The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 [HC Event] Star Catchers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 4074
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   21st January 2019, 10:37 am



Before they had a moment to discuss it, Saphira took off like a streak, William in tow and Shashka jumped as Cassandra's hand grasped hers; feeling a flash of surprise at the first real human contact she'd had since the journey had started out. She was dragged slightly and stumbled the first few steps, Cassandra's might pulling her onward before she got her feet under herself. She tried to glance behind her as she ran, though the dust cloud wasn't revealing its secrets. "Where do we go?" she shouted ahead, unsure if Saphira could even hear her over their heavy clomping and the distance between them. "I didn't think she'd take me so seriously," she murmured to Cassandra.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   21st January 2019, 11:05 am

Quote :
They scrambled over the next hill,

--4

but when glancing behind, it was obvious that the dust cloud was changing its trajectory to intersect them; if they didn't turn immediately south soon, they'd run right into them. The thunder grew until it revealed itself as the sound of hooves crashing against the ground, driving up the dry dirt behind him as they went.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9543
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Canada


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   21st January 2019, 2:10 pm



"Keep an eye out for any place we can hide!" she shouted, not really knowing where they were supposed to go in these vast plains. The cloud was definitely following them, and she redirected to the south in order to keep away from it. It seemed the thundering sound came from horse hooves. So it was people after all? But what kind of people? The kind that had scared highwaymen. The kind that they probably wouldn't want to meet if they valued their lives. Even if Torvald and his friend had survived, he had been dissuaded from his star catching path forever. So something really bad must have happened. Sometimes death wasn't the worst thing that could happen to someone...

"Any ideas?" she asked William, panic clear in her voice. They were not going to outrun those people if they were on horses.

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   21st January 2019, 5:36 pm


The thunder turned to hoof-beats as Saphira called out instructions to look for a place to hide, but - unless by some miracle there was a cave somewhere around here - he doubted they would find anything in time. A glance told him everything he needed to know: they'd been spotted and were now being pursued. To what end was anyone's guess, but if the highwaymen were to be believed, it wasn't going to be good. They'd need to defend themselves. He considered their assets as they dashed up the next hill - they'd be tired from running if they kept this up. Cassandra was fine with her ax - unafraid to wield it - and had a flail besides; Kitty seemed at home with her machete. Saphira had her spear and rapier - if he remembered correctly, she was trained with the short-ranged weapon, just chose to use the spear more often. Shashka... Shashka had her knives and was getting the hang of blocking and thrusting motions with a sword. Saphira had luck on her side, Cassandra may be able to summon rain, Shashka can shoot sparks from her hand and he wasn't exactly sure what Kitty's affinity was, and he could only affect one person at a time with his abilities and was pretty sure making more than three commands would render him useless. So... not good. 

They crested the hill and Saphira called to him for ideas, the panic in her voice making him focus. She was in danger - they all were - and with the cloud growing so that he could make out the figures within it, he made what he thought was a good call. "Stop here! Get out your weapons," he took a deep breath as he dropped his pack to the ground and unwound the sword belt from around its exterior to fit it around his waist beneath his cloak. "We may not have a chance when they catch up, and this way they will have crested a hill before reaching us, giving us an advantage." Not much of one, or maybe even any advantage, but this way if their pursuers caught up they at least would not be fighting to catch their breath and get armed as well as potentially fighting for their lives.

Quote :
There's so much to look at from on top of the hill~ but the crowd is gaining fast!

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 4074
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   22nd January 2019, 1:46 pm



This time, Shashka listened, bowing to William's military prowess. It was clear he had a view of the situation that she herself did not possess, probably from whatever training he had been given at the palace. Shashka wasn't going to argue - she didn't plan on dying on this hill. She pulled her hand free from Cassandra, taking out her daggers and positioning herself a few feet behind and center Saphira and William. She needed to be mobile, that would be her best bet for staying alive.


"Maybe those kidnapper jerks lied?" she offered. "I mean, there's a chance. They weren't exactly our very best friends. If they aren't friendly... we can't outfight or outrun them. We'll need to make a trade." She looked at William, trying to catch his eye. "...The trade will have to be you. It's the best option." He'd at least be alive if he went willingly. Hell, everyone might be alive if he went willingly.

And then they could... what? Steal a horse? Try to gallop off into the sunset to save him? She didn't like how bleak this train of thought was looking and frowned. When did I even start caring about what happens to him? I should be trying to save me. But in her heart she knew the answer. He had been kind and thoughtful and he had taken the time to give her skills to better defend herself. They were building an unspoken loyalty, this prince and pauper, and she felt herself wanting to defend that, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9543
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Canada


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   22nd January 2019, 2:03 pm



She followed William's instructions and pulled out her spear, keeping her rapier within easy reach should the fight become close-range. Which it probably would and she wasn't looking forward to it. But she also had missed being able to do a proper swordfight. All these things that happened had had her up to her limits of tolerance. She could actually use a way to channel all that frustrations out. Even if it'd probably end up killing her. She hated the thought that they'd been warned about this yet they were going to have to face it anyway, but another part of her was also curious what the highwaymen were so afraid of. Who were these people? Star Catcher hunters?

She looked all around their surroundings as the cloud came closer, trying to memorize the landscape just in case it could be useful later. And she also tried to identify what was coming on those horses, her heart beating loudly in her ears.

Hearing Shashka's words, her temper immediately flared. Of course she'd be so ready to offer him up as a sacrifice. 

"If we gave him away, they'll most likely kill him on the spot. He literally has assassins after him. We don't know if that's the best option yet. Maybe they want something else."

Negotiations, she could deal with. She hoped it would come down to that, instead of an immediate fight. If the people could be bargained with, then she had a chance of saving them all from certain death.

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :
Posts : 5133
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   22nd January 2019, 4:09 pm



The sound of hooves spoke a different tale than the one her imagination conjured. As she ran, racing as fast as she could, her mind went to large dust giants as big as mountains, swirls of dust and air coiling around their incorporeal bodies.

But what need would giants have of horses? Unless they were giant horses?

As much as she would have loved to see a giant horse, she recognized the sounds as being regular horses. The kind she'd seen nearly every day of her life growing up in Lorham. She'd know the sound of hooves clomping at the ground anywhere.

Cresting the hill, Cassandra gulped in deep breaths of air as she listened to Leon's call. Pulling out her axe, Cassandra tried to make out any details through the swirls of dust, something that could potentially give them even the slightest extra advantage in this.

At Shashka's statement, Cassandra frowned, though she said nothing at first, letting Saphira's angered voice cut through the sudden tension in the air.

"Let's wait and see what they want," she said after Saphira finished. Cassandra trained her eyes once more on the approaching cloud. "We forfeit our position here if we let them come close and talk, but if we attack before their intentions are known, we might be making an enemy out of a potential ally. But..." she trailed off, remembering the crystal clear fear in the highwayman's voice. She didn't let that phase her. Instead, it strengthened her, doubly so as she glanced from one member of the team to the next. "Whatever this is, we'll face it together."

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   22nd January 2019, 5:47 pm


Shashka armed herself and took up a position behind and between himself and Saphira as he considered the bow verses the shield; he had managed both before, but the extra range of motion may be necessary to keep up with moving targets... and the shield may be the difference between life and someone being clubbed in the head. Frowning, he went with both, sliding his left forearm through the grip and loaded his left hand with three arrows, guessing that he wouldn't get the chance to fire a fourth. Shashka spoke, offering another option, but he felt confident enough in Saphira's judgement to believe that the fear the highwaymen had expressed was real because she believed it to be real. If it turned out otherwise then that would be great, but he would prepare for the worst circumstance until then. As he experimentally stretched out the bow and loaded it with an arrow, staring down the approaching mass and making an educated guess as to how far the arrow would fly, she brought up a trade. His stomach dropped, the suggestion so unexpected as to catch him completely off guard. He kept facing forward, even as his mind raced with a way out that was good enough for everyone - what she was saying made sense for how much she knew, and how much they knew so far, so however he rebuffed the idea, it had to make sense. 

So far, assassins had struck quietly and without force of numbers, so this did not seem like a group of approaching assassins, ergo offering up the first Prince of Esoria in exchange for their lives would be relatively harmless - he'd be kept and taken care of as they ransomed him off and the four of them could go with finding the star and just give him credit when they met up again in Thelline. Or, at least, that's what he considered her thinking to be. Only there was the problem she didn't know about: His grandfather would pay no such ransom. In fact, if these people did not know the price on his head, then his grandfather may return their demand of ransom with an easy-to-accomplish job offer. His only hope in that situation was that the ransom offer became too public - ... but then his grandfather could easily claim that the demands were too high and he'd die a tragic figure rather than a foolish one. Either way, not good for him. 

And he had something to accomplish before he died; he wasn't just going to go willingly. 

But if he could do something to save them... Saphira spoke up for him, citing the assassins, putting it out there that he could immediately be killed upon surrender - all things he was grateful he didn't have to point out - but her last point gave him pause. His brows twitched, staring down the approaching group along the line of the arrow to his bow. How many were there? Did they have time to figure out whether they could be bargained with before it was too late to challenge the situation otherwise?

Should they start out in a surrender? 

DM wrote:
Saphira looks around the landscape surrounding them!
Perception Check!
--6
--PER 4
----10
The mountains weren't entirely too far away, but definitely out of range for them. There were no larger bodies of water nearby, there was obvious means of escape. The sun was midway through afternoon, shadows of the hills stretching away towards the east, but not deep enough to hide in even if they wanted to. But maybe she was missing something?

 William attempts to count the number of riders in the cloud!
Perception Check!
--5
--PER 5
----10
He is unable to see fully into the cloud, but sees
--14
14 horsemen. Their clothes are not in style with anything worn in Viachia

Shashka attempts to see into the dust cloud!
Perception Check!
--5
--PER 7
----12
There are 16 horsemen within the group, wearing clothing of a certain style, armed with bows, arrows and clubs that are held at the ready by their sides, looking like this was business-as-usual as opposed to an extremely exciting event.
14 of them, wearing clothing foreign to the more populated regions of Esoria - they'd be the people native to this region, then. Cassandra called for meeting them peacefully, seeing what they wanted. With both Saphira and Cassandra opting for that end, and Shashka potentially still believing his giving himself up would be the best option for them, he slowly lowered his bow. If they weren't willing to face this head-on, they had no chance of surviving this if the others came in hot, and his appearing combative would only doom everyone. He unseated his arrow and tucked it and the other three back into the quiver hanging by his left thigh. "Then we'll see what they want," he said, and his hand twitched back towards his hood, instinctively seeking comfort in anonymity, but at this point... he controlled himself and kept his hands by his sides. Either they knew him or they didn't. Either they wanted him dead for the reward, alive for the potential reward, or wanted nothing more of him than they wanted of the others.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :
Posts : 5133
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   22nd January 2019, 7:31 pm



As shapes moved within the cloud and she counted. One, two, three... sixteen horsemen. Her grip upon her axe tightened even as she left it in a lowered and non-threatening position. Each of these figures held weapons, both ranged and melee. How could they ever hope to face so many foes?

Even the grandest of stories would never send the heroes up against such terrible odds.

Without details given by the highwayman for the true reason of his fear, just the sheer number of figures within the approaching dust cloud was enough to set her heart racing.

"Sixteen," she said, voice a whisper, not in secrecy but in trepidation. She cleared her throat and continued in a louder tone. "All of them are well armed. We cannot fight so many. If..." she let the thought trail away, and she strengthened herself against the fear fluttering in her chest, the dread sitting heavy in the pit of her stomach.

She looked to find Kitty and moved closer to the pale-haired girl, body shielding her from the incoming potential danger.  

If they attack, we'll die.

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Sailor Mercury

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 6188
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 5:23 am



She followed the others, unquestioning, trying to keep up with the flurry of conversation moving back and forth. Kitty hadn't been with Saphira and Cassandra to receive warnings from the highwaymen; she could only trust what they recalled and hope it would not end well. When William directed them to take a stand, she joined in. The machete in her hand felt heavy; there had been so much fighting against human life, more than she had ever imagined for a Star Catcher. She wasn't a violent person—she couldn't look forward to it. The thought of engaging in combat with this thundering force did not inspire her, but if she must, she must.

Of course, their chances plummeted as Cassandra identified nearly a score of riders. Kitty did her best to block those thoughts, steadying her grip on her weapon, and keeping her eyes as alert as she could as she watched the approaching horde. It seemed to be all she could do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 4074
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 8:06 am



She grimaced. Sullen, she conceded to herself that Saphira had a point. But if these riders were going to attack, well, they could just kill them all when they arrived. There wouldn't be any talking if what Saphira proposed were true.

The cloud thundered closer as Shashka began to count. One, two... sixteen. We're doomed. Cassandra spoke her thoughts aloud, and Shashka gulped. She watched as William lowered his weapons and questioned if she should do the same, settling on lowering her arms to her sides, if not sheathing her daggers. I should just put them away, there's no way we can fight. But holding them gave her comfort. It was the illusion of safety, the illusion of another option, a way out, and she clung to it as her heart thundered in her chest.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 11:10 am

DM wrote:
The riders approached, a handful of them whooping and swinging their clubs over their head in a celebratory fashion, their horses leaping to the base of the hill upon which they stood and the group spread out to surround them, the beasts only slowing as they neared the top of the rise, wherein they started to circle, eyes staring, evaluating them, looking them up and down critically as one among them separated himself from the group and came forward, though he stayed mounted as he came to rest before Saphira and William. They wore lightweight clothing in a foreign style, and had weapons that were not nearly as polished as those they held, but looked just as deadly.

"Surrender and live. Fight and die." The leader promised, his accent thick as he stared down his nose at them.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 1:32 pm


Sixteen. Cassandra's correction didn't change much for him; they were still outnumbered three-to-one. Maybe if he were with his bodyguards, or with a larger group of military men, or even military trainees they could have a chance, if they started firing now, but as they were they stood no chance. All this time, all this effort, all his preparation and planning, all the lying and carefully guarding of secrets, and still it may end right here, right now, with nothing changed. He set his jaw, keeping his gaze forward as the mounted riders split to gallop up the hill and start to lazily circle them, keeping them within a double line of people when honestly only one would might have done them in. One man stepped forward, as seasoned as the other but outing himself as their leader for his steady handling of his horse and more serious nature. The creature moved towards he and Saphira before, at the last second, turned so the horse's head was pointing off to one side so that the man could stare down at them with unimpeded vision.

If he used his ability to command this man to let them go, odds were the others wouldn't comply. He thought through what he could do with his ability, some way to use it to save all of them without surrendering to whatever fate these people had in store for them, but he wasn't used to thinking about this ability and how to use it against people. If fighting did break out, the best he could do is to get three of their people to defend them, but he'd probably take himself out in the process, so not ideal.

The man spoke: Surrender and live. Fight and die. He considered his response.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 4:52 pm

Well, moon turds.:
 

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's




Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 23rd January 2019, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 5:01 pm

DM wrote:
The ride on horseback was uncomfortable, sometimes purposefully so. Their wrists and ankles were tied, and the five horses that held them were stationed towards the center of the group, so any shenanigans would be seen and dealt with quickly. The leader called to make camp at dusk, and the men seemed surprised but went with it, as he then declared that they would drink that night in celebration for capturing a person worthy of ransom!

The horses were cared for, a fire was built, food prepared and alcohol spread throughout them. They sang and danced and celebrated! 

The Star Catchers, while still tied at wrist and ankle, were put back to back in a small circle out of the way of the festivities, their packs unceremoniously stacked a good ten feet from them. They were kept watch over by two or three of the hunters, who would swap out periodically so that everyone could celebrate and get drunk! 

The sun started to set; they hadn't been offered anything to eat, but they had been given a necessary break with some small amount of privacy. As the color drained from the sky, the cheering and revelry had cooled down to stories and laughter around the fire, the Star Catchers outside the light of the night, and their guard had wandered closer to hear the tales; while he watched them still, they would be able to speak without being overheard.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 5:14 pm


Honestly, the ride hadn't been that bad. Or, what he remembered of it. It was a convenient cover for being weak and passing out - no one probably noticed anyway, and the blood that he felt dried on his face could be accredited to the rough ride. He really felt like he came too when they were stopping - early, as he had instructed - and then were starting to get drunk - also as he instructed - so it was worth making it feel like his head was going to explode to force that conversation with the leader. 

He resisted leaning back against any of the girls; he sat with one shoulder to Kitty - er, her shoulder was more somewhere near his bicep than shoulder - and the other to Shashka, with Saphira and Cassandra being somewhere behind him where he couldn't see. The moment he felt like he could whisper and not be overheard, he softly asked, "Is everyone okay?"
circle order! wrote:

Kitty-->William-->Shashka-->Saphira-->Cassandra-->Kitty

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :
Posts : 5133
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 5:33 pm



Her wrists hurt more than her ankles, though both itched where the rope clung tightly up against her limbs. Her side ached with a renewed vigor but she had to be thankful that she did not have other wounds in addition.

As the horsemen stopped, setting up their camp and taking out their drink, Cassandra could only be thankful once more to find herself tied next to Kitty in the circle of their captured team. She couldn't do much with her hands tied, but it still brought her a sense of comfort and peace of mind to be able to see Kitty from the corner of her eye.

Their attendant wasn't staying as close as they had previously and she heard Leon's whispered voice somewhere behind her. "I'm okay. What about everyone else?" she said in response to the question, keeping her own voice soft. She worried most about Shashka, as she'd seen the girl's face bloodied and bruised. But she could not see Shashka from her position, and worry could wait. She'd made a promise to get them out of here. "They're deep in their cups. We should use this to our advantage."

She tested the bonds around her hands, trying to find some kind of wiggle room to undo the knots or slip her hand out of the bindings. Then, she tried to shift the ones tying her ankles together. She did not suspect there to be much slack—these men were professional slavers—but she had to try that first and foremost.

___________________________




Last edited by Sailor Saturn on 23rd January 2019, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9543
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Canada


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 5:49 pm



She had noticed William having a private conversation with the leader of the slavers, and then promptly passed out on his horse. It didn't take much for her to put two and two together. He'd used his powers to do something, which meant he had a plan to free them. As such, she wasn't worried. 

As they sat together in a circle, she was beside Shashka and Cassandra, and wished she could ask him what the plan was. Had he snuck a knife somewhere accessible? While the people might be drunk or even sleeping later, they would still need to find something to cut these ropes with.

"I'm fine. What's the plan?" she asked him, keeping her voice low just in case, even if no one was near them now.

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 6:01 pm


Cassandra was okay, and that was good; if something happened to anyone else, she was pretty sure he could count on Cassandra to help get them moving when they made their "escape" later. She mentioned using the drunkenness to their advantage, and Saphira, after announcing that she was fine - a relief, honestly; he was glad that they hadn't sought revenge after she had killed one of their own - cut right to the chase. Lowly, he replied, "Give it about an hour; when they start to fall asleep we'll get a single guard and make our escape soon after." Assuming he could still make three commands before losing it. ... maybe if he did lose it, he could still count on Cassandra to help him out of there. 
DM wrote:
Cassandra tries her bonds!
Do they have the slightest bit of give?
--2
--Just Lucky? 2
----4! Ooh, she could barely stretch it around! Maybe working at it for a while could get it loose enough to work at it more for a while?? good start good start!

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :
Posts : 5133
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Sweden


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   23rd January 2019, 8:49 pm



She felt it. Not much, but there all the same. The slightest of give to the tightness of the bindings. If she worked them, maybe—just maybe—she could get better leverage for something more. Hope sprung anew in her heart, a hope that was never truly gone, but had been dampened with the predicament they found theirselves in. But now, she had a goal, a way to help everyone if she could just work these ropes enough. That's what sidekicks were for, in all the stories, weren't they? To find unexpected ways to shine when things seemed dark?

An hour, Leon said, enough for the enemies to fall asleep, and she nodded in agreement to the plan, focused enough on her bonds to not realize he couldn't actually see the gesture. An hour might be enough. Maybe.

She almost wanted to tell the others about the bit of luck she'd had with the rope. To let them know she worked on trying to get them off, that there was a small amount of wiggle room and, with perhaps even a bit more luck, she could get them loose enough. But she did not want to say it until she was completely certain. This tiny amount of progress was nothing to celebrate. Not yet.

Instead, she put her attention onto stretching and pulling at her bonds, but being mindful of her movements and how they'd be perceived by anyone looking over at the circle of captives. She did not want to give the horsemen any inclination to come over and investigate.

___________________________




Last edited by Sailor Saturn on 24th January 2019, 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Sailor Mercury

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 6188
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   24th January 2019, 6:47 am



Their capture and the horseback journey to their current encampment recalled in Kitty's mind only as a confused, jumbled blur of light and sound. She barely noticed the bruises of their rough ride; she felt dazed and exhausted, the edge of adrenaline abandoning her after Saphira and Shashka's moment of clear danger had passed. The petite girl slumped where she had been left with the others, her eyes staring ahead but seeing nothing as the time of their captors revelry ticked away without much acknowledgment from her. She felt useless, so useless... They had gotten so far, and it might all be for nothing...

A pale, sunken figure with lustreless hair, more corpse like than living, haunted the back of her mind, and it took all of her willpower to keep back the tears that she knew would unravel her.

It took a few seconds for Kitty to register that William and the others were talking. She slowly, agonizingly turned her focus towards the conversation whispered around her. At least they had a plan. Perhaps this would provide the distraction she so desperately needed. As she turned her head and shifted her weight to better listen, Kitty felt the presence of the ropes around her wrists and ankles. She remembered how some of the lambs would slip free of their leads, rushing off to be chased back again. Kitty tested the bonds around her wrists, trying to see if she can slip free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   24th January 2019, 8:56 am

DM wrote:
 Kitty tries her bonds!
Do they have the slightest bit of give?
--4
----4! man, the tiniest swirm is possible! Work it, and maybe it'll let you loose in a few hours!

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 4074
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   24th January 2019, 10:32 am


"Just, you know, wounded my pride," she responded to William quietly. She tugged at her bonds roughly, likely jostling Saphira in the process. She was still annoyed that they hadn't all attacked as a unit, especially when the terms had been made so clear from the start. Maybe if someone listened to her for once, they wouldn't be in this predicament. She listened to William's plan and nodded. "When you get back home, you better put a call out for their heads," she suggested to William in a whisper. "Personally, I'd like to see to the guy who captured me myself, but barring that, I'll take his head on a pike."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   24th January 2019, 5:43 pm


At least it was only her pride that was wounded, William reflected upon Shashka's response. Things could have gone much worse for her. For all of them. He waited it out, glancing to the sun's position for what felt like the hundredth time to re-ascertain their position and determine which way was south, so that when they escaped they didn't have to waste any time in figuring that out. Honestly escaping was risky - the chance that these people would not just hunt them down again was ridiculously low, and he doubted they'd be able to make a second attempt should this first fail; he reviewed his planned commands, trying to find another phrase or opportunity to exploit to somehow encourage them not to follow them, but with only being able to affect one person...

Shashka's whisper caught his attention, and he nodded. "There'll be an investigation, that I can assure you," he replied, intending to see that though if it was within his power after all this was over. 
DM wrote:
 Shashka tries her bonds!
Do they have the slightest bit of give?
--NO! 
Chick stabbed a dude, they've got her double roped. >C

 Saphira can go ahead and assume she's ALSO S.o.L. in the rope department if she tries!

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 4074
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   25th January 2019, 6:54 am



Shashka sighed, giving up on tugging on the ropes. It was pointless, they were tied much too tightly for her to break. She glanced at Saphira. "At least you took one of them down," she said, not meeting the girl's eye as she bestowed the rare compliment. "Anyway, look. You're good at talking. Can't you like, charm that idiot with your... feminine wiles, or whatever?" She glanced at Saphira's chest as she said it, raising her eyebrows in a suggestive manner, then tilting her head toward the guard. "You're not like, bad looking or anything. He might be into it?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9543
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Canada


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   25th January 2019, 9:45 am



She scowled as Shashka jostled her in an attempt to free herself, which didn't seem to be making a difference anyway. She was surprised, however, when the girl made a remark about her kill. That was... something, now that she thought about it. She'd stabbed someone in the neck and murdered them in cold blood. Her first... kill? Besides the bear? Sure, it was a bad guy who was trying to sell them to slavery and probably would kill them too, but... it wasn't exclusively self-defense. Surrender was an option that wouldn't cause her to die. Ergo, the murder was not necessary. Except for the whole trying not to get kidnapped bit.

She hadn't even thought of it like that. And she wasn't sure she should start now that they were still in danger. If she started to think too much about it and its ramifications... she might break, and now was not the time to break. Had this journey hardened her so much that killing a man didn't even shake her until she actually thought about it? Was that good or bad? These questions bothered her.

Frowning at Shashka's next suggestion, she resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "That's not the kind of talking I do. Besides, I doubt any of these are that stupid to fall for me suddenly putting the moves on them." She wasn't against doing it, on principle, because it could be useful, but one of their captives suddenly seducing them probably wouldn't fly well with these people.

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Mercury
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Sailor Mercury

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe
Posts : 6188
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Chicago


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   25th January 2019, 12:23 pm



She continued to slowly work at the ropes around her wrists, doing her best to add a little bit of slack. It wasn't much, but she wanted to work with it, and do whatever she could to add a bit more. If her hands were free, perhaps she could untie her ankles and then help the others. William intended that they would make a break for it, and she'd prefer to be as well-equipped to do so as possible. Kitty paid little attention to Shashka and Saphira's conversation—she almost felt as though she was eavesdropping, even though they were all clustered so close together that it was inevitable they would be privy to any discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   25th January 2019, 12:59 pm


Beside him, Shashka stopped her squirming around and addressed Saphira, voice low as not to catch attention. William considered dozing off for a bit to get as much strength built up as he could, but whatever he had been considering went immediately out the window when Shashka suggested Saphira attempt to charm the guards with her "feminine wiles". Bad idea! ... Because... then the guards might start thinking in a different way about her and the other girls, not - well it wasn't like - Well it wasn't necessary in any case. 

'That's not the kind of talking I do,' Saphira replied, and he relaxed a bit, though one brow furrowed at the response, recalling how she had flirted so openly with the Mayor's kid in Viachia when it suited her. "I'll handle it," he supplied before anything could be added to that subject. He looked over his shoulder at the guard again, the pair of them halfway turned to keep them in their sights even as they broke out laughing at some sort of drunken story. Should he target one of them, or try to get the leader over here again? ... Surely the leader wouldn't be too far into his cups, and if he would be the only one not drunk then he would have no choice but to target him or else the plan may not even get to play out. He whistled to get the guards' attention, then inclined his head to show he wanted them to come over. The pair looked at each other with a grimace, then played a quick hand game, the supposed loser of which lumbered over them with a sour expression. 

"What."

"I need to speak to your leader," he stated levelly, his expression level and gaze steady, easily shrugging into the mantle of confidence he had worn since he was a toddler.
DM wrote:
Let's roll to see if that worked~
--3
The man snorted, "No."

Slightly annoyed, he tried, "He's going to want to hear this."
DM wrote:
--1
"So?" the guard replied, unimpressed. He looked back towards the fire and started walking that way. 

"Wait," William called, leaning forward, frustrated, not wanting to resorting to using his trick - he'd need all three for the leader to be sure this worked and gave them their chance. This would've been much easier if they were anywhere else in the Kingdom, held by people who knew who he was an all that. The man paused, glancing back, "He's going to want to hear what I say. Get him for me and maybe you'll get a cut."
Quote :
--3
The man listened, then laughed, "Ask me again and maybe you'll get a cut," he said, cracking himself up towards the end. He started walking back towards the rest of the camp. 

Obviously this wasn't working. He could command him to get the leader, but he'd need to command the leader to take the first watch alone, and then command him to release them from their bonds, and then to... sleep? See if that worked, otherwise to sit still for... well however long he could get him to sit still. One less would mean they'd have to try to travel all bound up. He cleared his throat, hoping someone else would give it a try.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*
Posts : 4074
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 26
Location : USA


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   25th January 2019, 1:32 pm



"I don't know, they seem pretty stupid to me," she whispered to Saphira.

Shashka was surprised when William volunteered to take Saphira's place, but before she could ask what made the young prince think he would be capable of charming the rugged man, William was whistling the guard over. She raised an eyebrow at his boldness. He didn't seem the type but she was interested. How exactly does a Prince flirt? Her mind conjured up fancy ballroom dances with enormous cupcake-like dresses and lots of bowing. She imagined William in a pair of puffy, frilled shorts and white stockings, kowtowing to some high official and she found herself barely able to hold back a snigger.

William, it seemed, had other plans. Plans which didn't interest their guard, unfortunately. She decided that Saphira was just going to have to learn how to do that kind of talking on the fly. "Hey, guy, she's reeeeally into your biceps," she tried, motioning with her head to Saphira.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.
Posts : 13266
Join date : 2011-09-15
Age : 30
Location : NE Texas


PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] Star Catchers   25th January 2019, 3:38 pm

DM wrote:
The guard paused again when Shashka called out to him, half-turning to see whom she was pointing to.
--1

He scowled, the laughter at his previous joke dying on his lips, and, giving Saphira a dirty look, kept walking, muttering dark words beneath his breath.

___________________________



Super Awesome Space Museum//Kyra's RP's


Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
 

[HC Event] Star Catchers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Silver Millennium :: RPG Forums :: Free Form :: The Gates to the Multiverse-