HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Manga StarS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 12:53 pm

Inconsistency and contradicting events in the manga.

Posy all the inconsistencies you can find.

It seems like there is always a debate on what happened during manga moments because like most manga, the events are sometimes vague and with Sailor Moon, it's a very common phenomenon but it also seems like Naoko unintentionally created inconsistencies because somethings just don't make sense.

Post yours.

Here's one that's recently sparked some confusion.

Luna, Artemis and Diana and their fate in the StarS saga.

Here we have Luna, Artemis and Diana. Safe on earth in the care of Ikuko, then smiling meowing kitties in the depth of the river, clear across the galaxy. This is one of many inconsistences in the manga. It seems to clearly be a vision, as the cats are smiling and meowing like normal, not something Luna, Artemis and Diana would actually do thus why it seems more like a vision.

Everyone's bodies are disappearing in the 30th century and Chibiusa has the same vision Usagi has. Seems more like Chibiusa is connected to Usagi and is sharing her vision because of fate/destiny/what have you, and the bodies disappearing is for telling a the future is in jeopardy and so Chibiusa goes to the past.

Another inconsistency. The senshi already died, but their bodies are just now disappearing? Where as Luna and Artemis and diana are alive and their bodies disappear at the same time? Seems more like the whole reason their bodies disappear has not so much to do with their deaths but with the unstable outcome of the future because of Chaos.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 1:10 pm

Now that you posted those panels, it seems likely that the cats being killed were a mere illusion. But I definitely need to re-read those acts again, since there are a few things I can't remember that well

And what I was saying about Seiya being in love with Usagi in the other thread, it's showed here. In some way at least.

Spoiler:
 

Not sure who said it though, could be Yaten or Taiki.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 1:16 pm

Aah I see Very Happy

I never denied that he cared for her, I just feel that the anime made a bigger deal about it than the manga did.

In my opinion, Seiya doesn't push for a relationship in the manga because he knows she can't accept him, whereas in the anime he doesn't care that she's taken, he's going to push for it anyway^^ I like his determination and forwardness in the anime better.

I do kind of feel like Haruka does love Usagi in a romantic way though, although not as much as she loves Michiru. I get the feeling that a few of the senshi have not so platonic or just friendship feelings among each other.

They just don't really push for more, and simply accept things as they are.

I know it's usually the anime that gets a reboot, but wouldn't it be cool if Naoko hadn't just redid the covers, but redid the entire manga?
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 1:45 pm

Ah sure, the anime made such a big deal about it. But that's actually one of my favorite things about StarS in the anime, otherwise it would be unbearable to watch. Not my favorite season as you can see Though I kind of like his determination too, I think he was a bit too pushy about it, especially if you consider that it's obvious that Usagi is still in love with Mamoru, despite the fact that she wasn't getting any response from him (which I find extremely funny, I mean, the poor man was DEAD XD) I have a strange sense of humor.

About Haruka...well, I do still believe that her feelings are more of a devotion thing rather than romantic. She already has Michiru, she just have this need of protecting her Princess and I think that out of the senshis (sp?), she's the one who cares the most about Usagi. But the way you care about a sister, not a lover.

Yes! That would be cool, maybe not the entire manga but some parts that remain unclear so far. StarS ending for example. How Crystal Tokyo was created and maybe making ChibiUsa a bit less annoying at first.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 2:06 pm

I actually prefer Seiya and Usagi in the anime then Usagi and Mamoru in the anime. Manga wise this is reversed.

I came to the opinuion about Haruka because of how she thinks about Usagi and because she kisses her and tries to kiss her another time as well.

I think that it was clear that Crystal Tokyo would be made and the future was saved. We know it happens when Usagi is 21 or 22 but how it was created would be nice to know. ( To be honest I gew to like that Chibiusa was annoying at first. I realized she's a tsundere^^)

I do like some things to be unclear, because it makes writing fanfiction more fun but that's just me.

I'd like some of the inconsistency that appeared throughout the manga to be fixed though.

Like how Diana says that Chibiusa's Pink Moon Crystal is the new and/or changed Ginzuishou or something like that but then later we see there are three different crystals, meaning the Pink Moon Crystal is it's own crystal and not a different version of the Ginzuishou. this was one of the inconsistancies.

This happens with some writers though. I've done it myself.

One chapter I could say that Usagi was wearing a pink dress and she was 16 and then the next I could forget that she was wearing the pink dress and her age and say she's wearing jeans and she's 14. It's just errors that happen when some details are forgotten :/
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-02-03
Age : 30
Location : Long Island, NY


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 2:49 pm

Thank you for showing that the cats being killed were merely an illusion, thanks for sharing! Btw, by the time that Usagi would be 21/22-yrs-old Crystal Tokyo will take place? Isn't it thousands of years into the future?! I don't understand that quite so well though. Makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 3:15 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
I actually prefer Seiya and Usagi in the anime then Usagi and Mamoru in the anime. Manga wise this is reversed.

I came to the opinuion about Haruka because of how she thinks about Usagi and because she kisses her and tries to kiss her another time as well.

I think that it was clear that Crystal Tokyo would be made and the future was saved. We know it happens when Usagi is 21 or 22 but how it was created would be nice to know. ( To be honest I gew to like that Chibiusa was annoying at first. I realized she's a tsundere^^)

I do like some things to be unclear, because it makes writing fanfiction more fun but that's just me.

I'd like some of the inconsistency that appeared throughout the manga to be fixed though.

Like how Diana says that Chibiusa's Pink Moon Crystal is the new and/or changed Ginzuishou or something like that but then later we see there are three different crystals, meaning the Pink Moon Crystal is it's own crystal and not a different version of the Ginzuishou. this was one of the inconsistancies.

This happens with some writers though. I've done it myself.

One chapter I could say that Usagi was wearing a pink dress and she was 16 and then the next I could forget that she was wearing the pink dress and her age and say she's wearing jeans and she's 14. It's just errors that happen when some details are forgotten :/

I still prefer Mamoru and Usagi in the anime as well, though Seiya it's such a charm I feel like I'm betrying Mamo-chan :bunnynarroweye And I know what you mean about Haruka, at first I thought the same about her feelings but later on I just realized it was a different kind of love ^^

And I like the mystery but not so much the unclear things, it might be due to the fact that I'm not so fond of fanfiction and that I prefer canon things <3 Though you're right about the Pink Moon Crystal, I thought that it was a future version of the Ginzuishou too, which is still plausible if you think about it. It's true that Naoko probably forgot some things on the way Razz

Also, wasn't to soon for Crystal Tokyo to be created when Usagi's around her earlier twenties? As HandsomeSoldier I was given the impression that it happens thousands of years later in the future.
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed


Star Seed

Posts : 246
Join date : 2013-02-03
Age : 30
Location : Long Island, NY


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 3:32 pm

^ So did I! That doesn't make sense... Maybe 22 yrs old when she's reincarnated I can see that but not in present-day. That's ridiculous! Sorry... just doesn't sound right for a storyline.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 3:42 pm

Quote :
Thank you for showing that the cats being killed were merely an illusion, thanks for sharing! Btw, by the time that Usagi would be 21/22-yrs-old Crystal Tokyo will take place? Isn't it thousands of years into the future?! I don't understand that quite so well though. Makes no sense to me.

In the manga, it says around the time Usagi is 21 or 22 I forget which exactly, they ascend the throne together. No tragedy is stated to have happened to cause them to take the throne

In the anime Crystal Tokyo is implied to happen many years into the future, and it's stated a great tragedy happens and then Neo Queen Serenity saves the earth and thats how Crystal Tokyo was created and how they took the throne^^

I prefer the manga version because Earth was never Usagi's to rule, it was always Mamoru's planet, and they come to the throne mutually instead of the anime where it's just assumed the kingdom is solely because Usagi saved the earth.

Mamoru is the prince of Earth, it's always been his to rule from the get go.


Quote :
I still prefer Mamoru and Usagi in the anime as well, though Seiya it's such a charm I feel like I'm betrying Mamo-chan And I know what you mean about Haruka, at first I thought the same about her feelings but later on I just realized it was a different kind of love ^^

And I like the mystery but not so much the unclear things, it might be due to the fact that I'm not so fond of fanfiction and that I prefer canon things <3 Though you're right about the Pink Moon Crystal, I thought that it was a future version of the Ginzuishou too, which is still plausible if you think about it. It's true that Naoko probably forgot some things on the way

Also, wasn't to soon for Crystal Tokyo to be created when Usagi's around her earlier twenties? As HandsomeSoldier I was given the impression that it happens thousands of years later in the future.

I'd say you can still use the Ginzuishou as a base for the Pink Moon Crystal, but that wouldn't make much sense since the Ginzuishou and Pink Moon Crystal exist seperately as two different crystals. Venus is holding the future Ginzuishou when Chibiusa's crystal was formed.

Also, at the end of the manga USagi has two glows from separate starseeds(Senshi crystals since both of them are senshi) meaning one glow is from her Ginzuishou and the other his Chibiusa's.

It's an inconsistency but it leads more to Chibiusa having her own individual power.

To connect the two, a headcanon could be explained as the Pink Moon being born from the Ginzuishou in the way that Chibiusa is born from Neo Queen Serenity.

Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 4:49 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Quote :
Thank you for showing that the cats being killed were merely an illusion, thanks for sharing! Btw, by the time that Usagi would be 21/22-yrs-old Crystal Tokyo will take place? Isn't it thousands of years into the future?! I don't understand that quite so well though. Makes no sense to me.

In the manga, it says around the time Usagi is 21 or 22 I forget which exactly, they ascend the throne together. No tragedy is stated to have happened to cause them to take the throne

In the anime Crystal Tokyo is implied to happen many years into the future, and it's stated a great tragedy happens and then Neo Queen Serenity saves the earth and thats how Crystal Tokyo was created and how they took the throne^^

I prefer the manga version because Earth was never Usagi's to rule, it was always Mamoru's planet, and they come to the throne mutually instead of the anime where it's just assumed the kingdom is solely because Usagi saved the earth.

Mamoru is the prince of Earth, it's always been his to rule from the get go.


Quote :
I still prefer Mamoru and Usagi in the anime as well, though Seiya it's such a charm I feel like I'm betrying Mamo-chan And I know what you mean about Haruka, at first I thought the same about her feelings but later on I just realized it was a different kind of love ^^

And I like the mystery but not so much the unclear things, it might be due to the fact that I'm not so fond of fanfiction and that I prefer canon things <3 Though you're right about the Pink Moon Crystal, I thought that it was a future version of the Ginzuishou too, which is still plausible if you think about it. It's true that Naoko probably forgot some things on the way

Also, wasn't to soon for Crystal Tokyo to be created when Usagi's around her earlier twenties? As HandsomeSoldier I was given the impression that it happens thousands of years later in the future.

I'd say you can still use the Ginzuishou as a base for the Pink Moon Crystal, but that wouldn't make much sense since the Ginzuishou and Pink Moon Crystal exist seperately as two different crystals. Venus is holding the future Ginzuishou when Chibiusa's crystal was formed.

Also, at the end of the manga USagi has two glows from separate starseeds(Senshi crystals since both of them are senshi) meaning one glow is from her Ginzuishou and the other his Chibiusa's.

It's an inconsistency but it leads more to Chibiusa having her own individual power.

To connect the two, a headcanon could be explained as the Pink Moon being born from the Ginzuishou in the way that Chibiusa is born from Neo Queen Serenity.


The problem I have with Crystal Tokyo, is that if there wasn't any tragedy stated, then how Usagi and Mamoru ascended to the throne? I know that Mamoru is the Prince of Earth but the population doesn't acknowledge this, and it's not like if they're going to accept a worldwide monarchy all out of sudden. It just doesn't make any sense to me >_<

About the Pink Moon Crystal, I have always thought that it's an evolve form of the Ginzuishou and that's why you can see the 3 crystals in those panels, they're not touching each other so there's no danger. There was something about it in the Sailor Moon Channel, when somebody asked how many pieces of Maboroshi no Ginzuishou are there? and the reply she got was this: Usagi-chan and Chibiusa have one each. Each was born from their tears, Usagi-chan when she remembered her previous life, and Chibiusa when she awakened as a sailor senshi.
But what you say makes a lot of sense to, especially if we consider what Diana told ChibiUsa, maybe she got to transform a future version of the Ginzuishou into her own crystal.

And I'm probably not making a lot of sense there lol
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   2nd June 2013, 6:23 pm

To correct on the age:

Usagi is 22 and pregnant when she ascends the throne. Not 21.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 7:00 am

Quote :
To correct on the age:

Usagi is 22 and pregnant when she ascends the throne. Not 21.

It would be more of you verifying than correcting because I said this...

Quote :
Usagi is 21 or 22 I forget which exactly

I didn't say she was 21, I just said she was either or but the detail was minor so I forgot which and never stated what the age was because I couldn't exactly remember but I said I knew it was one or the other.

Quote :
The problem I have with Crystal Tokyo, is that if there wasn't any tragedy stated, then how Usagi and Mamoru ascended to the throne? I know that Mamoru is the Prince of Earth but the population doesn't acknowledge this, and it's not like if they're going to accept a worldwide monarchy all out of sudden. It just doesn't make any sense to me >_<

About the Pink Moon Crystal, I have always thought that it's an evolve form of the Ginzuishou and that's why you can see the 3 crystals in those panels, they're not touching each other so there's no danger. There was something about it in the Sailor Moon Channel, when somebody asked how many pieces of Maboroshi no Ginzuishou are there? and the reply she got was this: Usagi-chan and Chibiusa have one each. Each was born from their tears, Usagi-chan when she remembered her previous life, and Chibiusa when she awakened as a sailor senshi.
But what you say makes a lot of sense to, especially if we consider what Diana told ChibiUsa, maybe she got to transform a future version of the Ginzuishou into her own crystal.

And I'm probably not making a lot of sense there lol

Well I dunno if a tragedy would be needy. They are on a whole other playing field with magic and all. The world doesn't know about Elysion being the core Kingdom of Earth, right now they are separated nations but in the series it hints that each planet has a core Kingdom that rules over them all.

By blood and divine right, the planet literally belongs Endymion, just as the moon belongs to Serenity and Mars belongs to Rei and so on and so forth.

Their crystals add to that divide right. The Golden Crystal as a symbol showing Endymoin is the Guardian of earth as much as Serenity is the senshi/guardian of the moon and Venus with her Venus Crystal is the senshi of Venus. Those are indisputable things.

I imagine it wouldn't be all that different from a Lord of the Ring scenario where at first some are not accepting of Aragon being the King but it's not like they can deny him because it does belong to him.

I bet some troubles occurred, but with the Golden Crystal and Silver Crystal I imagine most that were against eventually came to terms.

Who knows, maybe wars broke out and stuff after they took the throne. Somehow, Usagi became Neo Queen Serenity at 22, and Mamoru became King Endymion. Maybe it was a coming of age thing, who knows.

We can make a thread to theorize it but the only thing we know in the manga is that at 22 they took the throne :/ the rest is up to our imagination^^

As for the Pink Moon Crystal being a piece of the Ginzuishou, I've never heard of that before...

I know in the anime the Ginzuishou was split into the 7 rainbow crystals but in the manga the Ginzuishou was never split into different pieces. In the anime Chibiusa never gets her own crystal either, nor do the senshi :/ which is such a shame! I hope they don't do that in the new anime. The others deserve to keep their own senshi crystals.

Here are some reasons why Chibiusa's crystal can't be a piece or a reincarnation of the Ginzuishou

Usagi had her Ginzuishou of the past in her hands.

Venus held on to the Ginzuishou of the future.

Black Lady's tear formed into a whole new crystal AWAY from the two Ginzuishous, so it's it's own crystal and not a version of the other two.

The manga states that power is born and not taken. The power to become a Sailor Senshi is a power that was born within Chibiusa, and not a power that was given.

Together, Endymion and Serenity consummated their love and gave birth to Chibiusa. Chibiusa was born from their love.

To connect the theories of being born from the Ginzuishou and being it's own separate crystal, what makes sense is to say that, Together the powers of the Golden Crystal and the (Or just the silver crystal)Ginzuishou gave birth to the Pink Moon Crystal. the Pink Moon Crystal was born of the Ginzuishou(or also together with the golden Crystal).

Because otherwise the Ginzuishou of the future which Venus holds would have split or ceased to exist if it transformed or broke and became the Pink Moon Crystal, which it didn't, it was safe while Chibiusa's OWN crystal and power awakened when when Sailor Pluto died.

If anyone has seen the entire series of Inuyasha, this is also a similar concept. I will put it in spoilers for those who have not seen the Final Act of Inuyasha.
Spoiler:
 

The whole reason for saying that, is that instead of Chibiusa relying on her mothers powers power, she can rely on her own power.

Neo Queen Serenity states she was waiting for Chibiusa's power to awaken.

She knew Chibiusa was going to be a senshi because she'd seen it herself in the past as Usagi, and she felt Chibiusa's senshi Crystal being born in her heart at the wedding saying a "new star is born" a "new" sailor senshi.

But she couldn't FORCE her to awaken, she had to wait for Chibiusa to awaken on her own because true power is born and not taken.

Naoko left a lot of inconsistencies but despite that the gist of the idea is still there.

It'd be nice the series was written and these little errors that cause confusion were fixed^^
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 12:29 pm

Quote :
Not sure who said it though, could be Yaten or Taiki.
In Polish version it was a little differently and it's Usagi's saying. The "rank" seems a little cold.
While anime-Seiya irritates me with pushiness, manga-Seiya annoys with constant touching, hugging and kissing Usagi.

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess
Posts : 3199
Join date : 2012-07-25
Age : 27
Location : Arendelle


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 12:50 pm

at the end of the StarS manga isn't usagi pregnant? and did crystal Tokyo take palace after chibiusa was born?

___________________________

 
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 1:34 pm

Quote :
at the end of the StarS manga isn't usagi pregnant? and did crystal Tokyo take palace after chibiusa was born?

She's pregnant at the end during the wedding. Crystal Tokyo takes place after Chibiusa is born when she is 22^^
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 1:38 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:

Well I dunno if a tragedy would be needy. They are on a whole other playing field with magic and all. The world doesn't know about Elysion being the core Kingdom of Earth, right now they are separated nations but in the series it hints that each planet has a core Kingdom that rules over them all.

By blood and divine right, the planet literally belongs Endymion, just as the moon belongs to Serenity and Mars belongs to Rei and so on and so forth.

Their crystals add to that divide right. The Golden Crystal as a symbol showing Endymoin is the Guardian of earth as much as Serenity is the senshi/guardian of the moon and Venus with her Venus Crystal is the senshi of Venus. Those are indisputable things.

I imagine it wouldn't be all that different from a Lord of the Ring scenario where at first some are not accepting of Aragon being the King but it's not like they can deny him because it does belong to him.

I bet some troubles occurred, but with the Golden Crystal and Silver Crystal I imagine most that were against eventually came to terms.

Who knows, maybe wars broke out and stuff after they took the throne. Somehow, Usagi became Neo Queen Serenity at 22, and Mamoru became King Endymion. Maybe it was a coming of age thing, who knows.

We can make a thread to theorize it but the only thing we know in the manga is that at 22 they took the throne :/ the rest is up to our imagination^^

As for the Pink Moon Crystal being a piece of the Ginzuishou, I've never heard of that before...

I know in the anime the Ginzuishou was split into the 7 rainbow crystals but in the manga the Ginzuishou was never split into different pieces. In the anime Chibiusa never gets her own crystal either, nor do the senshi :/ which is such a shame! I hope they don't do that in the new anime. The others deserve to keep their own senshi crystals.

Here are some reasons why Chibiusa's crystal can't be a piece or a reincarnation of the Ginzuishou

Usagi had her Ginzuishou of the past in her hands.

Venus held on to the Ginzuishou of the future.

Black Lady's tear formed into a whole new crystal AWAY from the two Ginzuishous, so it's it's own crystal and not a version of the other two.

The manga states that power is born and not taken. The power to become a Sailor Senshi is a power that was born within Chibiusa, and not a power that was given.

Together, Endymion and Serenity consummated their love and gave birth to Chibiusa. Chibiusa was born from their love.

To connect the theories of being born from the Ginzuishou and being it's own separate crystal, what makes sense is to say that, Together the powers of the Golden Crystal and the (Or just the silver crystal)Ginzuishou gave birth to the Pink Moon Crystal. the Pink Moon Crystal was born of the Ginzuishou(or also together with the golden Crystal).

Because otherwise the Ginzuishou of the future which Venus holds would have split or ceased to exist if it transformed or broke and became the Pink Moon Crystal, which it didn't, it was safe while Chibiusa's OWN crystal and power awakened when when Sailor Pluto died.

If anyone has seen the entire series of Inuyasha, this is also a similar concept. I will put it in spoilers for those who have not seen the Final Act of Inuyasha.
Spoiler:
 

The whole reason for saying that, is that instead of Chibiusa relying on her mothers powers power, she can rely on her own power.

Neo Queen Serenity states she was waiting for Chibiusa's power to awaken.

She knew Chibiusa was going to be a senshi because she'd seen it herself in the past as Usagi, and she felt Chibiusa's senshi Crystal being born in her heart at the wedding saying a "new star is born" a "new" sailor senshi.

But she couldn't FORCE her to awaken, she had to wait for Chibiusa to awaken on her own because true power is born and not taken.

Naoko left a lot of inconsistencies but despite that the gist of the idea is still there.

It'd be nice the series was written and these little errors that cause confusion were fixed^^


Well, in my mind a tragedy is needed for them ascending to the throne. But that's placing the facts in a realistic scenario, whether the Earth belongs to Mamoru or not. I understand that it's his to be taken, though the idea of people just accepting that fact seems impossible for me. Also, why did they feel the need to rule the Earth? That's what I'd love to see explained in the manga, so far we don't know what facts led them to take that decision.

It could be a little bit like LotR, although those people we already used to the magic and all, unlike people on Earth. I'm not even counting the senshi or the villains, because their battles only took placed in Tokyo, or at least that's what I took from the manga anyways. What about the rest of the population?

And why Serenity seems to be more important than Endymion? That never made a lot of sense to me. Despite the fact that she was the main character and all.

About the Pink Moon Crystal, it may be that I watch a hell lot of fantasy/sci-fi TV shows, but it doesn't seem impossible for me that 3 different versions of the same crystal co-exist at the same time. In this case would be the past Ginzuishou that Sailor Moon already has, the one that Venus is holding and an even future form of that last, ChibiUsa's. And that's why it has another shape, because ChibiUsa it's her new owner. I think I may be going a bit too wibbly wobbly timey wimey in here, but it's still ChibiUsa's own power, just with a new form of the same crystal.

However, what you're saying makes a lot of sense too, it could be that the Pink Moon Crystal was born form both the Golden and Silver Crystal. That's probably something that only Naoko knows anyways ^^ but I like your explanation a lot, so I won't be arguing on that <3

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Quote :
Not sure who said it though, could be Yaten or Taiki.
In Polish version it was a little differently and it's Usagi's saying. The "rank" seems a little cold.
While anime-Seiya irritates me with pushiness, manga-Seiya annoys with constant touching, hugging and kissing Usagi.

Oh really? I don't see why Usagi would be saying something like that though, it seems obvious that was one of the Starlights. And I think the same about the "rank" thing, Naoko made it sound as no one was deserving of her.

I think Seiya was quite pushy in the manga too, but in my opinion she was doing all of that just to make Usagi felt better (?) At least I didn't feel bothered by that <3

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 2:13 pm

Quote :
Well, in my mind a tragedy is needed for them ascending to the throne. But that's placing the facts in a realistic scenario, whether the Earth belongs to Mamoru or not. I understand that it's his to be taken, though the idea of people just accepting that fact seems impossible for me. Also, why did they feel the need to rule the Earth? That's what I'd love to see explained in the manga, so far we don't know what facts led them to take that decision.

I'd hope no tragedy would occur, but it's all speculation manga-wise. Anime-wise a big calamity is said to have occurred.

I dunno why they felt the need to rule, I always found that strange as well but I guess it falls down to destiny, and what their kingdom built. Kakyuu states then when their hands joined(Endymion and Serenity)Peace was felt far reaching.

So I guess it was about destiny and the Silver Millennium being reborn in a greater achievement of galactic peace then it had been in the past. After all Earth in the past wasn't apart of the Silver Millennium, but in this future, it's the center of it.

Personally I don't like that Usagi became queen, it may be weird but I feel bad for her. The responsibility obviously weakens her heart. To be so bubbly and so active, only to become a person who hardly ever leaves the safety of her castle... u.u makes me a little sad for her. I'd have rather her live a normal life.


Quote :
It could be a little bit like LotR, although those people we already used to the magic and all, unlike people on Earth. I'm not even counting the senshi or the villains, because their battles only took placed in Tokyo, or at least that's what I took from the manga anyways. What about the rest of the population?

Most of it occurred in Japan, but what was occurring had an overall effect on the entire planet and/or race.

It's not unlike how Batman saves Gotham, but if he didn't save Gotham City during certain instances, it would effect the whole world.(This of course isn't logical lol, especially since marvel and DC comics are all inter-connected and yet seperate which makes this even more confusing lol...)

Quote :
And why Serenity seems to be more important than Endymion? That never made a lot of sense to me. Despite the fact that she was the main character and all.

I agree! It was probably because of the show, and admit-ably Serenity is stronger than Endymion. but this is why I said the Earth belongs to Endymion. It is his planet by birthright to rule.

Let's say we have a character from Mars. She wasn't a royal but she decided to take over PhobosDeimos(I forget, is that the name? I don't remember, so inform me otherwise if it's not the case) castle.

She has martian blood and she decided to become Queen. But REI is rightful ruler, she is still the Princess of Mars, it's her birthright.

Kingdoms and royalty, it's weird like that. More so when magic is involved. Normal politics and the idea of conquering wouldn't be possible against beings like the Sailor Senshi.

Endymion is a powerful human and very few humans have power and those few humans that do have power, don't have nearly enough power to match Endymion. Take the Death Phantom. He was human before he was condemned to Nemesis, but he still had powers.

Their position is meant to protect.

Quote :
About the Pink Moon Crystal, it may be that I watch a hell lot of fantasy/sci-fi TV shows, but it doesn't seem impossible for me that 3 different versions of the same crystal co-exist at the same time. In this case would be the past Ginzuishou that Sailor Moon already has, the one that Venus is holding and an even future form of that last, ChibiUsa's. And that's why it has another shape, because ChibiUsa it's her new owner. I think I may be going a bit too wibbly wobbly timey wimey in here, but it's still ChibiUsa's own power, just with a new form of the same crystal.

However, what you're saying makes a lot of sense too, it could be that the Pink Moon Crystal was born form both the Golden and Silver Crystal. That's probably something that only Naoko knows anyways ^^ but I like your explanation a lot, so I won't be arguing on that <3


Thanks. I came to that theory when I was studying about plants and seeds.

This is how I thought of it^^

There is one seed and we use time travel to retrieve the same seed from the past(Cause we're in the future).
So now, there are two seeds but they are the same seed. One is from the past, one is the future.

So we have two seeds, but we need a third seed to reenact this moment in the manga because this scene there were three separate crystals.

If we form another seed out of the future seed, the future seed will cease to exist and it will just be a new seed. -This doesn't happen because Venus is holding the future seed still.

We can debunk that theory.(Ever see Myth-busters?^^)

If we break the seed and clone it, then we will see the future seed break or fragment into another seed at some point because it would be a significant moment, but the future seed is still safe in Venus's hands and the new seed is formed from a tear within Chibiusa's body and not the future form of the seed or a fragment of it.

So we can debunk that theory as well.

Now, imagine that the past seed grows into a plant. Plants can produce new seeds.(Ironically, this is literally a cloning process. Plant Biology is surprisingly fascinating... although at times really boring^^)

So imagine that past seed grows into a plant, and then clones/releases/gives birth to a new seed(At the same time Mamoru and Usagi consummate their love and the wedding).

That is COULD(Not saying it is) a likely theory.

That could explain why Usagi has the crystal of the past, Venus is holding the crystal of the future and why a brand new crystal is born from Chibiusa's tear instead of from either of the two crystals.

I think a lot^^ glad you liked it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 3:07 pm

Manga Stars is my least favorite arc. I didn't like the fast pace and I hate how the inners and outers were killed off too easily.

As for the anime I like better because things are slowed down a bit grant it the starlights take the lime light, but I dont mind it a bit. Because in the manga there were just there. I'm like why have them there if they dont really play a huge role? I like how in the anime they go to final battle with Moon and the senshi.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 3:10 pm

In my opinion the startlights still played a significant role in the manga... but this isn't a topic on whether or not you like it it's about the inconsistency and contradicting events in the manga and trying to make certain things less confusing^^
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 3:11 pm

Oh, I'm sorry! I thought we were just talking about the manga stars in general! ^^*

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 3:15 pm

It's okay, it's mainly my fault because I'm horrible at title making^^
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 3:16 pm

No it's fine dear. I should have read the first post more carefully. ^^

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 3:26 pm

Well, since you have an opinion about the Starlights, do you find anything like an inconsistency, contradictory or confusing about their appearance or roles in the manga?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 3:29 pm

I well I always did felt they were just there. I felt like there were undeveloped.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^
Posts : 2757
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 3:32 pm

This needs to be moved to the Manga section :p
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 4:25 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:

I'd hope no tragedy would occur, but it's all speculation manga-wise. Anime-wise a big calamity is said to have occurred.

I dunno why they felt the need to rule, I always found that strange as well but I guess it falls down to destiny, and what their kingdom built. Kakyuu states then when their hands joined(Endymion and Serenity)Peace was felt far reaching.

So I guess it was about destiny and the Silver Millennium being reborn in a greater achievement of galactic peace then it had been in the past. After all Earth in the past wasn't apart of the Silver Millennium, but in this future, it's the center of it.

Personally I don't like that Usagi became queen, it may be weird but I feel bad for her. The responsibility obviously weakens her heart. To be so bubbly and so active, only to become a person who hardly ever leaves the safety of her castle... u.u makes me a little sad for her. I'd have rather her live a normal life.

Ha, I wouldn't want any tragedy to happen either, I just think it's a more plausible explanation just like it happened in the anime ^^ I guess the producers thought that kind of scenario added more to the story of how they ascended to the throne. And I don't remember the moment where Kakyuu states that, I might have to re-read that whole arc again, but yeah, I agree that I could be more of a destiny thing rather than a lust of power or something of those sorts. Which wouldn't fit with any of them tbh.

Aw, I know the feeling ): I also feel sorry for Usagi, it shouldn't be easy to reign a whole planet, and see how that fact dramatically changes your life, even if your love one it's there next to you. I once read a fanfic where Usagi enters in some sort of a coma because of that, I couldn't finish it though.

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:

I agree! It was probably because of the show, and admit-ably Serenity is stronger than Endymion. but this is why I said the Earth belongs to Endymion. It is his planet by birthright to rule.

Let's say we have a character from Mars. She wasn't a royal but she decided to take over PhobosDeimos(I forget, is that the name? I don't remember, so inform me otherwise if it's not the case) castle.

She has martian blood and she decided to become Queen. But REI is rightful ruler, she is still the Princess of Mars, it's her birthright.

Kingdoms and royalty, it's weird like that. More so when magic is involved. Normal politics and the idea of conquering wouldn't be possible against beings like the Sailor Senshi.

Endymion is a powerful human and very few humans have power and those few humans that do have power, don't have nearly enough power to match Endymion. Take the Death Phantom. He was human before he was condemned to Nemesis, but he still had powers.

Their position is meant to protect.

Yeah, and since SM it's about changing roles and all, it isn't surprising that Serenity comes first, thought it doesn't stop it from being just plain weird. BUT it isn't the same as if some random person wanted to take over the Earth (just mentioning this because of your Phobos/Deimos example).

I can see your point though, Endymion and the Senshi use their power for protecting rather than conquering. It's just that I'm not in the royalty stuff a whole lot.

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:

Thanks. I came to that theory when I was studying about plants and seeds.

This is how I thought of it^^

There is one seed and we use time travel to retrieve the same seed from the past(Cause we're in the future).
So now, there are two seeds but they are the same seed. One is from the past, one is the future.

So we have two seeds, but we need a third seed to reenact this moment in the manga because this scene there were three separate crystals.

If we form another seed out of the future seed, the future seed will cease to exist and it will just be a new seed. -This doesn't happen because Venus is holding the future seed still.

We can debunk that theory.(Ever see Myth-busters?^^)

If we break the seed and clone it, then we will see the future seed break or fragment into another seed at some point because it would be a significant moment, but the future seed is still safe in Venus's hands and the new seed is formed from a tear within Chibiusa's body and not the future form of the seed or a fragment of it.

So we can debunk that theory as well.

Now, imagine that the past seed grows into a plant. Plants can produce new seeds.(Ironically, this is literally a cloning process. Plant Biology is surprisingly fascinating... although at times really boring^^)

So imagine that past seed grows into a plant, and then clones/releases/gives birth to a new seed(At the same time Mamoru and Usagi consummate their love and the wedding).

That is COULD(Not saying it is) a likely theory.

That could explain why Usagi has the crystal of the past, Venus is holding the crystal of the future and why a brand new crystal is born from Chibiusa's tear instead of from either of the two crystals.

I think a lot^^ glad you liked it

Well, I think you just debunked my theory lol ^^ (and yes; I love Myth-Busters <3)

And you're welcome! you really have some great ideas about the origin of the Pink Moon Crystal ^^ I could never come up with something so elaborated as that.


Passing onto another topic, I really wish Naoko explained where Sailor Cosmos came from. Is she really a future version of Sailor Moon? >.<
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 5:03 pm

That bugs me to no end. >.> I really wish we knew about Sailor Cosmos.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess
Posts : 3199
Join date : 2012-07-25
Age : 27
Location : Arendelle


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 5:16 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
Quote :
at the end of the StarS manga isn't usagi pregnant? and did crystal Tokyo take palace after chibiusa was born?

She's pregnant at the end during the wedding. Crystal Tokyo takes place after Chibiusa is born when she is 22^^

and usagi was 17 at the end of the manga. so was the wedding a few years later?

___________________________

 
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   3rd June 2013, 5:18 pm

Most likely. I think Nako just wanted to show their wedding at the end.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 12:34 pm

I still believe cats were killed in the manga - they don't behave as they normally did, because their moons were damaged, as they lose their minds. (Anyway, even if it was an illusion, they still would live as mindless cats.) They are also not shown in the final.

As I said before, it bugs me that during their wedding only Usagi has her friends with her.

Quote :
I don't see why Usagi would be saying something like that though, it seems obvious that was one of the Starlights. And I think the same about the "rank" thing, Naoko made it sound as no one was deserving of her.

In Polish translation it's like "The whole galaxy is between us, and yet Seiya fell in love with me", which was more probable for Usagi to say.

Here I believe it is Seiya talking to himself.

The manga Stars made Usagi basically a goddess, which was IMO great exaggeration.

I also wonder about Haruka's feelings for Usagi - did she flirt with Usagi for the mission - or was she genuinely attracted?

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
 

Manga StarS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Manga-