View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
temperance
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Wanderer in the Midnight Sun

PostSubject: Hello!   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 19:54

Hey everyone!

I have an ongoing on and off affair with Sailor Moon stuff, usually kept alive through rpgs (despite how quickly Sailor Moon rps tend to die!). I've been a fan since it was on TV back in the 90s, and remember vaguely when you could buy Sailor Moon merchandise in mainstream stores. (I used to have this Sailor Moon alarm clock that blared the opening theme).

I love making otaku senshi and my usual genre for rpgs is AU - where you make completely original characters and retell the stories from the beginning or with an entirely different twist on them. I never feel as if I can do the original characters justice when I play them (but that goes for all fandoms - lotta respect for the writers who can keep true to the characters and make it fun).

I also love playing old snes sailor moon games. Where normally I don't play side-scrolling street fighter-esque games or mortal combat style fighting games, I loved the Sailor Moon versions on those. The puzzle games are also awesome, but my favorite is Sailor Moon: Another Story. I'm a sucker for old school rpgs like that.

About me, I'm 23 and study psychology at the local university. I love reading, and am trying to get back into the writing part (it's an input/output process, when balanced at its highest efficiency). Some side interests, I'm trying to learn how to cook from scratch and make all my own meals (tho I was raised on frozen foods or other semi-instant noms, like noodles). I also like Norse mythology (tho I have yet to see Thor), I'm a bit of a comic geek, and probably spend way too much time browsing the net for new anime/manga.

Pleased to meet you all! On a closing note, my favorite Inner Senshi is Sailor Jupiter and my favorite Outer is Sailor Pluto! I think the Sailor Stars get a little too much flack (especially Maker) and I'm not really a fan of the Sailor Quartet. ^_^
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 19:58

hi!! I like the snes games too XP I have them dl'ed on my computer! The one you mention I have and played it religiously for a while. It's so adorable!! I used to love Jupiter as a child I think for I had a Sailor Jupiter doll. Where she went, I will never know, but I stole my sister's Sailor Moon doll and she is on my shelf now. XD

A World Without Haruka? Let it Burn.
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
temperance
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 20:01

Sadly, I don't have much in the way of Sailor Moon merchandise. Or much anime merch in general... We have an anime con up here, but I keep missing it! Though I've seen what friends bring back, and I'm always sorry I don't go... Next year *shakes fist*
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 20:08

Welcome to the forum, dearie! Very Happy

I used to be a Psychology major! What are your favorite areas? Very Happy

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
temperance
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 20:16

Hi Sailor Jupiter,

I had a question about avatars, do I need to contact to you for the first one or just the ones after that?

My favorite areas of psychology include mindfulness (using meditation and awareness as a means of coping with stresses - it's really a practical interest as much as a professional one), military psychology or the psychological effects of the wars were in on people returning and how best to support them, and general abnormal psychology, particularly with regards to the kinds of medications people use. Understanding the chemical make up and how to manipulate is dangerous and complicated, and I wonder how many people really understand the pills they're taking. However, sometimes the need for relief is too great or even comprehension may be impossible, depending on what you're dealing with. Regardless, I've got a long way to go.

What do you study now? I used to be a social work major, but it was... depressing.
Back to top Go down
serenityandroses
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : The Mute Medic

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 20:26

Welcome! It's nice to see people our age here! It's awesome! I think my friend had that same clock!

If you ever want to RP, let me know. I'm always game for a good plot!

Back to top Go down
temperance
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 20:44

serenityandroses wrote:
Welcome! It's nice to see people our age here! It's awesome! I think my friend had that same clock!

What kind of stuff do you like to rp?
Back to top Go down
serenityandroses
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : The Mute Medic

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 20:54

temperance wrote:
serenityandroses wrote:

What kind of stuff do you like to rp?

I RP anything! I love coming up with new ideas, playing out scenes. I'm not all that picky about it.

Back to top Go down
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Tue 16 Aug 2011 - 1:42

Hi, fellow far-north person! Very Happy Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Tue 16 Aug 2011 - 18:33

You are allowed to choose your first avatar, it is only after that one that you must contact me. Smile

Goodness, those interests sound so fascinating! I confess that I left the Psych department before I could get that specified. But yes, those truly sound incredible. It is quite useful now to be interested in the effects of military repercussions, it was not something so focused on when I was studying. It really pertains to what is happening now though. I personally always loved abnormal psych. especially this one disorder that I can not remember the term for. Razz It has to do with the brain controlling an area of the body due to a traumatic event (aka, a person going blind although there is nothing physically causing it). The power of the brain always fascinates me.

And I am a Master of Fine Arts student now. Smile I can see how social work would be incredibly depressing. I could not handle it.

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
temperance
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Tue 16 Aug 2011 - 20:48

@Toft - Hello! Pleased to meet you ^_^

@Jupiter - I believe those are somatoform disorders - they're psychologically rooted but manifest with real physical symptoms, even though there may be nothing wrong with the body. There may be a more specific word for what you're describing, but that's the general term. That's pretty cool that you have your Master's degree. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Tue 16 Aug 2011 - 23:31

temperance wrote:
@Toft - Hello! Pleased to meet you ^_^

@Jupiter - I believe those are somatoform disorders - they're psychologically rooted but manifest with real physical symptoms, even though there may be nothing wrong with the body. There may be a more specific word for what you're describing, but that's the general term. That's pretty cool that you have your Master's degree. Congrats!

Yes, that is exactly it! Very Happy Thank you!

[Isshou-ni.net]
Back to top Go down
electricBonBon
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 10:34

temperance wrote:
I'm 23 and study psychology at the local university.

That's something I'd like to study, too!

Welcome and have a lot of fun here! (:

"You can spend the rest of your life with me, but I can't spend the rest of mine with you. I have to live on. Alone. That's the curse of the Time Lords."
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 18:39

Welcome Welcome!! <3 We have already spoken... but I just wanted to say hi there too!

I remember going into the Sanrio (the people who originally owned Hello Kitty) and getting Sailor Moon stuff there! I still pop into them every now and then just to see >.>

Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/

Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Basic Stops of GC :: Introductions-