The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Neptune's lack of character development

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slowpokeking
Star Seed

Star Seed

Sailor Neptune's lack of character development Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Neptune's lack of character development   Sailor Neptune's lack of character development I_icon_minitime10th September 2019, 9:51 pm

I mean, she probably is the most beautiful senshi to me. But I think she didn't have much characterization for being bound with Uranus.

The other senshi all have their own debut and usually a short story arc to have their character development or play a big part in the storyline when they show up. But she was bound with Uranus and obviously all the attention had went to her buddy. Their romance was also too tight, we don't see them have strong struggle or facing opposition against their romance. Like Mamoru and Sailor Moon had in the first arc.

She was set to be "the near perfect beautiful girl which everyone wants to be their girlfriend", but such character type usually needs very strong character specific opposition and challenge to push for her characterization, which she lacks of.

So it caused the lack of depth of her character. If she and Uranus wasn't already a "couple" in the beginning but let us see how they meet, have struggle and grow relationship, or let her having strong love-hate relationship with a charming villain like the Nephrite-Naru relationship, it would have been much better.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

Sailor Neptune's lack of character development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's lack of character development   Sailor Neptune's lack of character development I_icon_minitime16th September 2019, 6:23 pm

She actually has quite a few interesting moments in the Stars arc in the anime. I suggest rewatching that season Smile. But I agree it is hard sometimes to put enough attention on a character that is always in a relationship with someone. Bear in mind though that the relationship and the other person in it itself is part of what defines her... At least in my experience, that's how it plays out.

Sailor Neptune's lack of character development BcBCRaS

Avatar: CrystalBunny | Signature: Serenyve (premade)
“As they say, ‘It’s no use crying over spilt caviar!’”
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos

Sailor Neptune's lack of character development

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Sailor Moon Anime-