The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Relaxed] Mercurial Romance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

[Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th December 2014, 10:56 pm

Mercury glanced over at his lackluster response, seeing him struggling with something. She looked at the particular code he was working on, bringing it onto her screen. After a few minutes of scanning it, she had figured out what was messing up. But instead of  telling him like last time, she stopped and thought about it. Should she try to help again? What if Zoisite got angry? But Mercury couldn't just let him go around in circles forever, it just felt wrong...

Instead, she quietly rewrote the error causing part and switched to working on a different part of the system. The part he had been altering should be completely functional for every scenario now.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th December 2014, 12:06 am

"Do you really think me such a fool that I wouldn't notice when the code I have been working at was suddenly changed?" he demanded frostily, refusing to look at the woman beside him. How dare she be so presumptuous! It was beginning to become obvious that she didn't want him working on the project with her. He was no awake enough yet for this bull and his stomach chose now to remind him that he hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon. Not bothering to wait for her retort, which would probably be some insults about his intelligence, or in her eyes, lack there of, he gracefully stood up from his chair left the room, intending on seeking food. 

~~~~

"Presumptuous wench! Who does she think she is?" he grumbled to himself as he made himself a sandwich. He had to admit that putting an entire meal of food between two slices of bread was ingenious. 

"Do I even want to know?" Nephrite asked, leaning against the entrance to the kitchen, smirk on his face. Seemed like his brother and Mercury weren't getting along again. Seems like they did this the first time around and then ended in an incredibly passionate relationship. 

"Mercury is going around thinking she's so much smarter than everyone else, that no one can keep up with her, it's so infuriating!" Zoisite ranted. 

"Mmm."

"If it weren't for the King, I wouldn't have come back today at all! Bloody wench can do it all on her own for all I care."
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th December 2014, 1:35 am

A fool? Mercury looked surprised at the accusation. She had never thought of him as stupid at any point, but she had somehow insulted him. Before she could even start to say anything, he was gone again. Just what was she doing wrong? Did he just not want her help at all? Frustrated and confused, Mercury curled up in her chair and glared at the screen in front of her, as if it were the computer's fault this was happening. She knew it wasn't, but she was too irritated with Zoisite to care at the moment. She would stay here for a while then, and he could go lurk somewhere else.

"I can't believe I was going to apologize to him..." she mumbled. The room itself was slowly getting cooler to match her mood, to the point where it was about 20 degrees below the rest of the palace's temperature. The electronics were well insulated and wouldn't break, but there was definitely a noticeable difference for a person who walked in.

"Hey, Zoisite, are"- Jadeite opened the doors and shivered when the air hit him. He spotted the far less friendly looking senshi a few seconds later, her back to him. He didn't need to look at her face to tell that he wasn't wanted here, and he quickly decided to look for his brother elsewhere. As he retreated back down the warmer hallway, he walked past Jupiter. She glanced at Jadeite as he went by, and then looked back at the computer room. Just what had gotten that reaction from him? 

"Mercury? You in here?" She opened the doors and gasped slightly, not expecting the drop in temperature. She walked over to her friend and turned the chair around. "Are you sulking?" Jupiter asked. This was unlike her, and it'd be kind of funny if Makoto weren't so concerned. Mercury gave her a disgruntled expression. "Ami...you're going to freeze this entire section of the palace at this rate." 

"There you are!" Jadeite said, stumbling into the kitchens. "Do you mind explaining what's happening in the computer room? It's freezing!" he said to Zoisite. "And Mercury's starting to scare me...What in the world were you two doing in there?"
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th December 2014, 3:22 pm

"Mercury and I got into another argument," Zoisite said. "And what do you mean the computer room is freezing?" Had she lost control of her powers again? Zoisite remembered in the Silver Millennium that when Princess Mercury had been emotional or worked up, or overly stressed, she sometimes would lose control and would begin freezing things without noticing. Part of him yearned to go to her, to help her as he use to, but he knew that he no longer had that right. 

"I don't know what to do anymore. She's making it quite obvious that she does not want me working on the project, but how can I let down the King? He asked me to work on this with her." His shoulders slumped forward as the anger drained from him.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th December 2014, 4:52 pm

Mercury sighed. "I fought with Zoisite again," she said. "And then he walked out." 

"Did you fight yesterday too? Is that why you went to go talk to him?" Mercury nodded. Jupiter took her hand and helped her stand up. "If you're this upset, maybe you should talk it out if you still want to work together ," she suggested. "It's not healthy to just stew in here. Besides think you just scared off poor Jadeite."

"I did? I didn't mean to do that at all! I didn't even realize he"- Mercury said, blushing as Jupiter started to laugh.

"I'm sure he's fine, he deals with Mars all the time."

"Yeah, freezing!" Jadeite said to him. "And she was just kind of sitting there in the center of it. I've never seen her like that before..." Nephrite thought about what Zoisite had just said. 

"I have a hard time believing that she's trying to make you leave the project. Why would she be so affected by you leaving then? Did she outright tell you she wanted you gone?" he asked. Nephrite wouldn't put it past the two to assume they hated each other just by over thinking their actions.  
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th December 2014, 11:19 pm

"Wouldn't be the first time she's done this," Zoisite said. "She's always been private about it so that's why you don't remember seeing it. It was usually one in the privacy of her room. Usually if she was stressed out or emotional or worked up about something, she would lose control, freeze objects or affect the temperature of the room she was in." Was he the cause of her loosing control of her powers again? The thought didn't sit well with him.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th December 2014, 1:34 pm

"Well, if you know what's going on, then go fix it!" Jadeite said. "If you two plan on bickering every day, then at least make sure it doesn't affect everyone else. I don't want to work at D-point again!"

Nephrite nodded. "For once, I actually agree with Jadeite. Go be a gentleman and sort this out. You don't have to start dating each other, or even work in the same room, but at least be tolerant."

"I'm just...I'm not sure I can handle talking to him right now," Mercury said, looking at the floor. She didn't trust herself to not say something harsh while in the moment and regret it later. 

"Alright, then maybe you should give the project a rest for today and go back to your room, okay?" She allowed Jupiter to lead her out of the computer room and back to their quarters.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 7:46 pm

[Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 TuUQAll_zpsd9f072d9

"If it were that simple to fix it, I would but it's not my place to fix it like that anymore Jadeite," Zoisite growled. He brightened as Nephrite spoke, giving him an idea. "Nephrite, you're a genius!" without another word, Zoisite rushed out. 

From his room, Zoisite set up his computer, hooking it up to the network for the new security system. It was pure genius. He could work from his room, never having to see Mercury. She could work during the day, and he could work from his room at night, picking up where she left off for the day. He grinned, feeling lighter than he had in two days. How could this go wrong?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st December 2014, 8:27 pm

"I really hope he took that the right way..." Nephrite said. Jadeite shrugged. "As long as the palace doesn't freeze over." 

The next day, Mercury went back to the computer room to work on the program. She still wondered what she was going to say to Zoisite when he walked in, but it turned out to be pointless, as he didn't show up at all. She worked until nightfall, but he hadn't come in once. Did something happen to him? No, someone would have told her if he was preoccupied or sick, right? So he was just avoiding her then. That was fine, as long as they got the work done. Besides, now they couldn't bother each other. Even after she had nationalized it as an acceptable arrangement, it still hurt when she walked back out of the computer room for the night, not having seen him the entire day.

Ami was a little more subdued the next few days, working by herself in the computer lab after checking to see what Zoisite had done the night before. He did leave very clear notes, which helped smooth the process over despite not directly seeing one another. The other senshi asked if she was okay when they noticed, but she brushed them off, insisting it was perfectly alright. Maybe they just weren't meant to get along in this lifetime. 

Today, they were about to finish an important step in the process of creating the defense system. But when she sat down to check the program over for the morning, she got nothing but a blank blue screen. Mercury frowned, and then started rapidly typing. Maybe it hadn't started up correctly... Minutes passed as she continued to try to figure out the problem. And then suddenly, the computer screen fizzled out, and shifted to show a familiar symbol: The Black Moon Clan's crescent.

"What?! But I thought Wiseman was destroyed!" The screen changed again to show a typed message.

"Nemesis may be destroyed, but the Black Moon Clan is eternal. We will always be there to destroy the White Moon, and no shield can keep us out of Crystal Tokyo."

The screen was flooded with pop ups and scrambled binary code as the now obvious virus started tearing apart the system. Sensing the breach, the main computer set off an alarm that would be sent to every other computer in the palace.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 12:07 am

Over the next several days, Zoisite became more and more recluse as he continued to work on the security systems. It was to the point that when Nephrite had visited him the other night, he'd become concerned at how down Zoisite was looking. The blonde had attempted to reassure his friend that he was fine, but he knew that Nephrite could spot his lie. He just hoped that Nephrite wouldn't rat him out to Kunzite, he really didn't need his defector leader and brother on his behind for his choices. Mercury, in response to his notes, began to leave him detailed notes on what she had done, and what was to be completed. It made doing work in his self-imposed exile a lot easier.

A loud noise began to come from his computer terminal, waking Zoisite. "Ugh, what is that noise, I just went to bed," he grumbled, cracking an eyelid open to glance at the clock he kept at his bedside.  Getting up, he stumbled over to his terminal,  tapping a few buttons quickly. What the heck was this blue screen? And who were the Moon Clan? Dammit, there was a virus in the system! Where had this come from. Quickly scanning the code, he saw something that drained all the colour in his face. 

Leaving his chair to clatter noisily on the ground,  Zoisite ran as fast as he could to the computer security room. Please let it not be too late, I can't lose her. Entering the computer terminal, he stood there panting, trying to locate her. There at the computer, trying to beat the code. There's not enough time, he thought frantically. 

"Get away from the terminal," he yelled, running towards her. He grabbed her wrist, yanking her out of the chair and twisting them so he was between her and the terminal. It was just in time, the keyboard began to spark uncontrollably for several seconds the entire terminal exploded.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 9:01 pm

Before Mercury could realize what was going on, she was pulled from her seat and facing Zoisite's chest. She caught sight of the cracking terminal and her mind caught up with the situation. Just as it exploded into flames, she stretched a hand out from around him, creating a partial sphere of her own energy, similar to the one she had used when fighting Queen Beryl centuries ago. She blacked out seconds after as the shockwave and heat hit them. 

"Mercury! Can you hear me? Wake up!" She groaned and slowly opened her eyes a few feet farther away than where she had started. The room was blurry and warmer than usual. She blinked a few times, and her vision cleared. The computer was partially on fire, and Sailor Mars was slowly forcing the temperature back down as a few other people she recognized as palace workers sprayed extinguishers on it as well. King Endymion was rapidly giving orders to a group of soldiers over the speakers, and Venus and Jupiter were hovering over her.

"...What?" Mercury managed to say, trying to get up. Her arm felt sore, along with the back of her head. And there was still a weight on her. Wait a minute... "Zoisite!" she said, before coughing a few times. He was lifted off of her by Nephrite and Jadeite, and Jupiter picked her up. "What's going on? What's happening?" she looked around the room again. "Where's Usagi?"

"The virus got into the mainframe of our main computer system, and caused it to have a system meltdown. We had to shut it down or risk an entire system failure. Many of our security measures are useless now... The Queen is working on a speech to give to the public to explain all this mess." Venus said, looking tired. Kunzite stuck his head into the room.

"Palace is secured. We're working on setting up patrols around the city now." Endymion nodded. 

"I can't believe there are still Black Moon Clan supporters out there. At least they don't seem to have any magic this time, but we can't be sure of that..." he said. Venus turned to Jupiter. 

"Take Mercury to the hospital ward to get looked at."

"We'll be right behind you..." Nephrite said, shifting Zoisite's limp body slightly.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th January 2015, 3:00 pm

Zoisite awoke was a gasp that jerked his entire body. He grit his teeth as the nerves on his back screamed in pain. He slowly relaxed his body, trying to calm the waves of pain that continued to assault him. What had happened? He blinked his eyes open, finding his sight to be blurry, he squeezed them closed before attempting once more. He was in the medical ward, laying on his chest on on of the medibeds. Taking stock of his body, he could feel wounds covering the entirety of his back, upper thighs and calves. He searched his memory, trying to remember what happened. 

He had been sleeping, awoken by a beeping on his computer terminal. There...there had been a virus of some sort, one that would cause the main terminal to explode and tear down the entire security system. He remembered leaving his room in a rush, panic lacing his chest, trying to get somewhere. Where had he been trying to go? The security computer room, to warn...

Mercury! He jerked again, body instinctively moving to find her, only to cause himself more pain. He hissed, forcing himself to relax on the bed. Where was she, was she alright? He remembered getting to the computer room in time, all but dragging her away from it. There hadn't been enough time to leave, so he had put himself between her and the blast he knew was incoming, in an effort to protect her. He couldn't see her on any of the beds nearby. Hopefully she hadn't been injured.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th January 2015, 9:34 pm

Sailor Mercury had been waiting in the medical ward for a few hours now, too anxious to leave and work on anything while Zoisite was still unconscious. Her left arm was wrapped with bandages, from the tips of her fingers to her elbow, leaving her with only one glove on. Her head was also partially wrapped, and her tiara sat on a nearby night stand. She hadn't wanted to receive treatment at all, but Venus had insisted that she at least get the wounds covered so they wouldn't get infected. Minor burns on one arm and a slight head injury were easily healed, courtesy of Crystal Tokyo's medicine and her own body's magic. All that was left was a lingering headache, and it might have just been from stress. 

After sitting a long vigil next to the more severely burnt Shitennou's bedside, she had finally been persuaded to leave for a few minutes to at least eat something. She came back in just as Zoisite started moving again. She was next to him in an instant.  

"Don't move so much, you'll hurt your back more!" Mercury said sternly, eyes jumping to the health monitors attached to his bed. He was still stable, good. She lowered her voice. "I thought you weren't going to make it..." If his burns were this bad, she didn't want to imagine what shape he would've been in if she hadn't tried to protect them as well.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th January 2015, 4:57 pm

Zoisite stilled as he heard Mercury's voice. What was she doing here? Was she injured as well?

"It takes a lot more than that to get ride of me," he replied softly. The fact that she appeared pleased to see him alive and not a crispy husk warmed something in him. It reminded him of when he had saved Princess Mercury from falling down a cliff. He had ended up tumbling down instead, landing in a half frozen lake. She had nursed his bruises and the pneumonia he ended up catching. Zoisite smiled at the memory. It was his act of saving her that had ended up convincing her of his serious intentions to court her. But this was a different time now and as much as he hated it, she was no longer his.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th January 2015, 6:42 pm

The tension slipped out of Mercury when she heard him speak, and she sat down in a chair next to his bed. Now that she knew he wasn't going to die on her, all the panic she was feeling earlier was quickly being replaced with a combination of relief and anger.

"Well, you came very close..." she said, frowning slightly as she started to lecture him. "You're not allowed to do anything strenuous beyond walking around the palace for at least a few weeks, with those burns on your back. That was really dangerous, throwing yourself in front of that explosion! You could have been skewered with metal, and, and..." she was running out of steam now, and she only realized that she had started to cry when a drop of water ran down her cheek and stained the bed sheets. "I'm so sorry for making you want to leave! I should have made up with you sooner, you could have died and we would have still been avoiding each other over some line of code!"

Mercury took a shuddering breath and tried to wipe away the tears with her wrapped hand. "S-sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th January 2015, 11:29 am

"Hey," he said, reaching out to gently grasp her bandaged arm with his hand. He could feel the movement pulling on the still healing burns, but he gritted his teeth. Right now he needed to comfort her. It was so instinctual for him that he didn't even stop to think about his actions. "It's alright, don't cry."

He had always hated seeing her hurt or upset in anyway, trying to find anyway to make it better. With those thoughts being the focus of his mind, Zoisite almost missed the pale green light that began to emanate from his hand. It slowly moved along Mercury's arm until the entire bandaged area was covered. This couldn't be. He thought he had lost it forever. Was his healing ability truly back?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th January 2015, 12:14 pm

When Zoisite touched Mercury's arm, a sense of calm swept over her, and her arm no longer felt sore from the remnants of her burns. But before she could even react to Zoisite's sudden healing powers, her mind was taken over by a memory.

She was still sitting by Zoisite's side, and he was still bedridden, but they were no longer in a castle. They were somewhere in the mountains, holed up in a wooden cabin as it snowed outside. She had been tending to his injuries and keeping down the fever he had gotten in a bad fall off a ledge, but it wouldn't have happened if he didn't try to protect her...

Mercury gasped sharply as she was brought back to the present, the memory still sticking with her. That was the day she had accepted his attempts to court her, she remembered it now. But should she tell Zoisite what she had just recalled? No, that was the past and this was now. They couldn't just pick up a relationship that had died long ago. Instead, she focused on her arm.

"How did you do that?" she asked, gently taking her hand away to unwrap it. The bandages fell to the floor, revealing her now undamaged skin. There wasn't even a scar left! "I had no idea you could heal!"
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th January 2015, 12:21 pm

"I use to have a healing ability, back on Earth before...everything. It disappeared when I became a slave to the Dark Kingdom and when I was reincarnated, I thought it lost forever. I didn't think it would ever come back," he explained. He had begun to think himself unworthy of having it. Eyes wide, he looked at his hand. While his ability wasn't as strong as it had once been, he was grateful that he at least had it again. Thank you, he silently said to any Deity that was listening.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th January 2015, 11:34 am

Mercury inspected her arm some more, amazed by how well it had healed. "That's incredible!" she said, smiling at Zoisite. She had always wondered how such an ability worked.

"I apologize for interrupting, but..." Kunzite stood in the hospital wing's doorway, hands behind his arms as he waited for them to finish. "Venus requires your help in the meeting room, Mercury," he said. She blushed and stood up from his side, realizing that she had spend more time than she had intended here. The city still needed to be secured again.

"Of course, I'll go see her now." Mercury stood up, gave Zoisite an apologetic look, and walked past Kunzite and out into the hall. When she had disappeared, Kunzite stepped in and closed the doors before going over to his bedside. 

"So..I overheard your healing skill is back?" he asked with a slight smile, sitting down in the unoccupied chair.

Last edited by JupiterThunderCrash on 7th February 2015, 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th February 2015, 5:55 am

Zoisite couldn't help but blush when she complimented his healing ability. It was no where near as powerful as it use to be and yet he had sill managed to heal her arm...He couldn't help but wonder what she would think if it was back at full strength. 

"Yes, it seems to have returned, at least partially," he replied once Mercury was gone. "What about any of you? Any hints of your powers returning?" Zoisite asked. If his had returned perhaps the others had already, but they would have told him if they had, right? It was possible that the others powers hadn't returned as of yet.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th February 2015, 11:59 am

Kunzite shook his head. "Not at the moment. None of our magical abilities have surfaced again, though considering the circumstances of your own coming back, maybe they just need the right trigger. Our powers could have been lying dormant this entire time until we needed them most." 

He stood up, rubbing the back of his neck tiredly. "Since you'll be stuck in here for a while more, I thought you should know what was going on now.The city streets have been calmed and secured again, but we still need to bring the main computer system back online. Right now, we've replaced all the security camera sweeps with physical patrols, so we should be fine for a while."
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 10:26 am

"It's always possible, but if we need to put ourselves in danger in order for it to trigger, is it really worth it?" Zoisite mused. He listened as Kunzite explained what they had done since the computer system was down. 

"I think it's a good idea to perhaps have a system in place, a contingency system, in case something like this ever happens again, then perhaps we won't be left scrambling as much. If you would bring me my net book,I can start working on getting some of the systems up and running again," he asked, hopefully. He knew it was a long shot to ask Kunzite, but he also knew that Nephrite and Jadeite were just outside the door, guarding it, and if Kunzite wouldn't bring it to him, one of them most likely would sneak it to him.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 12:07 pm

"I thought you'd ask for that..." Kunzite said, before he pulled out Zoisite's computer from behind his back. "If you really want to keep working, I'd rather you do it in here instead of risking injury trying to get out of the hospital wing." He handed it over. "A better back up plan is a good idea, I'll bring it up with the King and see if we can start developing it. Don't push yourself too far in here while you're still recovering." He went back to the door to leave. "Oh, and it's nice to see you and Mercury finally getting along." Before Zoisite could react, he slipped out the room.

The next month passed in a blur, Sailor Mercury and Zoisite working together to fix the main computer before the Black Moon Clan remnants could make another move. Soon, they were back to their original programming project, and with some of the tension between them gone, their work went by much smoother than before. 

Mercury moved her chair back and stretched, a content smile on her face. They were so close to finishing the defense program now, and she had started to sleep a little better as of late. After having the same dream so many times, she had woken up with a design for a device in her head. She didn't know exactly what it would do, but she felt it was important somehow, so she drew out the blueprints the same night and got to work on it the next day in her free time. 

The resulting object hung around her neck on a chain, a delicate metal hexagon pendant with a snowflake design. It also had a button in it, but Mercury couldn't quite remember what its purpose was. Though once she had started wearing the pendant, the dreams had lessened. She had forgotten what a full night's sleep felt like, and it was incredible.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th February 2015, 11:29 am

"Once the latest calculations have run, I think we can give the defense system a test run," Zoisite said, clicking the last few buttons required before beginning the calculation scan. He didn't think it would find any errors, but it was better to run on the cautious side. 

It had been a long month. It was only within the last week he'd been able to get out of bed. He tired easily still and was stiff in his movement. He was told it would take a few months of physical therapy and the new skin that had formed on his back to become less tight before he was back to his former fighting glory. Still having trouble sleeping, he'd had to bite his tongue so many times, his temper running extremely short, as to not disturb the new positive working relationship he had formed with Ami. Hew knew one wrong move or one slip of his mouth and it would be completely ruined.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th February 2015, 5:47 pm

Daisuke had been working in the palace for a few months now, monitoring and up-keeping the computers that ran important day to day programs, like security cameras. Ever since he had applied for the job and gotten accepted, he felt like he was one step closer to finding his purpose. The IT office was located in a specialized section of the palace, where the majority of the computer servers were situated.

Today, Daisuke and his team were assigned to work on reorganizing a part of the Crystal Tokyo Database. It was a massive online encyclopedia of information that had been started by Sailor Mercury, and was continuously added to as time went on. It was so huge that it occasionally had to be expanded and cleaned up so it could stay functional. The door to his office slid open, and his supervisor came in, looking irritated. 

"Kawamoto," she said. "Come here for a second, I need you to do something for me."

"Uh, sure..." Daisuke got up from his terminal and walked over to her. 

"I've been trying to rework a section of the database for a few hours now, but my clearance is too low to edit it." She handed him a keycard and a signed note. "I want you to go to the main computer room and get me the access code from Mercury-sama."

"Wait, you just want me to walk in there and ask? I thought I wasn't allowed in the Main Computer room."

"I just gave you permission, so don't worry about it. What, are you afraid she's going to fire you on the spot?"

Daisuke scratched the back of his head. "N-no, but still..."

"You'll be fine, just don't poke your head into things that aren't your business. Now get going, we need to get this done in a timely manner." Unable to refuse, Daisuke left the room and walked down the empty hallway to the Main Computer area. 

"At this rate, we can tell the King and Queen that it should be ready ahead of schedule," Mercury said, watching the screen as it scanned the program for errors.  On another monitor, a message popped up, saying that there was someone trying to enter the room with a keycard. Curious, she pulled up a camera feed from the hall, and got a video of a young white haired man standing nervously outside the door, wearing the uniform of a Level 2 IT Officer.

"I wonder what IT needs..." she said to herself. "I'm sorry, do you mind if I let him in and take care of this while the program is loading?" Mercury asked, turning to Zoisite.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th February 2015, 7:56 am

"Huh? Yah sure," Zoisite answered distractedly, staring intently at a piece of code he was looking over. For some reason it wasn't working well with some of the other security protocols in the simulations he had run and he was trying to figure out why. It had been driving him nuts all week. He couldn't figure out if the problem was with this code or one of the ones he had already written. 

"Hey Ami-chan, can you take a look at this when you're done with the IT guy?" he called. Maybe a fresh set of eyes would do him some good.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th February 2015, 9:34 am

"Of course," Mercury said, unlocking the door from the computer. She stood up and walked over to it to greet the man. 

Daisuke swiped the card he had been given and patiently waited for the door to unlock. On the outside he was calm, but on the inside, the thought of actually seeing Sailor Mercury in person was playing havoc on his nerves. Would he finally figure out just what had drawn him here in the first place? The door beeped as the light above it turned green, and it slid open, Mercury already waiting. 

"Did IT need something from me?" she asked. It took Daisuke a minute to remember how to talk. He had seen her before, in a dream, though she was younger and was not in a senshi uniform. But why was he dreaming about her at all?

"Er, yes. My superior needed the access code to get into a lock section of the database." He handed her the note. She read it, and realization dawned on her. 

"I completely forgot that I locked it at all, tell her I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll write down the code for you." She smiled at him and walked over to a nearby desk to find a pen, and that's when he noticed the pendant around her neck. It was so familiar... When she got back to him and handed him a folded sheet of paper, Daisuke blurted out his question without even thinking.

"Where did you get that necklace?" he asked. A moment passed before he realized what he had done. "Uh, sorry if I'm overstepping any boundaries! I'll just....be going now." When he turned to leave before he embarrassed himself further, a gloved hand caught his shoulder. 

"Wait a second." He tensed. Was she going to demote him for talking out of place, or fire him? Hesitant, he turned around to face her again. "...Do you recognize it?" Mercury asked seriously. "Because if you do, we need to talk later."

Last edited by JupiterThunderCrash on 12th February 2015, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th February 2015, 12:07 pm

Zoisite watched curiously as the IT worker came in began acting strangely. He seemed to recognize the necklace that Ami began wearing one day out of the blue. She never said a word about it and Zoisite didn't want to push her on it. 

He tried to pull his attention back to his work, it was honestly none of his business what was going on, but he couldn't seem to help the spark of jealousy that bloomed in his chest with the intensity of Mercury's reaction to the worker. 

He wasn't jealous. He was simply feeling heartburn.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th February 2015, 4:05 pm

Daisuke nodded. He found it difficult to take his eyes off the pendant now that he had seen it again. He knew it meant something to him, but he couldn't remember what it was. 

"I saw it in a dream I've been having," he explained. 

"That's what I expected," Mercury said. Her gaze made him feel like he was being scanned for study, and he shifted uncomfortably under it. "and what's your name?" 

"Daisuke Kawamoto."

"Kawamoto-san, can you meet me in Lab 105 tomorrow night?" she asked. "I have a few theories that i think you can help me test." 

"Uh, of course..." Daisuke said. After she dismissed him with the code, Mercury returned to the computer and Zoisite.

"I apologize for that interruption..." Mercury said to him. "What code did you want me to look at?"
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th February 2015, 3:23 pm

"Everything alright over there? Was that worker bothering you?" Zoisite asked, trying to keep his jealousy at bay. He had to keep reminding that they weren't together anymore. It still through him for a loop on occasion. It felt like he went to sleep one night, they were together and when he woke up the next day, two thousands years had passed, he had committed terrible sins and they were no longer together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance   [Relaxed] Mercurial Romance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Relaxed] Mercurial Romance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Silver Millennium :: RPG Forums :: Hall of Fame-