HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Manga StarS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 1:04 pm

Quote :
I well I always did felt they were just there. I felt like there were undeveloped.

What do you mean by that, was it there characters that were undeveloped or what they did or anything else?

What would you change to make it not under developed?

Quote :
This needs to be moved to the Manga section :p

Thanks^^ sorry about that Very Happy

Quote :
Aw, I know the feeling ): I also feel sorry for Usagi, it shouldn't be easy to reign a whole planet, and see how that fact dramatically changes your life, even if your love one it's there next to you. I once read a fanfic where Usagi enters in some sort of a coma because of that, I couldn't finish it though.

I want to read this^^

Quote :
Passing onto another topic, I really wish Naoko explained where Sailor Cosmos came from. Is she really a future version of Sailor Moon? >.<

She really is a future Sailor Moon, she's Usagi's far future self, there are 2 nother threads on here here about her you should really check them out^^

We know who she was but we only know partially of where she came from. "The far future".

This we can only guess. It could mean after Chibiusa's present(30th century after the StarS battle) or it could be during Chibiusa's reign, or after. It could be so far in the future, she is living a whole new life making it just like how USagi is the reincarnation of Serenity, Cosmos could be the reincarnation of Neo Queen Serenity.

We just don't know what "Far future" means so it's fun to speculate^^

Quote :
and usagi was 17 at the end of the manga. so was the wedding a few years later?

I agree with Yami^^

Quote :
I still believe cats were killed in the manga - they don't behave as they normally did, because their moons were damaged, as they lose their minds. (Anyway, even if it was an illusion, they still would live as mindless cats.) They are also not shown in the final.

Yeah but that doesn't make sense though, they were acting like regular happy cats because they were illusions. There crescent moon marks don't make them act human, it just helps their speech, they aren't normal cats so they still think intelligently.

Luna Artemis and Diana in Ikuko's arms have their damaged crescents, but they are still expressing human emotions, they have concerned and worried looks on their faces because they are still aware of what's going on.

In the illusions the cats are acting like normal cats, and are smiling happy and not concerned with anything. If Luna and Artemis and Diana had really been there, after seeing Usagi take off and being so concerned for her, they'd be trying to show that concern because of where Usagi was and the fact that she had no memory and she was untransformed at the bottom of a lake on an illusionary swing^^

Quote :
The manga Stars made Usagi basically a goddess, which was IMO great exaggeration.

That's a shame, I'm glad they didn't do that with the volumes I have :/ Eternal Sailor Moon's definitely not a goddess, and Sailor Cosmos isn't either. It does say Eternal Sailor Moon is the ultimate senshi, and Sailor Cosmos is a tragic character, a character meant to portray that Usagi will come to a moment in her existence where she falls of the pedostal everyone places her on, which is AWESOME!(Although me finding that awesome is just my opinion lol)

Quote :
I also wonder about Haruka's feelings for Usagi - did she flirt with Usagi for the mission - or was she genuinely attracted?

I find that unlikely though, because Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna in the S arc had a different mission than the anime.

In the manga, they wanted to fight for Usagi and the girls, when in their previous life they never could because of their different duties.

Kissing Usagi, and all of that had nothing to do with protecting her, and even after S ends, tiny moments hint that Haruka holds Usagi in slightly different regards then just friendship^^

Michiru will always be Haruka's love, but that doesn't mean Haruka can't have small albiet also unrequited feelings for Usagi.

It's not that different from the hinting of Setsuna's feelings for Endymion, only Haruka at least got to kiss Usagi and almost kissed her a second time too^^

Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 2:25 pm

@Moonlight Lady wrote:

Quote :
I don't see why Usagi would be saying something like that though, it seems obvious that was one of the Starlights. And I think the same about the "rank" thing, Naoko made it sound as no one was deserving of her.

In Polish translation it's like "The whole galaxy is between us, and yet Seiya fell in love with me", which was more probable for Usagi to say.

Here I believe it is Seiya talking to himself.

The manga Stars made Usagi basically a goddess, which was IMO great exaggeration.

I also wonder about Haruka's feelings for Usagi - did she flirt with Usagi for the mission - or was she genuinely attracted?

AH, that actually makes sense ^^ and I'm quite fond of the first part of the sentence. But I'm not so sure if in the English version Seiya is thinking that to herself, it'd look a bit weird.

About the manga StarS making Usagi a goddess, I partially agree. She was virtually indestructible at some point, not even a Galactica Planet Attack could kill her, and that was sort of what the heck?. At least for me. I didn't like her portrayal in those few panels anyways.

And I think that Haruka's feelings towards Usagi are in fact, genuine ^^ But like I already said in a previous post, not in a romantic way. She might was attracted to her at first, but as the manga progresses I can only see some sort of devotion and, of course, a deep friendship.

Quote :
I want to read this^^

If I get to find the link, I'll make sure to send it to you <3

Quote :
She really is a future Sailor Moon, she's Usagi's far future self, there are 2 nother threads on here here about her you should really check them out^^

We know who she was but we only know partially of where she came from. "The far future".

This we can only guess. It could mean after Chibiusa's present(30th century after the StarS battle) or it could be during Chibiusa's reign, or after. It could be so far in the future, she is living a whole new life making it just like how USagi is the reincarnation of Serenity, Cosmos could be the reincarnation of Neo Queen Serenity.

We just don't know what "Far future" means so it's fun to speculate^^

I need to read that then ^^
though I agree with the idea that she's probably a future reincarnation of Neo Queen Serenity, since it's stated at some point of the manga that she can't no longer transform into Sailor Moon during the 30th Century. But it doesn't specify if that condition will last as long as she lives, so yeah, as you said, it's fun to speculate <3
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 2:49 pm

Quote :
If I get to find the link, I'll make sure to send it to you <3

YEY! that makes me happy C:

I was contemplating the Galaxy Cauldron the other day, and how it's at the center of the galaxy. In our own Milk Way Galaxy, the center of it is a gigantic black hole... so I was thinking how neat a theory Naoko made by saying the center of the galaxy was "Where stars go to die and are reborn" because it's actually kinda true in a way, except the reborn part though^^ eventually, billions or longer, the entire galaxy will be swallowed up by this black hole, and black holes can be caused by dying stars. It's really neat XD
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 2:53 pm

Well, it's hard for me to explain about why I think they're underdeveloped in the manga. They just never left an impression on me when I read it as a kid. I thought they were just there and nothing else. When I watch the anime, I feel like they had more energy and more character to them. They left a better impression on me.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 2:58 pm

I have to admit, I liked that the starlights had male forms in the anime^^
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 2:59 pm

I do to actually. I find it amusing and I think it would be neat to have male senshi.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Posts : 1463
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 3:57 pm

I don't see a lot of people come up with male senshi OCs, I've seen a few out there. I don't think I'd design them similar to the senshi fuku though. Crowns instead of tiara's and I'd turn the sailor collar into a fill on cape lol but that's just me^^ I wish people would do more with this idea.

A neat idea would be to have a female senshi for a planet, like Mars and Venus and to also have that planet have a male senshi counterpart.

Another thing I would have liked to see in the stars manga, is an explanation for the uniformity among groups of senshi.

Mars Venus Mercury Uranus there might be little differences here and there and of course the colors, but even Saturn originally had slightly more differences than the others.

The Starlights being apart of this group also have similar uniformity to their fuku's.

Phi and Chi.

Lethe and Mnemosyne.

We see such different fuku's among Sailor Senshi though of different planets, but I really would have liked to see all the senshi with their own unique designs :/
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 4:04 pm

It was probably easier to draw the fukus similar to each other plus it makes them seem like one uniform team.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 4:12 pm

@nerf-or-nothing wrote:
I don't see a lot of people come up with male senshi OCs, I've seen a few out there. I don't think I'd design them similar to the senshi fuku though. Crowns instead of tiara's and I'd turn the sailor collar into a fill on cape lol but that's just me^^ I wish people would do more with this idea.

A neat idea would be to have a female senshi for a planet, like Mars and Venus and to also have that planet have a male senshi counterpart.

Another thing I would have liked to see in the stars manga, is an explanation for the uniformity among groups of senshi.

Mars Venus Mercury Uranus there might be little differences here and there and of course the colors, but even Saturn originally had slightly more differences than the others.

The Starlights being apart of this group also have similar uniformity to their fuku's.

Phi and Chi.

Lethe and Mnemosyne.

We see such different fuku's among Sailor Senshi though of different planets, but I really would have liked to see all the senshi with their own unique designs :/

I don't know how I feel about the idea of male senshi, I've seen a few ones but they're waaaay too weird. Why people keep making things like this and this? They don't look any masculine, you know? LOL. I prefer a crown rather than a tiara on a male, everyday.

About the fuku's design being the same for every girl, I agree with Yamichan, it was probably easier for her to draw them. And we can say the same about the faces though. I gotta say that some of the original fuku's that Naoko drew were very cool! Especially Jupiter's ^^

And I never liked the Starlights having male form in the anime, it just felt wrong /:
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 4:50 pm

Because male senshi like the ones you link are a fun 'What if' ideas in how to translate an ultra feminine characters of Sailor Moon into masculine.

Also, there's nothing wrong with it. Some people (Including myself) use the original Sailor outfits (as in Navy ) to make them the male 'Sailor' Senshi. Which is what the Fukus were based on anyway.

I personally never seen a problem with having Male senshi in any shape or form. (I also love the possibility of angst that this could also generate when/if there is one in a story)


Though I agree.. The Starlights=/= male in the anime kills me a little because it's essentially changing already existing characters' genders for some random reason rather than just have them be crossdressers.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 5:25 pm

If I were to make male senshi I would make then dress as knights! XD I'm getting off topic now!

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 5:29 pm

Oh no, I totally understand that those are just for fun, I just don't like them. But of course, that's only my opinion ^^
I mean, there's nothing wrong with them taking the original outfits as a base, but adding the tiaras? or make them look like some sort of Superman? Well, that's just not my style. Entirely respectable, have to say.

Though that's what I think about the design some people make of male senshi, not the idea of having one itself.


And yes, i never understood why they took that decision. It only made people got confused about their gender.

@Yamichan: lol, that would be really cool! xD I can actually imagine them as knights
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 5:31 pm

^^ The girls are warriors and the boys are knights. XD

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   4th June 2013, 5:46 pm

@Ai: It's alright if you don't care for them. Not saying you have to, but I've seen brawls over this side of the subject. <<; (even Wiki made note of it and when Wiki notes it it's apparently a widespread thing over all.).

Well, considering that Superman is supposed to be the epitome of 'the perfect human' much like Usagi becoming the epitome of being the 'perfect human' in the anime/manga, it's not actually unimaginable as to why they use that body base.

The sailor senshi, as a whole, are fit, unbelievably beautiful, and usually always graceful in their fights. So.. yeah you're going to have superman type bodies because some artists' believe that's the definition of the above.

As for the tiaras.. -shrugs- they're not really tiaras actually but more like cornets and cornets are worn by both genders and are more or less neutral.

What Neo Queen Serenity wears on her head is a tiara. What she, and the other Senshi, wear is more of a cornet than a tiara.

(at least to me)


And yeah, the whole thing with the Starlights is just confuses everyone too much.


((Personally, I don't like using 'knights' anymore. It's too..boring actually.))

Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   5th June 2013, 5:37 am

But I never said I didn't care for them, I just didn't like their designs, that's all. Not trying to start an argument or anything. I don't even read the Wikis, so I don't know about it.

Though you're wrong there, 'cause Superman a.k.a. Clark Kent, is not even human. I can understand what you mean, but I don't consider Usagi either perfect. I guess that people only uses Superman as a body base, because he's one of the most known superheros, but it could be Spiderman or any other random guy. Just sayin'.

And ah yeah, you're right about the tiaras.


From what I've seen, usually the people that gets confused about the Starlights, haven't read the manga either. At least that's what happens in my country, like all the time.


And I actually like the Knights idea quite a lot, maybe it's that I imagine them dressed up as Endymion, ha
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   5th June 2013, 7:50 am

Ah, sorry, I must've misread it. (This is what I get for not sleeping much. )

Well, yeah, I know Clark isn't but Batman has a similar body type as Superman (At least in DCAU. Though to be fair there's a lot of cookie cutter bodies there. You can almost exchange the heads and still have the same form. o3o))

Spiderman's body is more of a Marvel thing. Marvel's a bit better with a diverse bodytypes of their popular ones.

Though I think even without that, most that are usually drawn by guys (saying usually not all the time) are going to make them buff looking. (Like He-Man from the old school cartoons. Not the remake.)

So it's kinda like " You put Hercules in a skirt" Moment. But I get the gist. they do seem a bit..awkward but I guess it's all in the whole "peak of fitness" / "ideal" warrior bodies.


In the manga they're just girls that crossdress. Even Tin Nynako (a villian in Stars) says it out right in my copy. And yeah, there is either confusion or people just want to make them guys for some reason or another. -shrugs- Though, when you think about it, just exactly how 'male' are they? Because for all we've seen which is the chest and up, it's male, who knows what gender it is below waistline.

(which could make for an interesting fic..actually... )



I don't care for it because there's a whole range of military-ish rankings they could be. Like Admiral (which goes with the Sailor thing), Captain, (Can also be sailor or a pilot theme). And then there's different styles of outfits that could be made.

Plus, it keeps Endymion's outfit special to him because he's ranked Prince, not knight. Therefore his form/armor is more powerful. For the 'knights' I would imagine them more like Dandurite from Code Name Sailor V. He was more of a foot soldier and not even a general, I think.


Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   5th June 2013, 8:03 am

LOLz

The knight outfits can be modern. I didn't mean they have to be traditional style of knights like from the medieval times.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   5th June 2013, 12:33 pm

Starlights aren't really males in the anime - they took male forms, as disguise, on Earth. And where is it said in manga they dress as males, instead of transforming?

I think it could be for the mission, because it seems too great a coincidence that Haruka flirted with Usagi while Michiru met Mamoru. It required IMO some preplanning.

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   5th June 2013, 1:53 pm

Quote :
Ah, sorry, I must've misread it. (This is what I get for not sleeping much. )

Well, yeah, I know Clark isn't but Batman has a similar body type as Superman (At least in DCAU. Though to be fair there's a lot of cookie cutter bodies there. You can almost exchange the heads and still have the same form. o3o))

Spiderman's body is more of a Marvel thing. Marvel's a bit better with a diverse bodytypes of their popular ones.

Though I think even without that, most that are usually drawn by guys (saying usually not all the time) are going to make them buff looking. (Like He-Man from the old school cartoons. Not the remake.)

So it's kinda like " You put Hercules in a skirt" Moment. But I get the gist. they do seem a bit..awkward but I guess it's all in the whole "peak of fitness" / "ideal" warrior bodies.

Nah, don't worry, it's okay <3

And well, yeah, DC were't a lot of inventive with the bodies of their superheroes. Neither the personalities, but that's for another topic And I can see why people use that type of body as a base, since it represents in some way, the idea of perfection. Just looks so tacky.
But anyways, people can basically do whatever they want with their imagination ^^

Quote :
In the manga they're just girls that crossdress. Even Tin Nynako (a villian in Stars) says it out right in my copy. And yeah, there is either confusion or people just want to make them guys for some reason or another. -shrugs- Though, when you think about it, just exactly how 'male' are they? Because for all we've seen which is the chest and up, it's male, who knows what gender it is below waistline.

(which could make for an interesting fic..actually... )

Yes, I remember that being stated in the manga. I think most people want to turn them into male, because of all the Seiya/Usagi thing; I mean, some can't even accept the fact that Haruka IS a woman and is in a relationship with Michiru, of course the Starlights weren't going to be any different.
I've seen that discussion in some other forums, about how really male the Starlights are, but no one seemed to agree lol so it's up to our imagination I guess.
I could be an interesting idea for a fic though!

Quote :
I don't care for it because there's a whole range of military-ish rankings they could be. Like Admiral (which goes with the Sailor thing), Captain, (Can also be sailor or a pilot theme). And then there's different styles of outfits that could be made.

Plus, it keeps Endymion's outfit special to him because he's ranked Prince, not knight. Therefore his form/armor is more powerful. For the 'knights' I would imagine them more like Dandurite from Code Name Sailor V. He was more of a foot soldier and not even a general, I think.

AH well, I was just throwing some idea in there. I like how Endymion is all dressed up, that's why ^^ but Denburite's clothes are quite cool too, a lot simpler but I guess those would fit more with the idea of a "modern" knight.

Quote :
Starlights aren't really males in the anime - they took male forms, as disguise, on Earth. And where is it said in manga they dress as males, instead of transforming?

I think it could be for the mission, because it seems too great a coincidence that Haruka flirted with Usagi while Michiru met Mamoru. It required IMO some preplanning.

Well, they aren't truly males but they do transform into one and some people get confused at that D: In the manga they're only wearing male clothes. Here's the panel whey it says so:

Spoiler:
 

And about Haruka...she and Michiru may intended to approach Usagi and Mamoru as part of their plans, but I don't see Haruka flirting Usagi for the sake of a mission only.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9844
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 27
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   5th June 2013, 1:56 pm

All the senshi love their Princess so Harkua probably was flirting with Usagi for fun plus she likes to flirt with other women.

___________________________

Magical Girl Cafe  
   formally Yamichan16    Ed's forum wife     Graphics by Mercury,Ed,Mi, and Marianne 
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   5th June 2013, 4:39 pm

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Starlights aren't really males in the anime - they took male forms, as disguise, on Earth. And where is it said in manga they dress as males, instead of transforming?

I think it could be for the mission, because it seems too great a coincidence that Haruka flirted with Usagi while Michiru met Mamoru. It required IMO some preplanning.

Um when Tin Nyanko mentioned it when -She- went under cover at Usagi school (which, frankly is one of the smarter villain moves of the book.. (Thanks Ai for the scene I was looking for!)


Quote :
Yes, I remember that being stated in the manga. I think most people want to turn them into male, because of all the Seiya/Usagi thing; I mean, some can't even accept the fact that Haruka IS a woman and is in a relationship with Michiru, of course the Starlights weren't going to be any different.
I've seen that discussion in some other forums, about how really male the Starlights are, but no one seemed to agree lol so it's up to our imagination I guess.
I could be an interesting idea for a fic though!

Believe me, I know, I've seen denial so deep, it makes the Atlantic ocean look shallow. *cough*SOS*cough*SaveOurSailors*cough*
Gotta hand it to them though, they get inventive with it. The only ones I seem to get along with mostly are the ones that acknowledge the source material at the very least.



Quote :
AH well, I was just throwing some idea in there. I like how Endymion is all dressed up, that's why ^^ but Denburite's clothes are quite cool too, a lot simpler but I guess those would fit more with the idea of a "modern" knight.

Between the Shitennou's outfits as Generals and their uniforms as Mamoru's guardians, it can be quite stylish themselves in a way. But I've seen some interesting interpretations. Maybe we should have a contest for that. xD?



Quote :
And about Haruka...she and Michiru may intended to approach Usagi and Mamoru as part of their plans, but I don't see Haruka flirting Usagi for the sake of a mission only.

Ditto. ^ and another Ditto to Yami's comment. No one really knows the extent on how 'male' they are. They're also aliens, to be frank enough about it. How do they, or would they, know how well to mimic a male form outside of a Ken Doll model? They don't travel in a spaceship, we have no idea how the extent of their 'male' transformation goes. Does it go beyond the torso or..? what?




Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   5th June 2013, 7:39 pm

Quote :
Believe me, I know, I've seen denial so deep, it makes the Atlantic ocean look shallow. *cough*SOS*cough*SaveOurSailors*cough*
Gotta hand it to them though, they get inventive with it. The only ones I seem to get along with mostly are the ones that acknowledge the source material at the very least.

Yes, I've seen it too. At first it was quite funny, I gotta say, but after a while I just thought it was plain ridiculous to deny something so obvious. I even found this website a few months ago, where they listed all this silly rumors people made up about Haruka and Michiru. I think it was The Oracle, not sure thought, but I was very surprise about it!

Quote :
Between the Shitennou's outfits as Generals and their uniforms as Mamoru's guardians, it can be quite stylish themselves in a way. But I've seen some interesting interpretations. Maybe we should have a contest for that. xD?

Ha, yeah, a contest should be really entertaining! xD ^^ I'd love to see some male senshi with that kind of outfit.

Quote :
Ditto. ^ and another Ditto to Yami's comment. No one really knows the extent on how 'male' they are. They're also aliens, to be frank enough about it. How do they, or would they, know how well to mimic a male form outside of a Ken Doll model? They don't travel in a spaceship, we have no idea how the extent of their 'male' transformation goes. Does it go beyond the torso or..? what?

Well, yes they're aliens, but I'm pretty sure they already knew about Earth and it's people. It's too much of a coincidence that Kakyuu suddenly decided to find refuge on Earth, I think. So, the Starlights probably knew in advance how to change into male. If that was a fully transformation, only God knows lol
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   5th June 2013, 10:08 pm

Well it wasn't that she decided on it, per say. We don't know when exactly the decision was made to go to earth or when Galaxia started her campaign. (I mean the Milky way galaxy is utterly unfathomably huge. She coudl've started it back before the Silver millennium for all we know.- OMG FANFICIDEA.

Ugh, I need to stooop xD; )

But yeah, it's not like she decided it entirely but who knows.. o3o wow I'm getting too many ideas...


o-o I think I might be right about the starlights. -was looking at some transformations for them and..-
Spoiler:
 


I know I know, but they could've done a shadowed ken-doll bump effect too. o.o but they look..very ..feminine still.

Mah, I'll just make it my own headcanon because..I love angst..and drama.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   6th June 2013, 12:33 pm

But Tin Nyanko has no inside knowledge of Starlights, so her words aren't valid. Manga Starlights in civilian forms always look like males. And become females in senshi form.

In anime Starlights are given their own stories, in manga they are too focused on Usagi.

Quote :
About the manga StarS making Usagi a goddess, I partially agree. She was virtually indestructible at some point, not even a Galactica Planet Attack could kill her, and that was sort of what the heck?. At least for me. I didn't like her portrayal in those few panels anyways.

Yes - and everybody comments that she's the most powerful in the galaxy and her power has no limits.

Even Sailor Cosmos' appearance is just to show how current Usagi is perfect.

Haruka in manga more than flirts with Usagi - she crosses the line into actual cheating.

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   6th June 2013, 6:45 pm

To be honest, Tin Nynako is pretty knowledgeable about her enemies. I mean she zeroed in on Usagi, despite having never met her before then. And since she's one of Galaxia's fighters, how do we know if she hasn't met the Starlights beforehand?

There's nothing in the manga that suggests that she hasn't fought or met them before, so her words ring quite true and are creditable at least because- she's utterly right. (It's also added in an Out of universe nod from Naoko's comments about the Anime and her puzzlement at what the Anime has done to her characters which were female.)

But In-world context, as far as we can see, Nyanko seems to know exactly what she's talking about. And if you can infer from Iron Mouse's intro, they can sense Sailor Crystals easily. (ie: she's at the concert that Michiru and Haruka are playing. She knows they're Sailors even though she's never met them before never seen them before this point and time, she knows.)

If the Starlights escaped and went to earth, there's reason to think that Galaxia's senshi would know who the Starlights were and what they were.


Manga Haruka doesn't cheat nor does she cross the line into cheating. The most she's ever done to Usagi was steal a kiss, once. Twice at the most, but it doesn't mean she's 'cheating' as Michiru knows well and good Haruka's feelings towards their princess. Kisses can mean different things and are used for different reasons other than romantic feelings. They can be used to express affections, friendship even.

(and yes, we all know that Usagi is a Canon-Sue by definition, at least especially in the anime. Manga, less so.)

I believe fully that that Haruka, along with the other senshi, have feelings for Usagi that is beyond the simple definition of 'romance' as we know it.


Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   6th June 2013, 6:59 pm

@Ktenshi wrote:
Well it wasn't that she decided on it, per say. We don't know when exactly the decision was made to go to earth or when Galaxia started her campaign. (I mean the Milky way galaxy is utterly unfathomably huge. She coudl've started it back before the Silver millennium for all we know.- OMG FANFICIDEA.

Ugh, I need to stooop xD; )

But yeah, it's not like she decided it entirely but who knows.. o3o wow I'm getting too many ideas...


o-o I think I might be right about the starlights. -was looking at some transformations for them and..-
Spoiler:
 


I know I know, but they could've done a shadowed ken-doll bump effect too. o.o but they look..very ..feminine still.

Mah, I'll just make it my own headcanon because..I love angst..and drama.

Well, that's a theory xD indeed we don't know when Galaxia started with all of her craziness. But I still believe that Kakyuu and the Starlights had the Earth as a escape route, or something of those sorts. Precisely because the Milky Way size, it's too much of a coincidence to randomly appear here. But I may be over thinking a bit too much

And ha, yes, they still look quite feminine. The anime wasn't going to show us what's below the chest though, so that's probably the reason why the look that way in the transformation sequence, rather than just a Ken-doll effect.

Quote :
To be honest, Tin Nynako is pretty knowledgeable about her enemies. I mean she zeroed in on Usagi, despite having never met her before then. And since she's one of Galaxia's fighters, how do we know if she hasn't met the Starlights beforehand?

There's nothing in the manga that suggests that she hasn't fought or met them before, so her words ring quite true and are creditable at least because- she's utterly right. (It's also added in an Out of universe nod from Naoko's comments about the Anime and her puzzlement at what the Anime has done to her characters which were female.)

But In-world context, as far as we can see, Nyanko seems to know exactly what she's talking about. And if you can infer from Iron Mouse's intro, they can sense Sailor Crystals easily. (ie: she's at the concert that Michiru and Haruka are playing. She knows they're Sailors even though she's never met them before never seen them before this point and time, she knows.)

If the Starlights escaped and went to earth, there's reason to think that Galaxia's senshi would know who the Starlights were and what they were.

^ Idem to all of this.

Quote :
Haruka in manga more than flirts with Usagi - she crosses the line into actual cheating.

And I don't think Haruka was cheating. As Ktenshi already stated, they only kissed once, the other kiss only happened in Usagi's dreams. Neither of them attempted to do any more than that, they were only curious about each other. Although, curiosity may not be the right definition for those feelings. But that wasn't definitely cheating .-.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   7th June 2013, 1:36 pm

Ktenshi - yes, Tin Nyanko surely knows Three Lights are Starlights and they are senshi form Kinmoku, but I doubt she knows exactly their way of disguise. In manga their bodies stilll look different in senshi and civilian forms. Out of canon explanation of author don't count.

Quote :
yes, we all know that Usagi is a Canon-Sue by definition, at least especially in the anime. Manga, less so.

How less in manga? In anime Usagi is considerably less powerful and has flaws, everybody acknowledges. In manga after first arc she becomes more and more perfect.

And "just a kiss" doesn't mean it wasn't cheating - especially that they were going to kiss again, only Mamoru interrupted. True, we don't know rules of Ha&Mi relationship - for them it may be ok. But Usagi definitively wasn't fair to Mamoru.

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   7th June 2013, 4:02 pm

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Ktenshi - yes, Tin Nyanko surely knows Three Lights are Starlights and they are senshi form Kinmoku, but I doubt she knows exactly their way of disguise. In manga their bodies stilll look different in senshi and civilian forms. Out of canon explanation of author don't count.



Their bodies look -exactly like Haruka's in the same uniform(she does wear the Juuban high boy's uniform interchangeably with the girls.). And how Haruka looked before hand in the Mugen uniform. There's also no definitive proof that they have male bodies as we never see them out of their uniforms or tuxedoes. But seeing as Haruka is definitely a woman, and definitely a female, it's hard to say that the Starlights are males in the manga on earth when they have the same build in suits as Haruka does.

But lets agree to disagree here. There's no proof that they are males on earth. There's no proof that they're anything else but female. If you want to believe it, ok.
Quote :

How less in manga? In anime Usagi is considerably less powerful and has flaws, everybody acknowledges. In manga after first arc she becomes more and more perfect.
In the Manga, she's less perfect, especially given in certain seasons. She's been corrupted at least once, she's owned up to her jealous behavior more, she's actually matured and kept consistent and is more believable than her anime counterpart. Frankly, Anime Usagi is more of a sue because of the fact that never once did she fall prey to an enemies' magic. Not once did she do something terrible under their power. While in the manga in the first book or two, she's possessed like the rest of them, digging around and looking for the silver crystal. As a Queen in the future, she admitted to having lost herself/power/whathave you. We don't get that in the anime counterpart or really -anything- from Neo Queen Serenity admitting any mistake whatsoever. The only time, in my opinion, that Manga Usagi and Anime Usagi align is in StarS and that's only some of the time.

Quote :



And "just a kiss" doesn't mean it wasn't cheating - especially that they were going to kiss again, only Mamoru interrupted. True, we don't know rules of Ha&Mi relationship - for them it may be ok. But Usagi definitively wasn't fair to Mamoru.

Usagi also didn't kiss Haruka. Haruka was the one that leaned in and nearly kissed her the first time and also was the one to initiate it the second time. It wasn't Usagi that did it. Therefore if you wanna blame someone there- it's Haruka. But again, I think this is a topic we're going to agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 664
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Poland


PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   8th June 2013, 2:23 am

Quote :
There's no proof that they are males on earth. There's no proof that they're anything else but female.

Yes, there is no proof that they are males, and there is no proof that they are females. So I don't know why anime making them males is such a problem. In both canons they are really females, male forms are just disguise on Earth.

___________________________

Avatar made by Sailor Jupiter - I thank you cordially.

Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Ktenshi
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : M.I.A
Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Manga StarS   8th June 2013, 2:36 am

@Moonlight Lady wrote:
Quote :
There's no proof that they are males on earth. There's no proof that they're anything else but female.

Yes, there is no proof that they are males, and there is no proof that they are females. So I don't know why anime making them males is such a problem. In both canons they are really females, male forms are just disguise on Earth.

Because the manga also doesn't state they're in male form. People -assumed- they're men. The same way we all assumed Haruka was male when actuality, she's female with a female form in and out of senshi form. That's why it's a problem.

But again, if you wanna believe they are male in the manga, that's fine. Agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
 

Manga StarS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: Manga-