tired exasperation, preparing to mediate a misunderstanding.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2019, 2:53 pm

As usual, things did not work out the way she'd planned. No, no you royal idiot! Don't just stand there like a damn pincushion. Trying to think fast, she pointed a dagger in William's direction. "You want to go, too?" she yelled. "Pick up your weapon, then!" She silently prayed he would catch her meaning, or if he didn't, that her yelling would piss off Saphira enough to engage her in the fight as well. The tense seconds rolled by as she waited for his answer to her provocation. If I live through this, we're making a damn code word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   [HC Event] Star Catchers - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[HC Event] Star Catchers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Silver Millennium :: RPG Forums :: Hall of Fame-