HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Manga StarS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official JunJun/Sailor Juno
Posts : 2793
Join date : 2012-11-19
Age : 25
Location : Dead Moon Circus


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   18th July 2013, 6:20 pm

Im wondering if this should be moved to debates. xD 
But your all still being super respectful. Star thanks you muchly for that. Smile

___________________________


  
~ Brit's Secretary ~ Addy's Waifu ~ The Maki to Nico's Nico  ~ Avatar by Me~ Signatures by Moonlight Dreaming
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com http://starlit-pixels.deviantart.com
magic713
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki
Posts : 402
Join date : 2013-05-22
Age : 28
Location : Bald Mountain


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   19th July 2013, 3:16 pm

@Sailor Jupiter wrote:

I honestly don't like how they portrayed Galaxia, because she really didn't have any redeemable qualities, and yet she got free after all that murdering. And yes, I'm aware it's not the same as in the Manga, which bothers me even more. Anime Galaxia is even flatter than her manga counterpart, to say the least.
 I agree with you there. I feel suddenly telling the audience that Galaxia is a possessed Senshi after everything that she did felt like a cheat into sparing her and excusing her for her actions.

Plus in the anime, for most of the season she just sat around and let her underlings do the grunt work like Beryl. Now, while this is not new for most SM villains, Galaxia is a warrior, and I feel that while she has minions, she would not just simply sit around until it was down to the last minion. I feel she should have taken more action other than just commanding her underlings.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 26
Location : Arendele


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   19th July 2013, 4:59 pm

I agree that the way that Galaxia was portrayed in the manga was not as good. I almost felt like the "good senshi but possed" thing almost was cliche.

She also, like magic said, should have been more active. I feel like they made Galaxia fit the format that many other villains had (can't lie, the anime is formulaic)

I enjoyed that Galaxia in the manga was honestly just a power crazed witch (or a similar word) that did not even want redemption. At the very least, it was different from the others

Also, I think the manga had a much deeper message. We saw Cosmos honestly try to destroy the cauldron. At the same time Usagi still was there to save everyone with love and hope reminding Cosmos of what true power is and the idea to never give up, no matter how bleak things seem.

I just think that the way the manga ended things was so perfect and I want to see that ending animated SOOOO BADLY!!
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   19th July 2013, 6:35 pm

Saturn Skyy wrote:
I just think that the way the manga ended things was so perfect and I want to see that ending animated SOOOO BADLY!!

I agree with both of you, but ^THIS needs to happen. I really wanted to see a wedding in the old anime.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   21st July 2013, 7:05 am

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
 I've shown more proof of canon and you kind keep saying the same things with no evidence to support your headcanon.
 
You've shown absolutely no proof - convoluted theories are not proof. Cats are directly both shown and stated as killed, and never mentioned later as revived. And I keep saying that, because it's what happened. Cats are killed by Lethe - Diana's death is felt by Chibiusa, who then travels to 20th century and then learns all cats were killed - then she is transported with Amazons to the centre of Galaxy to Usagi and tells her about it - and Usagi realizes it wasn't illusion. This is end of cats' story.
 
@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
And why do you say that everything came much easier for Usagi in the manga? Examples please

 
Usagi in anime experienced hardships, which manga one didn't. She was much longer on her own, before Ami came. She saw all her friends dying one by one, then her only love, who earlier seriously beat her and attempted to kill her. She was separated form Mamoru thrice - when they lost memories, when they were broken up, and in Stars when she was getting no reply from him. She was several times hit with painful attacks, had her heart ripped off her chest twice, had her dream mirror examined and destroyed. She had problems with transforming and was weaponless. She went in civillian form barefoot to Nehellenia's castle and there was severely beaten. She was exhausted by using Silver Crystal or Holy Grail. Usagi in manga just could do almost anything without effort.
 
@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I honestly don't like how they portrayed Galaxia, because she really didn't have any redeemable qualities, and yet she got free after all that murdering.
But it wasn't about Galaxia - it was about Usagi's power of love and forgiveness and belief in capacity of redemption.

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   21st July 2013, 12:44 pm

@magic713 wrote:
 I feel she should have taken more action other than just commanding her underlings.


But anime Galaxia was actually more active that any other main boss - she killed most of main characters herself. Also, she mentions that she enjoys seeing sailor soldiers fighting with each other.

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   21st July 2013, 3:36 pm

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
And why do you say that everything came much easier for Usagi in the manga? Examples please

 
Usagi in anime experienced hardships, which manga one didn't. She was much longer on her own, before Ami came. She saw all her friends dying one by one, then her only love, who earlier seriously beat her and attempted to kill her. She was separated form Mamoru thrice - when they lost memories, when they were broken up, and in Stars when she was getting no reply from him. She was several times hit with painful attacks, had her heart ripped off her chest twice, had her dream mirror examined and destroyed. She had problems with transforming and was weaponless. She went in civillian form barefoot to Nehellenia's castle and there was severely beaten. She was exhausted by using Silver Crystal or Holy Grail. Usagi in manga just could do almost anything without effort.
 
@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I honestly don't like how they portrayed Galaxia, because she really didn't have any redeemable qualities, and yet she got free after all that murdering.
But it wasn't about Galaxia - it was about Usagi's power of love and forgiveness and belief in capacity of redemption.

But that's not entirely true.
Usagi was alone for most part of the Manga StarS arc, all of her friends were killed one by one and there was anything she could do to stop it. She watched her future daughter disappeared because her boyfriend was killed. Unlike the anime, where she had her friends AND the Starlights until almost the very end.

I mean, I'm not really following your train of thoughts here. I like the Anime too, but I think you need to re-read the Manga, because not everything came easy for Usagi.

And yes, it is about Galaxia too. Because if she wasn't all messed up in her Anime version, she would have been killed. 
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   21st July 2013, 4:30 pm

Galaxia's interesting.  I loved her as a villain in the Manga because she was unremorseful. Whatever her planet had to have been, pretty much made her the way she was with high standards.  She must've had -some- smidge of goodness in her (Even Beryl had that), to collect the animates the way she had.  I really thinks he beleived she had the right of way of doing things. 

(And was ultimately right about using the Sailor Crystals to defeat Chaos because ALL the Sailor Crystals respond to  Sailor Moon's light.  Moon alone didn't defeat it.)

Anime Galaxia was ultimately good and sealed Chaos inside her but sent the embodiment of most of her Sailor powers/good self away in the form of Chibi Chibi.

The rest of her Light/self is also guarding the Sailor Crystals she had collected along the way.


(thought hat was the weakest resolution ever in the Anime to me.)

In both versions, Galaxia lost something- hope, willingness to see a good option I guess. 

--

I wonder- what would it have been like if  Manga Chibi Chibi went to Galaxia in the first place seeing as they pretty much had the same goal almost?
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   27th July 2013, 12:06 pm

In manga the whole fate of universe boils down to Usagi, so going to Galaxia would not help.

@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Usagi was alone for most part of the Manga StarS arc, all of her friends were killed one by one and there was anything she could do to stop it. She watched her future daughter disappeared because her boyfriend was killed. Unlike the anime, where she had her friends AND the Starlights until almost the very end.

Usagi in manga was also never completely alone - there are Kakuyuu and Chibichibi, then Chibiusa and Amazons. In anime she also saw Chibiusa dissappear at the beginning. Also, her friends were longer in anime, but she was also longer without Mamoru, who is her rock.

@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I think you need to re-read the Manga, because not everything came easy for Usagi.



I'm currently rereading to write a comparison with anime. And constantly manga Usagi is presented as more powerful and having easier. See first meeting with Galaxia in both versions - in manga Usagi confronts her untransformed, while in anime her strongest attack doesn't affect Galaxia at all.

@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
And yes, it is about Galaxia too.

I meant that Galaxia's redemption was to represent Usagi's infinite love, faith and forgiveness.

@Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Because if she wasn't all messed up in her Anime version, she would have been killed. 


Now I am lost - why was she all messed up and who would kill her?

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
 

Manga StarS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Manga-