The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st January 2015, 11:15 am

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 VjxvQoH

Minako had to suppress an urge to roll her eyes as Kunihiro checked himself on the car’s side mirror. She’d already made sure her own appearance was flawless using her compact mirror, but still, when he teased her, she fell for it. “What? Where?” she demanded, her hand flying to her mouth.

When he laughed and said he was just kidding, Minako punched his shoulder, hard. Or as hard as a girl could do to a quarterback, anyway. “Not funny,” she grumbled.

They walked in, finally, and she made sure her head was held high. She really wished there was some staircase she could descend to make her grand entrance, especially with Kunihiro, most eligible upperclassmen, on her arm. As they stepped inside, it felt as if the music dulled in her ears, and though it appeared slowly rather than all at once, she did feel people’s eyes on her. Some of the girls looked with open envy, some of the guys seemed like they might want her for themselves.

Minako smiled, spreading her charm to the entire room generously. Then she felt invisible daggers stabbing her back, and she glanced over one shoulder surreptitiously. Minako could swear Mio’s eyes were practically glowing red as she stared from one corner of the room, the plastic cup she was holding in one hand immediately crumpled into a useless mass of shape.

Minako shivered and turned away. What things might Mio be planning to ruin her night? Hopefully none that included throwing blood on her.

“So… what do you want to do first?” she asked Kunihiro.

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 4ttFPcD[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 E2wqfIi [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Mercurysig [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Ft6DXry[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Wedding1
[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 YgSg9XS [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 J9FkIOw [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 E92foQg [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 GGOnOmH [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 T6HQwOw [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 ZMIrfsf [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 4JvDpxl [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 EfXLP8m 
[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 3DQXfaU
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime31st January 2015, 3:24 pm

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Sqlev7

Kunihiro had to refrain from massaging his now-aching shoulder as they entered the gymnasium. For a girl, Minako punched hard. Whatever training program Mio had the girls on, it was working.

The pain suddenly faded as the pounding music filled Kunihiro's head. They were playing a song he liked, and he subconsciously began to pat his leg to the beat. His eyes scanned the large gymnasium for his team, and it wasn't long until he finally spotted them. And of course, Kisinuma was distracting a teacher while Satoshi poured alcohol into the punch the cheerleaders made. Rolling his eyes, Kunihiro then checked to see if Mio was there. It wasn't very hard to find her, either - he could feel her eyes burning into him the moment he walked through the door. Or maybe it wasn't him she was glaring at, but Minako. The thought of Mio's wrath caused the upperclassman to tighten his hold on Minako's arm. He had been trying hard all night not to think about the things Mio knew, and how she might use them against him to get to Minako. 

He wasn't going to let Minako out of his sight, that was for sure. 

But it only took about two minutes for that thought to fly out the window as Kunihiro's bladder suddenly decided to make itself known. With a low curse, Kunihiro unhooked his arm from Minako's. 

"I need to go to the bathroom," he said, a hint of panic in his voice. "Just...stay here, alright? Don't go anywhere, don't drink anything, and for the love of god don't dance with any guys wearing a letterman jacket, alright? I'll be back." 

With every nerve screaming at Kunihiro not to, he left Minako and headed straight for the bathroom. Mio tried to stop him on his way out, but he ignored her and hurried away. He just hoped that Minako would actually listen to him, for once.

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Rq4Any2[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Sprite_SailorMoonEarlier02_zpsvate7eei [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 JBtc6h7 [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 2DMlRL9 [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 MOS3y8g [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Sprite_NeoSailorMars-1_zpsmlohafhh[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 J9FkIOw
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1st February 2015, 8:26 am

“Seriously?” Minako asked in disbelief. She would have expected a girl to run to the bathroom first thing and couldn’t help but feel abandoned as Kunihiro left before they even got a drink or think about dancing. And when he started lecturing her, she rolled her eyes for real. “Yes, Dad.”

What did he need to tell her all those instructions for? She wasn’t his hostage; she was free to do whatever she liked. Why couldn’t she have a drink? He certainly hadn’t offered her any. And if he wasn’t going to dance with her, why couldn’t she dance with someone else?

Deciding not to make a scene by arguing, Minako just let him go, figuring maybe that would get him back sooner. She now stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, and it only took her two seconds to feel stupid. Don’t go anywhere. Really? So was she supposed to just stand here like an idiot?

“Minako-chan,” a smooth, slithering voice like a snake’s intruded her ear, and Minako visibly jumped. She turned to see Mio suddenly already in front of her, and her heart nearly leapt out of her chest. How did she do that? Maybe she really was a witch.

“Kuroki-senpai,” she replied politely. “Good evening. You look beautiful.”

“Of course I do,” Mio replied dismissively. She didn’t bother complimenting back, not even just for show. Instead, she went straight for the jugular. “I see Hiro-san abandoned you already. So soon! Didn’t you literally just get here?” she asked in a mock concerned tone.

Minako bristled. “He just needs to go to the bathroom. Drank too much from our dinner,” she added pointedly. “He’ll be right back.”

Mio’s eyes glowed dangerously at the mention of dinner, but soon her evil smile returned. “Listen, Minako-chan. There’s something you should know. I’m only telling you this because we’re friends and you’re part of my team. We girls have to look out for each other, right?”

“Oh?” Minako asked disinterestedly, not buying the crap Mio was spewing for a second. If Mio had to tell her anything, it was certainly not with Minako’s best interests at heart.

“Yes. You see…” Mio glanced toward the direction Kunihiro had gone toward to make sure he wasn’t back yet. “You really shouldn’t have said yes when Hiro-san asked you to be his date. You’re only embarrassing yourself, you know.”

“Why is that?” Minako asked, curious despite her better judgment.

“Ah…” Mio looked at her with such a pitiful look, Minako actually felt a mix of anger and worry stir inside her. She’d decided not to let the other girl’s words get to her tonight, but now they were affecting her anyway. There was something in Mio’s eyes—a certain kind of evil glee that told Minako that a very, very bad news might be waiting for her. Whatever Mio was up to, it made her feel really excited. And that was not good at all.

“I’m sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, Minako-chan, but I doubt Hiro-san would ever tell you the truth. And I really think you should know his true motives. I don’t want him playing you for a fool.”

“What do you mean?” Minako asked, impatient now. She wished Mio would just get to the damn point. She really wasn’t in the mood for these mind games. Even now, her mind was whirling, wondering what on earth Mio was talking about. Had Kunihiro lied to her after all about why he’d invited her to the dance? God, she knew it was suspicious, but she just believed his excuse because she wanted to go with him so badly, and maybe she’d been so stupid—

“He only asked you to be his date because Satoshi-kun dared him.”

The words brought Minako’s world to a halt. The music disappeared, everyone else but Mio vanished, and she stared at the girl in front of her with shock.

“What?”

“Yes. You see, they were playing truth or dare, and Satoshi-kun said that Hiro-san wouldn’t dare to ask you to the dance with him. So he did. That’s why—that’s the only reason he asked you instead of me. He’s just trying to prove something to his stupid friends. I’m so sorry, Minako-chan.”

Minako could not find any words to say. She was still staring at Mio when the girl smiled triumphantly, excused herself now that her opponent was sufficiently crushed, waved happily and walked away.

Minako kept staring at her back, and then the spot where she was last seen when she eventually disappeared among the throng of students.

She could not move. Could not speak.

She had never felt so humiliated in her life.

Part of her wanted to deny it. Mio was lying. She was only saying it to hurt Minako, to ruin this… thing between her and Kunihiro. But another part of her knew it was true. From the beginning she’d sensed that there was something not right with how this all happened. How Kunihiro showed no desire to even go to the dance at all that morning, how he suddenly changed his mind, how he had asked her in front of the entire cafeteria like…

Like a dare.

Because that was what it really was.

Tears threatened to blur her vision, and Minako blinked them away in panic. She could not have a break down here. Not until Kunihiro got back and she could tell him exactly where he could shove his stupid dare. She was not going to be the one humiliated here tonight.

But even if she could save her pride, Minako knew it was too late to save her heart from breaking.

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 4ttFPcD[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 E2wqfIi [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Mercurysig [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Ft6DXry[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Wedding1
[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 YgSg9XS [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 J9FkIOw [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 E92foQg [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 GGOnOmH [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 T6HQwOw [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 ZMIrfsf [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 4JvDpxl [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 EfXLP8m 
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2015, 10:52 am

After doing his business, Kunihiro returned to where he had left Minako. He had been hoping and praying that she listened to his instructions. He walked quickly, his footsteps worried and eager. He passed Mio on his way there, who was leaning against a wall with a smug smile on her face. His eyes met hers and she winked, instantly giving him a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach.

In seconds, he found Minako was was approaching her. She looked...downcast. Maybe even a little hurt. The somber sight pained Kunihiro to see. He wanted to see her laughing and smiling - he wanted to make her laugh and smile.

Hoping that his smile would make her smile, Kunihiro walked up behind Minako and gently tugged her hair. "Hey," he said, trying his best to sound friendly. "You alright there? You look like you just heard the worst news of your life."

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Rq4Any2[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Sprite_SailorMoonEarlier02_zpsvate7eei [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 JBtc6h7 [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 2DMlRL9 [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 MOS3y8g [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Sprite_NeoSailorMars-1_zpsmlohafhh[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 J9FkIOw
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 2:25 am

Minako heard Kunihiro’s unmistakable voice behind her, and instantly she felt cold. Despite what was going on in her mind, she hated that he was trying to be cute and warm. Why did he have to be so… caring? It was all just an act anyway, wasn’t it?

She liked to think she could read people well, and the more she rewound this entire night in her memory, the more she realized that Kunihiro was a really good actor. Or maybe he was one of those sociopaths who could actually become a different person entirely when the situation necessitated it.

She felt so angry and humiliated that she didn’t bother hiding her expression from him. “As a matter of fact, I just had a revelation,” she said, her tone cold and unfeeling. He didn’t deserve her cheerfulness, her warmth, her light. He did not deserve to even be in the same room as her.

“Tell me something, Kunihiro,” she turned to face him head-on, her eyes blazing. She didn’t bother with a pet name or a cutesy nickname this time. She didn’t even bother with any honorifics at all. “And please don’t lie to me anymore. You’ve done enough of that, and I’ve never done anything bad to you, so I don’t even know why I deserve to be humiliated like this. If you had even an ounce of decency in you, you will tell me the truth.”

She balled up her fists beside her body, knowing Mio was likely watching this entire exchange and was probably enjoying the huge blow-up that was about to happen. But she didn’t care anymore. She’d stopped caring about anything except her own pain since two minutes ago.

“Did you really only ask me here because of a dare?” she asked finally, staring straight into his eyes, practically daring him to lie again.

What she did not care to admit was, a part of her was begging, pleading, at that very moment, that he would say no, that Mio was the one lying after all, and it would be the truth.

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime4th February 2015, 6:52 pm

Kunihiro felt chills run down his spine as Minako spoke. The tone in her voice was cold and harsh, as if she was filled with so much anger and resentment towards him. Had he done something to upset her?

He gasped quietly. Had Mio said something?

The silver-haired upperclassman was taken aback when Minako spun, her blue eyes bright with a vengeful fire. He felt guilty as he listened to her speak, suddenly realizing how cold and rude he had been towards her. She was right...she didn't deserve that. She hadn't done a single thing to him, and yet he treated her like garbage. Kunihiro had always known deep down that she was so much more than what he treated her to be, and she deserved better than him.

Maybe that was why he had been so awful to her. He knew he didn't deserve her, so he assumed he would never get her.

And now look - they seemed to have developed some sort of weird friendship, and he had ruined it all.

He was prone to ruin things.

Then there it was: the question of the evening. Kunihiro felt his entire body get cold as many eyes turned towards them. So she knew - someone, probably Mio, had told her. His mind struggled to come with an excuse, some sort of way out, a method of getting her to not be so mad at him and see things from his perspective.

His eyes were locked on hers, and he knew he couldn't lie to her. He wouldn't. The pain he saw in her eyes was almost too much for him to bear - and the fact that he caused it made him feel even worse. He knew she was trying to hide how upset she was, he could feel it.

With a sigh, his shoulders slumped and he looked down. "A-at first, yes..." he said dismally.

He looked up again, his eyes pleading. "Minako, I -" he paused. The apology was stuck in his throat, his selfish pride getting in the way of his intentions. He couldn't apologize. He couldn't show her that kind of weakness. Instead, he remained silent, leaving his sentence unfinished.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime5th February 2015, 3:21 am

Minako didn’t care to hear more, even if Kunihiro could provide the words, which he could not. The moment she heard his confession, no matter how he might try to spin it, she felt crushed. And not in the ways that she’d been crushed before. Minako had had a lot of crushes on various boys. More often than not, they weren’t interested or already had a girlfriend or some other girl they really liked.

Those weren’t heartbreaks. They weren’t even comparable to real heartbreaks. Those where childish, silly things that she could easily get over, to move on to the next person with no great effort.

She knew this because what she felt now was at least ten times worse. It felt real, and god, why did everything hurt even though there was nothing physically wrong with her? Her heart actually ached, she couldn’t breathe, feeling like she was pressed on all sides and all she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry.

But she couldn’t. Instead, she slapped him. Hard.

She didn’t care who was watching anymore, or what it would do to her reputation. He’d done a shameful thing that he should regret, and she wasn’t going to let him get away with it just because they happened to be in public.

“Do not. Ever. Talk. To me. Again.”

With that, she marched out of the suffocating gym, deliberately not looking at anyone. And very determinedly not crying until she was out of everyone’s sight.

The feeling of the cool night air was a blessed relief. She walked as far as the parking lot and took several deep breaths. She could get ahold of herself. She shouldn’t cry, because Kunihiro did not deserve her tears. She kept telling herself this even as she tried to focus on a plan; she could not go back inside, so how would she get home? Certainly not with Kunihiro. Perhaps she could call her father. He would not be pleased with the turn of events, but she could prevent him from punching a high school student at the homecoming dance. Probably. Even if said student deserved it.

Or maybe she should go back inside, dance with other guys, and show how Kunihiro had not ruined her night at all. Because damn him if he destroyed her first high school dance for her. This night was supposed to be…

A sob finally escaped from her. It was supposed to be perfect.

“E-excuse me…”

The sound of someone’s voice made her jump, and she turned abruptly. The first thing she saw was the offered handkerchief. On the other end of it was an unfamiliar hand, and as her gaze traveled further upward she saw the uncertain face of an awkward-looking guy.

It took her a moment to recall his name, since she’d only met him once in the hallways that fateful day before Kunihiro asked her to the dance.

“Motoki-kun…?” she asked, wiping an escaping tear quickly.

Despite his worried look, his entire face brightened. “You remember,” he said in astonishment. “Aino-san.” He offered her the handkerchief again.

“Thanks,” Minako took it and used it to brush away the rest of the tears. “But I’m fine, really.”

“I… I saw what happened in there. I thought… I’m sorry. I could leave you if you wanted to be alone.”

“No,” Minako said, surprising herself. “I really don’t want to be alone right now. Please stay.”

“O-okay,” he said, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. “Do… you want to talk about it?”

“Not really.” She turned toward him, his genuine smiling face, and wondered why she never fell for the good guys. “Why are popular men such jerks?” she asked instead.

Motoki looked surprised, and grinned uncertainly. “I… I wouldn’t know, Aino-san. I’ve never been popular.”

“You can call me Minako,” she said, looking up at the sky. The moon was particularly bright tonight, and something about it made her feel nostalgic. “Have you got a girlfriend, Motoki-kun?”

Motoki seemed even more shocked by this question. “Of course not. No girl wants to even get close to me…”

“Why?” she turned to look at him, genuinely curious.

“I… I don’t know,” he said self-consciously. “They think I’m weird. And there’s the whole principal’s son thing. I guess they’re afraid I’ll report things to him… Which I would never do, by the way.”

Minako looked at him for a long moment, until he started blushing and looked down sheepishly. “I think you’re a good guy, Motoki-kun,” Minako said sincerely. “And any girl would be lucky to have you.”

He seemed floored, but his entire face beamed nonetheless. “Really? M-Minako-san… that means a lot coming from a beautiful girl like you. I… I don’t know what happened exactly between you and Hiro-san, but… I think any guy who treats you poorly is stupid.”

Minako laughed, which was something she did not think she would do again tonight. She grabbed Motoki’s hand spontaneously and smiled. “Thank you. You are very right. They are dumb and stupid indeed.”

And just like that, she felt immensely better.

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th February 2015, 3:34 pm

Kunihiro attempted to speak again when he was met instead by a hard slap to the face.

It stung. Not because of how hard she had hit him, but because of the fact that she had hit him.

It burned.

Gasps were heard all around them, and Kunihiro watched in dismay as Minako stormed out of the gym. He stood there alone, his fists clenched as he glared at the floor. Why did he have to be so stupid and inconsiderate? Why couldn't he just be a smart person for once and not fall for peer pressure?

Why couldn't he just stop driving away the people he cared for?

First his mother, then his father, and now Minako. Soon his friends would leave him, and then he would truly be alone. But hey, he thought, maybe he was better off that way. If he were to be alone, then he couldn't really hurt anyone, could he?

Heaving a heavy sigh, Kunihiro ran a frustrated hand through his hair. He was suddenly surprised by a heavy clap on the shoulder. He knew exactly who it was.

"Hey man, how's that face doing?" Satoshi laughed, his beaming face making Kunihiro feel sick. It was this guy's fault Minako was so upset. He ought to beat Satoshi's face in while he still had the chance.

'No. It's not his fault. It's yours.'

Kunihiro forced himself so smile. "It's fine," he laughed. "She's just a hormonal freshman. She'll come crawling back to me sooner or later," he said, shrugging his shoulders as if the shame he felt was no big deal. Soon enough, he found that Mio had slithered over to them, her eyes showing the guilt Kunihiro knew she had. Upon seeing her, he immediately felt sick to his stomach. God, this girl was so psychotic. How could she even live with herself?

"Hiro-san, forget about that whiny freshman. She's nothing compared to me," Mio purred, sliding her arms around Kunihiro's neck. Disgusted, Kunihiro removed her pale arms and stepped back. "Get off me," he growled. Mio looked surprised, her eyes widening like a deer caught in headlights. "You make me sick, you know that? I want you to stay away from me from now on. I'm done with you, Mio."

Kunihiro turned and stalked off, his footsteps confident and filled with triumph. It felt good giving Mio a taste of her own medicine.

Hurriedly, the silver-haired quarterback exited the gym to find Minako. He had to see her and at least apologize. Seeing Mio had made him realize that he really did have some sort of feelings for Minako, and he wasn't ready to let her go.

'I'm not letting her go again.'

The thought was strange, but familiar at the same time. He had hurt her before, he could feel it. The deja vu was too strong for him to ignore. Whatever had happened between them in the past, he had to fix it now. He had to make a change. He needed to apologize.

"Minako-ch -"

Kunihiro was yelling Minako's name as he turned a corner, but suddenly froze, her name caught in his throat. He could see her standing down the hall with that nerdy Motoki kid. Wasn't he the principal's son?

Suddenly feeling a constricting pain in his chest, Kunihiro sank back into the shadows. He felt wounded, more so than any injury he had received on the football field. This was...deep.

It was almost like his world was falling on top of him, and everything was suddenly coming to an end. Of course Minako would go for a guy like Motoki. It was only fitting that the beautiful girl got the perfect guy.

Kunihiro was not the perfect guy. He was a failure, a screw-up, a stain. He didn't belong in her life, and he never did.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th February 2015, 1:06 am

It wasn’t until Motoki’s face turned bright red that Minako realized what she’d done, and she gently let go of his hand. She didn’t want to lead him on or anything—after everything that happened with Kunihiro, she had half a mind to just forget about guys forever. Clearly, she was only ever meant for heartbreak, and she was frankly quite tired of it.

The sound of the principal’s voice drifted out from the gym, reaching both of them, rather muffled by the doors but the words could still be easily heard.

“Gather round, my dear students! It’s time to announce this year’s Homecoming King and Queen!”

Minako did not react, and Motoki turned to her. “Um… Minako-san, don’t you want to come back in for that?”

She looked at him oddly. “No. I’m a freshman; there’s no way I’d win.” Even if she came with Kunihiro. Right? The memory of him stabbed her like a fresh wound all over again. How could something that had made her feel so joyful and excited before now feel like a thousand knives in her heart?

“Well… you never know. I, uh… I personally voted for you,” Motoki admitted shyly.

“You did?” Minako blinked. “But you didn’t even know me.”

“Eh… I don’t like any of the other candidates,” he shrugged matter-of-factly, making Minako laugh again.

“Well, thank you. Don’t you want to get inside? What if you win?”

“Ha!” This time it was his turn to laugh. “Nah, it’ll never happen. I think even if I was popular enough for it, my father would just pick the runner-up. He would be afraid of being accused of nepotism.”

“Wow,” Minako shook her head. “Your life here is really rough, Motoki-kun. You should have just gone to another school.”

“Yeah…” He looked down miserably. “My father wanted me to get the best education, too, and unfortunately he believed that would be here. It’s all so complicated and messy.”

Minako was about to comment when the sound of drumroll came and the principal’s voice drifted toward them again. “And this year’s Shiba Kōen Homecoming Queen issss….” A terribly long pause, then…

“Aino Minako!”

Minako almost choked on her own spit. “What?” she turned back toward the gym, as if expecting an explanation to come from the doors.

Motoki brightened. “Minako-san! It’s you! I knew it! Congratulations! You have to get back there and get your crown!”

“No!” Minako exclaimed, panic bubbling up in her. “I couldn’t have won! This must be a mistake. Is this a joke?”

“Aino Minako-san!” the principal called again. “Where is Aino Minako-san?”

“He’s calling for you!” Motoki urged again.

“But… but after what happened… I can’t!”

“Minako-san,” Motoki said seriously. “Are you seriously going to let Hiro-san ruin this for you, too?”

The sincerity in his eyes made Minako smile, and she sighed. He was right; whatever had happened, the student body had voted for her, and she was the Homecoming Queen. She might as well embrace it.

“Okay… But will you come with me?”

“Of course,” he said without hesitation. She grinned, and both of them walked back into the gym. When she opened the doors, everyone cheered, and she felt like she was finally getting her proper entrance. With her head held high, Minako strode onto the stage, accepting the crown. She caught Mio’s eyes, glinting with a mix of emotions that Minako couldn’t decipher, but right now she didn’t care. Mio had ruined her night once, and she wasn’t about to do it again. Besides, Minako was the one with the crown.

Queen Aino Minako is in the house.

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th February 2015, 10:05 am

Feeling defeated, Kunihiro trudged back into the gymnasium. His friends were all waiting for him, and he knew he would have to give Satoshi some sort of explanation as to why he snapped at Mio. But surprisingly, there were no interrogations from his teammates. They all welcomed him back without any sort of speculation. Most of the guys were either drinking the spiked punch or checking out the cheerleaders dancing in their short dresses. Typical jock behavior.

The music stopped, and there was a screech coming from the speakers as the principal tapped on the microphone. "Gather round, my dear students!" the principal said, his voice strangely enthusiastic. "It's time to announce this year's Homecoming King and Queen!"

The room grew quiet, and everyone listened expectantly for the announcement.

It seemed like the principal was taking a million years to open the damn envelope.

"And this year’s Shiba Kōen Homecoming Queen issss..."

There was a drumroll made by all of the football players against the tables.

"Aino Minako!"

Kunihiro's face paled, and his head turned sharply towards the gymnasium doors. Minako was still outside, and he didn't think she would be coming in any time soon. How did she get Homecoming Queen? She was just a freshman, and Mio always won these things. Was it because she was Kunihiro's date this year?

Thinking of Mio, Kunihiro looked for the short cheerleader to see her reaction. Instead of looking angry or upset, Mio was...smiling? She was looking right at him, too. The demonic cheerleader winked at him before turning back to her giggling posse. It was then that Kunihiro also noticed that the other football players were snickering and trying to hold in their laughter.

This was not good.

Kunihiro knew that he would win King. He always did. And Minako...she was angry with him, and...they would have to dance...together...

"And this year's Homecoming King is, to no one's surprise I'm sure, Kinzoku Kunihiro!"

The football players erupted in laughter, all clapping Kunihiro on the back and shoving him forward towards the stage. Kunihiro's feet felt like they were made of lead as he trudged to the stage, not wanting to put himself or Minako into this awkward situation. But he made it up there anyway, and allowed the short principal to stretch in order to put the crown on Kunihiro's head. He could feel the tension between himself and the blonde freshman beside him, but as the principal announced their first dance, Kunihiro couldn't help but think that this might be a good opportunity to apologize.

The slow music began, and Kunihiro led Minako off of the stage and to the dancefloor, where he placed both hands on her waist and started to sway. He was always a good dancer, but with Minako right now the tension was so high that he felt awkward. He didn't deserve to be this close to her, he thought.

Taking a deep breath, Kunihiro mustered up the courage to talk.

"Minako-chan, I..." he paused. 'Don't chicken out now.'

"I'm sorry about...my behavior. I don't deserve the chance to explain, but...I figure since we're here, I might as well try. So...I just wanted to say that even though I asked you out because of a dare, I...I really enjoyed your company tonight. Everything I've said to you tonight - it was all the truth. You're a great girl, and even though I don't really deserve you, I want you to know that I really am sorry."

Kunihiro laughed quietly. "I'm an idiot, aren't I?"

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime18th February 2015, 12:06 am

She did not figure this into her plan.

How could she not realize what would happen next? Minako felt so silly. Of course Kunihiro would win Homecoming King. Not only he was the popular guy, but he was also her date. It made sense that they would be crowned together. Who did she expect to stand by her side anyway?

She gritted her teeth as his name was announced and tried to keep a neutral expression. She could already see some kids laughing, no doubt enjoying the drama that was Kunihiro and Minako forced to stand together after what had gone down before. Minako didn’t even realize the gravity of what she’d done until now. She, the new freshman girl, had slapped him, the most popular and beloved guy at school, in front of everyone. The whole world saw that.

And now everyone knew that something happened between them. And what would everyone think of her? The crazy, short-tempered, ungrateful, rude new girl who had no idea how many other girls would kill to be in her position? Would she get shunned for this? Would she be kicked out of the cheerleading team?

Actually, that wouldn’t be so bad. If she never saw Mio’s face again, it would be too soon.

But Kunihiro had lied to her. Had tricked and humiliated her, and the least she could do was show to his friends that she wasn’t a pushover. She wasn’t the kind of girl who’d forgive him anything just because he was popular or good-looking.

He wasn’t even that good-looking.

Anyway, the point was, she wasn’t that kind of girl. And she was proud of that.

She could only pretend Kunihiro wasn’t there for so long. She’d stared straight ahead, ignoring him completely, until… the principal announced the first dance.

Minako once again cursed herself for not seeing this coming. Of course there was a first dance. It was only the stupidest tradition in high school dances. What was this supposed to be; a wedding?

With great reluctance, she finally turned toward Kunihiro. To his credit, he looked as if he, too, would rather be anywhere but there and looked partly scared, partly guilty. She followed him silently to the dance floor, hating that every part of her body that he touched was reacting in the very opposite way than she wanted.

But she couldn’t exactly not touch him. So she rested her hands lightly on his shoulder and tried not to look at him.

But that just made her look at everyone, who was staring with imaginary popcorns in their hands waiting for another drama to break out, so Minako finally just looked at Kunihiro’s chest, the only object in front of her that didn’t directly offend her.

Although, how dare it be so wide and strong and how nice would it be to snuggle in there—

Oh, god. She was losing it. Focus, Minako!

Thankfully, he spoke. Which broke the awkward silence. Also, he called her ‘Minako-chan’. That caught her off guard. It was always ‘blondie’ before, and now it was ‘Minako-chan’ and she didn’t know if she should be offended or not. He hadn’t acquired the right to call her so casually, had he?

But why did it sound so nice?

She listened to his fumbling apology. It was cliché; kind of like the dozen apologies she’d heard on the tons of romantic comedy movies she’d watched. Yeah, yeah, I started out as a jerk but then I really did fall for you and everything else is real.

Not that he’d really fallen for her. That’d be… silly.

“That’s the first truthful thing you’ve said all night,” she commented when he was done. “You are an idiot.”

She didn’t know if she could trust anything else he said. Or that he was really sorry. “You know, I couldn’t figure out the way you act half the time. One moment you’re nice, then you’re a jerk, and it’s like I’m dealing with a multiple personality disorder here. All I’ve ever wanted was just to know what you really want from me. Do you think girls like mind games or something? Is that your strategy to get close to someone, because if it is I’m here to tell you that it sucks.”

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime2nd March 2015, 6:45 pm

Kunihiro suddenly felt very conscious of Minako's hands on his shoulders. He felt like her very touch was burning through his clothing and onto his skin, and it made him uncomfortable. Why was he getting so worked up?

He looked down at his feet, ashamed of himself and the way he had been acting. Kunihiro knew he was driving Minako insane. Hell, half of it had been done on purpose. He couldn't really help it - he loved getting a reaction from her. She made him smile in a way that no one had been able to do since his mom left.

Kunihiro removed one hand from her waist and ran it through his hair in frustration. How could he say what he needed to say without sounding like a jerk? 

"I know, you're right, and I -"

The music was starting to end, and Kunihiro knew this was his last chance. It was now or never.

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime6th March 2015, 8:48 pm

He admitted she was right. Minako had to admit that was a surprise. And then… the next thing he said made her wonder if maybe she’d misheard. Maybe her imagination was running wild. Not that she wanted him to ask her to be his girlfriend or something.

If Minako had been drinking something, she would have certainly choked on it. As it was, she actually stopped dead in her tracks and almost tripped over his foot as a result.

“I… wha…?” she stammered, staring at him in disbelief.

She tried again. “I’m sorry, I don’t think I heard that correctly.”

He would have to explain how they went from zero to thirty in under ten seconds.

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7th March 2015, 8:11 am

Kunihiro blanched. He was so close - so close to having her as his. She would be his and his alone, and that idiot Motoki would never take her away from him. He would get the chance to make her happy, to give her the treatment she deserved. He would get to make up for his mistakes.

But what if she were to say no?

The possibility was painful to even think about. 

Kunihiro looked into Minako's eyes. Never had he felt more serious about a particular thing. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked. The words sounded odd coming off of his lips. He had never really spoken them before - in past relationships, they just kind of...happened. For the first time in his life, he was actually trying.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th March 2015, 11:10 am

He was serious.

If anything, that was probably what terrified Minako the most. The look in his eyes when he repeated his words were dead serious, and her heart wanted her to jump into his arms, which was even more horrifying. No! She couldn’t be that easy. She shouldn’t be that easy. He had to earn her, to win her over, if that was truly what he wanted.

“Why?” she asked instead, trying hard to sound determined. “Why should I? How do I know this isn’t another one of your dares? And why do you even want me to be your girlfriend? Are you telling me the way you’ve been treating me all this time is because you like me? None of this is making any sense, Kunihiro.”

It took every ounce of her restraint not to say yes, but Minako knew just because she felt something for him that she didn’t recall ever feeling for anyone else did not mean that she should suddenly throw all caution to the wind. If anything, if this was the real thing, then she should be all the more careful about it. She owed that much to herself. All those love stories might be able to easily say forget everything when you find true love—well, this wasn’t a fairy tale, was it?

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime26th March 2015, 12:40 pm

Kunihiro was starting to feel even more desperate. He was losing her. Fast.

"Look into my eyes and tell me if I'm lying," he said, staring into Minako's gorgeous blue eyes. He could see the fear, the doubt, the disbelief. But somewhere, he knew there had to be some sort of glimmer of happiness. She had to feel what he felt too, right? Right?

"Minako, I...I can't explain it. I know that what I've done is wrong, but...I also know that there's something about you I can't ignore. I'm too stupid to think of any words, but I feel...connected to you. Like I've met you before, or something...god I don't know. I probably sound like an idiot."

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11th April 2015, 9:59 am

Minako looked into his eyes, and she was terrified by what she saw. The sincerity was what scared her. Because… she felt the intensity of them, and with it she also felt the intensity of the heartbreak that awaited her when everything went wrong. If she did this… if she dared to take this leap and jumped headfirst into this relationship, giving her entire heart for the first time in her life to someone like Kunihiro… the thought was too terrifying. It’d be like opening her heart up to all sorts of vulnerability. It’d be falling in love for real and what if things didn’t work out? What if he would keep letting the peer pressure dictate his decisions even after she became his girlfriend? He’d keep treating her like dirt, and make stupid choices like taking her out on a date because of a dare, and Mio would keep making her life hell all year…

And what was scarier was that his words rang true. It would make no sense to anyone else, but Minako felt the exact same way. That connection. That thunderstruck feeling she got when she first laid eyes on him. Like seeing a person from a distant memory… quite like love at first sight but not really. It was like she already knew him, or at least her soul did, as strange as that sounded. It felt like… they were meant to be. The familiarity he spoke of was painfully clear to Minako herself.

But that made her all the more frightened. It all seemed to come with so much… pressure. Like they had to get it right, or it’d ruin her heart forever. And Minako couldn’t have that. As wonderful as this feeling felt, it was unexplainable and it was intimidating. She was not in some Romeo and Juliet story. And anyway, that ended up with them dying, and somehow that felt chillingly familiar too. She had this feeling that while they could be great together, they had once tried and it ended up dooming them both. There was some forbidden feeling to the whole thing and she felt like she should listen to that warning voice.

Minako was fifteen years old.

She was not ready for epic tragedies.

“I’m sorry,” she said finally, speaking for the first time after a long silence. “I… I can’t.”

She felt terrible the moment she said it, but soldiered on. “I don’t think that’s enough. I barely know you… and all the choices you’ve made up until this point has been for everyone else’s benefit except mine, the person you claim to care about. How can I trust you now? How can I believe that you won’t make the same stupid mistakes? Or that you’d put my happiness above all things including your popularity? And honestly, this is my first year of high school. I don’t really want to deal with all this drama, Kunihiro. I think maybe you should stick with Mio; it looks like you both are the better fit.”

She stopped and let go of him as the song finally ended. Minako gave him one last look, and a part of her crumbled. Was she really doing this? Really walking away from what could be the greatest love story of her life?

But no. That was a silly notion. For once in her life, she was going to use her brain instead of her heart. It would save her from getting hurt and getting played by ignorant guys like Kunihiro.

“I had a nice night. I mean… before it all exploded and went to hell. So… thanks, I guess. You don’t have to take me home.”

With that, she turned, and though it took every ounce of her willpower, walked away from him.

It felt like it was not the first time.

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th April 2015, 3:14 pm

She rejected him.

In one moment, all of Kunihiro's pain came back in a flood of memories and anguish. He had practically poured his heart out to Minako, and for what? Rejection? For her to turn her back on him? For her to walk away the same way his mother did?

He couldn't move. Never would Kunihiro have guessed that he would be standing there, watching as the most perfect girl to ever walk into his life walked right back out. It was painful, to say the least. He was so close, so close to having Minako as his own. Did she really not feel the same way? No...that couldn't be true. He could have swore he saw it in her eyes - that look people get when they realize something important. He knew there was something she wasn't telling him. 

And that was enough.

As long as she had that look in her eyes, the pained look of trying to hold back, he knew his chance hadn't been totally destroyed. She did feel something for him, and he wasn't going to stop until she admitted it. As her silken blonde hair disappeared through the crowd, Kunihiro couldn't help the small smile turning up the corners of his lips. He was going to fight for her. His father had taught him that by letting her walk away, he would lose everything. 

Even though she couldn't hear him, Kunihiro couldn't prevent the mutter escape his lips:

"I'm not giving up."

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime13th April 2015, 5:06 am

It had been several weeks since the fateful Homecoming Dance. Against her better judgment, Minako stayed in the cheerleading squad because she actually liked the activity. Mio had finally stopped giving her a hard time now that she was barely speaking with Kunihiro, although seeing her smug face every time she looked Minako’s way was quite aggravating. But soon Minako learned to brush it off and just ignore it. And Mio eventually got bored and moved on to other victims.

She and Motoki actually grew closer in the following weeks. It happened naturally; he started saying hi to her in the halls, she started sitting with him at lunch occasionally despite the disapproving stare from the cheerleading squad. Clearly, Motoki wasn’t qualified to sit with a cheerleader. But Minako didn’t care. She’d decided to stop letting them dictate her decisions regarding her social life.

And then one day Motoki shyly approached her in front of her locker, saying he had two tickets to watch a concert for one of Minako’s most beloved idols. She had pretty much spontaneously hugged him and said yes in the fastest manner possible. He’d blushed and looked completely flustered, but seemed very pleased with himself. That was the good thing with Motoki. He really wanted to get to know her, and he paid attention to what she said. He knew what she liked and always tried to give her those things.

When they went on their first date sometime in November, Minako felt relaxed and happy. It was completely different from the bundle of anxiety that she was when she prepared for the dance with Kunihiro. Being with Motoki was easy. Comfortable. He didn’t play games, he didn’t make her guess what was going through his mind, and he was always upfront and honest. Minako found him like a breath of fresh air.

At the end of that date, when he looked uncertainly but hopefully at her while they stood at the front stoop of her house, Minako gave him a kiss.

A short and sweet one, but one that she could clearly see brought him to cloud nine.

Even her parents seemed to like him better than they did Kunihiro. Her father didn’t regard him with suspicion, and the moment Minako had said he was the principal’s son, her mother gave her 100% approval. They proceeded to invite him for dinner the next week, and Minako found herself watching the easy conversation between Motoki and her parents happily. They seemed to find his awkwardness charming, and her mother wouldn’t stop trying to take care of him like a second child, offering him enough food to feed an entire football team.

This was a guy she should be with. This was what she needed in her life. Simple happiness. No drama or heartbreak.

They’d never really talked about their status, until one day at school Minako stopped by his locker. They’d never held hands or appear affectionate while at school, largely because he seemed to try and keep a respectful distance with her when they were around their friends, but Minako knew it was for her benefit. Motoki didn’t think too highly of himself and still couldn’t seem to believe someone like Minako would go out with him. He was afraid that announcing to the world they were together would embarrass her.

But Minako was ready to let the world know. She was sure that Motoki was the one she wanted to be with. So that day at lunch, she found him at his locker and casually entwined her fingers with his. He looked surprised, but pleased.

“Want to go to the cafeteria together?” Minako asked with a grin.

Motoki looked around, as if emphasizing to her that people could see them. That people were watching. “Are… are you sure, Minako-chan?”

“Well, we gotta eat, right?” she answered easily, then, once he’d closed his locker, she sidled up to him, bravely showing to everyone that they were decidedly not just friends.

People were definitely noticing, but Minako held her head up and just continued walking with Motoki. After all, she happened to be proud to be his girlfriend.

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime23rd April 2015, 4:04 pm

If it wouldn't make Minako hate him more, Kunihiro would have shoved Motoki into a dumpster every chance he got.

Honestly, the kid was a complete idiot who had no place in a social environment. He was awkward, dressed like a nerd, talked like a nerd, walked like a nerd, and he did nothing useful with his life. Then there was Kunihiro, tall, dashing, handsome, cool, maybe a little stupid, but still. Way better than the principal's freaking son.

Every time he saw Minako walking with him, it felt like there was a fist clenching around his heart. He didn't know why it hurt so badly to see her with him, but it did anyway. The feelings he had for her would only get stronger the more he saw her with him, and his desire to make her his only increased. She was everything he had ever wanted and more, and a deep part of him needed her. Her smile, her laugh, her voice, her eyes, her everything

But did he really deserve her?

It was a question he asked himself every single day. He knew the answer was no, but that was why he kept asking himself the same question. Because he was waiting for the day when the answer would change. 

It was obvious they were dating at this point. They may not have announced it or anything, but Kunihiro wasn't an idiot. But today was the first time they actually really showed it in public, and as Kunihiro walked a few yards behind the awkward couple, he felt the pang of jealousy. What was so great about a nerd who had only ever kissed his mommy? 

Feeling the need to prove his dominance, Kunihiro lengthened his strides to catch up with Minako.

"Oi, Minako-chan!" he shouted, using her nickname for emphasis. He was now on her other side, smiling his prize-winning smile. "Hey, so I didn't really get the chance to write down today's algebra assignment. Do you remember what it was?" 

Flashing a sinister wink at Motoki, Kunihiro waited patiently for Minako's response.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime25th April 2015, 12:56 am

Minako flinched when she heard Kunihiro’s voice, using a nickname that she certainly hadn’t given him permission to use. She almost wished he would keep calling her ‘blondie’ now, because ‘Minako-chan’ felt way too personal. They weren’t best friends. She hadn’t talked to him in forever and she was happy about that.

She turned to look at him and immediately regretted it. How dare he look that good? That smile must be illegal.

She frowned at his question. “If you knew me at all, you’d know math is at the bottom of the list of things I care about. Why don’t you ask one of the actually smart people?” She spied one such person—a boy from their class who consistently got A’s and who was probably even more awkward than Motoki—walking by and seized her chance.

“Kawamura-san!” Minako waved at him.

He turned to look at her, completely shocked that she even knew his name. He adjusted his glasses nervously. “Y-yes, Aino-san?”

“Kinzoku-senpai here seems to have missed today’s algebra assignment. You can help him out, right?”

As Kawamura looked uncertainly at Kunihiro, Minako moved around both of them and continued waltzing to the cafeteria with Motoki, who seemed just as confused but eventually decided not to question it.

If Kunihiro was trying to get her attention, he’d have to try a hell of a lot harder.

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime25th April 2015, 4:24 pm

Before Kunihiro even had time to respond, a nerd was standing next to him and Minako was halfway down the hall. The short freshman was whimpering like a loser, just waiting for Kunihiro to punch him or shove him in a locker. 

"Jeez, stop doing that. Get out of here," Kunihiro grumbled, stalking after Minako. The freshman sprinted away as fast as he could, not daring to look back. He'd just have to make some other plan to get her back.

At lunch, Kunihiro was sitting at the table trying to devise some sort of plan when Mio plopped right onto his lap. Her thin arms snaked around his neck as her face was almost pressed against his. Mio hadn't said anything to him ever since the dance, and now she was sitting on his lap?

Girls were so confusing.

"Hiro-sannnnn, you haven't RSVP'd to my party yet!" she whined, sticking her bottom lip out. 

Kunihiro raised an eyebrow. "You haven't talked to me in weeks, why the hell would I go to your stupid party?"

Mio made a weird sound with her mouth and waved a hand dismissively. "Oh, forget all of that. So you'll be there, right? Come on, it's celebrating the end of the season! Don't make the cheerleaders sad!"

Glancing behind him, Kunihiro saw all of the cheerleaders staring at him with big, fake eyes. Rolling his eyes, the silver-haired junior pushed Mio off of him. "I'll think about it. But in the mean time, don't touch me," he warned. Mio stared at him in disbelief as he got up and headed towards the doors. 

He didn't even see someone else walking towards him. By the time he noticed, it was too late. 

Kunihiro ran straight into Motoki, who lost his balance and toppled to the floor with his lunch tray. Food went everywhere - all over Motoki, on Kunihiro's jacket, all over the floor, and even on some other kids. Shocked by what had just happened, Kunihiro looked down at Motoki with fire in his eyes. But instead of saying anything, he just growled and walked out.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime8th May 2015, 3:13 am

Minako was trying to enjoy lunch with Motoki as best she could. She was determined to ignore Kunihiro and whoever else might be staring at them. She’d finally gotten her peace and she intended to keep it by whatever means necessary.

Then she made the mistake to glance toward Kunihiro’s table. What did she do that for? She immediately mentally cursed herself. Of course Mio was on his lap. She turned away again, disgusted both with them and with herself for even looking that way.

Where was Motoki when she desperately needed him? Oh right, he was still in the queue because he just had to go back and get some more yoghurt or whatever. Minako turned to look for him in time to see the massive collision that happened. With disbelief, she saw Kunihiro bumping into Motoki, throwing food everywhere. Her jaw literally dropped as the cafeteria grew silent around her.

Motoki looked mortified and not at all sure what he was supposed to do. “Motoki-kun!” Minako finally found her voice again and jumped up from her table. She went to help him, but then she saw how Kunihiro had the nerve to look pissed at Motoki—whose lunch he had just completely ruined—and simply walked away. What the…?!

Minako dashed after him. She stopped right in front of the doors before he could walk out of them. “Excuse me,” she said in a not at all polite tone. Glaring at him, she pointed at the mess he left behind. “I think you owe my boyfriend an apology.”

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12th May 2015, 2:13 pm

Kunihiro was mildly suprised when Minako suddenly appeared in front of him, her glare was angry enough to make any regular person shudder. Her voice wasn't any less cold, and he knew he was in trouble. An angry Minako always meant some sort of headache afterwards - if he managed to escape.

But at the moment, he was aggravated enough not to care. 

"An apology? For what? Your boyfriend not knowing how to walk and look up at the same time? Real prize you've got there, Minako. Isn't it a little embarrassing that his girlfriend has to stand up for him?"

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime15th May 2015, 6:26 am

Minako’s blood boiled as she heard every word that came out of Kunihiro’s mouth. “For bumping into him and ruining his lunch! Even if it was an accident, you could have at least offered to help.” She realized her mistake when he said she had to stand up for her boyfriend, and when she turned to look at Motoki, she saw how embarrassed he was. She was not helping him, was she? She was just making things worse. And she hated to admit it, but Kunihiro was right. Motoki would never stand up to him on her own. He would have just let the whole thing slip.

And that made her even angrier.

“You know, maybe if you’re less of a jerk all the time, I would have said yes when you asked me to be your girlfriend,” she hissed, then walked away. She returned to Motoki’s side and helped him salvage whatever could be salvaged from his lunch. His entire face was red and he couldn’t even look at her.

“I-I think I’ll just leave it, Minako-san. I don’t really feel hungry anymore.” He awkwardly put the tray on a nearby table, then with one last look at her, he, too, walked out the door.

Minako sighed and walked after him. “I’m sorry I embarrassed you,” she said when they’d left the cafeteria.

He shook his head and looked as if he was about to cry. “No, I know you had good intentions. I just… I just wish I have the courage to do it myself.”

“You should!” she said passionately. “You’re in the same grade. No need to act like you’re beneath him or anything. When he makes a mistake, just call him out on it.”

Motoki looked at her with envy. “It’s so easy for you. I… I just freeze up every time. How do you do it? He’s two years older than you too…”

“I don’t let things like that bother me. Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter what your status. It’s as simple as that.” She squeezed his hand. “Now, we can’t both be hungry through the rest of the classes. Let’s sneak out and buy some food outside.”

“O-outside?” he looked alarmed. “But we’re not allowed to leave the premises.”

“Motoki-kun,” Minako asked seriously. “Do you want your life to be an adventure or not?”

He seemed undecided. But then after looking at her for a moment, he grinned and nodded. Minako smiled, grabbed his hand, and led him through a side door that she’d frequented herself.

She had already forgotten about Kunihiro.

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 7:20 pm

About a week after the lunchroom incident, Kunihiro still hadn't made any progress with Minako. She still hated him, he was still hung up on her, and Motoki was still annoying as hell.

It wasn't until Friday afternoon when Kunihiro finally got his big break.

He was walking down the hall to Spanish class when he overheard Motoki talking in a group with his nerd friends. They were all grinning like idiots and clapping the homewrecker on the back, probably congratulating him on his first chest hair or something. It wasn't until he heard Minako's name that Kunihiro stopped and pretended to be opening a locker so he could eavesdrop on their conversation.

"So you're taking her to an amushment park?" a kid with a headset asked.

"Yeah, I already bought the tickets and everything. I'm going to surprise her after school," Motoki replied, the dumb smile on his face making Kunihiro want to punch his teeth out. That was all the information he needed, though.

Walking down the hallway, Kunihiro was intercepted by Satoshi. "Hey man, you doing anything tonight? The guys are all planning on going out and wrecking the mini-golf course downtown. Wanna go?"

As appealing as that sounded, Kunihiro shook his head.

"Sorry Satoshi. I've got plans."

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime27th May 2015, 6:38 am

They were going to the amusement park! Minako couldn’t contain her excitement. It was one of her favorite places, after all. Motoki was so sweet, surprising her with tickets like that. See, this was something a good boyfriend would do.

The weather was perfect for it, and Minako couldn’t wait to try all the rides once they got there. “Ooh! That looks awesome!” she pointed at a ride that propelled the passengers up a tower before plummeting them all the way down again. “Doesn’t that look awesome, Motoki-kun?!”

She turned to Motoki and found his face pale. “Um… M-Minako-chan… maybe we should start with something less… extreme and work our way up.”

“Oh, okay,” Minako nodded, though she wasn’t sure why they needed to do the boring stuff. Didn’t they come here for the adrenaline? Maybe he thought she needed to ‘work her way up’ to it? She looked around. “What would you like to do first?”

Motoki pointed to the distance. “What about the Ferris Wheel? We can see the whole park from up there and decide where to go next.”

“Good idea!” Minako smiled. Ah, maybe he wanted something romantic first? Those capsules would give them some privacy, and it would certainly be quite romantic in there. She almost kicked herself for not thinking about the romance side of things. “Come on then!”

Before long, they had queued up in front of the Ferris Wheel, and when an empty capsule finally stopped before them, Minako bounded in excitedly. She looked out the other side of the window, which was facing a lake, and momentarily became transfixed by the beautiful scenery. “This is going to be so wonderful, right, Motoki-kun?”

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime3rd June 2015, 7:41 am

Kunihiro stayed far away from Minako and Motoki, but not so far that he couldn't keep an eye on them and intervene whenever he saw fit. When they began to walk towards the ferris wheel, he decided to make his first move.

Striding purposefully into the line, he ended up behind a large group of girls. Minako and Motoki were in line just in front of the group. Cursing under his breath, Kunihiro looked around in search of some way he could pass this ridiculously loud group. 

He suddenly noticed how loud they were, both in volume and in dress. They each wore bright colors, one red, one yellow, one green, one pink, and one purple. The colors reminded him a lot of a certain singing group that had become popular recently. Smirking, he glanced behind them at Motoki and tapped on the girl in purple's shoulder. She looked back at him, one annoyed eyebrow raised. "Hey, isn't that Takagi Reni's boyfriend?" he asked. The group gasped, rushing for Motoki in a heap of screams and giggles. They surrounded him, giving Kunihiro an open pathway to the car Minako had just stepped in. He looked inside, almost chuckling when he found Minako staring out the window. "It sure is, Minako-chan," he said, leaning against the capsule from the outside. He couldn't wait to see the look on her face.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime4th June 2015, 4:21 am

The words she expected came, but the voice sounded wrong. Minako whipped around just in time to see the Ferris Wheel operator ushering Kunihiro—who was decidedly not Motoki—into the capsule and securing the door. “Come on, there’s a line out here,” the man grumbled.

What the…? As their capsule started moving forward, Minako dashed to the door, horrified.

“Wait! You put in the wrong person! I’m not with him! Motoki-kun!” Minako looked around frantically but could not find him anywhere. The Ferris Wheel operator wasn’t listening to her at all, either. Finally she spotted Motoki’s face among a mob of girls, looking overwhelmed as they all swarmed him with excited squeals. For a moment confusion and jealousy stabbed her. Why were all those girls hanging onto Motoki?

Then she remembered that she wasn’t alone. Turning around, she saw Kunihiro, and suddenly it all clicked into place. “You did this. Didn’t you?” she said accusingly. She looked at him in disbelief. “What are you doing here anyway?! Are you stalking me?” she demanded, her hands on her hips. “Wow, this is just… desperate, Kunihiro. Seriously.”

She looked around and realized she was trapped with him, alone, until the ride was over.

Great. Just fantastic.

She tried to ignore the trepidation in her heart. She wasn’t afraid to be alone with him. Not at all. She knew who she wanted to be with, after all…

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime4th June 2015, 5:31 am

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 Img%5D

"Don't flatter yourself, Blondie. Everyone comes here on Saturday, but I guess you wouldn't know that, being a freshman," Kunihiro defended. "And besides, even if I did do this on purpose," he paused, leaning towards her, "there's nothing you can do about it now." He leaned back, looking over at her. "You're cute when you're mad," he laughed. They were ascending higher and higher as the ferris wheel picked up speed. Kunihiro looked out the window, wondering whether or not Motoki had gotten on. But none of that mattered now. He was going to make the best of the little time he had.

"Well, since we're in here, how've you been? Enjoying your time with the principal's kid?" The teasing sarcasm in Kunihiro's voice was easy to detect, especially with the complacent smirk on his face.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream   [Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Relaxed] Once Upon A Dream

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Silver Millennium :: RPG Forums :: Hall of Fame-