The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

A Dog's Squeaky Toy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: A Dog's Squeaky Toy   10th October 2011, 5:12 am

A Dog's Squeaky Toy
by Chmia

For weeks, I had little communication with the humans that watch over me. Believe me, I did try to communicate my wishes, desires, and thoughts to the both of them. But alas, my efforts always failed. For some reason unknown to me, there exists a gap. Perhaps, the woman and man lack the higher intelligence? They do appear to be simple creatures satisfied to stare at boxes filled with moving light. I have watched these boxes filled with moving light and they do not appeal to me. However, sometimes I hear a sound that peaks my interest. Occasionally, I hear the sounds of animals from my own species coming from the boxes filled with moving light. I admit, I was slow, at first. I thought that the animals were within our home, so I growled and alerted my humans to the potential danger. They forced me to quiet.

Other examples of failed communication are the times when I was an infant. It was difficult to tell the humans that I needed to use the facilities. Although it was childish, I do admit, I decided that if the humans would not allow me outside, then I would go where I pleased. After all, my childish notions served to convince me that I was in the right. Now, I know better. Besides, our living space should be clean. I must remember to thank the humans for attempting cleanliness.

Oh, happy days! Recently, the humans have provided me with a means of communication. These means are crude and, unfortunately, disguise my true voice behind a high-pitched façade. It will have to do, for now. In my possession are two plush and soft devices that allow me the means to communicate my wishes, desires, and thoughts to my humans. The first one is in the shape of a long, deformed dog. Perhaps, this was an attempt at humor or irony? It does not matter or concern me. If I bite one end of the long, deformed dog, a high-pitched noise sounds. The sound varies depending on the strength and placement of the bite. It has taken me awhile to learn how to communicate with this device, but I believe I have gained enough knowledge of its inner workings in order to communicate basic ideas.

I believe that the humans may be suffering from a mild case of deafness. Sometimes, I must place the communication device in front of their faces in order for them to hear what I am communicating. Other times, I am uncertain as to whether or not my humans are aware of the intricate, inner-workings of the communication device. The other day, the female human squeaked the communication device in all the wrong ways and produced inane and illogical ideas about a penguin, a tortilla, and riding in a car. Not to mention that my humans think it is humorous to throw the communication devices far across the room, so I must chase the devices! Then, I must bring the communication devices back, so that our conversation may continue. Often the humans steal the communication device from my mouth before I am even finished communicating. Then, they throw it! It is an illogical circle. I communicate, they interrupt me and throw the device, I must retrieve the device, I return, and then the human(s) throw the device across the room, etc. Foolish humans, the communication devices may break if it is abused in such a fashion.

Oh, well, I do love them very deeply, despite their many faults. I could have never asked for a better family.
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: A Dog's Squeaky Toy   14th October 2011, 6:18 pm

This made my day. It's really cute and pretty easy to believe. xD
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: A Dog's Squeaky Toy   15th October 2011, 12:21 pm

Yay! Thank you for commenting. It made my day. I'm glad you liked it. I wrote it in about ten minutes, because the idea wouldn't get out of my head.

Graphics by Athena, Neo Queen Serenity, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Mercury, Gemma, and Lust
Back to top Go down

A Dog's Squeaky Toy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: Creativity Corner :: Writers-