The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Sailor Moon Confession Time!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Daughter of Apollo

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 8:28 pm

My confessions include a pro and con.

Negative:

I've studied a decent amount of Classics (enough to write a thesis paper comparing Sailor Moon to Greek myth) for one aspect of Sailor Moon to bother me.

Naoko Takeuchi didn't exactly do her homework right with Sailor Pluto and Sailor Saturn. Pluto's Greek god equivalent is Hades, the god of destruction. Saturn's Greek god equivalent is Kronos, the god of time.

Complete power reversal. This was incredibly frustrating. I know the woman's brilliant. But... how did no one ever correct her???

Positive:

I adore the rainbow crystal arc from the anime. I know this doesn't exist in the manga nor in the live action adaptation but it's always been my favorite plot point in the series. I mean, as a little girl I thought the crystals were pretty. To this day whenever I see a traditionally cut gemstone, I ALWAYS think of the rainbow crystals.

Kasei ni Kawatte, Oshioki Yo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtTwelve34
sailorvixen
Pyramidal Crystal

sailorvixen

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 1:05 am

Hmm, I have a giant crush on Haruka Wink hehe
She's like my dream girl, personality wise. Which is strange but true!
Also, I love UsagixSeiya, I know Mamoru and Usagi are meant to be, but I think they were really cute in the anime.
I also like the idea of UsagixDiamande.
I wish Chibiusa was black lady for a while longer, she's my favourite villian and one of my favourite characters overall!

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 1322698128 s a i l o r _ V I X E N Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 1322698128
Back to top Go down
http://sailorvixen.tumblr.com
SailorBAMF
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorBAMF

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Her Royal Badass MF-er

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 6:35 am

@Reiko wrote:
My confessions include a pro and con.

Naoko Takeuchi didn't exactly do her homework right with Sailor Pluto and Sailor Saturn. Pluto's Greek god equivalent is Hades, the god of destruction. Saturn's Greek god equivalent is Kronos, the god of time.

Complete power reversal. This was incredibly frustrating. I know the woman's brilliant. But... how did no one ever correct her???

Here's an article about it, arguing that she did in fact do her homework, and that Sailor Poluto and Sailor Saturn were indeed in the correct roles. I think it's a very interesting article and puts a good deal in perspective.

http://www.genvid.com/diesgaudii/saturnpluto/new/index.html
Back to top Go down
http://phantasmicmuse.tumblr.com
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 12:49 pm

okay i have another confession, but it's so scary you might thought why I love Ami so much.

if you have seen it in Tumblr, then you really might want to see it better on here.

I am about to show you six pictures...

1999-2000
Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 110 Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 24510

2001-2002
Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 410 Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 09210

2003-2004
Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 510 Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 12110

There, my deepest secret revealed.
Back to top Go down
Lady Lucina
Lotus Crystal

Lady Lucina

Lotus Crystal

Title : Advisor to the Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 1:31 pm

Sailor Neptune is the most Mary-Sue senshi of the bunch imo.
But I still love her.

Dubbed Usagi and animated Mamoru suck.
Omg.
So bad.

I HATE hatehate the anime's ending season. It has it's ok parts, but I wish that they had stuck to the manga more. It had more...depth. Made more sense to me, personally.

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Pbucket
"Come, blessed Goddess, prudent, starry, bright, come moony-lamp with chaste and splendid light,
Shine on these sacred rites with prosp'rous rays, and pleas'd accept thy suppliant's mystic praise."

Orpheus

Back to top Go down
http://bunnyblushies.tumblr.com
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 3:24 pm

@SailorStarWind wrote:
@SailorBAMF wrote:
I think the whole Usagi x seiya thing was very much a real life situation. When I was away from my boyfriend for months another guy came out of nowhere abstruse to serenade me. Likeusagi, I should have stayed away but at the same time, when you're lonely and craving that kind of contact, you stick around. Well for me anyway.

I'm not justifying it, I just want to show that sailor moon reaches through to a lot of real life situations... Very Happy nothing is ever what it seems!

After I read your post, I just realized that the same thing happens in Twilight as in Sailor Moon... ^^; Now, I want to draw Seiya as a werewolf...

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Tumblr_lme0nbYH2U1qghq1ho1_500

the sixteen pages I dug through for this were totally worth it

My confessions: I hated Black Lady. I thought her outfit was poorly designed and I hate "so-and-so has turned evil" arcs (speaking of which, I didn't like Dark Sailor Mercury either).

While the manga is awesome, I don't enjoy it as much as the anime. I think it moves too fast and doesn't concentrate enough on characters who aren't named Usagi. The anime definitely had way too much filler, but at least it fleshed out its characters.
Back to top Go down
http://ellapamyupamyu.tumblr.com
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 3:28 pm

Ella, that picture is incredible. Thank you.

DEAD ACCOUNT. Left anime fandom to study. It was fun, guys. Smile Hope things go well for you.
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 4:36 pm

@SailorBAMF wrote:
Here's an article about it, arguing that she did in fact do her homework, and that Sailor Poluto and Sailor Saturn were indeed in the correct roles. I think it's a very interesting article and puts a good deal in perspective.

She might've put more thought into the roles than I initially suspected but I don't think it's fair to say that they are the "correct roles" because even if you can qualify her reasoning, the flaws are still very much present. Though, I will qualify overlooking her character liberties before. Mercury's power honestly just comes from no where but I always accepted it because her sharp intellect was just as much as a strength; also, her Aqua Rhapsody was a nice tribute to Hermes' invention of the lyre. And with Mars, I always saw fire as a symbol of war. I suppose we can go back and forth arguing this, but it doesn't change that I'm still greatly annoyed by the change.

Back to top Go down
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 5:10 pm

@Reiko wrote:
@SailorBAMF wrote:

She might've put more thought into the roles than I initially suspected but I don't think it's fair to say that they are the "correct roles" because even if you can qualify her reasoning, the flaws are still very much present. Though, I will qualify overlooking her character liberties before. Mercury's power honestly just comes from no where but I always accepted it because her sharp intellect was just as much as a strength; also, her Aqua Rhapsody was a nice tribute to Hermes' invention of the lyre. And with Mars, I always saw fire as a symbol of war. I suppose we can go back and forth arguing this, but it doesn't change that I'm still greatly annoyed by the change.

I agree. While the article- which ALWAYS ends up posting in discussions like this- does partially explain it, it seems to be more well-researched but strained apologetics to excuse what might just as easily have been a mistake of Takeuchi's part. I've heard somewhere that she planned on making the series shorter; it's possible that after she decided to lengthen it, the role and persona of Pluto were already defined (the kind-hearted time guardian!) and she couldn't be transformed into the "bad guy" without ravaging her character.

It's also possible that Takeuchi wasn't referencing Greek mythology as directly as Christian beliefs for that arc (although she kind of mangled them): "Saturn" in Japanese is only one lengthened-vowel-sound from "Satan" which is also spelled in the same katakana characters; you just have to hold the "a" a split-second longer to differentiate between the two. Since Serenity is referenced as a Messianic figure in S, it makes sense that her antithesis would be a reference to the Satanic anti-Christ. It's stretched and not at all true to Christian beliefs, BUT the references are obviously there- even in little things like the Holy Grail and a reference to time ending to contain the evil (time ends midway through the book of Revelation, as an angel vows it.) It seems to me that Takeuchi wanted to keep the planetary theme, but forcibly mingled it with a twist of Christian eschatological beliefs, relying heavily on a pun on Saturn's name to tie the two. The problem with the article is that it relies on Greco-Roman beliefs in its apologetics, whereas Takeuchi made numerous overt references to Christianity and Christian terminology within the S story arc. "S" wasn't meant to be interpreted using sheerly ancient pagan mythology; the author's own terms and storylines make that clear. She also borrows from Shintou myths (Princess Kaguya) and Chinese myths (the Weaver, which later on became a Japanese loan tale. Western fans tend to focus SOLELY upon Rome for her inspiration, but Takeuchi drew from many sources, using Greco-Roman beliefs only as a starting point and rough guideline.

DEAD ACCOUNT. Left anime fandom to study. It was fun, guys. Smile Hope things go well for you.
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 5:59 pm

@SailorStarWind wrote:
I agree. While the article- which ALWAYS ends up posting in discussions like this- does partially explain it, it seems to be more well-researched but strained apologetics to excuse what might just as easily have been a mistake of Takeuchi's part. I've heard somewhere that she planned on making the series shorter; it's possible that after she decided to lengthen it, the role and persona of Pluto were already defined (the kind-hearted time guardian!) and she couldn't be transformed into the "bad guy" without ravaging her character.

It's also possible that Takeuchi wasn't referencing Greek mythology as directly as Christian beliefs for that arc (although she kind of mangled them): "Saturn" in Japanese is only one lengthened-vowel-sound from "Satan" which is also spelled in the same katakana characters; you just have to hold the "a" a split-second longer to differentiate between the two. Since Serenity is referenced as a Messianic figure in S, it makes sense that her antithesis would be a reference to the Satanic anti-Christ. It's stretched and not at all true to Christian beliefs, BUT the references are obviously there- even in little things like the Holy Grail and a reference to time ending to contain the evil (time ends midway through the book of Revelation, as an angel vows it.) It seems to me that Takeuchi wanted to keep the planetary theme, but forcibly mingled it with a twist of Christian eschatological beliefs, relying heavily on a pun on Saturn's name to tie the two. The problem with the article is that it relies on Greco-Roman beliefs in its apologetics, whereas Takeuchi made numerous overt references to Christianity and Christian terminology within the S story arc. "S" wasn't meant to be interpreted using sheerly ancient pagan mythology; the author's own terms and storylines make that clear. She also borrows from Shintou myths (Princess Kaguya) and Chinese myths (the Weaver, which later on became a Japanese loan tale. Western fans tend to focus SOLELY upon Rome for her inspiration, but Takeuchi drew from many sources, using Greco-Roman beliefs only as a starting point and rough guideline.

Those are very good points to consider. Also, I primarily watched the english dub which is pretty much a 3rd hand source. You go from Japanese Manga to Japanese Anime to American-dubbed Anime so I bet a lot of that is lost in translation.

Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2011, 6:55 pm

Quote :
While the manga is awesome, I don't enjoy it as
much as the anime. I think it moves too fast and doesn't concentrate
enough on characters who aren't named Usagi. The anime definitely had
way too much filler, but at least it fleshed out its characters.

*Gives you the thumbs up* I agree with you 100% I was annoyed that the manga's story moved fast. I hated that in the fist arch of the manga that first four soldiers were found very quickly. I liked how in the anime Usgai had some time to herself before she met Ami. Also hated that main villains' lackeys were killed off so quickly in the manga verus in the anime they got more screen time and some of them even turned good.

Here are some Confessions:

I like the anime star arch better than the manga's version. Here is my reason is people weren't killed off right away. All the soldiers make it to final battle and I love how Uranus and Neptune joined Galaxia. Also in the end you see that the Starlights and the cats make it back okay ^^ Though I did wish Sailor Cosmo was featured in the anime.

I hate Chibi Usa's name, Princess Usagi Small Lady Serenity. I felt like Naoko ran out of ideas for names and decided to name her after her mother. I know some people are name after their parents and most of them go by their middle names. If I was Chibi Usa I would get a name change because there is no way I would like to be called Small Lady. I'm 5 foot and being short can be annoying.

I also hate the fact that Usgai can only have one kid and it has to be a girl. Did Naoko ever explained why Usgai could only give birth to one child?

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 2393257330 formally Yamichan16 Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 2393257330  
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
arashi
Star Seed

arashi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2011, 9:44 pm

My first crush was totally Tuxedo Mask.

When I was 16 or so I used to sleep with the Crescent Moon Wand under my pillow. If I had a nightmare I would wake up and hold it to make myself feel better.

At 31, I have the talking Luna from PGSM on my bed. (Along with a big Mokona from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/Magic Knight Rayearth).
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollowmoon.net http://tsukimatsuri.tumblr.com http://skelly-jelly.deviantart.com
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 12:36 am

Yamichan16 wrote:

I like the anime star arch better than the manga's version. Here is my reason is people weren't killed off right away. All the soldiers make it to final battle and I love how Uranus and Neptune joined Galaxia. Also in the end you see that the Starlights and the cats make it back okay ^^ Though I did wish Sailor Cosmo was featured in the anime.
I'm not going to go so far as to say I like one better than the other (both versions have awesome things that set them apart to the point that I can't even compare them), but I agree with a lot of this. I hated how in the manga's R and Stars, the first thing that happens is "LOL THERE GO THE INNER SENSHI" and I'm like "AGHHH, YOU GUYS WILL NEVER GET DEVELOPMENT"

But at least they each got a little chapter in SuperS.

Anyway this is barely even on topic anymore, so imma stop here.
Back to top Go down
Niveouslily
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : All the wrong shades, on the right page

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 4:22 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
[quote
I hate Chibi Usa's name, Princess Usagi Small Lady Serenity. I felt like Naoko ran out of ideas for names and decided to name her after her mother. I know some people are name after their parents and most of them go by their middle names. If I was Chibi Usa I would get a name change because there is no way I would like to be called Small Lady. I'm 5 foot and being short can be annoying.

I also hate the fact that Usgai can only have one kid and it has to be a girl. Did Naoko ever explained why Usgai could only give birth to one child?

Actualy the fact they had the same name was a good plot devise in the beggining of R. Suddenly a kid who looks like Usagi came out of nowhere..and her name is Usagi Tsukino. lol Also Serenity is the name of the previous queen, I think it`s like a tradition+it happened a lot in royal families. And Chibiusa`s named Small Lady because she is stilll not a grown up, not because she`s small (only when she is named Chibi it`s an insult to her height lol)
I also think Usagi had only girls because only girls can become Sailor Soldiers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pinksugarheart.tumblr.com
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 10:57 am

@Ella wrote:
While the manga is awesome, I don't enjoy it as much as the anime. I think it moves too fast and doesn't concentrate enough on characters who aren't named Usagi. The anime definitely had way too much filler, but at least it fleshed out its characters.

I don't really prefer one version over the other, but I will agree with 100%. It annoys me when people argue the manga is vastly superior without giving any reasoning. I always felt Takeuchi excelled in storylines, plots, and the like, but struggled with characterization. We really don't get much of a feel for most of the characters, whereas in the anime, while there may be a bunch of filler, at least they all contain some form of characterization. I felt the characters besides Usagi and Chibiusa didn't get the development they needed.

@Ella wrote:
Yamichan16 wrote:

I'm not going to go so far as to say I like one better than the other (both versions have awesome things that set them apart to the point that I can't even compare them), but I agree with a lot of this. I hated how in the manga's R and Stars, the first thing that happens is "LOL THERE GO THE INNER SENSHI" and I'm like "AGHHH, YOU GUYS WILL NEVER GET DEVELOPMENT"

But at least they each got a little chapter in SuperS.

Anyway this is barely even on topic anymore, so imma stop here.

I completely agree! I cannot choose one over the other, as they can't really be compared.

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Sigrequest1copy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Nighty

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 11:26 am

I'm 25 and Haruka is still my ideal. Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 4039879955 I wish I could be as strong, both physically and mindly, beautiful and charismatic as her. And I wish I had my own Michiru to complete the dream.
Back to top Go down
http://ignis-divine.org
SailorBAMF
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorBAMF

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 2:58 pm

@Sailor Night wrote:
I'm 25 and Haruka is still my ideal. Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 4039879955 I wish I could be as strong, both physically and mindly, beautiful and charismatic as her. And I wish I had my own Michiru to complete the dream.

Haha, sometimes I think Michiru and Haruka are a better couple than MamxUsagi...

Actually.... Maybe always I think that....
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 11:34 pm

I have just a few tiny ones, ish.

#1. Totally had the hugest crush on Darien as a kid (still kinda do). I definitely envisioned my ideal guy after him for the longest time when it came to looks. I refused to date blonde guys for the longest time too Razz

#2. I always feel like Sailor Moon is my own personal little secret... I don't like sharing it with anyone I feel will judge it..

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Nqs_ke10Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 IZgnUMZ Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 9cSvZlY

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 RGoJoD8

Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
SailorBAMF
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorBAMF

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2011, 7:08 am

Lady Galaxia wrote:
#1. Totally had the hugest crush on Darien as a kid (still kinda do). I definitely envisioned my ideal guy after him for the longest time when it came to looks. I refused to date blonde guys for the longest time too Razz

THIS. I have never dated a blonde guy because of Sailor Moon, hahahahhahaha.
Back to top Go down
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2011, 12:43 am

YESSS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR CONFESSIONS.

Confession #1: I love Mamoru in any incarnation, in any version of Sailor Moon, whether it be anime, manga, PGSM, purple, blue, yellow, etc.
and always in the anime I will think that he went to college early and that he is not actually as old as many fans think he is. (but of course that's my headcanon, but it works? haha)

Confession #2: I don't see anyone with Seiya besides Kakyuu. Like that's it. Ever since I've watched Stars. And it got kind of annoying. I'm just sitting and watching, waiting for the fireball princess to come and all of a sudden its like "OMG ODANGO <3<3<3" ummm WHAT.

Confession#3: Chibi Chibi is honestly the only thing that gets me through Stars. Between the combo of sadness that the show is ending and the fact that the Starlights are annoying me so much, I'm like FINALLY a character I like.

Confession #4: I LOVE CHIBIUSA. She does troll quite a bit, but she reminds me of myself when I was younger. Very stubborn and rebellious, but just looking for her place in the world as well.

Confession #5: I LOVE SuperS with all my heart and soul. Circus Theme, the Amazons, the MUSIC, the romance, that episode where Mamoru buys Usagi the designer clothes, the finale, HELIOS....AHHHHHHHHH

okay I'm done.

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Twmfsiggy
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th July 2011, 9:34 pm

another confession!

When the manga was still being sold in the US I got vol 7 which has the end of the R arch and the beginning of the S arch. I was really confused to why the ending of the R arch was different in the manga than in the anime. Of course at time I had idea what manga and anime was XD (I was a kid). I was also confused about why they're were calling Sailor Moon Bunny.

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 2393257330 formally Yamichan16 Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 2393257330  
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 2:59 am

Here's a confession:

I'm sick and tired of the homophobia and transphobia that exists in some fandom circles. I've seen more of it in this fandom than I would have expected, since two of the main characters are lesbians.

I've seen fans come right out and say that they don't like Haruka because she's too "masculine" and that intimidates them (what), or that they're offended by good guys being gay (double what). It's true that those fans are in the minority, but nothing makes me RAAAAAGE like comments like that.
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 7:03 am

@Rachael wrote:
Here's a confession:

I'm sick and tired of the homophobia and transphobia that exists in some fandom circles. I've seen more of it in this fandom than I would have expected, since two of the main characters are lesbians.

I've seen fans come right out and say that they don't like Haruka because she's too "masculine" and that intimidates them (what), or that they're offended by good guys being gay (double what). It's true that those fans are in the minority, but nothing makes me RAAAAAGE like comments like that.

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 23krrrq

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Neptunesummersig_zpsvjsnonmh
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 10:04 am

@arashi wrote:

Ditto. And even to this day I have a huge thing for dark haired guys with blue eyes. Though, that can also be attributed to my Superman complex XD

@Sailor Cosmos wrote:
We really don't get much of a feel for most of the characters, whereas in the anime, while there may be a bunch of filler, at least they all contain some form of characterization. I felt the characters besides Usagi and Chibiusa didn't get the development they needed.

Agreed. I'm not saying the character development is all around great in the anime (because some characters are still overlooked. Mamoru, Ami, Makoto, anyone?) but some characters receive wonderful development--characters like Rei and Haruka.

Confession: This is related to the above post, sometimes I think my favorite senshi is Rei simply because she has some of the best development in the show.

Confession2: Whenever Usagi becomes Princess Serenity (especially in the English dub), I like to think she's not only channeling her past life, but it kind of being possessed by it. And that concept is just the coolest thing to me. The idea of having a destiny is kind of iffy with some people because they disagree with predestination. However, Sailor Moon makes it so your destiny is to be all you can be. I love that. It's such a positive twist.

Back to top Go down
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 12:42 pm

This is more of a fandom confession- it annoys me when people say that Crystal Tokyo is an evil dictatorship just because Usagi's ruling the entire Earth xD I can see why it would have those implications in real life, but it's not. Sailor Moon is a totally different universe. And even if it was real life, can't people accept that the future is full of longevity and fabulous crystal-themed interior design?!

Also, I thought the Naru/Umino pairing was... kind of awkward? I mean, she went from the most gorgeous of the Shitennou to THAT. I know that sounds really shallow, but it's not like his personality is that great either :c He was really annoying and even kind of sexist a lot of the time.

My Tumblr || Ask Badly Drawn Sailor Senshi
Back to top Go down
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Nighty

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 1:38 pm

@Ella wrote:
And even if it was real life, can't people accept that the future is full of longevity and fabulous crystal-themed interior design?!

Totally with you here. I'd take this kind of future ANYTIME.
Back to top Go down
http://ignis-divine.org
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 1:51 pm

@Reiko wrote:
@arashi wrote:

Agreed. I'm not saying the character development is all around great in the anime (because some characters are still overlooked. Mamoru, Ami, Makoto, anyone?) but some characters receive wonderful development--characters like Rei and Haruka.

I think you forgot that Ami got her own special. >.> But i agree with the other sentiments. Mamoru's only development was the R movie and well, it was still kind of lacking there too.

Confession: I could never bring myself to having a crush for Tuxedo Mask because I knew that that was Sailor Moon's man and I just couldn't take that away from her. (Also I think i was crushing too hard on Trunks from DBZ to notice anyone else).

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 20988_vSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 20988_sSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 36226_v
Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Et1bWu6Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 UYgdPZBSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 IYzEL7Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Zm82bZISailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Fph3eELSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 AwbCmiFSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 7UeDrPrSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 J3LPkpESailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 SA1eBrSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 WHso3iSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Z9nJOOhSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 VdeecePSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 TfS1i3GSailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 XM3t1u
Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 4:45 pm

This kinda goes with Rachael's post. I hate it when people in the fandom think just because you refer to the Three Lights using masculine instead of feminine pronouns or feminine instead of masculine pronouns, it means you're an offensive bigot. Just because you call Seiya he instead of she or she instead of he, it doesn't mean your anti-trans. Seriously.

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Sigrequest1copy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Morpheus
Pyramidal Crystal

Morpheus

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kat's fine, too

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 5:10 pm

Embarrassing confessing: As a kid, Usagi was my imaginary friend. And I was her sister. And I was Sailor Vegeta.

Unpopular Confession: Stars has and always will be my least favorite of anime seasons (if we ignored the Ail/Ann R arc, in which case THAT is my least favorite). I don't hate it but at the same time I didn't love it. And no, it wasn't because of the Starlight because I do like their characters. For me it just wasn't...I dunno...dark enough ? The Stars manga still manages to blow my mind, so maybe it's that that's taking it away from me. I dunno guys. I'm just really not into it.

Another Confession: Tuxedo Mask use to be in my harem along side Goku, Vegeta, Batman, Gene Starwind. Kenshin, Aladdin, and Prince Philip.

Last Confession: I hate the rage Chibi Usa gets in the fandom. I understand if you don't like her as a character, because I didn't like her either when I was young, but the HATE she gets is really abusive some times and uncalled for. I've seen a lot of fandom hate over the years, but Chibi Usa has probably the highest. I'm not outing those who dislike her, I'm just saying that she's not A HELL SPAWN, especially when you look at her from all media sides.

ADDED Confession: Sorry everyone, but I am not a fan of Chibi Chibi. Cosmos, yes. The idea that she hide AS Chibi Chibi; fine. Chibi Chibi, no. I'm sorry. If there was anything as TOO much cute, it was her. Again, in the manga she was okay because she was able to talk. But in the anime I didn't find her cute. I didn't find her background shocking. I just found her too be, for lack of a better word, annoying and boring. Please don't shoot me down now!

And to Cosmos' post: I do call the Starlights 'he' out of habit. I recognize them as females but sadly I was introduced to them by my sister as MALES when I was a kid and it's been done on reflex ever since. Actually, I have a habit of referring to Yaten as a 'she' more times then Seiya and Taiki. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 6:32 pm

@Morpheus wrote:

Unpopular Confession: Stars has and always will be my least favorite of anime seasons (if we ignored the Ail/Ann R arc, in which case THAT is my least favorite). I don't hate it but at the same time I didn't love it. And no, it wasn't because of the Starlight because I do like their characters. For me it just wasn't...I dunno...dark enough ? The Stars manga still manages to blow my mind, so maybe it's that that's taking it away from me. I dunno guys. I'm just really not into it.

I totally agree with this. I always felt like Stars in the anime lacked as a perfect finale to Sailor Moon. I personally feel like the Classic and S seasons were way more dramatic and emotional. Stars had the emotion, but it was so forced in my opinion. (Actually I think everything was forced in the Stars anime, haha)

Sailor Moon Confession Time! - Page 2 Twmfsiggy
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee

Sailor Moon Confession Time!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: General Sailor Moon Discussion-